Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 184
    Vegas just opened a Whataburger between Park MGM and Aria. 

Raising canes on the strip near the coke store as well. 

Didn’t fat burger on the strip close?
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    @SHZA
    That's my spot for last 3 shows I saw

Nice! I might give that a shot 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,276
    SHZA said:
    About 20-25 min walk from treasure island too! The Sphere is worth any walk. So is In-N-Out
    In-N-Out never really did anything for me. I prefer Fatburger.
    Fatburger not far from MGM Grand. Will be good spot post PJ. 

I made that same mistake years ago walking to that other In N Out on 15 from the strip. A long walk! 

Horseshoe to the Sphere was pretty walkable. I walked over to get outside merch around 4, no line. After the show I took a pretty circuitous route around the Venetian down the strip, but didn't mind the walk. Cutting thru the ride share garage to get to Koval would have been quicker. The pedestrian bridge exit to Venetian looked like a nightmare. 

Show was spectacular. Also had one of my all time best last minute ticket grabs. I sold my GA earlier in the week because I decided I wanted to do seats and had seen for prior shows a bunch of incredible standard tickets pop up around 8 pm or so. My goal was to get first row of the middle 200 section (206 row 7). Earlier in the afternoon I passed on 207 - 8 and 206 - 9. By 8 o'clock there were no standard tickets left so I was close to throwing in the towel and going the stubhub route. Decided to keep trying until I got to the venue. At 8:10 pm, F5ing on the elevator on the way out of the hotel, 206 row 7 pops up! Tried to checkout with Apple pay and got "these tickets are no longer available." Tried again with the card and it went through! Saw a bunch of celebs in the boxes right below (Chris Rock, Sandler, Spade, Jason Kelce, Roger Goodell). Have GA for Saturday but it was really packed last night. Might check out the Black Crowes instead 

Nice. Hope you're having a good trip.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    @SHZA
    Is cool on the floor esp since you already know when to look up (The Fly) 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,276
    blairs1 said:

Don't sleep on the sweet and spicy bacon burger at Whataburger. That's some good shit.

I haven't been to Vegas in quite awhile. But I believe the Fatburger by the MGM Grand that I used to frequent closed down. However, it looks like there's one by Excalibur and one by Venetian.
  • Options
    ChrrieChrrie Posts: 98
    U2 had an interesting fan run GA situation with a list starting 2-3 days before the show and they have you check in with them twice a day. I assume that’s what PJ put an end to a few years back. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Chrrie said:
    U2 had an interesting fan run GA situation with a list starting 2-3 days before the show and they have you check in with them twice a day. I assume that’s what PJ put an end to a few years back. 
    Sounds awful. 
  • Options
    ChrrieChrrie Posts: 98
    PJNB said:
    Chrrie said:
    Sounds awful. 
    You lose the camaraderie which is one of the best parts of even doing it. I put my name on the list the night before when I got to Vegas and was low 100s. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Chrrie said:
    Sounds awful. 
    It was ridiculous and unnecessary.... screw the rail.. the show was much better from further back
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    Chrrie said:
    People need their head examined
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,091
    Man... you don't check here for about a day and miss more than 100 comments!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,669
    Chrrie said:
    This was 20 years ago but I remember their fans wearing homemade “line police” lanyards monitoring the GA lines and letting all their pals cut in a prior to doors. Reminded me of the Sloan lyric: “…it’s not the band I hate/it’s their fans…”
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,863
    blairs1 said:

Don't sleep on the sweet and spicy bacon burger at Whataburger. That's some good shit.

I haven't been to Vegas in quite awhile. But I believe the Fatburger by the MGM Grand that I used to frequent closed down. However, it looks like there's one by Excalibur and one by Venetian.
    There's one inside Excalibur in the food court, but it is not up to the normal Fatburger standards.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 342
    blairs1 said:

Never sleep on Whataburger-always a good time.
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 184
    JE224127 said:
    blairs1 said:

Never sleep on Whataburger-always a good time.
    I had a layover in Houston. Hour on the ground. Rushed to another terminal to get whataburger before getting back just in time to board the flight. The crew knew where I was going and were happy to see I got my fix. 

Miss HEB shipping cuz I got whataburger stuff shipped to my Michigan address. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Chrrie said:

I mean I did the same thing at U2 that I do at PJ shows. I show up around doors and still get a pretty decent spot.  If it's a stadium maybe an hour or two before doors.  The U2 things a bit civil in that you don't have to line up all day, but it also seems to have a socio economic twist to it, that it benefits people who have the time/money to be in vegas a few days before the show.

The worst one I remember for U2 was the elevation tour I think it was.  Fans ran a lineup and numbered people but you had to stay in line.  Which was fine.  The further back in time you go the less crazy things people did.   We showed up around 3 or 4 and were #2 hundred and something.  The lineup got so long after us it wrapped back in a U shape, so the end of the line was right beside the front of the line.   When they open doors people just went over the small railing and we never did get into the pit section.

