The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,199
    PJNB said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    Btw im from europe and if nothing happens until feb 13 ill lose my mind lol 
    Thought you already did.
    Ohh i can always go a bit futher😅😅😅😅

But honestly if europe is not announced on feb 13 when the hell are they going to announcing it? With 3 months left? Makes no sense
    I mean that’s how long leg 1 is getting 
    And in a way they can announce whenever now that the festivals have done their announcements. Last year I saw QOTSA on their short June U.K. tour. Just checked my original booking email - Tour was announced on 19th April…. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    edited January 30
    Is it 2/13 yet?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    baldog27baldog27 Posts: 176
    SACK THE MANAGER
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,530
    baldog27 said:
    SACK THE MANAGER
    Why would they do that? They’re going to make a gazillion dollars this year.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,530
    Is it 2/13 yet?
    No, but almost Groundhog Day! And every day is Groundhog Day on this thread :) 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    Thought you already did.
    Hahaha.  I was going to say….
  • Options
    I’m gutted that more people aren’t gutted.  
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,335
    Is it 2/13 yet?
    No, but almost Groundhog Day! And every day is Groundhog Day on this thread :) 
    Haha so true
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,072
    So do the10C  lotto redoes make it past the public on sale date or not? Extra points this year if they fuck it up so bad they have to push the public date back. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,562
    on2legs said:
    raindog80 said:
    JimmyV said:
    raindog80 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Williston said:
    I was thinking there would be a reminder on the 10th if announcement was to be 13th. Getting another reminder midway makes me think it may come earlier now. Seem to be posting more to social media too...surely wouldn't be another 15/16 days of that before announcing
    I’m thinking guessing dates get announced today 1/30 or Wednesday 1/31 as well as the first single as it coincides with the listening party in CA on 1/31
    It would be super awesome if that happens but the announcement date we’ve been getting since November is 2/13
    I remember the date of 2/13, but why would such a specific date come out three months early?
    There was a pretty elaborate marketing plan in place for the Gigaton announcement. Scavenger hunt, etc. Could be something similar is in the works. 

In this case, the date of February 13th has been circulating for three months, perhaps more. This all seems quite ridiculous to me.

The Juggler confirmed it with several winking GIFs.
    I didn't confirm anything having to do with tour dates, muchacho. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,072
    on2legs said:
    raindog80 said:
    JimmyV said:
    raindog80 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Williston said:
    I was thinking there would be a reminder on the 10th if announcement was to be 13th. Getting another reminder midway makes me think it may come earlier now. Seem to be posting more to social media too...surely wouldn't be another 15/16 days of that before announcing
    I’m thinking guessing dates get announced today 1/30 or Wednesday 1/31 as well as the first single as it coincides with the listening party in CA on 1/31
    It would be super awesome if that happens but the announcement date we’ve been getting since November is 2/13
    I remember the date of 2/13, but why would such a specific date come out three months early?
    There was a pretty elaborate marketing plan in place for the Gigaton announcement. Scavenger hunt, etc. Could be something similar is in the works. 

In this case, the date of February 13th has been circulating for three months, perhaps more. This all seems quite ridiculous to me.

The 13th is back in play!
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 279
    drfox said:
    PJNB said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    Thought you already did.
    Ohh i can always go a bit futher😅😅😅😅

But honestly if europe is not announced on feb 13 when the hell are they going to announcing it? With 3 months left? Makes no sense
    I mean that’s how long leg 1 is getting 
    And in a way they can announce whenever now that the festivals have done their announcements. Last year I saw QOTSA on their short June U.K. tour. Just checked my original booking email - Tour was announced on 19th April…. 
    Possible but very very not cool for fans. 
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    baldog27baldog27 Posts: 176
    baldog27 said:
    SACK THE MANAGER
    Why would they do that? They’re going to make a gazillion dollars this year.  
    I was just repeating something I read here yesterday that made me laugh and rings true.  If the bar for being a (fan friendly) band is making money, then you are not the target audience of this comment sir. 
  • Options
    Shouldn’t the US May people be more upset than the Euro June people?   B)

speaking as a US September person
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,048
    I think im being a little missunderstood here. 

