Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    Person 1 chooses Chicago N1 & N2 as their number 1 and 2 priority with only reserved seats & doesn't win
    Person 2 chooses Chicago N1 & N2 as their number 3 & 4 priority with only reserved seats & wins

^ this scenario is littered all over this thread - it makes zero sense
    Person 2 was selected as a lottery winner so they get tickets, and Person 1 was not selected in the lottery and gets no tickets.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Im thinking that this is why they were doing a mini tour.  As a test run with the new process for a larger tour next year. 
    I’m sorry but they didn’t plan a tour to test a ticketing system lmao that’s insane 
    I phrased that wrong, but what I am saying is...they planned a tour, yes.  They knew they were going to do some shows.  However, this is the first time we have seen "GA and Reserved" as an option, with "Reserved Only" as another option.  

My guess is that they decided to see how this would work on this smaller tour, rather than roll this out untested on a larger, multi-country album tour. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • How do I find the ticketing status that some ppl have screenshots of?  Example:

Thanks!
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    Stop looking at your ticket status. That page means absolutely nothing right now. They pulled the plug. They didn’t even finish their wack ass process. They basically started over. I wouldn’t dig too deep into your ticket status in a link. Until you get that email win or lose at this point anything is game 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Im thinking that this is why they were doing a mini tour.  As a test run with the new process for a larger tour next year. 
    I’m sorry but they didn’t plan a tour to test a ticketing system lmao that’s insane 
    I phrased that wrong, but what I am saying is...they planned a tour, yes.  They knew they were going to do some shows.  However, this is the first time we have seen "GA and Reserved" as an option, with "Reserved Only" as another option.  

My guess is that they decided to see how this would work on this smaller tour, rather than roll this out untested on a larger, multi-country album tour. 
    We had a best available last tour too but also had a GA only option. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    jamison14 said:
    How do I find the ticketing status that some ppl have screenshots of?  Example:

Thanks!
    https://tenclub-us.shop.ticketstoday.com/Requests.aspx

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    edited April 2023
    So I'm confused. They are reassigning seats and I received the email for my reserved seats for STP show 2. I won GA for night 1. Are the GA tickets also going to be reassigned, or am I safe to say those are ok. I didn't receive a reassignment email for that receipt number, so I'm assuming this doesn't affect the GA tickets. Am I right?
    Post edited by lahren on
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:
    Are people suggesting the GA/Reserved is in any way the same as Reserved?  I thought those were two totally different options where GA/Reserved = Floor (either seated or standing) and Reserved is seated bowl.  So if someone put GA/Reserved as their only option and didn't win, many people with lower priorities would win Reserved instead of them because they were not part of that lottery.
    That's not what it said. It said that if you weren't selected for GA you would be put in the pool for Reserved. But, apparently, that didn't happen?
    The Reserved choice was supposed to be for those that only wanted Reserved, did not want GA.
    Totally agree. That's why I only chose GA&Reserved. Because choosing also Reserved did not make sense to me since it was explained that choosing the first option was already included.
    But why take that risk? It said clear as day to select both options for best chances. They told you and you still thought, nah, they must be crazy. 

They are proving to be crazy, but ignoring that prompt is wild to me.
    What if clicking all boxes somehow glitched you out of the chance on getting GA since you chose RES only as an option. We would be having the exact same discussion on the opposite side. 

That’s a different issue. Ticketmaster told us how to improve odds and people ignored it. Not the same as they told us how to improve our odds, we all followed instructions, but something else messed up. 

How they ran stuff is a mess, it’s clear, but people willingly disregarding choosing both could not have helped. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    bbiggs said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    And there it is in plain English again.  This continues to be overlooked by a few posters here who "know how a lottery works" when the rest of us are supposedly schmucks.  Priority #5 should not get seats to the same show Priority #1 struck out on.  Plain and f'n simple.