The tour after (Vertigo tour?), they scanned your ticket at the door, and random people got to go in the pit section.  Not sure if it was because my tickets was from the u2 fan club but we got in.  I thought that was a really good way to do it.  Your ticket wins, here a wristband for you and your guess, you didn't have to mess around with lineups, have a nice day :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Chrrie said:

I mean I did the same thing at U2 that I do at PJ shows. I show up around doors and still get a pretty decent spot.  If it's a stadium maybe an hour or two before doors.  The U2 things a bit civil in that you don't have to line up all day, but it also seems to have a socio economic twist to it, that it benefits people who have the time/money to be in vegas a few days before the show.

The worst one I remember for U2 was the elevation tour I think it was.  Fans ran a lineup and numbered people but you had to stay in line.  Which was fine.  The further back in time you go the less crazy things people did.   We showed up around 3 or 4 and were #2 hundred and something.  The lineup got so long after us it wrapped back in a U shape, so the end of the line was right beside the front of the line.   When they open doors people just went over the small railing and we never did get into the pit section.

The tour after (Vertigo tour?), they scanned your ticket at the door, and random people got to go in the pit section.  Not sure if it was because my tickets was from the u2 fan club but we got in.  I thought that was a really good way to do it.  Your ticket wins, here a wristband for you and your guess, you didn't have to mess around with lineups, have a nice day :)
    No
    .. the ticket scanned at door to get into the "heart" was Elevation.. Vertigo was the headphone shaped stage and was tour after
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    BF25394 said:
    blairs1 said:

There's one inside Excalibur in the food court, but it is not up to the normal Fatburger standards.
    Well... Excalibur is not up to normal hotel standards.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Chrrie said:

No
    .. the ticket scanned at door to get into the "heart" was Elevation.. Vertigo was the headphone shaped stage and was tour after
    Zod is correct. It was Vertigo tour that you got your ticket scanned and randomly were selected to go into the ellipse. There were also people back at the soundboard (we called them the men in black) who had ellipse wristbands to pass out. Got into the ellipse that way a couple times. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    edited February 9
    Zod said:
    Chrrie said:

No
    Zod is correct. It was Vertigo tour that you got your ticket scanned and randomly were selected to go into the ellipse. There were also people back at the soundboard (we called them the men in black) who had ellipse wristbands to pass out. Got into the ellipse that way 

They did it both tours 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Chrrie said:

No
    Zod is correct. It was Vertigo tour that you got your ticket scanned and randomly were selected to go into the ellipse. There were also people back at the soundboard (we called them the men in black) who had ellipse wristbands to pass out. Got into the ellipse that way 

They did it both tours 
    You've edited your comment, so I'm unable to respond to what you originally wrote. But it was Vertigo tour with the Ellipse and the scanners.

https://www.u2gigs.com/article70.html
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,669
    It’s not a PJ tour thread without food recommendations. Keep ‘em coming.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Given to fry (fried food)
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    100 Pacer said:
    It’s not a PJ tour thread without food recommendations. Keep ‘em coming.
    I live in the Midwest and I think Culver's is very overrated. Just my opinion... but I know people love them. One fast food restaurant that I do love and am lucky to have quite a few locations around me is Portillo's. Makes me think of Chicago and my current favorite series on television at the moment every time I eat there. 
    The Bear Is the Great Chicago TV Show  GQ
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    EvenPho 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Culver’s > in and out. A hill I’ll die on. 
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    edited February 9
    If PJ ever gets back to Nashville, get over to the Broadway Brew Pub and get the Cajun Burrito.

If Atlanta, do not miss out on Sweet Auburn BBQ. Not a typical southern BBQ joint.   A. They have my favorite Old Fashioned "Dont Burn The House Down" and their food is a blend of Korean and Southern flavors. SO EFFIN GOOD.

Austin, go to the Zilker Brewery. There's a food stand in their lot that makes the best Thai Fried Chicken Sandwich on the planet. I think it was called Spicy Bois

If they play Baltimore this year, go find an all you can eat crab house, and just go crazy. Or go a bit outside the city to Jerry's and get the Crab Bomb. Softball sized crab cake with zero filler. 

Dublin? Go north to Gravediggers aka John Kavanaugh's.  Get Ciaran's amazing Coddle and the best pour of Guinness in the world.

Amsterdam, make your way over to Noord to IJ-Kantine. Great restaurant on the water.

We're going to Munich for vacation this summer. So if anyone has some recommendations, they'd be appreciated!
    Post edited by jamofpearls on
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Culver’s > in and out. A hill I’ll die on. 
    You know what's kind of sad... my family loves Culver's and 9 out of 10 times when we go there, I get a salad. They get burgers and whatever else. I get a salad. 
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    There's a culvers five minutes from my house and I've never eaten there. The pic of butter on the burger grossed me out.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    Someone is gonna log on at 6:00, see 125 new messages, get excited, then get treated to 5 pages of monologues about regional chain restaurants 
This discussion has been closed.