The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 265
    Spunkie said:
    PhartN said:
    Spunkie said: some stuff
    RatherStarved said: some stuff

This is how the Noblesville thread got closed down.  Lets all be nice please. You've both said your piece.  Yall wont agree, let it lie.  We need to see page 300!!!
    No problem 😊 
    THE BEST!!
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options
    LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 154
    tylerj said:
    JojoRice said:
    What will people gripe about first once the announcement is made? I'm guessing ticket prices. 
    Pearl Jam Premium, which I guess goes along with ticket prices. But also the fact those tickets push 10c seats back further.
    If no one buys those premium seats at ridiculous prices they will be release at regular prices before the show like it was at St Paul last year. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    Spunkie said:
    PhartN said:

This is how the Noblesville thread got closed down.  Lets all be nice please. You've both said your piece.  Yall wont agree, let it lie.  We need to see page 300!!!
    No problem 😊 
    @Spunkie Sorry for your loss.  In respect for the other comment that was made by the person not wanting this debate to continue on the thread, I’ll simply agree to disagree on here and we can talk about it separately or not.    
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ChrrieChrrie Posts: 98
    100 Pacer said:
    Get those Vancouver hotel reservations in prior to the announcement. Prices already absurd and the marathon isn’t helping much.
    I wanted to but wasn’t Vancouver one of the dates that had some questions around it or may only end up being one show or something? I don’t know anymore though it was probably 100 pages ago at this point. 
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    What will people gripe about first once the announcement is made? I'm guessing ticket prices. 
    Seniority...
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    Chrrie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Get those Vancouver hotel reservations in prior to the announcement. Prices already absurd and the marathon isn’t helping much.
    I wanted to but wasn’t Vancouver one of the dates that had some questions around it or may only end up being one show or something? I don’t know anymore though it was probably 100 pages ago at this point. 
    My impression was that Seattle was in flux, but it was possible that Van might be impacted too. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,680
    Chrrie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Vancouver is locked in.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Seniority...
    I feel like I'm watching Family Feud 😂. I just want to clap and say "good answer!!!"

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Selfishly, I really hope the original Seattle dates don't end up changing.  May 28th & 30th work out perfect for me.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,153
    JojoRice said:
    Seniority...
    I feel like I'm watching Family Feud 😂. I just want to clap and say "good answer!!!"

haha. that's funny. 

Seniority
    GA/if seniority affects GA or not
    why no show in/near (insert city/region)?
    ticket prices
    I'm not going if they're only playing 22 songs
    I'm not going since they have an opener

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I also like the ones that join several weeks after the announcement and still ask how they enter the lottery. 

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    I also like the ones that join several weeks after the announcement and still ask how they enter the lottery. 
    Hopefully they react to the upcoming newsletter reminder.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,408
    edited February 7
    100 Pacer said:
    Chrrie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Vancouver is locked in.
    We're 100% sure (May 4 and 6)? Two dates would be a first and be epic.   Someone posted that there was an issue with the Seattle dates at the end of the leg and they might move 1 or 2 of the dates to after Vancouver.   I thought maybe we'd lose a Vancouver show to squeeze a Seattle date in.

Also wondering if one or both Seattle dates would be the Gorge.    I think I'm good with two in Vancouver, but if Seattle were the gorge that would change things.  Haven't been to the Gorge in 10 years (Tom Petty), always looking for a reason to go.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    Spunkie said:
    PhartN said:

No problem 😊 
    @Spunkie Sorry for your loss.  In respect for the other comment that was made by the person not wanting this debate to continue on the thread, I’ll simply agree to disagree on here and we can talk about it separately or not.    
    Ok. I think it's fine to talk here. This thread is about the tour. The tour is coming to Vancouver, BC. And I provided information, repeatedly, that as of May 1st our laws are changing for short-term rentals. I would ask and hope that visitors respect these laws (which is likely a condition of entry into my country)  because they are being implemented for good reasons. That's about it.

Changing my request to: please travel LEGALLY when seeking Vancouver, BC accommodations, rather than "ethically" (since a lack thereof has brought us to this point in the crisis).

Finally to the poster who thinks we're fighting: dont worry, we were just having a conversation. We're friends. We've even considered maybe catching the show together 🎶 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,543
    And you can barely get a behind the stage upper for Billy Joel at MSG for $300.  I know his run there is coming to an end, but still.  
    Got one for the final MSG show in section 107 for $465 including fees, standard pricing face value. Last time I saw him in 2017 at busch stadium sixth row center was only $170. 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,039
    Does anyone knows how many priorities can one person put? Im hoping for 6 because of london,berlin and barcelona 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Chrrie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Vancouver is locked in.
    We're 100% sure? Two dates dates would be a first and be epic.   Someone posted that there was an issue with the Seattle days at the end of a leg and the might move 1 or 2 of the dates to after Vancouver.   I thought maybe we'd lose a Vancouver show to squeeze a Seattle date in.
    💯

The band’s Canadian promoter is actually based in Vancouver so it works out well for him. I think the confusion with Seattle stems from the, at the time, up in the air club show in Seattle just before hitting the road to Vancouver. I suspect the 2 dates at climate pledge at the end of the May run are locked in.

• Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 657
    Where has the Pixies support rumour come from?
  • Options
    just_one said:
    Does anyone knows how many priorities can one person put? Im hoping for 6 because of london,berlin and barcelona 
    You'll likely be able to put in for the entire tour if you want. No guarantee's that you'll score on all of your submissions though. 

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    SHZA said:
    And you can barely get a behind the stage upper for Billy Joel at MSG for $300.  I know his run there is coming to an end, but still.  
    Got one for the final MSG show in section 107 for $465 including fees, standard pricing face value. Last time I saw him in 2017 at busch stadium sixth row center was only $170. 
    I paid $530 for a pair of 300 level seats at this year's show, non-premium.
  • Options
    Thompson172000Thompson172000 Ontario, Canada Posts: 35
    Any word on any dates in Toronto, or just Vancouver?
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    JojoRice said:
    Also, are we still writing numbers on our hands for the GA lines? Anyone claim #1 yet? 
    mine is still on my hand from Vegas 2021. that's still good, right?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,408
    100 Pacer said:
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Chrrie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Vancouver is locked in.
    We're 100% sure? Two dates dates would be a first and be epic.   Someone posted that there was an issue with the Seattle days at the end of a leg and the might move 1 or 2 of the dates to after Vancouver.   I thought maybe we'd lose a Vancouver show to squeeze a Seattle date in.
    💯

The band’s Canadian promoter is actually based in Vancouver so it works out well for him. I think the confusion with Seattle stems from the, at the time, up in the air club show in Seattle just before hitting the road to Vancouver. I suspect the 2 dates at climate pledge at the end of the May run are locked in.
    That's awesome. Plus the first one (May 4th) is a Saturday which is kind of nice.  Just need the Mon/Tues off work for the 2nd one.   First time I've been able to see multiple shows without heading south of the border :)
  • Options
    wiscojam said:
    JojoRice said:
    Also, are we still writing numbers on our hands for the GA lines? Anyone claim #1 yet? 
    mine is still on my hand from Vegas 2021. that's still good, right?
    Yep.  You're good to go!

• Options
    LS164963 said:
    tylerj said:
    JojoRice said:
    Pearl Jam Premium, which I guess goes along with ticket prices. But also the fact those tickets push 10c seats back further.
    If no one buys those premium seats at ridiculous prices they will be release at regular prices before the show like it was at St Paul last year. 
    That's a big "if". People will buy them or platinum wouldn't exist, let alone make up a larger portion of tickets every year 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,310
    I think the price will be the first complaint and along with that why don't they play (fill in your location here)

Of course I've already seen complaining about location based on the rumored dates
  • Options
    enddemenddem Posts: 53
    Curious about the Pixies rumor. I had assumed Mudhoney would be a perfect opener for the west coast and Australia/NZ legs (especially the latter with Guy Maddison apparently moving back to Australia). Wouldn't be sad to see Hooveriii (who opened for Mudhoney on their tour last year) in support though.
  • Options
    Chrrie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    There were questions re a potential conflict with NHL playoff schedule but I think we concluded that the off day between shows *should* prevent having to move either of the show dates 
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,364
    enddem said:
    Curious about the Pixies rumor. I had assumed Mudhoney would be a perfect opener for the west coast and Australia/NZ legs (especially the latter with Guy Maddison apparently moving back to Australia). Wouldn't be sad to see Hooveriii (who opened for Mudhoney on their tour last year) in support though.
    I would much rather Pixies over Mudhoney. I know that that the Pearl Jam band members hold Mudhoney in high regard but I don't understand the hype. Musical taste is obviously subjective but I'd say that the one time I saw them - as opener for the 2011 Montreal show - was probably the worst opening act I've seen across any concert I've ever been to. Maybe it was an off night but their set was cacophonous.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,335
    Question for you Canadians attending the Vancouver shows- what are your thoughts on Air Canada? I gave it a quick google and saw a lot of bad reviews. I’m considering doing the Vancouver shows (coming from NJ). I was originally thinking I would fly to Seattle, rent a car, and drive up the rest of the way. But I just saw another option is to take a short flight up to Montreal and then take an Air Canada flight from there directly to Vancouver. Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions you might have from your personal experience. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.