The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    This monkey's gone to Aotearoa...

Slicin' up Gold Coast, I want you to know...

Let's ride a tire down river Yarra...

I was swimming in Darling Harbour...

Come to send, not condescend...
  • MattayMattay Posts: 35
    ACDC's instagram is a countdown supposedly to a world tour.  4 days to go.

Will we get ACDC and Pearl Jam announced back to back?
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 708
    AC/DC announcement 12th Feb 9am Central Europe time.
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,158
    AC/DC's announcement is for Monday, not Tuesday.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,140
    JojoRice said:
    If anyone is looking for Seattle hotels, I would recommend The Mediterranean Inn -> super close to arena, roof top with view of the Sound, and easy bus routes to all over the city.
    Im booked there as well! Looks like a PJ takeover brewing. 
    Glad so many found it already! I live across the street from it, and I'm a fan of the neighborhood. Its got everything you need in walking distance - grocery, pharmacy, restaurants, bars, record store, pot store ect. One more plug, go to Zingaro Cafe for coffee. It's owned by nice guy/family. Avoid the Starbucks connected to the hotel, which I know can be tough for the ease of access.
    Thanks for the tips!

If you have more, here we are

Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,441
    Thanks for all of the Vancouver travel tips everyone! Really appreciate it! 
  • JojoRice said:
    just_one said:
    Does anyone knows how many priorities can one person put? Im hoping for 6 because of london,berlin and barcelona 
    You'll likely be able to put in for the entire tour if you want. No guarantee's that you'll score on all of your submissions though. 

I'm wondering what's going to happen with some of the UK venues that do not use ticketmaster. (AXS for 02) will they use a different system other than tickets today?

But looking at rumors. All of the US stops use ticketmaster, including philly which recently switched over.
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    JojoRice said:
    just_one said:
    Does anyone knows how many priorities can one person put? Im hoping for 6 because of london,berlin and barcelona 
    You'll likely be able to put in for the entire tour if you want. No guarantee's that you'll score on all of your submissions though. 

I'm wondering what's going to happen with some of the UK venues that do not use ticketmaster. (AXS for 02) will they use a different system other than tickets today?

But looking at rumors. All of the US stops use ticketmaster, including philly which recently switched over.
    Ticketmaster is still used along with Axs for the o2.
    Kearnsy
  • R.E.M. they are not.  They have done exactly what they want and when they want for the last 20 years.  They won't let it get to a point where they never want to play together again like R.E.M.  They'll keep it going as long as their health is good and people keep packing arenas to see them. 

R.E.M. fans tick me off. They keep buying these album reissues.  Make them play shows to make money.  I want them to be miserable on stage together!
    those fuckers came to Winnipeg ONCE. in 2004 for Around The Sun. played a mid sized theatre. seats 2305 people. the demand was INSANE. 
    Saw them in Denver on that 2004 tour, in a similar sized place (the Fillmore holds 2000). Was a great night, they were playing so well at the time.
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Anyone spotting decent prices for hotels in Vancouver?
    I booked Blue Horizon at the beginning of December. Not the closest to the venue and not a 5 star, but the ratings were excellent. Nearly $1000 USD for 3 nights. I call that very expensive, but I'm a cheapskate. 
    Yah we used to use the Rosedale on Robson as it's more like a suite (even if the beds are old) and it was pretty reasonable, but it's now $1400 + tax CDN$ for the 3 nights.

Sandman is about the same price.

I can get the Hyatt Regency through my work for about $1000 Canadian.   This might be the go to.  It's a bit further but still only a 20 minute walk I think.  That has to be closer than when we stayed at the Flamingo to walk to the Sphere last week.
    I always stay at LINQ for 5 sphere shows and that's a super easy walk! Nothing to it.. way better than those folks waiting for rideshare. 
    Left during first verse of Beautiful Day (last song).  Ordered the Uber from my seat.  Uber was waiting for me at the ride share and got to Park MGM with no traffic.  Worked perfectly.  I am one who will gladly lose a song to save 30 minutes.   

I saw two shows.  You must be a super fan to see the same show five times with a couple songs played on alternate nights.
    What did you do in those 30 minutes instead of seeing all of Beautiful Day at The Sphere...?!

(not hating, as I tend to get a jump to my car, but for that event I dunno...)
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    enddem said:
    Also booked at the Mediterranean. Now those dates just better hold... 
    What dates did you book for?  Just curious what everyone is hedging?
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • Kearn5y said:
    JojoRice said:
    just_one said:

Thanks for the information! I thought they only used AXS.

I'm trying to do London (Day 2)
    Philly 2 days
    Baltimore.

I have no idea how I am going to do this, but I guess I'll have to see what happens with the announcement on the 13th.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    We left Fenway early in 2018 right as RITFW started. In 50+ shows, I had never done that. But we walked out easy peasy and got to the bar and got a spot long before the rest of our crew showed up. 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Kearn5y said:
    JojoRice said:
    just_one said:

Thanks for the information! I thought they only used AXS.

I'm trying to do London (Day 2)
    Philly 2 days
    Baltimore.

I have no idea how I am going to do this, but I guess I'll have to see what happens with the announcement on the 13th.
    You are welcome. Hopefully you don't have to brace yourself for any disappointment should you not get your wishes. 

