Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,401
    edited February 7
    I would love it it it were the Pixies.  Mudhoney opened the last two times they played Vancouver (2013 and 2011, if i'm not counting Pemberton).   I haven't seen the pixies in about 20 years.   I think I like the Pixies a little more than I like Mudhoney :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    enddem said:
    Curious about the Pixies rumor. I had assumed Mudhoney would be a perfect opener for the west coast and Australia/NZ legs (especially the latter with Guy Maddison apparently moving back to Australia). Wouldn't be sad to see Hooveriii (who opened for Mudhoney on their tour last year) in support though.
    I would much rather Pixies over Mudhoney. I know that that the Pearl Jam band members hold Mudhoney in high regard but I don't understand the hype. Musical taste is obviously subjective but I'd say that the one time I saw them - as opener for the 2011 Montreal show - was probably the worst opening act I've seen across any concert I've ever been to. Maybe it was an off night but their set was cacophonous.
    same with me in Winnipeg 2011. wife and I walked out to the merch booth they were so terrible. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    Zod said:
    I would love it it it were the Pixies.  Mudhoney opened the last two times they played Vancouver (2013 and 2011, if i'm not counting Pemberton).   I haven't seen the pixies in about 20 years.   I think I like the Pixies a little more than I like Mudhoney :)
    For me it's not even a little, I love the Pixies, I could take or leave MH. 

There was a rumor a while back that MMJ might open for PJ in Europe... while I'm not holding my breath, that would be phenomenal as I'm only now starting to get into MMJ and would love to see them live. 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    Zod said:

There was a rumor a while back that MMJ might open for PJ in Europe... while I'm not holding my breath, that would be phenomenal as I'm only now starting to get into MMJ and would love to see them live. 
    They are playing in Hartford, CT on the 29th of June :
    https://www.thecapitolgroove.com/
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,504
    steven87 said:
    Question for you Canadians attending the Vancouver shows- what are your thoughts on Air Canada? I gave it a quick google and saw a lot of bad reviews. I’m considering doing the Vancouver shows (coming from NJ). I was originally thinking I would fly to Seattle, rent a car, and drive up the rest of the way. But I just saw another option is to take a short flight up to Montreal and then take an Air Canada flight from there directly to Vancouver. Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions you might have from your personal experience. Thanks!
    Air Canada is fine *most* of the time.  They’re by far the biggest airline we have and they’re normally pretty reliable.  The issue is that if you get unlucky, their customer service is hard to reach and borderline non-existent in terms of rebooking assistance.  But they are a large carrier and not a charter operation that only has let’s say one plane available at an airport.  

That being said, connecting from a US-Canada to a Canada-Canada flight requires clearing customs at the first Canadian airport and depending on the layout, may require exiting security and starting the process again for the connection as if you were just arriving at the airport from the street.  

I’d suggest connecting in Chicago or something so that your flight into Canada is actually into Vancouver and you’re not having to redo security etc.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,334
    steven87 said:
    Question for you Canadians attending the Vancouver shows- what are your thoughts on Air Canada? I gave it a quick google and saw a lot of bad reviews. I’m considering doing the Vancouver shows (coming from NJ). I was originally thinking I would fly to Seattle, rent a car, and drive up the rest of the way. But I just saw another option is to take a short flight up to Montreal and then take an Air Canada flight from there directly to Vancouver. Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions you might have from your personal experience. Thanks!
    Air Canada is fine *most* of the time.  They’re by far the biggest airline we have and they’re normally pretty reliable.  The issue is that if you get unlucky, their customer service is hard to reach and borderline non-existent in terms of rebooking assistance.  But they are a large carrier and not a charter operation that only has let’s say one plane available at an airport.  

That being said, connecting from a US-Canada to a Canada-Canada flight requires clearing customs at the first Canadian airport and depending on the layout, may require exiting security and starting the process again for the connection as if you were just arriving at the airport from the street.  

I’d suggest connecting in Chicago or something so that your flight into Canada is actually into Vancouver and you’re not having to redo security etc.  
    Thanks! Appreciate the advice!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,678
    steven87 said:
    You shouldn’t have any issues with AC. I’m flying direct return YYZ-YVR and prices have actually decreased slightly. WestJet is another option you could rely on. Our ULCC Flair also is available but personally I’d never fly with them.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    I dunno. I seem to have good luck.  I don't think our two major airlines (Air Canada or Westjet) are really that different from each other.   I haven't had problems (but I avoid travelling during peak times) with either one.   

I also often have the opposite choice.  Do I go with Air Canada or Westjet and do a layover in Vancouver or Calgary, or do I take Alaska Air and have a layover in Seattle.
  • Options
    Anyone spotting decent prices for hotels in Vancouver?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999
    enddem said:
    Curious about the Pixies rumor. I had assumed Mudhoney would be a perfect opener for the west coast and Australia/NZ legs (especially the latter with Guy Maddison apparently moving back to Australia). Wouldn't be sad to see Hooveriii (who opened for Mudhoney on their tour last year) in support though.
    I would much rather Pixies over Mudhoney. I know that that the Pearl Jam band members hold Mudhoney in high regard but I don't understand the hype. Musical taste is obviously subjective but I'd say that the one time I saw them - as opener for the 2011 Montreal show - was probably the worst opening act I've seen across any concert I've ever been to. Maybe it was an off night but their set was cacophonous.
    I was there in Montreal that night. Mudhoney was so loud it was almost painful. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    enddemenddem Posts: 52
    I can see that. i love Mudhoney--one of my favorite bands--but have only ever seen them in a club setting. Not so sure that translates to the arena/stadium. Just like I worry Rancid might fall kinda flat opening stadiums on this Green Day tour. 
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    Not a Canadian, but we have flown AC multiple times. We have flown direct from Newark to Vancouver twice and both times it was great. Is that not an option? 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    mrk2 said:
    Zod said:

