Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    Someone is gonna log on at 6:00, see 125 new messages, get excited, then get treated to 5 pages of monologues about regional chain restaurants 
    I literally just logged and thought I missed something and then realized it was all about food recommendations lmao 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    It’s not a PJ tour thread without food recommendations. Keep ‘em coming.
    I live in the Midwest and I think Culver's is very overrated. Just my opinion... but I know people love them. One fast food restaurant that I do love and am lucky to have quite a few locations around me is Portillo's. Makes me think of Chicago and my current favorite series on television at the moment every time I eat there. 
    The Bear Is the Great Chicago TV Show  GQ
    PJ friendly show
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,441
    https://www.columbian.com/news/2024/feb/08/pearl-jam-plays-newest-album/

Apologies if already posted.  
    Ed says it’s their last album…..joking of course. 
  • Options
    New single tease just now on instagram
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Spin the Black jelly sprinkled doughnut.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    wiscojam said:
    About 20-25 min walk from treasure island too! The Sphere is worth any walk. So is In-N-Out
    In-N-Out never really did anything for me. I prefer Fatburger.
    Culvers. hands down better than in-n-out. always said they should have one on the strip
    Agreed. I like In-N-Out but it's not as good as Shake Shack, Five Guys, Culvers

Plus...Culvers has an awesome "curd" side online ordering system. The reuben is very good, the roast beef sandwich (add swiss cheese, mushroom, onion, get horseradish sauce, etc.) is far superior to Arby's. And the goddamn cheddar cheese sauce for fries is unmatched.

NO ONE approaches the mac and cheese at Chik-Fil-A. It's the goddamned best out there in fast food and/or any restaurant.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    If PJ ever gets back to Nashville, get over to the Broadway Brew Pub and get the Cajun Burrito.

If Atlanta, do not miss out on Sweet Auburn BBQ. Not a typical southern BBQ joint.   A. They have my favorite Old Fashioned "Dont Burn The House Down" and their food is a blend of Korean and Southern flavors. SO EFFIN GOOD.

Austin, go to the Zilker Brewery. There's a food stand in their lot that makes the best Thai Fried Chicken Sandwich on the planet. I think it was called Spicy Bois

If they play Baltimore this year, go find an all you can eat crab house, and just go crazy. Or go a bit outside the city to Jerry's and get the Crab Bomb. Softball sized crab cake with zero filler. 

Dublin? Go north to Gravediggers aka John Kavanaugh's.  Get Ciaran's amazing Coddle and the best pour of Guinness in the world.

Amsterdam, make your way over to Noord to IJ-Kantine. Great restaurant on the water.

We're going to Munich for vacation this summer. So if anyone has some recommendations, they'd be appreciated!
    Agreed...we usually hit the BBP when we are in Nashville. I will say that the last time my wife got sick from there...it had to have been the side of ranch dressing for her salad that did it. I think it must have sat out too long or something. We had to miss the Tom Keifer show because of that.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    There's a culvers five minutes from my house and I've never eaten there. The pic of butter on the burger grossed me out.
    It's not butter on the burger...they just butter the buns and toast them

• Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    Culvers is very good. Never strayed away from the burger and curds there 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 151
    I've been craving a philly cheesesteak for about 8 years now and this thread is not helping.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,563
    100 Pacer said:
    I live in the Midwest and I think Culver's is very overrated. Just my opinion... but I know people love them. One fast food restaurant that I do love and am lucky to have quite a few locations around me is Portillo's. Makes me think of Chicago and my current favorite series on television at the moment every time I eat there. 
    I'm from the chicago area and I also think Culver's is overrated.  They dont have much flavor.  They arent bad, per se.  They just arent anything. 

I love portillos, except for their burgers.  Those are just ok.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    They teased something and we’re still talking Culver’s. I’m sorry you guys 
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    100 Pacer said:
    I'm from the chicago area and I also think Culver's is overrated.  They dont have much flavor.  They arent bad, per se.  They just arent anything. 

I love portillos, except for their burgers.  Those are just ok.  
    I prefer Five Guys/Shake Shack to Culvers....but compared to Wendy's, McD's, etc. I give Culvers the edge

The only complaint I have is I think they use liquid smoke on the grill....there is always a hint of smoke that tastes fake to me

• Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 159
    I find Culvers to be sometimes really good, but at least the one near my house is very inconsistent. Some days the burger is right up there with Five Guys, other days there’s something off about it, could be the fake smoke mentioned above. But absolutely Five Guys/Shake Shack are a step above.
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 184
    Culver’s > in and out. A hill I’ll die on. 
    Curderburger was the first thing I’ve tried in 2022. Went back in 2023 just for that. Need to try more. It’s delicious. 
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    If PJ ever gets back to Nashville, get over to the Broadway Brew Pub and get the Cajun Burrito.

If Atlanta, do not miss out on Sweet Auburn BBQ. Not a typical southern BBQ joint.   A. They have my favorite Old Fashioned "Dont Burn The House Down" and their food is a blend of Korean and Southern flavors. SO EFFIN GOOD.

Austin, go to the Zilker Brewery. There's a food stand in their lot that makes the best Thai Fried Chicken Sandwich on the planet. I think it was called Spicy Bois

If they play Baltimore this year, go find an all you can eat crab house, and just go crazy. Or go a bit outside the city to Jerry's and get the Crab Bomb. Softball sized crab cake with zero filler. 

Dublin? Go north to Gravediggers aka John Kavanaugh's.  Get Ciaran's amazing Coddle and the best pour of Guinness in the world.

Amsterdam, make your way over to Noord to IJ-Kantine. Great restaurant on the water.