Im not going to actually lose my mind if nothing happens on feb 13 for europe. Ill get very sad no doubt but its just the way they seem to operate now.im just worried that the later the more expensive it will become, it actually comes down to that quite honestly

Bunting10 said:

In a way no because the february date for the us announcement is still in the normal timeline they are used to announce the us tours.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,617
    Bunting10 said:

but but flights and hotels get more expensive in Europe without 6 months to prepare (as does everywhere else).

(signed hopeful May tour attendee)
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,199
    just_one said:

Im not going to actually lose my mind if nothing happens on feb 13 for europe. Ill get very sad no doubt but its just the way they seem to operate now.im just worried that the later the more expensive it will become, it actually comes down to that quite honestly

Bunting10 said:

In a way no because the february date for the us announcement is still in the normal timeline they are used to announce the us tours.
    Just book hotels as fully refundable and book time off work. Can’t understand why people don’t do this. The only painful thing about a late announcement is the flight cost but that’s about it. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 684
    just_one said:
    You are who I was thinking of when I wrote it bud
  • Options
    What is very painful (besides the lost money) is not being able to plan the things in your life. 
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,613
    edited January 30
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    raindog80 said:
    JimmyV said:
    raindog80 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Williston said:

The 13th is back in play!

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    matt84 said:
    76 posts today and one tidbit, 100 Pacer’s note about a 2/23 public sale.  That’s something.  
    I can confirm the 2/23 public sale date as well. 

2/13 = Album Info, New Single (Dark Matter), NA Tour dates (I do not know about Europe) 
    I’d be amazed if we weren’t getting the full tour schedule at this time.
    I think Dimitris (maybe others too) said that everything would be announced at once
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 514
    just_one said:

Bunting10 said:

The point is, we got very accurate info in November last year, that we have to wait longer for the European announcement this time. Still you were reluctant to accept this and found numerous reasons it can‘t be true just to be let down and tell us every time how unfair this is due to flight prices, planning, Coldplay concerts in Rome and stuff.

I think it‘s finally time to accept it, book refundable hotels, swallow the bitter pill of flight prices and wait for mid February. You almost made it buddy!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,504
    76 posts today and one tidbit, 100 Pacer’s note about a 2/23 public sale.  That’s something.  
    I can confirm the 2/23 public sale date as well. 

2/13 = Album Info, New Single (Dark Matter), NA Tour dates (I do not know about Europe) 
    Am I remembering correctly that Dark Matter was supposedly the lower tempo one? If so, that would be interesting.
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 184
    drfox said:
    just_one said:

Bunting10 said:

Just book hotels as fully refundable and book time off work. Can’t understand why people don’t do this. The only painful thing about a late announcement is the flight cost but that’s about it. 
    A lot of the hotel sites have extra charges for fully refundable rooms.  And if you need more than 1 night, that adds up quickly.  I'm in the USA and would love to go to the UK.  But, if I go I want to go more than a week to make it worth while.  So it is not as easy as it would seem.  
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,048
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

Bunting10 said:

The point is, we got very accurate info in November last year, that we have to wait longer for the European announcement this time. Still you were reluctant to accept this and found numerous reasons it can‘t be true just to be let down and tell us every time how unfair this is due to flight prices, planning, Coldplay concerts in Rome and stuff.

I think it‘s finally time to accept it, book refundable hotels, swallow the bitter pill of flight prices and wait for mid February. You almost made it buddy!
    I was just making conversation, maybe i shared too much, point taken.
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    two weeks is "imminent" in the music industry 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,562
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

Bunting10 said:

I was just making conversation, maybe i shared too much, point taken.
    I thought the conversation was pleasant. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,687
    estarr31 said:
    two weeks is "imminent" in the music industry 
    2 weeks is my hometown hockey team’s playoff season. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,365
    edited January 30
    Longer I've been a fan, the easier it's been for me to realize the band doesn't care about the travel plans of die-hard fans. They know the shows are going to sell out whether they're announced 6 months in advance or 6 weeks in advance. It's definitely frustrating but A) we're not entitled to anything and B ) I'm glad the band is still even touring and we even have shows to go to. We'll just have to live with the lack of lead time at this point.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,003
    Always try to have fun with it. The longer we wait, the longer we can hope for a Hartford show. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
This discussion has been closed.