The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,622
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Anyone spotting decent prices for hotels in Vancouver?
    I booked Blue Horizon at the beginning of December. Not the closest to the venue and not a 5 star, but the ratings were excellent. Nearly $1000 USD for 3 nights. I call that very expensive, but I'm a cheapskate. 
    Yah we used to use the Rosedale on Robson as it's more like a suite (even if the beds are old) and it was pretty reasonable, but it's now $1400 + tax CDN$ for the 3 nights.

Sandman is about the same price.

I can get the Hyatt Regency through my work for about $1000 Canadian.   This might be the go to.  It's a bit further but still only a 20 minute walk I think.  That has to be closer than when we stayed at the Flamingo to walk to the Sphere last week.
    I always stay at LINQ for 5 sphere shows and that's a super easy walk! Nothing to it.. way better than those folks waiting for rideshare. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    If anyone is looking for Seattle hotels, I would recommend The Mediterranean Inn -> super close to arena, roof top with view of the Sound, and easy bus routes to all over the city.
    That's where I booked! Not even sure I'll be able to make it to one of these shows, but jumped on that place as soon as I saw it just to be safe.
    That’s where I booked too. Looked to be the best price for how close it is to the venue. 
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    PJNB said:
    If anyone is looking for Seattle hotels, I would recommend The Mediterranean Inn -> super close to arena, roof top with view of the Sound, and easy bus routes to all over the city.
    That's where I booked! Not even sure I'll be able to make it to one of these shows, but jumped on that place as soon as I saw it just to be safe.
    That’s where I booked too. Looked to be the best price for how close it is to the venue. 
    Me too. I just hope those dates hold.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    I booked Blue Horizon at the beginning of December. Not the closest to the venue and not a 5 star, but the ratings were excellent. Nearly $1000 USD for 3 nights. I call that very expensive, but I'm a cheapskate. 
    Yah we used to use the Rosedale on Robson as it's more like a suite (even if the beds are old) and it was pretty reasonable, but it's now $1400 + tax CDN$ for the 3 nights.

I can get the Hyatt Regency through my work for about $1000 Canadian.   This might be the go to.  It's a bit further but still only a 20 minute walk I think.  That has to be closer than when we stayed at the Flamingo to walk to the Sphere last week.
    I always stay at LINQ for 5 sphere shows and that's a super easy walk! Nothing to it.. way better than those folks waiting for rideshare. 
    At Horseshoe tonight, looks like the walk isn't bad from here. Room was $15 (plus resort fees). Nicer than I expected 
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

At Horseshoe tonight, looks like the walk isn't bad from here. Room was $15 (plus resort fees). Nicer than I expected 
    Ahhh.. the old Ballys.. only diff is its colder than last week. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    DM282158 said:
    I got Sean Paul tickets today for $80 per ticket before fees.
    Now that’s the right temperature 
    Well played. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

I never thought of LINQ when I booked it, but it's right beside Flamingo, so a similar walk. The most important part is both of them are close to In N' Out burger :)
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    edited February 8
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Left during first verse of Beautiful Day (last song).  Ordered the Uber from my seat.  Uber was waiting for me at the ride share and got to Park MGM with no traffic.  Worked perfectly.  I am one who will gladly lose a song to save 30 minutes.   

I saw two shows.  You must be a super fan to see the same show five times with a couple songs played on alternate nights.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edited February 8
    lol, I never leave a concert early, but usually because I have to travel to shows (due to living on an Island), it just means walking back to the hotel.

I think around 2001 we saw AC/DC in Vancouver and we left just before the last long, as we also had tickets to see Jerry Cantrell do a bar show downtown.   I felt so bad looking as the bewildering faces at the pacific coliseum why we would leave 7th row floor tickets early, but stepping into Richards on Richards and hearing Jerry Cantrell's' band (which included William Duval and Robert Trujillo) belting out Man in a Box was priceless.   We missed more of Jerry's set than AC/DC's set but we got to do both.  Then I pulled an all nighter, got the first ferry back, and wrote a final exam the next day.

