Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• edited April 2023
    nrlione said:
    Did I screw myself If I ONLY selected Reserved seating for my selections?  I didn't want GA because I'm getting old and lazy, but I would have selected that option if it meant getting tickets vs not getting tickets.  I understand I would have had better odds because I would have been in two lotto's, but was this the right choice If I only wanted seats?  I'm just trying to learn for the next time I try to get 10c tickets.  Thanks!  
    I think at this point nobody truly knows. The recommendation was to put in for more, and logic would dictate that the more options you put in, the more lotteries you’d be eligible for. 

But I think the lesson of the last 48+ hours has been that we truly don’t know what the logic here is and what algorithm was implemented to determine these results. 

So… maybe?

also - as a sample size of 1 - I put in RES for Chicago 1 and no other dates or seating options and I got what I requested. Doesn’t prove anything, but that’s my experience. 
    Post edited by troubledsoulsuniteblog on
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    filled/unfulfilled means nothing right now. You can check that page all you want. It means nothing right now 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,802
    edited April 2023
    PJammin said:
    Until someone convinces me otherwise, I am going to believe that they ran the prior algorithm as normal and that some people who lost GA were not automatically placed into the Reserved lottery as advertised.  There was then a snowball effect that affected all other entries.  GA entries went perfectly smooth, and Reserved seats were a disaster - this is the best explanation.

A few people may have gotten lucky and were placed into the Reserved lotto, but I am going with this until someone at 10C says otherwise.  
    This appears to have a high probability of being accurate. Unfortunately the instructions given were to essentially choose all ticket options so many folks end up in that "affected all other entries" bucket. 
    Yeah.  I only chose GA/RES because, well, it just made sense as someone who has done plenty of these lotteries in the past.  Once again, poor communication from 10c (shocking to no one)
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Did everyone have the dollar hold on your card after choosing? 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    Kevinman said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JimmyV said:
    Anyone seeing a refund on their credit card? I just have two pending payments for the shows I won. 
    Same here.  I was mentioning in another thread....I used a card with a zero balance, but only had a credit limit of $900. I hope the refund goes through in time for me to be charged another $661. Otherwise...do I lose my tickets? Can they let me use another card?

Call and increase your limit..............it takes about 5 minutes.

I was denied.  haha, not sure why, I have good credit.  It might have been a credit freeze I didnt take off. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
    I clicked both Options for Austin and ST Paul.  Got GA for 1 and Res for the other.

front spacer said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:
    Are people suggesting the GA/Reserved is in any way the same as Reserved?  I thought those were two totally different options where GA/Reserved = Floor (either seated or standing) and Reserved is seated bowl.  So if someone put GA/Reserved as their only option and didn't win, many people with lower priorities would win Reserved instead of them because they were not part of that lottery.
    That's not what it said. It said that if you weren't selected for GA you would be put in the pool for Reserved. But, apparently, that didn't happen?
    The Reserved choice was supposed to be for those that only wanted Reserved, did not want GA.
    Totally agree. That's why I only chose GA&Reserved. Because choosing also Reserved did not make sense to me since it was explained that choosing the first option was already included.
    But why take that risk? It said clear as day to select both options for best chances. They told you and you still thought, nah, they must be crazy. 

They are proving to be crazy, but ignoring that prompt is wild to me.
    What if clicking all boxes somehow glitched you out of the chance on getting GA since you chose RES only as an option. We would be having the exact same discussion on the opposite side. 

That’s a different issue. Ticketmaster told us how to improve odds and people ignored it. Not the same as they told us how to improve our odds, we all followed instructions, but something else messed up. 

How they ran stuff is a mess, it’s clear, but people willingly disregarding choosing both could not have helped. 
    But you are improving your odds since you are selecting GA and RES as apposed to just RES. The bump in the odds being increased  lies on the fact GA is making your chances on getting in the building better. 

Choosing to be in the RES lotto in two different boxes if you strike out on GA should not increase your RES odds in anyway shape or form. 
    I am not arguing that at all. 

Ticketmaster said on the selection screen: “ In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept.” 

