Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    for the more experienced , the 2nd nights (London, Berlim and Barcelona specifically) will have 10c tickets and will be announced atthe same time as the first dates?
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,179
    just_one said:
    for the more experienced , the 2nd nights (London, Berlim and Barcelona specifically) will have 10c tickets and will be announced atthe same time as the first dates?
    Almost certainly 
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    just_one said:
    Given the much reduced number of cities they are visiting when they tour, I would be very surprised if all nights were not announced at the same time. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 358
    edited February 8
    just_one said:
    Last tour, the 2020 in 2022, for Amsterdam only was announced 1 show and 10C lottery for only 1 show. The day of public sale after a few minutes it started a 2nd date opened and a 10C lottery for that never happened.

So if only 1 show is announced at first there will be only a lottery for that day not the other.
    Post edited by Jamer196 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    ilockyer said:
    just_one said:
    Given the much reduced number of cities they are visiting when they tour, I would be very surprised if all nights were not announced at the same time. 
    Same. It's not if night 1 sells out they will announce night 2. It's two nights with a planned day off in between for merch sales. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,574
    Monitoring tour rumors and new music while refreshing tweets on the NBA trade deadline is melting my phone.  🤪 Let’s go Knicks and Pearl Jam!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 94
    Never applied for Berlin tickets for the Waldbuhne.  Is it hard to win GA in the lotto?  Should I be putting the two dates as top priority?
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,514
    edited February 8
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Anyone spotting decent prices for hotels in Vancouver?
    I booked Blue Horizon at the beginning of December. Not the closest to the venue and not a 5 star, but the ratings were excellent. Nearly $1000 USD for 3 nights. I call that very expensive, but I'm a cheapskate. 
    Yah we used to use the Rosedale on Robson as it's more like a suite (even if the beds are old) and it was pretty reasonable, but it's now $1400 + tax CDN$ for the 3 nights.

Sandman is about the same price.

I can get the Hyatt Regency through my work for about $1000 Canadian.   This might be the go to.  It's a bit further but still only a 20 minute walk I think.  That has to be closer than when we stayed at the Flamingo to walk to the Sphere last week.
    I always stay at LINQ for 5 sphere shows and that's a super easy walk! Nothing to it.. way better than those folks waiting for rideshare. 
    I never thought of LINQ when I booked it, but it's right beside Flamingo, so a similar walk. The most important part is both of them are close to In N' Out burger :)
    When he says "close," remember that distances on and near the Strip are very deceiving. So it's a short8 car ride, but a *very* long walk. It's over two miles away on the other side of the freeway.

I learned this lesson the hard way on one of my early trips to Vegas. We were staying at a hotel on the west side of the Strip and further south than the LINQ. My friends (who were first-timers in Vegas) wanted to go to In-N-Out, and I was like, "Oh, we can walk there. It's right on the other side of the 15." Forty-five minutes and 115 degrees later, we finally got there and my friends were ready to disown me.
    The Horseshoe is next to Cromwell.. which is next to Flamingo.. what are you talking about other side of 15?
    20-22 min walk from Horseshoe vs less than 15 from Linq
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,179
    edited February 8
    KidAOK said:
    Never applied for Berlin tickets for the Waldbuhne.  Is it hard to win GA in the lotto?  Should I be putting the two dates as top priority?
    All tickets are “GA”. You need to get there early and you get a wristband. When the standing and lower seating area is full everyone else has to go to the upper seating. 

Last time I think the ticket odds were 99% / guaranteed 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,890
    edited February 8
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    I booked Blue Horizon at the beginning of December. Not the closest to the venue and not a 5 star, but the ratings were excellent. Nearly $1000 USD for 3 nights. I call that very expensive, but I'm a cheapskate. 
    Yah we used to use the Rosedale on Robson as it's more like a suite (even if the beds are old) and it was pretty reasonable, but it's now $1400 + tax CDN$ for the 3 nights.

I can get the Hyatt Regency through my work for about $1000 Canadian.   This might be the go to.  It's a bit further but still only a 20 minute walk I think.  That has to be closer than when we stayed at the Flamingo to walk to the Sphere last week.
    I always stay at LINQ for 5 sphere shows and that's a super easy walk! Nothing to it.. way better than those folks waiting for rideshare. 
    I never thought of LINQ when I booked it, but it's right beside Flamingo, so a similar walk. The most important part is both of them are close to In N' Out burger :)
    When he says "close," remember that distances on and near the Strip are very deceiving. So it's a short8 car ride, but a *very* long walk. It's over two miles away on the other side of the freeway.