The next time and only other time I saw AC/DC was about 10 years later in Edmonton.  A Thunder/Lightning storm blew over, so it pissed obscene amounts of rain the whole time.  There was thunder, and there was lightning in all directions.   Both the band and the audience took it as a challenge and rocked hard.   Top 5 show I think.  I also figured it was punishment for leaving AC/DC early at the previous show :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    R.E.M. they are not.  They have done exactly what they want and when they want for the last 20 years.  They won't let it get to a point where they never want to play together again like R.E.M.  They'll keep it going as long as their health is good and people keep packing arenas to see them. 

R.E.M. fans tick me off. They keep buying these album reissues.  Make them play shows to make money.  I want them to be miserable on stage together!
    those fuckers came to Winnipeg ONCE. in 2004 for Around The Sun. played a mid sized theatre. seats 2305 people. the demand was INSANE. 

Matthew Good came to NY once (that I can recall) so you’ve got it not so bad. He covered thunderstruck, it was pretty pretty good.
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Left during first verse of Beautiful Day (last song).  Ordered the Uber from my seat.  Uber was waiting for me at the ride share and got to Park MGM with no traffic.  Worked perfectly.  I am one who will gladly lose a song to save 30 minutes.   

I saw two shows.  You must be a super fan to see the same show five times with a couple songs played on alternate nights.
    I got 3 new songs I hadn't heard on Jan 31st.. plus I was there at the show the night Lady Gaga was singing. 
    First time I went to Australia in 2010 was for U2 360 tour... not really a Super fan anymore.. last 2 albums were meh. But they sure know how to do visually amazing shows.. thanks to Willie.  Plus Vegas really cheap for me...LiNQ suites mid week...SW flights with sales/ miles.  I never went on a weekend. And same for PJ... no weekend. I really like the pizza at that window at Flour and v Barley.. slices are great and open after walking back from show..15 min walk. 
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Haven't been back here in a bit. Speculative announcement date is the 13th now?
  • Haven't been back here in a bit. Speculative announcement date is the 13th now?
    Yeah been the Feb 13th for a good bit now
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • mikeyb107mikeyb107 Posts: 23
    Super Bowl Sunday, AC/DC announcement Monday, Pearl Jam announcement Tuesday, can it get any better ? Mahomes MVP, LETS GO CHIEFS
    mikeyb107 said:
    Super Bowl Sunday, AC/DC announcement Monday, Pearl Jam announcement Tuesday, can it get any better ? Mahomes MVP, LETS GO CHIEFS
    No.... no more Chefs
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884

Hope this wasn’t a PJ fan… 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023

Lol... my friend who lives there just sent that to me. This guy got busted climbing Aria in 2021 protesting Covid policies... 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Im booked there as well! Looks like a PJ takeover brewing. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • camhendycamhendy Posts: 164
    Make it another. Now to make sure we're there for 3 days and not one
    2013: London
    2016: Ottawa
    2018: Wrigley 1 & 2
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Innings Fest (EV), Ft Worth 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Seattle 1 & 2

• enddemenddem Posts: 67
    Also booked at the Mediterranean. Now those dates just better hold... 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    Manu117 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Face value for Creed GA/Pit tickets are $225 each plus fees. 
    I think they were higher (get it?) at MSG - like $325
    325 would be a huge sacrifice 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    JojoRice said:
    Selfishly, I really hope the original Seattle dates don't end up changing.  May 28th & 30th work out perfect for me.  
    The only dates I need to stay true 🤞
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 650
    JojoRice said:
    Im booked there as well! Looks like a PJ takeover brewing. 
    Glad so many found it already! I live across the street from it, and I'm a fan of the neighborhood. Its got everything you need in walking distance - grocery, pharmacy, restaurants, bars, record store, pot store ect. One more plug, go to Zingaro Cafe for coffee. It's owned by nice guy/family. Avoid the Starbucks connected to the hotel, which I know can be tough for the ease of access.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    Spunkie said:
    Spunkie said:
    PhartN said:
    Spunkie said: some stuff
    RatherStarved said: some stuff

This is how the Noblesville thread got closed down.  Lets all be nice please. You've both said your piece.  Yall wont agree, let it lie.  We need to see page 300!!!
    No problem 😊 
    @Spunkie Sorry for your loss.  In respect for the other comment that was made by the person not wanting this debate to continue on the thread, I’ll simply agree to disagree on here and we can talk about it separately or not.    
    Ok. I think it's fine to talk here. This thread is about the tour. The tour is coming to Vancouver, BC. And I provided information, repeatedly, that as of May 1st our laws are changing for short-term rentals. I would ask and hope that visitors respect these laws (which is likely a condition of entry into my country)  because they are being implemented for good reasons. That's about it.

