Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    I was thinking there would be a reminder on the 10th if announcement was to be 13th. Getting another reminder midway makes me think it may come earlier now. Seem to be posting more to social media too...surely wouldn't be another 15/16 days of that before announcing
    Yup and with a Hartford hint!!! 
  • Options
    estarr31 said:
    I was thinking there would be a reminder on the 10th if announcement was to be 13th. Getting another reminder midway makes me think it may come earlier now. Seem to be posting more to social media too...surely wouldn't be another 15/16 days of that before announcing
    Do you know this band?  :)

Well I did think 1 reminder would be fine and they were going to squeeze it in before Christmas week yet here we are, so evidently not.
    They did a reminder in the December newsletter. Again in the January newsletter. And again this morning. 

I know. Thought originally 1 be enough, but 4 seems excessive.
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 189
    blairs1 said:
    If you booked Tropicana for your hotel for Vegas, I’d look for something else. Tropicana ceasing operations on April 2. 
    That means no one could have booked it... they have known for quite a while. I used to go there alot back in the day when it wasn't crap.. used to love the pool. 
    Sad day another old girl getting bulldozed. That stadium is gonna screw with airport traffic big time
    They were allowing bookings up to October 2024 as late as last week. Over the weekend they reduced availability to April 1 being the last date to stay. 

They were an available option on EDC site as well.

it was my go-to spot. While it’s been beat down for a while now after the 2009 renovation, I always had a great time there. Will miss it. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    Bunting10 said:
    I would take that Hartford “hint” with an enormous grain of salt. I hope they do play there soon but none of the actual rumors bear that out. 
    Hope I’m wrong but not sure anyone should get their hopes up.
    And I absolutely expect another 2 weeks, that date has been consistent for months even though nobody wants to believe it.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Been too long for Hartford.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    kmcmanus said:
    Bunting10 said:
    I would take that Hartford “hint” with an enormous grain of salt. I hope they do play there soon but none of the actual rumors bear that out. 
    Hope I’m wrong but not sure anyone should get their hopes up.
    And I absolutely expect another 2 weeks, that date has been consistent for months even though nobody wants to believe it.
    You are probably right however back to back Hartford then global citizens hints make me wonder.  
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,976
    Spunkie said:
    on2legs said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:
    Is it typically harder to score Seattle tickets through 10C than other cities? We have traveled several times for PJ shows but haven't done Seattle yet and would like to this time around. We would most likely put in for seats for both nights. Thanks in advance! 
    People were getting Chicago as a 7th pick last year. 

If they get the same amount of tickets and don’t botch the lotto again you should be good with reserved for both nights as your first and second picks. 
    Would depend on the venue though, Chicago’s arena seats more than most arenas do. United Center’s stated concert capacity is 6,000 more than Climate Pledge Arena’s. But still, especially with more shows this year than last, you should be able to get 10C tix for both.
    Now we know why so many people got nose bleed seats! 

I find it interesting that the UC is able to add 2500 seats for a concert vs a hockey game but Climate Pledge can only add 100. 

Back on discussion I guess. Anyone got those Seattle dates locked down?

Yo! Those seats were awful!

I would prefer to see fewer 10C seats but better seat locations...even if that means I miss out on a getting drawn for a show. Waaaayyyy too many 10C in the 300's that could have ended up purchased for face/close to face.

But I don't expect that at all.
    You're telling me that as a member, if I put my name in a draw, they could stick me with the shit tickets. Jesus. Guess it's GA or nothing.
    What’s your membership number? If you’re a relatively new member you might be better off waiting until the lottery and public on sale conclude before attempting on F2F. 
    Oh it's the shits. I renew membership when I feel my voice may contribute to the community.deb1211 said:
    My number sucks since I let it lapse years ago but I just do the lottery and then sell after I score better seats on f2f. Hopefully it keeps working 
    I hear this often. Some of us like Tyler/1ThoughtUnKnown has had housing insecurities over the years, or no/poor credit, making renewals a luxury.

Remember when we used to get names like "Ghosts" when they counted our posts? Maybe the 10 Club administrators/benefacticiaries who have had a financial secure life need to revisit how we value members. Or count when we initially joined, not when we were able to pay?