Yet people decided they knew better and didn’t follow the instruction. 

Again, it’s clear they fucked up, but ignoring that definitely didn’t help some people here. 
    The 2nd option of RES only would have been for a person that DID NOT want GA Pit period…..the 1st option of GA/RES was for the sake of not wasting a request of GA only, then giving that same request the option of reverting into a seated RES ticket.

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,011
    JimmyV said:
    Wish one of the moderators would jump in and put an end to speculation. 
    @Sea
    @Santos L. Halper

Any update you could possibly give, we’re dying here……

The guy we want to hear from is Tim Bierman - @rubysdad
    He's busy updating his resume. 
  • BRWillyBRWilly Posts: 81
    PJammin said:
    Until someone convinces me otherwise, I am going to believe that they ran the prior algorithm as normal and that some people who lost GA were not automatically placed into the Reserved lottery as advertised.  There was then a snowball effect that affected all other entries.  GA entries went perfectly smooth, and Reserved seats were a disaster - this is the best explanation.

A few people may have gotten lucky and were placed into the Reserved lotto, but I am going with this until someone at 10C says otherwise.  
    This appears to have a high probability of being accurate. Unfortunately the instructions given were to essentially choose all ticket options so many folks end up in that "affected all other entries" bucket. 
    Still doesn't answer the priority question. Seems like there were two problems 1) possibly GA/Res were not put into Res if didn't win GA and 2) Priority didn't matter or was conducted differently (and in a way that no logical person would design) for this tour.
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23
    Philadelphia 9/7/24
    Baltimore 9/12/24

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JimmyV said:
    Anyone seeing a refund on their credit card? I just have two pending payments for the shows I won. 
    Same here.  I was mentioning in another thread....I used a card with a zero balance, but only had a credit limit of $900. I hope the refund goes through in time for me to be charged another $661. Otherwise...do I lose my tickets? Can they let me use another card?

I don't know the answer. Can you call and get your balance increased? Sucks that you might have to but at least then you wouldn't have to worry. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:
    Are people suggesting the GA/Reserved is in any way the same as Reserved?  I thought those were two totally different options where GA/Reserved = Floor (either seated or standing) and Reserved is seated bowl.  So if someone put GA/Reserved as their only option and didn't win, many people with lower priorities would win Reserved instead of them because they were not part of that lottery.
    That's not what it said. It said that if you weren't selected for GA you would be put in the pool for Reserved. But, apparently, that didn't happen?
    The Reserved choice was supposed to be for those that only wanted Reserved, did not want GA.
    Totally agree. That's why I only chose GA&Reserved. Because choosing also Reserved did not make sense to me since it was explained that choosing the first option was already included.
    But why take that risk? It said clear as day to select both options for best chances. They told you and you still thought, nah, they must be crazy. 

What if clicking all boxes somehow glitched you out of the chance on getting GA since you chose RES only as an option. We would be having the exact same discussion on the opposite side. 

That’s a different issue. Ticketmaster told us how to improve odds and people ignored it. Not the same as they told us how to improve our odds, we all followed instructions, but something else messed up. 

How they ran stuff is a mess, it’s clear, but people willingly disregarding choosing both could not have helped. 
    But you are improving your odds since you are selecting GA and RES as apposed to just RES. The bump in the odds being increased  lies on the fact GA is making your chances on getting in the building better. 

Choosing to be in the RES lotto in two different boxes if you strike out on GA should not increase your RES odds in anyway shape or form. 

Ticketmaster said on the selection screen: “ In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept.” 

