Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    JimmyV said:
    I could be proven wrong, but I don't believe anyone who selected Indy lawn or Chicago side/rear is out of the running yet. It doesn't appear those draws have even happened. Regardless of fulfilled/unfulfilled, at some point winners of those tickets will be notified. 
    I hope you’re correct!   
  • mturnermturner Posts: 2
    Anyone received lottery results for Chicago?  I still haven’t gotten anything either way. Checked spam, ticket master account and PJ account. Nothing.
    MT - Chicago
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:
    Are people suggesting the GA/Reserved is in any way the same as Reserved?  I thought those were two totally different options where GA/Reserved = Floor (either seated or standing) and Reserved is seated bowl.  So if someone put GA/Reserved as their only option and didn't win, many people with lower priorities would win Reserved instead of them because they were not part of that lottery.
    That's not what it said. It said that if you weren't selected for GA you would be put in the pool for Reserved. But, apparently, that didn't happen?
    The Reserved choice was supposed to be for those that only wanted Reserved, did not want GA.
    Totally agree. That's why I only chose GA&Reserved. Because choosing also Reserved did not make sense to me since it was explained that choosing the first option was already included.
    But why take that risk? It said clear as day to select both options for best chances. They told you and you still thought, nah, they must be crazy. 

They are proving to be crazy, but ignoring that prompt is wild to me.
    What if clicking all boxes somehow glitched you out of the chance on getting GA since you chose RES only as an option. We would be having the exact same discussion on the opposite side. 

That’s a different issue. Ticketmaster told us how to improve odds and people ignored it. Not the same as they told us how to improve our odds, we all followed instructions, but something else messed up. 

How they ran stuff is a mess, it’s clear, but people willingly disregarding choosing both could not have helped. 
    But you are improving your odds since you are selecting GA and RES as apposed to just RES. The bump in the odds being increased  lies on the fact GA is making your chances on getting in the building better. 

Choosing to be in the RES lotto in two different boxes if you strike out on GA should not increase your RES odds in anyway shape or form. 
    I am not arguing that at all. 

Ticketmaster said on the selection screen: “ In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept.” 

Yet people decided they knew better and didn’t follow the instruction. 

Again, it’s clear they fucked up, but ignoring that definitely didn’t help some people here. 
    But again your odds are greater since you are adding GA as an option so its not a lie. Plus there was lawn and side seats to consider into this. 

What kind of system tells you to put in for the same tickets twice with the same pick. It makes zero sense. Its either you are in the RES lotto or you are not. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    Anyone seeing a refund on their credit card? I just have two pending payments for the shows I won. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • I put in for Indy only and select at all options, and got denied.
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    Wish one of the moderators would jump in and put an end to speculation. 
    @Sea
    @Santos L. Halper

Any update you could possibly give, we’re dying here……

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Everyone needs to take a deep breath, let 10c finish the fan club lottery and send confirmation/rejection emails, and then feel all the feels once you know for sure you have not gotten tickets.

Take it from Jeff...

• JbabbingtonJbabbington Posts: 151

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    Do you know where this is posted? Source?
    https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205143590-Pre-sale-Drawing

Seems this is for the '20 tour, although one would think this aspect would hold true to this years tour.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    JimmyV said:
    Anyone seeing a refund on their credit card? I just have two pending payments for the shows I won. 
    I do not have the charge there.........I never checked yesterday to see if it was there, but it's not there now.  I did win tix to N1 Chicago.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,802
    edited April 2023
    Until someone convinces me otherwise, I am going to believe that they ran the prior algorithm as normal and that some people who lost GA were not automatically placed into the Reserved lottery as advertised.  There was then a snowball effect that affected all other entries.  GA entries went perfectly smooth, and Reserved seats were a disaster - this is the best explanation.