It's tough when people have financial difficulties and it certainly sucks to lose your spot in the club because of it.  But I just want to stick up for the ten club here because I know over the years they have been very forgiving when people have missed their renewal dates and they have allowed people to regain their previous numbers. My best advice would be to contact the ten club if financial difficulties are impacting your ability to renew your membership.  The worst they can say is no.
    Great suggestion! Done ✔️ 
    @Spunkie.. you are spending thousands on trip to Australia and you can't afford renewal? 
    Not now. At times over last couple decades.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,912
    blairs1 said:
    If you booked Tropicana for your hotel for Vegas, I’d look for something else. Tropicana ceasing operations on April 2. 
    Bummer. I love that place.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,912
    blairs1 said:
    That means no one could have booked it... they have known for quite a while. I used to go there alot back in the day when it wasn't crap.. used to love the pool. 
    Sad day another old girl getting bulldozed. That stadium is gonna screw with airport traffic big time
    When you say "back in the day when it wasn't crap," do you mean before it was completely renovated in the early 2010s? Because it has been a perfectly nice place since then. And it was doing fine until the pandemic hit.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    I hope everyone has updated their membership information...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    Oh man is something cool coming soon? 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I think there's some good stuff on the horizon...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    PJNB said:
    Sounds very imminent to me! 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    steven87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:
    Is it typically harder to score Seattle tickets through 10C than other cities? We have traveled several times for PJ shows but haven't done Seattle yet and would like to this time around. We would most likely put in for seats for both nights. Thanks in advance! 

If they get the same amount of tickets and don’t botch the lotto again you should be good with reserved for both nights as your first and second picks. 
    Would depend on the venue though, Chicago’s arena seats more than most arenas do. United Center’s stated concert capacity is 6,000 more than Climate Pledge Arena’s. But still, especially with more shows this year than last, you should be able to get 10C tix for both.

I find it interesting that the UC is able to add 2500 seats for a concert vs a hockey game but Climate Pledge can only add 100. 

I would prefer to see fewer 10C seats but better seat locations...even if that means I miss out on a getting drawn for a show. Waaaayyyy too many 10C in the 300's that could have ended up purchased for face/close to face.

You're telling me that as a member, if I put my name in a draw, they could stick me with the shit tickets. Jesus. Guess it's GA or nothing.
    What’s your membership number? If you’re a relatively new member you might be better off waiting until the lottery and public on sale conclude before attempting on F2F. 
    Oh it's the shits. I renew membership when I feel my voice may contribute to the community.deb1211 said:
    My number sucks since I let it lapse years ago but I just do the lottery and then sell after I score better seats on f2f. Hopefully it keeps working 
    I hear this often. Some of us like Tyler/1ThoughtUnKnown has had housing insecurities over the years, or no/poor credit, making renewals a luxury.

Remember when we used to get names like "Ghosts" when they counted our posts? Maybe the 10 Club administrators/benefacticiaries who have had a financial secure life need to revisit how we value members. Or count when we initially joined, not when we were able to pay?

I'm in this same boat. Was a member back in 2003, but life got in the way. Rejoined in 2016 (fortunately before the more recent glut of memberships). Now have a 400K number. Got lucky in the Fenway lottery in 2018 and ended up in the 2nd row, but usually our seats aren't great. Decent-but-nothing-special. Got lucky in the "re-lottery" for the postponed 2020 show in Hamilton, but other than that, we're usually on the far side of whatever venue we're in. Been lucky to be in the lower bowl, but still pretty far away.
    Managed to snag a couple of pairs of F2F tickets for the doomed Baltimore show in 2020. That took literal HOURS of refreshing and rushing through the checkout process (and at odd times of day). It all depends on the venue and the date (Baltimore was a tiny venue on a Saturday, with 0 shows in the Boston or Philly area, so demand was pretty high), but it is doable.
    Fair warning, though, if you go secondary market (whatever that looks like) for Fenway, it might be worth taking an extra minute to take a good look at where the seat actually is. There is a non-zero chance you will be directly behind a large steel pole. Fun!
    How do you have a 400k number from 2016? Mine is higher and earlier.  
    I have 435*** from 2008. 
    Mine is 461XXX from 2010. 
    I am also 461XXX from 2010 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,605
    Good stuff on the horizon is the new “big, bold, and free!”
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited January 30
    I think there's some good stuff on the horizon