Again, it’s clear they fucked up, but ignoring that definitely didn’t help some people here. 
    The referee's screwed me. Thats why we lost. 
  • BRWillyBRWilly Posts: 81
    jniko said:
    I think the computer chooses a random name for a show.  The computer looks to see what seat that person put in for.  If it’s available the person gets it.  It looks at your first priority and then second.  It then moves on to next random person.  Priority just tells the computer what you prefer when your name is chosen.  So if I’m the first person chosen I get my pick.  I don’t think priorities are grouped together. 
    Again, this is very different from previous years including the 2020 and 2022 draws with TM. If this is the new system going forward they need to clearly state that change.
    So if this is the case the lottery system is designed to select a bunch of people to likely win several shows while others miss out completely? 
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23
    Philadelphia 9/7/24
    Baltimore 9/12/24

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • ReleaseMeReleaseMe Posts: 745
    PJammin said:

Yeah.  I only chose GA/RES because, well, it just made sense as someone who has done plenty of these lotteries in the past.  Once again, poor communication from 10c (shocking to no one)
    I agree... wasn't our first rodeo... we selected GA/RES with the notion that if we were not selected in the GA pool... we would be placed in a pool along with the rest of priority one RES.  It makes no sense to even select the RES option as well... It's like putting a hat on top of a hat.
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    lahren said:
    So I'm confused. They are reassigning seats and I received the email for my reserved seats for STP show 2. I won GA for night 1. Are the GA tickets also going to be reassigned, or am I safe to say those are ok. I didn't receive a reassignment email for that receipt number, so I'm assuming this doesn't affect the GA tickets. Am I right?
    As of right now, yes you’re correct. Nothing has been said about anything changing for people who won the Pit lottery. Could it change by the end of the day? Who knows. But as of now those with Pit appear to be safe.
  • nrlionenrlione Posts: 13
    nrlione said:
    Did I screw myself If I ONLY selected Reserved seating for my selections?  I didn't want GA because I'm getting old and lazy, but I would have selected that option if it meant getting tickets vs not getting tickets.  I understand I would have had better odds because I would have been in two lotto's, but was this the right choice If I only wanted seats?  I'm just trying to learn for the next time I try to get 10c tickets.  Thanks!  
    I think at this point nobody truly knows. The recommendation was to put in for more, and logic would dictate that the more options you put in, the more lotteries you’d be eligible for. 

But I think the lesson of the last 48+ hours has been that we truly don’t know what the logic here is and what algorithm was implemented to determine these results. 

So… maybe?

also - as a sample size of 1 - I put in RES for Chicago 1 and no other dates or seating options and I got what I requested. Doesn’t prove anything, but that’s my experience. 
    Thanks for the response.  I had Chicago 1 reserved as my first choice, Indy reserved as 2nd, and Chicago 2 reserved as 3.  As far as I know, I did not get anything - no e-mail and Ticketmaster shows unfulfilled.  Bummer but life goes on.  Holler at a brother if anyone has extra tickets to any of these shows!
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:

But again your odds are greater since you are adding GA as an option so its not a lie. Plus there was lawn and side seats to consider into this. 

What kind of system tells you to put in for the same tickets twice with the same pick. It makes zero sense. Its either you are in the RES lotto or you are not. 
    How do you know you got better odds? Hasn't this already be debunked!
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    JimmyV said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JimmyV said:

I don't know the answer. Can you call and get your balance increased? Sucks that you might have to but at least then you wouldn't have to worry. 
    I called and was denied, not sure why. I have good credit, and this card was paid off recently.  no idea why. maybe its the pending charges. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    JD87070 said:
    lahren said:
    So I'm confused. They are reassigning seats and I received the email for my reserved seats for STP show 2. I won GA for night 1. Are the GA tickets also going to be reassigned, or am I safe to say those are ok. I didn't receive a reassignment email for that receipt number, so I'm assuming this doesn't affect the GA tickets. Am I right?
    As of right now, yes you’re correct. Nothing has been said about anything changing for people who won the Pit lottery. Could it change by the end of the day? Who knows. But as of now those with Pit appear to be safe.
    I guess we cannot accept anything as written in stone until we see the actual tickets on our phone. I think they've made this process far to complicated than it should have been. Just hope I at least keep those Pit tickets. My seats may very well end up better, which I'm hoping, as they weren't exactly what I expected with a 17 year old member number.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,668
    nrlione said:
    This is what I did for the very same reasons
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,276

For clarity, this is a comedic repost.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    So just waking up and trying to catch up on last nights shenanigans. Is it still Minn, Chicago, and Indy, or has it bled into the Tx shows yet? 

