JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    TWO WEEKS!!!!

(+1 day)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,680
    edited January 29
    blairs1 said:
    another reminder to keep membership up to date today. 

unlikely we’ll hear anything before 2/13.
    Monthly newsletter on February 10 with final reminder. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Sack the manager
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    edited January 29
    Here we go!

Final reminder 2/10 is my guess as well.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    With the Uncle Neil talk, a fun useless fact I find interesting (though maybe not fun, interesting or news to anyone here) - PJ have played RITFW nearly twice as many times as Neil Young (326 vs 166).  
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,571
    "Saturday Tickets To See Pearl Jam, Maná, and more will sell out TODAY!"
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,188
    Am I wrong in thinking Fenway and Wrigley did NOT use Ticketmaster / tickets today, etc, and they may be outside of the lottery for the bunch of shows in arenas that do use TM?
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    on2legs said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:
    Is it typically harder to score Seattle tickets through 10C than other cities? We have traveled several times for PJ shows but haven't done Seattle yet and would like to this time around. We would most likely put in for seats for both nights. Thanks in advance! 
    People were getting Chicago as a 7th pick last year. 

If they get the same amount of tickets and don’t botch the lotto again you should be good with reserved for both nights as your first and second picks. 
    Would depend on the venue though, Chicago’s arena seats more than most arenas do. United Center’s stated concert capacity is 6,000 more than Climate Pledge Arena’s. But still, especially with more shows this year than last, you should be able to get 10C tix for both.
    Now we know why so many people got nose bleed seats! 

I find it interesting that the UC is able to add 2500 seats for a concert vs a hockey game but Climate Pledge can only add 100. 

Back on discussion I guess. Anyone got those Seattle dates locked down?

Yo! Those seats were awful!

I would prefer to see fewer 10C seats but better seat locations...even if that means I miss out on a getting drawn for a show. Waaaayyyy too many 10C in the 300's that could have ended up purchased for face/close to face.

But I don't expect that at all.
    You're telling me that as a member, if I put my name in a draw, they could stick me with the shit tickets. Jesus. Guess it's GA or nothing.
    What’s your membership number? If you’re a relatively new member you might be better off waiting until the lottery and public on sale conclude before attempting on F2F. 
    Oh it's the shits. I renew membership when I feel my voice may contribute to the community.deb1211 said:
    My number sucks since I let it lapse years ago but I just do the lottery and then sell after I score better seats on f2f. Hopefully it keeps working 
    I hear this often. Some of us like Tyler/1ThoughtUnKnown has had housing insecurities over the years, or no/poor credit, making renewals a luxury.

Remember when we used to get names like "Ghosts" when they counted our posts? Maybe the 10 Club administrators/benefacticiaries who have had a financial secure life need to revisit how we value members. Or count when we initially joined, not when we were able to pay?

It's tough when people have financial difficulties and it certainly sucks to lose your spot in the club because of it.  But I just want to stick up for the ten club here because I know over the years they have been very forgiving when people have missed their renewal dates and they have allowed people to regain their previous numbers. My best advice would be to contact the ten club if financial difficulties are impacting your ability to renew your membership.  The worst they can say is no.
    Great suggestion! Done ✔️ 
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    this read like their monthly newsletter, they still going to send that out? They didn't send one in January 2020 with the tour announcement on 1/13/20...but they did send one in April last year and in March 2022. Either way, 2/13 or 2/14 sounds right, seems to be the pattern with those previous announcements. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    PJinIL said:
    I'll be joining some others with rolling on the F2F for tickets. Lottery for some safety, but I got stuck sitting in my 10c seats when there were way better seats available on TM. I won't complain about the system, there are folks somewhere trying to do the best they can for fans. There are folks elsewhere trying to make a buck. It's never gonna be ideal.

I will complain about not being able to sell tickets below face value. F2F is to help tickets from inflating. Protecting the consumer. Absolutely fine. But if I have 300 level 10c tickets and see 100 level on TM, I'll basically have to eat my tickets if I want the closer seats. I couldn't even sell for 1/2 price. That's messed up, imo.

Hoping for that Vegas show!