These are beautiful horizons I had wished to see 😍
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,589
    steven87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mpedone said:
    Spunkie said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Spunkie said:
    PJNB said:
    JD87070 said:
    PJNB said:

I'm in this same boat. Was a member back in 2003, but life got in the way. Rejoined in 2016 (fortunately before the more recent glut of memberships). Now have a 400K number. Got lucky in the Fenway lottery in 2018 and ended up in the 2nd row, but usually our seats aren't great. Decent-but-nothing-special. Got lucky in the "re-lottery" for the postponed 2020 show in Hamilton, but other than that, we're usually on the far side of whatever venue we're in. Been lucky to be in the lower bowl, but still pretty far away.
    Managed to snag a couple of pairs of F2F tickets for the doomed Baltimore show in 2020. That took literal HOURS of refreshing and rushing through the checkout process (and at odd times of day). It all depends on the venue and the date (Baltimore was a tiny venue on a Saturday, with 0 shows in the Boston or Philly area, so demand was pretty high), but it is doable.
    Fair warning, though, if you go secondary market (whatever that looks like) for Fenway, it might be worth taking an extra minute to take a good look at where the seat actually is. There is a non-zero chance you will be directly behind a large steel pole. Fun!
    How do you have a 400k number from 2016? Mine is higher and earlier.  
    I have 435*** from 2008. 
    Mine is 461XXX from 2010. 
    442xxx from 2009
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    confirmed
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I think there's some good stuff on the horizon

These are beautiful horizons I had wished to see 😍
    Very beautiful indeed.

Good stuff.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,535
    BF25394 said:
    blairs1 said:
    When you say "back in the day when it wasn't crap," do you mean before it was completely renovated in the early 2010s? Because it has been a perfectly nice place since then. And it was doing fine until the pandemic hit.
    I used to go there in the 90s and 2000s... loved the pool. Yes it's been nice since renovating..I stayed there one night when EV and Earthlings played across street and it was ok. 
  • Options
    edited January 30

Painted Shield has a nice horizon on their Transector video, too ❤️ 
  • Options
    edited January 30
    BF25394 said:
    blairs1 said:
    I used to go there in the 90s and 2000s... loved the pool. Yes it's been nice since renovating..I stayed there one night when EV and Earthlings played across street and it was ok. 
    I made a friend who went to see the Vegas show with the Earthlings (as did I).

She got these pics including Mrs. Mills Disco Neon Globe (from AW)

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,549
    Looks like we are almost to the next stage of things. Someone's gonna find a hidden placement page on an arena site in the next week, maybe the json curse strikes again, maybe the greek accidentally posted 'tour on', there's gonna be talk about pending radio station concert announcements that turn out to be nothing related to PJ and eventually after the tour is announced and there are 200+ posts about lotto questions, SHZA will start stretching his fingers and testing his internet speed, getting ready to clean up all the GA's on F2F. 
    *cracks knuckles*

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    Forgive me if this has already been discussed. And I realize that very few people chose to take refunds on their Noblesville tickets from last year. But I know that some did. Do you think there's any chance in hell that there'll be another lottery for those limited tickets that were returned?
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,226
    edited January 30
    Forgive me if this has already been discussed. And I realize that very few people chose to take refunds on their Noblesville tickets from last year. But I know that some did. Do you think there's any chance in hell that there'll be another lottery for those limited tickets that were returned?
    A lottery would be nice for the fans that put in and didn't win. I'm thinking the refunded tickets gets will be a public sale.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,041
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    unfortunally we have to wait until feb 13 it seems.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Wait, people were already given the option of a refund for Noblesville? 
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,765
    edited January 30
    on2legs said:
    Good stuff on the horizon is the new “big, bold, and free!”
    I’m still waiting! Haven’t heard from that birdy in a while though…
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    Hopefully the 10c ticket sale goes a little cleaner this time. Would love for a GA only option to return.
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    edited January 30
    Sarava said:
    Hopefully the 10c ticket sale goes a little cleaner this time. Would love for a GA only option to return.
    Me too, but I think it won't 
This discussion has been closed.