Changing my request to: please travel LEGALLY when seeking Vancouver, BC accommodations, rather than "ethically" (since a lack thereof has brought us to this point in the crisis).

Finally to the poster who thinks we're fighting: dont worry, we were just having a conversation. We're friends. We've even considered maybe catching the show together 🎶 
    Confirmed with host the stay remains legal under the secondary suite to their residence exception. It was never not ethical and I doubt the border patrol will be focused on this issue.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    edited February 8
    steven87 said:
    Question for you Canadians attending the Vancouver shows- what are your thoughts on Air Canada? I gave it a quick google and saw a lot of bad reviews. I’m considering doing the Vancouver shows (coming from NJ). I was originally thinking I would fly to Seattle, rent a car, and drive up the rest of the way. But I just saw another option is to take a short flight up to Montreal and then take an Air Canada flight from there directly to Vancouver. Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions you might have from your personal experience. Thanks!
    I use Air Canada alot. If you are from NJ, there is a direct flight from Newark. Would be a best decision to take it. Disregard any negative comments. At least it's a major airline that will back up any issue you may have
    Post edited by chitty on
  • halvhalv Posts: 699
    steven87 said:
    Question for you Canadians attending the Vancouver shows- what are your thoughts on Air Canada? I gave it a quick google and saw a lot of bad reviews. I’m considering doing the Vancouver shows (coming from NJ). I was originally thinking I would fly to Seattle, rent a car, and drive up the rest of the way. But I just saw another option is to take a short flight up to Montreal and then take an Air Canada flight from there directly to Vancouver. Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions you might have from your personal experience. Thanks!
    Air Canada is fine. I've flown with them dozens of times and have never had an issue. News stories lately about them being bad for being on time so maybe I've been lucky. But all in all no better or worse than any other North American airline in my opinion. 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    Spunkie said:
    Spunkie said:
    PhartN said:
    Spunkie said: some stuff
    RatherStarved said: some stuff

This is how the Noblesville thread got closed down.  Lets all be nice please. You've both said your piece.  Yall wont agree, let it lie.  We need to see page 300!!!
    No problem 😊 
    @Spunkie Sorry for your loss.  In respect for the other comment that was made by the person not wanting this debate to continue on the thread, I’ll simply agree to disagree on here and we can talk about it separately or not.    
    Ok. I think it's fine to talk here. This thread is about the tour. The tour is coming to Vancouver, BC. And I provided information, repeatedly, that as of May 1st our laws are changing for short-term rentals. I would ask and hope that visitors respect these laws (which is likely a condition of entry into my country)  because they are being implemented for good reasons. That's about it.

Changing my request to: please travel LEGALLY when seeking Vancouver, BC accommodations, rather than "ethically" (since a lack thereof has brought us to this point in the crisis).

Finally to the poster who thinks we're fighting: dont worry, we were just having a conversation. We're friends. We've even considered maybe catching the show together 🎶 
    Confirmed with host the stay remains legal under the secondary suite to their residence exception. It was never not ethical and I doubt the border patrol will be focused on this issue.  
    Check and a 😃 chuckle.
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 663
    Would someone consider steering me to the part of the thread with the latest date rumors. Thank you in advance! I've been squandering too much time in Lost Dogs apparently!!
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,301

It was Eddie. Had to bust out of the studio and get in stage shape.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    DJ253147 said:
    Would someone consider steering me to the part of the thread with the latest date rumors. Thank you in advance! I've been squandering too much time in Lost Dogs apparently!!
    first page
This discussion has been closed.