A few people may have gotten lucky and were placed into the Reserved lotto, but I am going with this until someone at 10C says otherwise.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Wait - so did I not get my Taylor Swift tickets?
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    @Sea
    @Santos L. Halper

The guy we want to hear from is Tim Bierman - @rubysdad

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    I also think they should have announced our seat locations AFTER everyone was selected. Then we wouldn't even be aware of what's now going wrong behind the scenes. We'd just be happy or sad if we won or lost. That's all.
  • twmillstwmills Posts: 54
    Stop looking at your ticket status. That page means absolutely nothing right now. They pulled the plug. They didn’t even finish their wack ass process. They basically started over. I wouldn’t dig too deep into your ticket status in a link. Until you get that email win or lose at this point anything is game 
    Hope you're right
  • JimmyV said:
    My charge is still there from yesterday as well. 
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23 8/29/24 8/31/24

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    JimmyV said:
    Same here.  I was mentioning in another thread....I used a card with a zero balance, but only had a credit limit of $900. I hope the refund goes through in time for me to be charged another $661. Otherwise...do I lose my tickets? Can they let me use another card?

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:
    Are people suggesting the GA/Reserved is in any way the same as Reserved?  I thought those were two totally different options where GA/Reserved = Floor (either seated or standing) and Reserved is seated bowl.  So if someone put GA/Reserved as their only option and didn't win, many people with lower priorities would win Reserved instead of them because they were not part of that lottery.
    That's not what it said. It said that if you weren't selected for GA you would be put in the pool for Reserved. But, apparently, that didn't happen?
    The Reserved choice was supposed to be for those that only wanted Reserved, did not want GA.
    Totally agree. That's why I only chose GA&Reserved. Because choosing also Reserved did not make sense to me since it was explained that choosing the first option was already included.
    But why take that risk? It said clear as day to select both options for best chances. They told you and you still thought, nah, they must be crazy. 

What if clicking all boxes somehow glitched you out of the chance on getting GA since you chose RES only as an option. We would be having the exact same discussion on the opposite side. 

That’s a different issue. Ticketmaster told us how to improve odds and people ignored it. Not the same as they told us how to improve our odds, we all followed instructions, but something else messed up. 

How they ran stuff is a mess, it’s clear, but people willingly disregarding choosing both could not have helped. 
    But you are improving your odds since you are selecting GA and RES as apposed to just RES. The bump in the odds being increased  lies on the fact GA is making your chances on getting in the building better. 

Choosing to be in the RES lotto in two different boxes if you strike out on GA should not increase your RES odds in anyway shape or form. 

Ticketmaster said on the selection screen: “ In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept.” 

Again, it’s clear they fucked up, but ignoring that definitely didn’t help some people here. 
    The 2nd option of RES only would have been for a person that DID NOT want GA Pit period…..the 1st option of GA/RES was for the sake of not wasting a request of GA only, then giving that same request the option of reverting into a seated RES ticket.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    My 2022 tickets don't even show up under my tickets anymore. Am I suppose to wipe my memory of those shows?
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:

But again your odds are greater since you are adding GA as an option so its not a lie. Plus there was lawn and side seats to consider into this. 

What kind of system tells you to put in for the same tickets twice with the same pick. It makes zero sense. Its either you are in the RES lotto or you are not. 
    Okay, my last try. I am not arguing the sense of it all. I AGREE WITH YOU. 

But this system, Ticketmasters system, clearly stated and told us what to do to improve your chances and people ignored it. 

I get it doesn’t make sense. But thinking we know better than what they are clearly instructing makes even less sense.

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    @Sea
    @Santos L. Halper

What would be wonderful on the above is answering the question of - why did folks who had Chicago N1 and N2 as their 1/2 priorities lose out to people (with the same seats selected) who had them as Priority 3-6 (the examples are littered all over this thread for reference).
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JimmyV said:
    Same here.  I was mentioning in another thread....I used a card with a zero balance, but only had a credit limit of $900. I hope the refund goes through in time for me to be charged another $661. Otherwise...do I lose my tickets? Can they let me use another card?

Call and increase your limit..............it takes about 5 minutes.