Well...except that was the information for previous tours and tickets. It wasn't stated that way for this one.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    Wish one of the moderators would jump in and put an end to speculation. 
    I doubt it. Because it clearly didn't work as intended. I've always understood it as #1 picks al get put into a pool together. If any tickets are left, then it goes to #2 picks, and so on. That's how it was explained before, and that's what it looks like it says this time.
    If what people are posting is true, then that didn't happen. I don't see them coming out and clarifying something that didn't go as planned. 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    edited April 2023

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

But I think your name has to be pulled first so yes someone with a priority 2 could win over a 1 because 1’s name never got pulled.  Does this make sense? 
    The key words here are "if any tickets remain" which is the language to hang your hat on in the scenarios where someone chose a show as Priority 2 and got tickets while someone who chose the same show as Priority 1 and didn't get tickets (assuming they chose same seating preference ie Reserved). This SHOULDN'T ever have happened yet there are documented instances throughout this board and elsewhere.
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    Person 1 chooses Chicago N1 & N2 as their number 1 and 2 priority with only reserved seats & doesn't win
    Person 2 chooses Chicago N1 & N2 as their number 3 & 4 priority with only reserved seats & wins

Person 2 was selected as a lottery winner so they get tickets, and Person 1 was not selected in the lottery and gets no tickets.
    Then why have a priority selection?  Makes zero sense to select them based on the person and not the priority of the show that was selected. You have night one Chicago - you put everyone who selected that as priority 1 into a lottery and you pull names.  IF tickets still remain you go to a lottery for priority 2 choices.

or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    edited April 2023

But I think your name has to be pulled first so yes someone with a priority 2 could win over a 1 because 1’s name never got pulled.  Does this make sense? 
    In my opinion it doesn't...
    Ok then how do they pull names…..they randomly let a computer pick them.  Gotta be picked first before they even look at your choices.  Doesn’t that seem like the logical process?  Even if they take all CH1 priority the computer still has to pick your name.  
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:
    Are people suggesting the GA/Reserved is in any way the same as Reserved?  I thought those were two totally different options where GA/Reserved = Floor (either seated or standing) and Reserved is seated bowl.  So if someone put GA/Reserved as their only option and didn't win, many people with lower priorities would win Reserved instead of them because they were not part of that lottery.
    That's not what it said. It said that if you weren't selected for GA you would be put in the pool for Reserved. But, apparently, that didn't happen?
    The Reserved choice was supposed to be for those that only wanted Reserved, did not want GA.
    Totally agree. That's why I only chose GA&Reserved. Because choosing also Reserved did not make sense to me since it was explained that choosing the first option was already included.
    But why take that risk? It said clear as day to select both options for best chances. They told you and you still thought, nah, they must be crazy. 

What if clicking all boxes somehow glitched you out of the chance on getting GA since you chose RES only as an option. We would be having the exact same discussion on the opposite side. 

That’s a different issue. Ticketmaster told us how to improve odds and people ignored it. Not the same as they told us how to improve our odds, we all followed instructions, but something else messed up. 

How they ran stuff is a mess, it’s clear, but people willingly disregarding choosing both could not have helped. 
    But you are improving your odds since you are selecting GA and RES as apposed to just RES. The bump in the odds being increased  lies on the fact GA is making your chances on getting in the building better. 

Choosing to be in the RES lotto in two different boxes if you strike out on GA should not increase your RES odds in anyway shape or form. 
  • JRSJRS Posts: 8
    So I got a response to my email this morning to ticketstoday about not receiving an email that I sent yesterday at about 7 pm cst.

the rep told me that if I didn’t receive an email on April 24th then I was out but judging from this thread no one received an email on April 24.

Ridiculous. I still assume I’m out but their reps seeming have no clue. And I emailed the 10c support address
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442

If that's the case, that's messed up. 

Am I crazy to think that they should continue to draw only from the 1s until either them or the tickets are exhausted. Then move on from there if tickets remain, and all 1s have gotten in.