Seriously, with ticketmaster, all I can think about is the line from Dumb and Dumber (with a slight revision):

"Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this, and totally FAIL TO REDEEM YOURSELF!!"
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    Kevinman said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JimmyV said:

Call and increase your limit..............it takes about 5 minutes.

There is no guarantee that they will increase their credit limit, even with the request.  But if they do increase it, there is also a chance they will count it as a credit pull which will show on credit report for 2 years - every bank is different, but it's definately worth reaching out to your credit card company/bank and considering to try and get ahead of any issues.
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    is there still hope for winning Texas? 
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Yield98Yield98 Posts: 151
    Peace, Love, Pearl Jam

Alpine 98,00,03 TFC 99, Chicago 00,03,09(2X) St. Louis 03, Champagne 03, St. Paul 03, 06(2X), 14, Noblesville 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04,06, Thunder Bay 05, Cleveland 06, Lolla 07, Roo 08, PJ20 X2, Wrigley 13 & 16, Portland/Spokane/Seattle 13, Milwaukee 14, Fenway 18X2, Quebec City/Ottawa 22
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    jrome said:
    Shutout again.  Been a member for 20 years and haven’t gotten tenclub tix since 2016.  Kinda bullsh!t when so many people post getting multiple shows every tour. 
    I feel like this is the big thing. It's a lot easier to swallow not getting picked when there isn't someone else getting SIX shows to your zero. That's not the situation I'm in (I got both of the two I put in for) but I can 100% see how people would be steamed about that setting aside all the discussion about show priorities and the rest. Maybe "only one show" isn't the right answer any more, but there is a lot of room between "only one" and "unlimited". Maybe it's "nobody should get a third show if anyone who requested the same number of shows still has zero", or whatever. A thousand possibilities. 

On the other hand, the problem is it starts to make the algorithm really complex, and the more complex it is, the more susceptible it is to not working the way you want/think it will. 
    jrome said:
    Shutout again.  Been a member for 20 years and haven’t gotten tenclub tix since 2016.  Kinda bullsh!t when so many people post getting multiple shows every tour. 
    I feel like this is the big thing. It's a lot easier to swallow not getting picked when there isn't someone else getting SIX shows to your zero. That's not the situation I'm in (I got both of the two I put in for) but I can 100% see how people would be steamed about that setting aside all the discussion about show priorities and the rest. Maybe "only one show" isn't the right answer any more, but there is a lot of room between "only one" and "unlimited". Maybe it's "nobody should get a third show if anyone who requested the same number of shows still has zero", or whatever. A thousand possibilities. 

On the other hand, the problem is it starts to make the algorithm really complex, and the more complex it is, the more susceptible it is to not working the way you want/think it will. 
    I agree with this. I have a high 10c number and I got seats (terrible seats) but seats for Austin N1. My email came really late and I thought I was getting shut out and was starting to get irritated with people posting multiple successes. Thankfully, I got lucky and I feel bad for those that didn't. Im no computer expert, but it would seem to be a pretty easy fix to have everyone get one show per tour before they started awarding multiple. This is a fan club after all, so rewarding more people should prob be a priority. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    That is from 2020. The current text is this: 

bbiggs said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    And there it is in plain English again.  This continues to be overlooked by a few posters here who "know how a lottery works" when the rest of us are supposedly schmucks.  Priority #5 should not get seats to the same show Priority #1 struck out on.  Plain and f'n simple.

That's from 2020. The current text is this:

• leebug87leebug87 Posts: 92
    So where are today's draws?
    i am lost, i'm no guide, but i'm by your side
    i am right by your side...
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    JimmyV said:
    They generally take a day or two as they normally won't show up in your pending charges/credits and don't appear until it's actually cleared.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 962
    i put GA/Res as my only pick. I only wanted GA, so when others talked about clicking both GA/Res and Res, I said no way! That could screw me some how. Ended up wit Res. 

Did the same with wife's account, only checking GA/Res, and got GA

Point is no way was I going to check both boxes, just didn't make sense and still doesn't