Separately, the lineup for Bourbon and Beyond is looking pretty good...
    If you have bad tickets. Sell them on F2F instantly. There will be better tickets available. I sold absolutely awful tickets for the United Center last year. Listed them literally asap, and because of the hype, they sold almost instantly.  Got GA to both UC shows.  

@tylermoore - Tyler the upgrader
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    steven87 said:
    Yet another membership reminder. I believe we’re up to 3 now. This has gotta be the most membership reminders we’ve ever gotten leading up to a tour announcement. 
    Yes sir. Now all those who renew only during tour time will likely have their membership expire in November/December rather than January/February 2025. Good money making plan by management.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:
    Is it typically harder to score Seattle tickets through 10C than other cities? We have traveled several times for PJ shows but haven't done Seattle yet and would like to this time around. We would most likely put in for seats for both nights. Thanks in advance! 

If they get the same amount of tickets and don’t botch the lotto again you should be good with reserved for both nights as your first and second picks. 
    Would depend on the venue though, Chicago’s arena seats more than most arenas do. United Center’s stated concert capacity is 6,000 more than Climate Pledge Arena’s. But still, especially with more shows this year than last, you should be able to get 10C tix for both.

I find it interesting that the UC is able to add 2500 seats for a concert vs a hockey game but Climate Pledge can only add 100. 

I would prefer to see fewer 10C seats but better seat locations...even if that means I miss out on a getting drawn for a show. Waaaayyyy too many 10C in the 300's that could have ended up purchased for face/close to face.

You're telling me that as a member, if I put my name in a draw, they could stick me with the shit tickets. Jesus. Guess it's GA or nothing.
    What’s your membership number? If you’re a relatively new member you might be better off waiting until the lottery and public on sale conclude before attempting on F2F. 
    Oh it's the shits. I renew membership when I feel my voice may contribute to the community.deb1211 said:
    My number sucks since I let it lapse years ago but I just do the lottery and then sell after I score better seats on f2f. Hopefully it keeps working 
    I hear this often. Some of us like Tyler/1ThoughtUnKnown has had housing insecurities over the years, or no/poor credit, making renewals a luxury.

Remember when we used to get names like "Ghosts" when they counted our posts? Maybe the 10 Club administrators/benefacticiaries who have had a financial secure life need to revisit how we value members. Or count when we initially joined, not when we were able to pay?

I'm in this same boat. Was a member back in 2003, but life got in the way. Rejoined in 2016 (fortunately before the more recent glut of memberships). Now have a 400K number. Got lucky in the Fenway lottery in 2018 and ended up in the 2nd row, but usually our seats aren't great. Decent-but-nothing-special. Got lucky in the "re-lottery" for the postponed 2020 show in Hamilton, but other than that, we're usually on the far side of whatever venue we're in. Been lucky to be in the lower bowl, but still pretty far away.
    Managed to snag a couple of pairs of F2F tickets for the doomed Baltimore show in 2020. That took literal HOURS of refreshing and rushing through the checkout process (and at odd times of day). It all depends on the venue and the date (Baltimore was a tiny venue on a Saturday, with 0 shows in the Boston or Philly area, so demand was pretty high), but it is doable.
    Fair warning, though, if you go secondary market (whatever that looks like) for Fenway, it might be worth taking an extra minute to take a good look at where the seat actually is. There is a non-zero chance you will be directly behind a large steel pole. Fun!
    How do you have a 400k number from 2016? Mine is higher and earlier.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:

I'm in this same boat. Was a member back in 2003, but life got in the way. Rejoined in 2016 (fortunately before the more recent glut of memberships). Now have a 400K number. Got lucky in the Fenway lottery in 2018 and ended up in the 2nd row, but usually our seats aren't great. Decent-but-nothing-special. Got lucky in the "re-lottery" for the postponed 2020 show in Hamilton, but other than that, we're usually on the far side of whatever venue we're in. Been lucky to be in the lower bowl, but still pretty far away.
    Managed to snag a couple of pairs of F2F tickets for the doomed Baltimore show in 2020. That took literal HOURS of refreshing and rushing through the checkout process (and at odd times of day). It all depends on the venue and the date (Baltimore was a tiny venue on a Saturday, with 0 shows in the Boston or Philly area, so demand was pretty high), but it is doable.
    Fair warning, though, if you go secondary market (whatever that looks like) for Fenway, it might be worth taking an extra minute to take a good look at where the seat actually is. There is a non-zero chance you will be directly behind a large steel pole. Fun!
    I have 435*** from 2008. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:

I noticed that as well.  I rejoined in December of 2015 with number 533xxx. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 682
    edited January 29
    estarr31 said:
    this read like their monthly newsletter, they still going to send that out? They didn't send one in January 2020 with the tour announcement on 1/13/20...but they did send one in April last year and in March 2022. Either way, 2/13 or 2/14 sounds right, seems to be the pattern with those previous announcements. 
    The expectation is 2/13, that date’s been circling for a couple months and confirmed by people in the know. 
    There will definitely be a 2/10 email, it just might not amount to much.
    They sent a 1/10/20 email too, the 10C email that month had the coordinates for the AR billboards on a Friday then the official announcement came the following Monday 1/13.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    JojoRice said:
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:

I noticed that as well.  I rejoined in December of 2015 with number 533xxx. 

Because I transposed two digits.

540XXX

:blush:
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    I was thinking there would be a reminder on the 10th if announcement was to be 13th. Getting another reminder midway makes me think it may come earlier now. Seem to be posting more to social media too...surely wouldn't be another 15/16 days of that before announcing
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,613
    I was thinking there would be a reminder on the 10th if announcement was to be 13th. Getting another reminder midway makes me think it may come earlier now. Seem to be posting more to social media too...surely wouldn't be another 15/16 days of that before announcing
    Do you know this band?  :)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,680

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options

Well I did think 1 reminder would be fine and they were going to squeeze it in before Christmas week yet here we are, so evidently not.
  • Options

Well I did think 1 reminder would be fine and they were going to squeeze it in before Christmas week yet here we are, so evidently not.
    They did a reminder in the December newsletter. Again in the January newsletter. And again this morning. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    estarr31 said:

They did a reminder in the December newsletter. Again in the January newsletter. And again this morning. 
    Guess there will be a 4th on Feb 10.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    wellingtongeewellingtongee New Zealand Posts: 1
    edited January 29
    New Ten Club member here. Does membership get early access to tickets? A code or similar? I want to be ready once the New Zealand tickets are released.
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 197
    Looks like we are almost to the next stage of things. Someone's gonna find a hidden placement page on an arena site in the next week, maybe the json curse strikes again, maybe the greek accidentally posted 'tour on', there's gonna be talk about pending radio station concert announcements that turn out to be nothing related to PJ and eventually after the tour is announced and there are 200+ posts about lotto questions, SHZA will start stretching his fingers and testing his internet speed, getting ready to clean up all the GA's on F2F. 
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 188
    If you booked Tropicana for your hotel for Vegas, I’d look for something else. Tropicana ceasing operations on April 2. 
  • Options
    New Ten Club member here. Does membership get early access to tickets? A code or similar? I want to be ready once the New Zealand tickets are released.
    yes. the announcement email will have all the details. 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,335
    JimmyV said:
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:

I have 435*** from 2008. 
    Mine is 461XXX from 2010. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    blairs1 said:
    If you booked Tropicana for your hotel for Vegas, I’d look for something else. Tropicana ceasing operations on April 2. 
    That means no one could have booked it... they have known for quite a while. I used to go there alot back in the day when it wasn't crap.. used to love the pool. 
    Sad day another old girl getting bulldozed. That stadium is gonna screw with airport traffic big time
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    Spunkie said:
    on2legs said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:

It's tough when people have financial difficulties and it certainly sucks to lose your spot in the club because of it.  But I just want to stick up for the ten club here because I know over the years they have been very forgiving when people have missed their renewal dates and they have allowed people to regain their previous numbers. My best advice would be to contact the ten club if financial difficulties are impacting your ability to renew your membership.  The worst they can say is no.
    Great suggestion! Done ✔️ 
    @Spunkie.. you are spending thousands on trip to Australia and you can't afford renewal? 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,185
    Agree. My instinct still is that they’ll stagger the US and Euro leg announcements. Don’t know many bands who ever announce a global tour on the same day. Just wondering if the first announcement will be on 13th or earlier
This discussion has been closed.