Im hoping for both London shows & Dublin. The o2 sometimes have their own presales on both sites. MCD will have a presale for Dublin. I just hope to have some form of tickets before the general sale for these shows.  
    Kearnsy
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    this thought just crossed my mind , i really hope they announce the double dates of london, berlin and barcelona straight away and not later
  • enddemenddem Posts: 67
    PhartN said:
    enddem said:
    Free cancellation, so reserved for both the 28th and the 30th (driving in from out of town, can only do one show)
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    enddem said:
    PhartN said:
    enddem said:
    Free cancellation, so reserved for both the 28th and the 30th (driving in from out of town, can only do one show)
    Thanks!  I am aiming for both shows.  Will be my first time in Seattle!  I have the Med Inn reserved Mon-Fri that week, as well as the Hampton Inn nearby.  Flying in from East Coast (i hope)!
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2
  • enddemenddem Posts: 67
    PhartN said:

Thanks!  I am aiming for both shows.  Will be my first time in Seattle!  I have the Med Inn reserved Mon-Fri that week, as well as the Hampton Inn nearby.  Flying in from East Coast (i hope)!

Fingers crossed for us both. Good luck and safe travels!
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    PhartN said:
    enddem said:
    PhartN said:
    enddem said:
    I've got nights booked elsewhere from the 28th-31st, arriving from Phoenix en route to Alaska.  As soon as dates are announced we'll finalize more, but this is part of my daughter and my annual summer road trip.
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 688
    We left Fenway early in 2018 right as RITFW started. In 50+ shows, I had never done that. But we walked out easy peasy and got to the bar and got a spot long before the rest of our crew showed up. 
    Did the exact same thing in Camden to catch the ferry in 2022.  I was torn but i had also seen RITFW like 10 times haha.  Didnt take away from an awesome show.  
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • RR258111RR258111 Posts: 59
    Any clue regarding LA venue ?

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,03) SP, Brazil (12,02,05), SP, Brazil (12,03,05) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,11),  SP, Brazil (11,04,11), SP, Brazil (03,31,13), SP, Brazil (11,14,15), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,16), Miami, FL (04,09,16), SP,Brazil(03,24,18)Chicago, IL(08,18,18), Chicago, IL(08,20,18), San Diego, CA (05,03,22), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/22), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/22) , Oakland, CA(05/12/22), Los Angeles,CA (05/21/24), Los Angeles,CA(05/22/24) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,322
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    I booked Blue Horizon at the beginning of December. Not the closest to the venue and not a 5 star, but the ratings were excellent. Nearly $1000 USD for 3 nights. I call that very expensive, but I'm a cheapskate. 
    Yah we used to use the Rosedale on Robson as it's more like a suite (even if the beds are old) and it was pretty reasonable, but it's now $1400 + tax CDN$ for the 3 nights.

I can get the Hyatt Regency through my work for about $1000 Canadian.   This might be the go to.  It's a bit further but still only a 20 minute walk I think.  That has to be closer than when we stayed at the Flamingo to walk to the Sphere last week.
    I always stay at LINQ for 5 sphere shows and that's a super easy walk! Nothing to it.. way better than those folks waiting for rideshare. 
    I never thought of LINQ when I booked it, but it's right beside Flamingo, so a similar walk. The most important part is both of them are close to In N' Out burger :)
    When he says "close," remember that distances on and near the Strip are very deceiving. So it's a short car ride, but a *very* long walk. It's over two miles away on the other side of the freeway.

I learned this lesson the hard way on one of my early trips to Vegas. We were staying at a hotel on the west side of the Strip and further south than the LINQ. My friends (who were first-timers in Vegas) wanted to go to In-N-Out, and I was like, "Oh, we can walk there. It's right on the other side of the 15." Forty-five minutes and 115 degrees later, we finally got there and my friends were ready to disown me.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,322
    edited February 8
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Left during first verse of Beautiful Day (last song).  Ordered the Uber from my seat.  Uber was waiting for me at the ride share and got to Park MGM with no traffic.  Worked perfectly.  I am one who will gladly lose a song to save 30 minutes.   

I saw two shows.  You must be a super fan to see the same show five times with a couple songs played on alternate nights.
    I would just wait until the end of the show, then walk ten minutes to Treasure Island on the other side of the Strip and get a cab from there, and be back at Park MGM five minutes later.

EDIT: Speaking of leaving early, I went out with a woman the other night and mentioned my Pearl Jam fandom. She said she had seen them once at Ohana, but then mentioned that she left early because she had an 8:30 p.m. dinner reservation. Unable to countenance such behavior, I thought, "Well, there goes her chance of a second date."
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    RR258111 said:
    Forum has been speculated 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Right now, I’m planning on the first Vegas, both Seattle, and every show after Wrigley. If they play somewhere other than the forum, I may add that as well and see if Torrey Pines has an opening.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    I need an excuse to go to LA and the Bowl would be a perfect one.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,465
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

I would just wait until the end of the show, then walk ten minutes to Treasure Island on the other side of the Strip and get a cab from there, and be back at Park MGM five minutes later.

EDIT: Speaking of leaving early, I went out with a woman the other night and mentioned my Pearl Jam fandom. She said she had seen them once at Ohana, but then mentioned that she left early because she had an 8:30 p.m. dinner reservation. Unable to countenance such behavior, I thought, "Well, there goes her chance of a second date."
    That's sacrilege
  • RR258111RR258111 Posts: 59
    RR258111 said:
    Forum has been speculated 
    Thanks  ;)

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,03) SP, Brazil (12,02,05), SP, Brazil (12,03,05) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,11),  SP, Brazil (11,04,11), SP, Brazil (03,31,13), SP, Brazil (11,14,15), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,16), Miami, FL (04,09,16), SP,Brazil(03,24,18)Chicago, IL(08,18,18), Chicago, IL(08,20,18), San Diego, CA (05,03,22), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/22), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/22) , Oakland, CA(05/12/22), Los Angeles,CA (05/21/24), Los Angeles,CA(05/22/24) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938

Haha, her exposure of a major character flaw saved you time/heartache later on :lol::lol:
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 688
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Not a keeper
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
This discussion has been closed.