Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,896
    edited January 21
    Considering that the typical PJ fan is now about 50 years old, I suspect these issues will only worsen as the years continue to pass. 
    What you're saying is that the PJ demographic is entering the years of uneven flow.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    They just played even flow going to commercial for the Ravens game.  I imagine most of you on this thread must have reflexively headed to the bathroom immediately. 
    I peed in my pint glass so I wouldn’t miss anything.  ;)
    If we do Vegas together I’m so peeing in your pint glass 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 680
    BF25394 said:
    Considering that the typical PJ fan is now about 50 years old, I suspect these issues will only worsen as the years continue to pass. 
    What you're saying is that the PJ demographic is entering the years of uneven flow.
    Off He Goes Around The Bend...
    (I shouldn't encourage you guys!)
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    Sooooo....yeah, how about those tour dates? I'm really curious what they will do with those Seattle dates.
    Why exactly do we think they’re being moved. I know someone suggested that was the case, but was there ever a reason they gave or a source of any kind? 
    I cannot recall who first mentioned it, but the idea of it was confirmed by "Mike McCready." At least that there could be changes to the Seattle dates. Unclear if that means they are shifted by a day or two or the possibility of doing 1 SEA show leg 1 and the 2nd SEA show leg 2. 

Also mentioned was a very small rehearsal show MAYBE, but unlikely something us normal folks would have a chance of getting into.
    Bummer. Definitely throws a wrench into the plan but oh well. The one time I bother to book rooms ahead of time 😅 so blame me, if I wouldn’t have booked anything, nothing would’ve changed 
    I wasn't planning on SEA shows at all...but if they move 1 between Vancouver and Portland, that changes things.

And IF they were to do the Gorge, I'd have to give that serious consideration as well. It's already difficult enough thinking about missing another Missoula show. 

At any rate, damn you @tylermoore
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    They just played even flow going to commercial for the Ravens game.  I imagine most of you on this thread must have reflexively headed to the bathroom immediately. 
    I peed in my pint glass so I wouldn’t miss anything.  ;)
    If we do Vegas together I’m so peeing in your pint glass 
    So it begins. lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Ahahhahahahhahahhah. This is one of the greatest lines ever in any thread. 

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,598
    BF25394 said:
    This is where psyllium comes in.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,680
    Sooooo....yeah, how about those tour dates? I'm really curious what they will do with those Seattle dates.
    Agreed.  Geographically and chronologically May 8 would make sense if the Van and PDX dates are right.  
    Not the case. Seattle will end the leg.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    100 Pacer said:
    Agreed.  Geographically and chronologically May 8 would make sense if the Van and PDX dates are right.  
    Someone was saying the Seattle dates would be split up, one at the end and one closer to the beginning.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,680
    100 Pacer said:
    Someone was saying the Seattle dates would be split up, one at the end and one closer to the beginning.  
    There’s the club show in Seattle up in the air before Vancouver so perhaps that’s where the confusion stems from?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,896
    BF25394 said:
    This is where psyllium comes in.
    Fiber shrinks the prostate?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    There’s the club show in Seattle up in the air before Vancouver so perhaps that’s where the confusion stems from?

https://community.pearljam.com/post/quote/297665/Comment_7781424

And

https://community.pearljam.com/post/quote/297665/Comment_7781408

• Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 631
    100 Pacer said:
    Seattle, when played, almost always starts a leg or ends it. I would think the gear for tours starts and ends there, so it always made sense to me that Seattle would end this leg regardless of the tour path. Facemeltor’s comments do make things a little unstable.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    100 Pacer said:
    Seattle, when played, almost always starts a leg or ends it. I would think the gear for tours starts and ends there, so it always made sense to me that Seattle would end this leg regardless of the tour path. Facemeltor’s comments do make things a little unstable.
    I'm hoping they end with at least one show in Seattle during the last week - I've got travel plans I'd have to unwind if not. 