We're going to Munich for vacation this summer. So if anyone has some recommendations, they'd be appreciated!
    Agreed...we usually hit the BBP when we are in Nashville. I will say that the last time my wife got sick from there...it had to have been the side of ranch dressing for her salad that did it. I think it must have sat out too long or something. We had to miss the Tom Keifer show because of that.

That sucks. I've been going there forever (back when it was just Mojos), and have only ever gotten the Cajun Burrito. Except when they were out of one of the ingredients. Settled for a very good Catfish PoBoy.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,589
    The pull for In-N-Out for me is mostly nostalgia and scarcity. I grew up in the SF Bay Area before In-N-Out expanded to there. To get it, you had to eat it while you were visiting down in the Southern part of the State. After I left for the Navy, they eventually opened up stores in the Bay Area, so I was able to get it a couple of times when I would go home on leave. After I moved to the Midwest, it was probably 15 years until I got back to California and got to eat it again. It was good, but I think it was built up in my mind as being better than it was due to the nostalgia of it.     
  • Options
    Yeah, I like Five Guys.   Freddy's is pretty good, probably as close to In N Out that we can get in the midwest, if you try that california burger.  Chicago.  

As for Culver's over Wendys, McD, etc...sure.  I will give them that. At least its like a real burger.  Also, what the hell happened to Wendys??  They used to be my favorite of the fast options and wow, their quality is terrible.  (Their fries are still good). 

If you ever get the chance, go to Miner-Dunn in Highland, Indiana.  Old fashioned Diner.  Get the double cheeseburger.  They have a ton of other good stuff too, but their basic double cheeseburger is awesome. 

Kuma is also really good, but its been a while since I have been there. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    They teased something and we’re still talking Culver’s. I’m sorry you guys 
    haha agreed.  Its a distraction until we get the single, otherwise I will obsess over that clip and play it out. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    Cookout > Culvers
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 804
    You know this thread has officially sunk when Culvers is being touted as better than something else. maybe better than a bowl of dog poop
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    StixumStixum Chicago, IL Posts: 32
    pjl44 said:
    Someone is gonna log on at 6:00, see 125 new messages, get excited, then get treated to 5 pages of monologues about regional chain restaurants 
    This was me... :-D
    2009 - Chicago
    2010 - NY 2
    2012 - Music Midtown
    2013 - Charlotte, LA 1, LA 2, Wrigley
    2014 - St Louis, ACL Fest 2
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Columbia, Ottawa, Toronto, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, San Fran 2 (TOTD), LA (TOTD)
    2017 - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018 - London 1, London 2, Padova, Seattle 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2021 - Ohana 1
    2022 - Las Vegas, Nashville, St. Louis
    2023 - St. Paul 1, St. Paul 2, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Noblesville
    2024 - Vancouver 1, Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2, Los Angelas 1
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    Anyone coming to Boston, especially Night 1, don't bother eating at Sweet Cheeks Q even though it's right down the street from Fenway. Or, if you do, save a couple of seats for me and my partner. ;)

Honestly, the BBQ there is good, but the real reason to go there is for the biscuits. And the Nutter Butter dessert.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    edited February 9

That sucks. I've been going there forever (back when it was just Mojos), and have only ever gotten the Cajun Burrito. Except when they were out of one of the ingredients. Settled for a very good Catfish PoBoy.
    it was a crazy visit because I lost (and swallowed) my front tooth during that same visit...I got the wings and remember the bleu cheese dressing being kind of warm but I didn't think much of it. She had a lot more ranch on her salad than I had with the wings but I think the pre-packaged cups were probably bad. My tooth was dead...old root canal that just broke off for some reason. I have my final phase of the implant next week so I won't look like a hillbilly anymore.

but yeah...some of the best food on Broadway there. Great beer selection too.

• Options
    You know this thread has officially sunk when Culvers is being touted as better than something else. maybe better than a bowl of dog poop
    depends on how much liquid smoke is on the poop

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,468
    This thread has become a nothing burger.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Yeah, I like Five Guys.   Freddy's is pretty good, probably as close to In N Out that we can get in the midwest, if you try that california burger.  Chicago.  

As for Culver's over Wendys, McD, etc...sure.  I will give them that. At least its like a real burger.  Also, what the hell happened to Wendys??  They used to be my favorite of the fast options and wow, their quality is terrible.  (Their fries are still good). 

If you ever get the chance, go to Miner-Dunn in Highland, Indiana.  Old fashioned Diner.  Get the double cheeseburger.  They have a ton of other good stuff too, but their basic double cheeseburger is awesome. 

There is a Freddy's near me that I still haven't tried...need to get there. 

I do still like Wendy's...the one here is still good. They have great breakfast sandwiches. A few years ago I went to the drive thru and got a baconator....get back to the office and there's no fucking bacon. I was gutted.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    mpedone said:
    Anyone coming to Boston, especially Night 1, don't bother eating at Sweet Cheeks Q even though it's right down the street from Fenway. Or, if you do, save a couple of seats for me and my partner. ;)

Honestly, the BBQ there is good, but the real reason to go there is for the biscuits. And the Nutter Butter dessert.
    I'm not telling anyone my favorite Fenway spot until the shows are announced and my reservations are booked
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

There is a Freddy's near me that I still haven't tried...need to get there. 

I do still like Wendy's...the one here is still good. They have great breakfast sandwiches. A few years ago I went to the drive thru and got a baconator....get back to the office and there's no fucking bacon. I was gutted.
    Yeah, Wendys breakfast sandwiches are solid. Esp that baconator one.  

Yeah, give Freddy's a try.  It's still a chain, so its got that chain feel to it.  Try the Fry sauce.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    This thread has become a nothing burger.  
    Ha, and your name fits with it. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
This discussion has been closed.