I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Until someone convinces me otherwise, I am going to believe that they ran the prior algorithm as normal and that some people who lost GA were not automatically placed into the Reserved lottery as advertised.  There was then a snowball effect that affected all other entries.  GA entries went perfectly smooth, and Reserved seats were a disaster - this is the best explanation.

A few people may have gotten lucky and were placed into the Reserved lotto, but I am going with this until someone at 10C says otherwise.  
    This appears to have a high probability of being accurate. Unfortunately the instructions given were to essentially choose all ticket options so many folks end up in that "affected all other entries" bucket. 
  • nrlionenrlione Posts: 13
    Did I screw myself If I ONLY selected Reserved seating for my selections?  I didn't want GA because I'm getting old and lazy, but I would have selected that option if it meant getting tickets vs not getting tickets.  I understand I would have had better odds because I would have been in two lotto's, but was this the right choice If I only wanted seats?  I'm just trying to learn for the next time I try to get 10c tickets.  Thanks!  
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    jniko said:
    I think the computer chooses a random name for a show.  The computer looks to see what seat that person put in for.  If it’s available the person gets it.  It looks at your first priority and then second.  It then moves on to next random person.  Priority just tells the computer what you prefer when your name is chosen.  So if I’m the first person chosen I get my pick.  I don’t think priorities are grouped together. 
    Again, this is very different from previous years including the 2020 and 2022 draws with TM. If this is the new system going forward they need to clearly state that change.
  • fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    Absolutely unconscionable that a band that is essentially a multi multi million dollar organization has crap like this happen in the year 2023. Just yikes. 
    think I'll throw these pills away...
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,235
    Oh boy. They really fucked this up!

Facts:
    1. Lawn for Indy not drawn yet. 
    Some people with p2 and higher were drawn in front of people with p1 for the same show with the same options selected. 
    3. Seniority seating based on 10c number was not honored (this has been acknowledged)

I don’t know how they can fix all this without a LOT of people getting really upset. I know they probably can’t do an entire redo but I for one would be ok starting over. And I won all my shows!  I put in for:
    P1 Indy (all options checked)
    P2 St. Paul night 2 (all options)
    P3 St. Paul night 1 (all options)

Its fucked up that I won all 3 when others had exact options selected for St. Paul but had them as their P1 and didn’t win. There’s no way I should’ve been selected before those P1 s for St. Paul. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,667
    JimmyV said:
    My charge is still there from yesterday as well. 
    So is mine. I have the pending charges for my shows still there.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JimmyV said:

I was wondering the same thing. I only got 1 show, so I'm good. But people who got 2 or 3, that's a lot to be putting on a card if you hadn't planned on it. Refunds sometimes take a few days to credit. Hope it all works out!
  • JRSJRS Posts: 8
    JRS said:
    So I got a response to my email this morning to ticketstoday about not receiving an email that I sent yesterday at about 7 pm cst.

the rep told me that if I didn’t receive an email on April 24th then I was out but judging from this thread no one received an email on April 24.

Ridiculous. I still assume I’m out but their reps seeming have no clue. And I emailed the 10c support address
    An email confirming that you have an actual seat
    An email confirming that you weren't chosen I'm sure is forthcoming
    That’s probably the most likely scenario but as I said it seems to me that no one received confirmation on April 24th. 
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    Oh boy. They really fucked this up!

Facts:
    1. Lawn for Indy not drawn yet. 
    Some people with p2 and higher were drawn in front of people with p1 for the same show with the same options selected. 
    3. Seniority seating based on 10c number was not honored (this has been acknowledged)

I don’t know how they can fix all this without a LOT of people getting really upset. I know they probably can’t do an entire redo but I for one would be ok starting over. And I won all my shows!  I put in for:
    P1 Indy (all options checked)
    P2 St. Paul night 2 (all options)
    P3 St. Paul night 1 (all options)

Its fucked up that I won all 3 when others had exact options selected for St. Paul but had them as their P1 and didn’t win. There’s no way I should’ve been selected before those P1 s for St. Paul. 
    The exact same scenario happened with many other shows as well.  Still makes zero sense.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)