Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 130
    Forgive me if this has already been discussed. And I realize that very few people chose to take refunds on their Noblesville tickets from last year. But I know that some did. Do you think there's any chance in hell that there'll be another lottery for those limited tickets that were returned?
    This is false on the refund talk. No one was given any option for a refund.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    Sarava said:
    Hopefully the 10c ticket sale goes a little cleaner this time. Would love for a GA only option to return.
    Me too, but I think it won't 
    Yeah, probably not. As a newer member (495xx from 2013), the GA only option was the path to good tickets, even with the risks of getting shut out. But I still have my Indy tickets, so it's a big win no matter how the lottery goes :)
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,549
    edited January 30
    RiotZact said:
    Forgive me if this has already been discussed. And I realize that very few people chose to take refunds on their Noblesville tickets from last year. But I know that some did. Do you think there's any chance in hell that there'll be another lottery for those limited tickets that were returned?
    Wait, people were already given the option of a refund for Noblesville? 
    I don't think refunds have been offered yet. There's usually a 30-day window once the new date is announced. So any returns probably won't be part of the initial lottery. Maybe a secondary lottery like they did for GA for some of the 2022 shows that had been postponed from 2020. 
  • Options
    StraycatStraycat Posts: 4
    For some reason I never get emails despite me clicking the box and no they aren’t in my junk.  Hope this isn’t going to affect me getting tickets .
  • Options
    FastrichieFastrichie Sandy Hook, CT Posts: 916
    Says that they were given the option in the cancellation announcement.
    04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,339
    Sarava said:
    Hopefully the 10c ticket sale goes a little cleaner this time. Would love for a GA only option to return.
    Same, but I’m not expecting it too. Eliminating the GA only option allows them to sell a lot more tickets in the presale. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    I requested a refund 30 minutes after the show was called off, and received it 2 days later. Granted, I had accidentally purchased a platinum single that morning while trying for a f2f ticket. But I just assumed everyone else had gotten the option at some point, since TM's previously stated policy had been that any postponed shows not rescheduled within 60 days would be eligible for a refund at that point.
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 168
    Says that they were given the option in the cancellation announcement.
    They never publicly offered cancellation, but i remember seeing on here that people had emailed requesting one and were given them. So there may be some tickets out there but likely not many yet, hard to say how many will turn theirs in once the rescheduled date gets announced.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    I requested a refund 30 minutes after the show was called off, and received it 2 days later. Granted, I had accidentally purchased a platinum single that morning while trying for a f2f ticket. But I just assumed everyone else had gotten the option at some point, since TM's previously stated policy had been that any postponed shows not rescheduled within 60 days would be eligible for a refund at that point.
    I remember this and being really worried about that platinum ticket! what was the price on that again?
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    Kwieneke said:
    I remember this and being really worried about that platinum ticket! what was the price on that again?
    $988.30 lol
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    Kwieneke said:
    $988.30 lol
    my goodness. glad it worked out in the end. I would have freaked out 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,490
    steven87 said:
    Sarava said:
    Same, but I’m not expecting it too. Eliminating the GA only option allows them to sell a lot more tickets in the presale. 
    It also makes me wonder what they were seeing in buying habits to make that decision. Anecdotally you got the sense people were creating multiple accounts wherever they could to stuff GA-only entries.
  • Options
    If that's the case, I understand the need to introduce a little more risk into the equation 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,949
    Kwieneke said:
    $988.30 lol
    Sweet Jesus. I can't imagine the dueling thoughts of sadness and joy that you had when the show was postponed lol
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Wrong.... 
    you guys any time a concert is canceled or postponed and I mean any time...the option for a refund is immediately given. Just like for PJ and Indy. 
  • Options
    WillistonWilliston Minnesota Posts: 36
    I was thinking there would be a reminder on the 10th if announcement was to be 13th. Getting another reminder midway makes me think it may come earlier now. Seem to be posting more to social media too...surely wouldn't be another 15/16 days of that before announcing
    I’m thinking guessing dates get announced today 1/30 or Wednesday 1/31 as well as the first single as it coincides with the listening party in CA on 1/31
  • Options
    Wrong.... 
    you guys any time a concert is canceled or postponed and I mean any time...the option for a refund is immediately given. Just like for PJ and Indy. 
    This isn't true at all. I've had several shows over the last few years where it was not an immediate option. Hell, there was one where I had to escalate to management at a theater to get a refund AFTER the new date was announced.
  • Options
    I mean maybe if you call and hassle them enough but I'm talking a standard process presented to the buyer for a refund.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    I mean maybe if you call and hassle them enough but I'm talking a standard process presented to the buyer for a refund.
    Yeah and there’s an email or something you’ve missed I bet, because over the decades of canceled and postponed shows, I’ve never had one problem getting a refund, except when it was MY FAULT due to card issues. 