I did see that RHCP were playing the Gorge that Friday, though, with nothing scheduled for Saturday. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they decided to have a RHCP - PJ weekend. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    Why are they fools? Parroting what people here have been saying for a long time
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    Zod said:
    It baffles me that people struggle with the bathroom break issue, when logicially, the solution is stop drinking fluids an hour or two before the show starts.
    No struggle, Jeremy or Daughter
    Nah it's black over Jeremy.  Black is overplayed and didn't age well.  Just a whiney boy crying over a girl.  Things just aren't that way as you get older. Song is super cringe now. Like you just want to yell at the guy to not be a lil bitch and man up.

The next girl is hotter than the last.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Zod said:
    It baffles me that people struggle with the bathroom break issue, when logicially, the solution is stop drinking fluids an hour or two before the show starts.
    No struggle, Jeremy or Daughter
    Nah it's black over Jeremy.  Black is overplayed and didn't age well.  Just a whiney boy crying over a girl.  Things just aren't that way as you get older. Song is super cringe now. Like you just want to yell at the guy to not be a lil bitch and man up.
    Black is possibly the most poetic and beautiful "loved and lost" song ever written. Regardless if its relevant at one's current stage of life. Its a classic.

I certainly understand preferring something else, since we've had many opportunities to hear it, over the years.

This is also true.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

They say they're waiting for the announcement.

They're better than the NBC Chicago site that ran with the random blog "Pearl Jam Announces Tour."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,600
    Maybe AI written articles aren’t as good as people thought they might be. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,407
    BF25394 said:
    I was hit with violent stomach cramps on my way into the parking lot for the 1997 Tibetan Freedom Concert at Randall's Island in New York (where Ed and Mike made a surprise appearance). I had no choice but to run to the Porta-Potty as soon as we parked the car. I made the mistake of looking down into the pit. I still haven't recovered from the trauma.
    This might be the post of the year and people just scrolled past like nothing happened

As a runner, I know better than to look down, and I've learned to not be overly fastidious about these things.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,407
    Malroth said:
    tdawe said:
    What I do is, I have as many drinks before and at the show as I want to, and then I pee when I have to pee. 
    Same. It’s a great technique.

if i did this id miss half the show. something isnt right down there somewhere

... well, we're talking about an aging, mostly male, fanbase, so I think you're more the norm than you think.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options

They say they're waiting for the announcement.

They're better than the NBC Chicago site that ran with the random blog "Pearl Jam Announces Tour."
    Oh brother... give it a break.. nothing confirmed anywhere yet
  • Options
    https://www.instagram.com/pearljam/p/BeOKjwnHrFY/

6 years ago today they were teasing the home shows…
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,310
    https://www.instagram.com/pearljam/p/BeOKjwnHrFY/

6 years ago today they were teasing the home shows…
    4 years ago they teased us with snippet of DOTC for midnight release
  • Options
    Just about every article they write they grab from someone else's article or social media comment and post away. Not the best of news outlets. Not one to go and find the news so to say, they're chasing others so to say. 
  • Options
    philp33philp33 Posts: 16
    edited January 22
    This is a reputable publication written by a well established local entertainment columnist who I'm sure has a connection or two at MGM. He is pretty certain they are hitting Vegas for at least one show on the 16th. He clearly alludes at the end that the MGM Grand is verified. Just not the Sphere rumor.
    Post edited by philp33 on
  • Options
    philp33 said:
    This is a reputable publication written by a well established local entertainment columnist who I'm sure has a connection or two at MGM. He is pretty certain they are hitting Vegas for at least one show on the 16th. He clearly alludes at the end that the MGM Grand is verified. Just not the Sphere rumor.
    Agree.. I'm not the one that called them Fools...
  • Options
    philp33philp33 Posts: 16
    philp33 said:
    My bad...I shouldn't have quote-replied to you.
  • Options
    philp33 said:
    philp33 said:
    My bad...I shouldn't have quote-replied to you.
    Yes.. read the whole thing please
This discussion has been closed.