I learned this lesson the hard way on one of my early trips to Vegas. We were staying at a hotel on the west side of the Strip and further south than the LINQ. My friends (who were first-timers in Vegas) wanted to go to In-N-Out, and I was like, "Oh, we can walk there. It's right on the other side of the 15." Forty-five minutes and 115 degrees later, we finally got there and my friends were ready to disown me.
    The Horseshoe is next to Cromwell.. which is next to Flamingo.. what are you talking about other side of 15?
    The In-N-Out is across the 15 on Tropicana Boulevard. If you tried to walk there from the LINQ, it would be a very long walk. All of the hotels you mention are on the east side of Las Vegas Boulevard. The In-N-Out is across the Strip and across the 15 (i.e., it is west of the 15; the Strip is east of the 15) and about a mile south.

EDIT: My bad. Apparently, there's an In-N-Out at the LINQ now? That must be what you're talking about. I didn't know that was there.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    edited February 8
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

The In-N-Out is across the 15 on Tropicana Boulevard. If you tried to walk there from the LINQ, it would be a very long walk. All of the hotels you mention are on the east side of Las Vegas Boulevard. The In-N-Out is across the Strip and across the 15 (i.e., it is west of the 15; the Strip is east of the 15) and about a mile south.
    No... there's an InNOut at the LINQ Promenade...that's what they were talking about 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,890
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

No... there's an InNOut at the LINQ Promenade...that's what they were talking about 
    Yeah, realized that as you were posting this and edited my post above. My mistake.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 94
    drfox said:
    KidAOK said:
    All tickets are “GA”. You need to get there early and you get a wristband. When the standing and lower seating area is full everyone else has to go to the upper seating. 

Ah shit I thought GA would be pit only and then a seating option.  Get there early it is then.
  • Options
    WillistonWilliston Minnesota Posts: 36
    edited February 8
    100 Pacer said:
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Booked the Holiday Inn Downtown in early January for $298/night for 4 nights. Think it’s a 5 minute Uber ride to the venue which works for me.
    January is the offseason.  May is the shoulder season.  Probably be more expensive. I ended up booking that Hyatt which I got for $284 plus tax a night (just over $1000 for 3 nights after tax).  Seemed like a pretty good deal. I try not to reply on Uber.  Might get you there, but it'll cost an arm and a leg to get back.

I have no problem walking 20 minutes, worried about my wife's knee :)  She got through U2 fine though, so that's good :)
    Sorry I meant I booked for the May shows in early January.
    Stayed at Paris for my 2 Sphere shows last October. Sure it was a 25 minute walk but i saved a fortune by not using Uber or Lyft and didn’t have to wait 2 hours for a ride.
    Post edited by Williston on
  • Options
    About 20-25 min walk from treasure island too! The Sphere is worth any walk. So is In-N-Out
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 295
    KidAOK said:
    drfox said:
    KidAOK said:

Ah shit I thought GA would be pit only and then a seating option.  Get there early it is then.
    You'll have to wait and see what will be offered. The described "All GA" approach / odds was how it was handled at all previous shows there (and also thise before at Wuhlheide) but there have been/are many concerts from other artists recently at Waldbühne, that distinguish between GA and Seating. Might change this year for PJ too ... only the announcement of ticket types at the lottery will tell...
  • Options
    Wolfgang2178Wolfgang2178 CA, USA Posts: 9
    About 20-25 min walk from treasure island too! The Sphere is worth any walk. So is In-N-Out
    If you are good at saying no to timeshare offers after the presentation, the Holiday Inn Vacations Club is where it's at!
  • Options
    DM302403DM302403 Posts: 10
    I really hope the Chicago shows are true.
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,282
    In-N-Out never really did anything for me. I prefer Fatburger.
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    Culvers. hands down better than in-n-out. always said they should have one on the strip
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    RK50065 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Left during first verse of Beautiful Day (last song).  Ordered the Uber from my seat.  Uber was waiting for me at the ride share and got to Park MGM with no traffic.  Worked perfectly.  I am one who will gladly lose a song to save 30 minutes.   

I saw two shows.  You must be a super fan to see the same show five times with a couple songs played on alternate nights.
    What did you do in those 30 minutes instead of seeing all of Beautiful Day at The Sphere...?!

(not hating, as I tend to get a jump to my car, but for that event I dunno...)
    Gambled.  Had an early flight so couldn’t stay out too late. Won $250 in that 30 minutes.  Almost paid for my U2 ticket.
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

if you're waiting for a rideshare after a show in Vegas.....you don't know how to do Vegas.
  • Options
    If you are good at saying no to timeshare offers after the presentation, the Holiday Inn Vacations Club is where it's at!
    I second this completely for that vacation club. Great place to stay, decent rates, and you're right by the Sphere. Tell them you're there on business and you may be able to skip the timeshare presentation altogether.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,497
    RK50065 said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

Left during first verse of Beautiful Day (last song).  Ordered the Uber from my seat.  Uber was waiting for me at the ride share and got to Park MGM with no traffic.  Worked perfectly.  I am one who will gladly lose a song to save 30 minutes.   