They are playing in Hartford, CT on the 29th of June :
    https://www.thecapitolgroove.com/
    Nice... I could have seen them here in Boston last fall, but IIRC the timing didn't work for me; the Mrs., & I are tentatively planning Dublin and / or Manchester, so MMJ would be a treat. 
    JimmyV said:
    enddem said:
    I was there in Montreal that night. Mudhoney was so loud it was almost painful. 
    I missed Mudhoney that night (partly by design), but that PJ show was fire. 
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    steven87 said:
    steven87 said:

Thanks! Appreciate the advice!
    Depending on what you decide Porter is another option. Have flown a couple times and has been great all around.  https://www.flyporter.com/
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,894
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    I love that for months some people have been miserable as they wait for tour dates to be announced and now that we appear to be on the verge of the announcement the misery has shifted to it’s their last tour as a full band.  Cmon people… be happy!
    I remember when people were convinced that "Parting Ways" was about the band breaking up.  
    And then that "The End" was telegraphing the same.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    steven87 said:
    AC gets a lot of flack, and some of it for good reason, but it's still gotta be one of if not the best in NAM. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    Pixies currently have a break in their tour from the end of March until the end of May. US dates in June, and then some EU dates in late July through August. So, if they were to open for PJ, it would most likely be the West Coast portion. Maybe some of the September shows? Australia/New Zealand? I'd love to see them again; I'm iffy on their newer stuff, but the 2004 reunion shows were so much fun. I'm sure they're still fire live.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    Zod said:
    I booked Blue Horizon at the beginning of December. Not the closest to the venue and not a 5 star, but the ratings were excellent. Nearly $1000 USD for 3 nights. I call that very expensive, but I'm a cheapskate. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Mrsscuba81Mrsscuba81 Australia Posts: 1
    Any bets on when the dates and new album will drop? 
  • Options
    edited February 7
    Zod said:
    I booked Blue Horizon at the beginning of December. Not the closest to the venue and not a 5 star, but the ratings were excellent. Nearly $1000 USD for 3 nights. I call that very expensive, but I'm a cheapskate. 
    Yah we used to use the Rosedale on Robson as it's more like a suite (even if the beds are old) and it was pretty reasonable, but it's now $1400 + tax CDN$ for the 3 nights.

Sandman is about the same price.

I can get the Hyatt Regency through my work for about $1000 Canadian.   This might be the go to.  It's a bit further but still only a 20 minute walk I think.  That has to be closer than when we stayed at the Flamingo to walk to the Sphere last week.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630
    Any bets on when the dates and new album will drop? 
    Dates 2/13. Album release is a bit murky, but some think/guess April 5th based on a rumored connection to the eclipse on the 8th. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    R.E.M. they are not.  They have done exactly what they want and when they want for the last 20 years.  They won't let it get to a point where they never want to play together again like R.E.M.  They'll keep it going as long as their health is good and people keep packing arenas to see them. 

R.E.M. fans tick me off. They keep buying these album reissues.  Make them play shows to make money.  I want them to be miserable on stage together!
    those fuckers came to Winnipeg ONCE. in 2004 for Around The Sun. played a mid sized theatre. seats 2305 people. the demand was INSANE. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    Zod said:
    Pixies rumor is for Australia. They are headlining with Modest Mouse & Cat Power opening in NA again this summer. They are too big to open for PJ here.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Yah we used to use the Rosedale on Robson as it's more like a suite (even if the beds are old) and it was pretty reasonable, but it's now $1400 + tax CDN$ for the 3 nights.

I can get the Hyatt Regency through my work for about $1000 Canadian.   This might be the go to.  It's a bit further but still only a 20 minute walk I think.  That has to be closer than when we stayed at the Flamingo to walk to the Sphere last week.
    Booked the Holiday Inn Downtown in early January for $298/night for 4 nights. Think it’s a 5 minute Uber ride to the venue which works for me.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Booked the Holiday Inn Downtown in early January for $298/night for 4 nights. Think it’s a 5 minute Uber ride to the venue which works for me.
    January is the offseason.  May is the shoulder season.  Probably be more expensive. I ended up booking that Hyatt which I got for $284 plus tax a night (just over $1000 for 3 nights after tax).  Seemed like a pretty good deal. I try not to reply on Uber.  Might get you there, but it'll cost an arm and a leg to get back.

I have no problem walking 20 minutes, worried about my wife's knee :)  She got through U2 fine though, so that's good :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

January is the offseason.  May is the shoulder season.  Probably be more expensive. I ended up booking that Hyatt which I got for $284 plus tax a night (just over $1000 for 3 nights after tax).  Seemed like a pretty good deal. I try not to reply on Uber.  Might get you there, but it'll cost an arm and a leg to get back.

I have no problem walking 20 minutes, worried about my wife's knee :)  She got through U2 fine though, so that's good :)
    Sorry I meant I booked for the May shows in early January.

• Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630
    If anyone is looking for Seattle hotels, I would recommend The Mediterranean Inn -> super close to arena, roof top with view of the Sound, and easy bus routes to all over the city.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 530
    I got Sean Paul tickets today for $80 per ticket before fees.
    Now that’s the right temperature 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Sorry I meant I booked for the May shows in early January.
    oh, that's pretty good then.  good job. I'll now be said if the tour dates got slightly modified  :)
  • Options
    djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 225
    If anyone is looking for Seattle hotels, I would recommend The Mediterranean Inn -> super close to arena, roof top with view of the Sound, and easy bus routes to all over the city.
    That's where I booked! Not even sure I'll be able to make it to one of these shows, but jumped on that place as soon as I saw it just to be safe.
This discussion has been closed.