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    Yeah and there’s an email or something you’ve missed I bet, because over the decades of canceled and postponed shows, I’ve never had one problem getting a refund, except when it was MY FAULT due to card issues. 

Here's one example. Greg Dulli postponed his solo tour due to COVID. This was the messaging for several months if not a year. There was no easy refund option. Perhaps haggling with customer service but that is totally different.

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Here's one example. Greg Dulli postponed his solo tour due to COVID. This was the messaging for several months if not a year. There was no easy refund option. Perhaps haggling with customer service but that is totally different.

You wouldn’t have gotten a refund email from the artist. It’s from the ticket distributor. Like for Ticketmaster it’s as easy as going in and clicking a few buttons. AXS it’s super easy, maybe I had to call them, but still very easy 
  • Options
    I honestly didn't know there was a refund option for Indy last year. Good to know.
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    Williston said:
    I was thinking there would be a reminder on the 10th if announcement was to be 13th. Getting another reminder midway makes me think it may come earlier now. Seem to be posting more to social media too...surely wouldn't be another 15/16 days of that before announcing
    I’m thinking guessing dates get announced today 1/30 or Wednesday 1/31 as well as the first single as it coincides with the listening party in CA on 1/31
    It would be super awesome if that happens but the announcement date we’ve been getting since November is 2/13
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,549
    edited January 30
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

You wouldn’t have gotten a refund email from the artist. It’s from the ticket distributor. Like for Ticketmaster it’s as easy as going in and clicking a few buttons. AXS it’s super easy, maybe I had to call them, but still very easy 
    Don't think so. Standard practice is for automatic refunds if a show is canceled. But if it's just postponed the distributor/artist typically say that your tickets are good for the rescheduled date, and fans who can't make the rescheduled date will have the option of requesting a refund. Since no new date has been announced, no refund has been offered yet. 
  • Options
    Guys. Refunds were offered tho. So the whole point of this talk is getting silly 😂 love y’all tho 
    we need these dates so this thread can conclude! We’re going mad
  • Options
    Guys. Refunds were offered tho. So the whole point of this talk is getting silly 😂 love y’all tho 
    Refunds weren’t “offered”, people who contacted Ticketmaster requesting them were granted them from what i’ve heard, but there was no communication at all to ticket holders saying they could get a refund if they didn’t want to wait for the rescheduled date. I’m sure it will be stated once the new show is announced, but as of now four months later, those of us with tickets haven’t been offered a refund and they closed out F2F immediately for the show also.
  • Options
    JD87070 said:
    Refunds weren’t “offered”, people who contacted Ticketmaster requesting them were granted them from what i’ve heard, but there was no communication at all to ticket holders saying they could get a refund if they didn’t want to wait for the rescheduled date. I’m sure it will be stated once the new show is announced, but as of now four months later, those of us with tickets haven’t been offered a refund and they closed out F2F immediately for the show also.
    My god man, fine. They weren’t offered. Just granted.... so if you want a refund they OFFER a phone number to grant you refund. My bad. Still a pretty dang easy process 
  • Options
    I think the general point is they could send an email or let folks know that's an option. Not a big deal, but just adds to the overall sentiment that the current powers that be in charge of ticketing aren't really all too concerned about the average fan. 

But you are right, just release the dates so we can move our anger onto the lottery and seating process now lol
  • Options
    JD87070 said:
    My god man, fine. They weren’t offered. Just granted.... so if you want a refund they OFFER a phone number to grant you refund. My bad. Still a pretty dang easy process 
    All good. My main point was that i doubt many people went through the process of contacting TM for a refund since they didn’t make it easy, so there likely isn’t going to be a whole lot of tickets available when the other shows go on sale.
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,146
    kmcmanus said:
    Williston said:
    It would be super awesome if that happens but the announcement date we’ve been getting since November is 2/13
    I remember the date of 2/13, but why would such a specific date come out three months early?
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
This discussion has been closed.