I saw two shows.  You must be a super fan to see the same show five times with a couple songs played on alternate nights.
    What did you do in those 30 minutes instead of seeing all of Beautiful Day at The Sphere...?!

(not hating, as I tend to get a jump to my car, but for that event I dunno...)
    Gambled.  Had an early flight so couldn’t stay out too late. Won $250 in that 30 minutes.  Almost paid for my U2 ticket.
    Now that’s a beautiful day! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    DM302403 said:
    I really hope the Chicago shows are true.
    They seemed to be from a few sources 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,523
    Fatburger not far from MGM Grand. Will be good spot post PJ. 

I made that same mistake years ago walking to that other In N Out on 15 from the strip. A long walk! 

Horseshoe to the Sphere was pretty walkable. I walked over to get outside merch around 4, no line. After the show I took a pretty circuitous route around the Venetian down the strip, but didn't mind the walk. Cutting thru the ride share garage to get to Koval would have been quicker. The pedestrian bridge exit to Venetian looked like a nightmare. 

Show was spectacular. Also had one of my all time best last minute ticket grabs. I sold my GA earlier in the week because I decided I wanted to do seats and had seen for prior shows a bunch of incredible standard tickets pop up around 8 pm or so. My goal was to get first row of the middle 200 section (206 row 7). Earlier in the afternoon I passed on 207 - 8 and 206 - 9. By 8 o'clock there were no standard tickets left so I was close to throwing in the towel and going the stubhub route. Decided to keep trying until I got to the venue. At 8:10 pm, F5ing on the elevator on the way out of the hotel, 206 row 7 pops up! Tried to checkout with Apple pay and got "these tickets are no longer available." Tried again with the card and it went through! Saw a bunch of celebs in the boxes right below (Chris Rock, Sandler, Spade, Jason Kelce, Roger Goodell). Have GA for Saturday but it was really packed last night. Might check out the Black Crowes instead 

• Options
    wiscojam said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

if you're waiting for a rideshare after a show in Vegas.....you don't know how to do Vegas.
    Amen....
  • Options
    edited February 8
    SHZA said:
    Fatburger not far from MGM Grand. Will be good spot post PJ. 

I made that same mistake years ago walking to that other In N Out on 15 from the strip. A long walk! 

Horseshoe to the Sphere was pretty walkable. I walked over to get outside merch around 4, no line. After the show I took a pretty circuitous route around the Venetian down the strip, but didn't mind the walk. Cutting thru the ride share garage to get to Koval would have been quicker. The pedestrian bridge exit to Venetian looked like a nightmare. 

Show was spectacular. Also had one of my all time best last minute ticket grabs. I sold my GA earlier in the week because I decided I wanted to do seats and had seen for prior shows a bunch of incredible standard tickets pop up around 8 pm or so. My goal was to get first row of the middle 200 section (206 row 7). Earlier in the afternoon I passed on 207 - 8 and 206 - 9. By 8 o'clock there were no standard tickets left so I was close to throwing in the towel and going the stubhub route. Decided to keep trying until I got to the venue. At 8:10 pm, F5ing on the elevator on the way out of the hotel, 206 row 7 pops up! Tried to checkout with Apple pay and got "these tickets are no longer available." Tried again with the card and it went through! Saw a bunch of celebs in the boxes right below (Chris Rock, Sandler, Spade, Jason Kelce, Roger Goodell). Have GA for Saturday but it was really packed last night. Might check out the Black Crowes instead 

Seats great for first timers... I'm GA now that I've done both. I stand on Adam's side kinda near the top rail almost exactly across from where Adam stands.. but far enough back to move and breathe. Can't do the crush of GA where you can't move anymore . My L leg goes numb. It's an amazing event... and yes.. the Venetian bridge leaving is a nightmare. Had to do it after one show to meet peeps staying there. 
    Koval all the way is best. But I can only imagine Fri abd Sat shows extra crowded with people who are or think they are VIP in town for game. 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    @SHZA
    That's my spot for last 3 shows I saw

• Options
    enddemenddem Posts: 52
    wiscojam said:
    Culvers. hands down better than in-n-out. always said they should have one on the strip
    In-N-Out is a decent enough consolation for those of us who no longer live in Wisconsin 
This discussion has been closed.