I mean, we're putting it as #1 for a reason.
    Nope, fully agree
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Discopij said:
    Admittedly I didn't read every post for the last 18 hours so I'm not sure how much this has been discussed ... but I was surprised that I won 2nd choice (Reserved) for all 3 of the shows I put in for.  Makes me wonder if they picked individual names and once you were selected you got all remaining available shows you wanted ... which would lead to plenty of #2s getting in over #1s.  For example Chicago N2 was my #2 priority and i got Reserved even though many people here are suggesting they didn't get N2 #1 Reserved.
    To me this is most likely what happened. Maybe it was an intentional change which is their right. Seems like an odd change to make IMO but it is their right. Wish that would have been more clear that this was a departure from how this worked previously but that’s ultimately irrelevant.

I do also think it is probable that selecting just Reserved over GA/Reserved + Reserved improved your odds for scoring seats but that is just a hunch. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:

But you are improving your odds since you are selecting GA and RES as apposed to just RES. The bump in the odds being increased  lies on the fact GA is making your chances on getting in the building better. 

Choosing to be in the RES lotto in two different boxes if you strike out on GA should not increase your RES odds in anyway shape or form. 
    I am not arguing that at all. 

Ticketmaster said on the selection screen: “ In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept.” 

Yet people decided they knew better and didn’t follow the instruction. 

Again, it’s clear they fucked up, but ignoring that definitely didn’t help some people here. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    JRS said:
    So I got a response to my email this morning to ticketstoday about not receiving an email that I sent yesterday at about 7 pm cst.

the rep told me that if I didn’t receive an email on April 24th then I was out but judging from this thread no one received an email on April 24.

Ridiculous. I still assume I’m out but their reps seeming have no clue. And I emailed the 10c support address
    An email confirming that you have an actual seat
    An email confirming that you weren't chosen I'm sure is forthcoming

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253

That's not how it was explained and not how it worked before. All priority 1 are entered into the lottery first. Only when all priority 1s have tickets, do they move to priority to.  That's how it worked before and that'd how the instructions read. 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606

Then why have a priority selection?  Makes zero sense to select them based on the person and not the priority of the show that was selected. You have night one Chicago - you put everyone who selected that as priority 1 into a lottery and you pull names.  IF tickets still remain you go to a lottery for priority 2 choices.

Precisely IlliniGuy76. AND this is how it was said to work.....obviously not the case. 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,439
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:

This is what I was initially concerned about when submitting my entries. Ultimately I decided to select both options based on 10c’s response to an email I sent. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946

Ding ding ding...winner.

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    edited April 2023
    I would not put much stock in what a random Ticketmaster Customer service person has to say about the issue.  No offense to them at all, but I dont they are probably not keen on what is happening.  I'd trust the 10C to give you a better answer.  

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    I could be proven wrong, but I don't believe anyone who selected Indy lawn or Chicago side/rear is out of the running yet. It doesn't appear those draws have even happened. Regardless of fulfilled/unfulfilled, at some point winners of those tickets will be notified. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740

Do you know where this is posted? Source?
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    So when do you all think that TM will be called back to congress since they promised it wouldn’t happen again?  I think the lottery was run properly but obviously the seniority seating was not.  
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    I don't know. These things aren't in our control. I'm just going to log off and come back later while this shitstorm sorts itself out. Lots of speculation, time, energy, and frustration. Yep, they f'd up. Yes, ultimately it's all about making money for the ticket powers that be. What else is new? The music business has been nothing but chaos since the beginning of time. But it doesn't really do any good to stress about it. It just takes the energy, fun and excitement we have about seeing the band in the first place. Maybe we need to start talking about subs again!
  • TP128347TP128347 Posts: 67
    TP128347 said:
    OMG!!!  FM!#@!  I just checked my payment info.  Wrong CC.  Similar # and same exp date as the card I use.  Glad I signed up for TM sale, but then again, I'm sure that will be a disaster on Friday.
    How did you check your payment information?
    It should've popped up that it was an invalid CC number.
    I check payment in TM "My Account -> Payment Options" (lower left corner of page).  Don't know why it wasn't invalid before.  Puzzling.
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
    bbiggs said:

Ding ding ding...winner.

I mean - the other way you'd have many people getting many tickets simply because the person was chosen not the priority of the show