Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,896
    Can we move on to #2 situations?  
    Aside from festivals, I'm pretty sure I've never had to take a shit at any of the hundreds and hundreds of gigs I've attended over the years. 
    I was hit with violent stomach cramps on my way into the parking lot for the 1997 Tibetan Freedom Concert at Randall's Island in New York (where Ed and Mike made a surprise appearance). I had no choice but to run to the Porta-Potty as soon as we parked the car. I made the mistake of looking down into the pit. I still haven't recovered from the trauma.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 680
    edited January 20
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 680
    edited January 20
    Zod said:
    It baffles me that people struggle with the bathroom break issue, when logicially, the solution is stop drinking fluids an hour or two before the show starts.
    No struggle, Jeremy or Daughter
    Nah it's black over Jeremy.  Black is overplayed and didn't age well.  Just a whiney boy crying over a girl.  Things just aren't that way as you get older. Song is super cringe now. Like you just want to yell at the guy to not be a lil bitch and man up.
    Black is possibly the most poetic and beautiful "loved and lost" song ever written. Regardless if its relevant at one's current stage of life. Its a classic.

I certainly understand preferring something else, since we've had many opportunities to hear it, over the years.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,310
    Zod said:
    It baffles me that people struggle with the bathroom break issue, when logicially, the solution is stop drinking fluids an hour or two before the show starts.
    No struggle, Jeremy or Daughter
    Nah it's black over Jeremy.  Black is overplayed and didn't age well.  Just a whiney boy crying over a girl.  Things just aren't that way as you get older. Song is super cringe now. Like you just want to yell at the guy to not be a lil bitch and man up.
    Black is possibly the most poetic and beautiful "loved and lost" song ever written. Regardless if its relevant at one's current stage of life. Its a classic.

I certainly understand preferring something else, since we've had many opportunities to hear it, over the years.
    I have found Black hypnotic and beautiful everytime. Mikes solo in Austin had me in awe
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Go Animal said:
    Btw, the best pee breaks:
    - GtF: because no one else is really going
    - Porch: when you absolutely have to go, and know you've got time for a deuce
    - Crazy Mary (outro) : love ya, Boom - but I gotta WHIZ

Crazy mary yes.  GTF and porch are two of their greatest live songs, so a big hell no to peeing during those songs.  

There has been one time when I left at the beginning strains of Porch. We had aisle seats, so it was easy. I quickly got to the ladies room, quickly returned, and still caught 80% of the song.

Timing is SO important, and, it also depends on what the previous song was.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    What I'm hearing is they need to play 2 minutes of waterfall audio before launching into Leash
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    What I do is, I have as many drinks before and at the show as I want to, and then I pee when I have to pee. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    tdawe said:
    What I do is, I have as many drinks before and at the show as I want to, and then I pee when I have to pee. 
    My man! (Or woman)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 944
    BF25394 said:
    I was hit with violent stomach cramps on my way into the parking lot for the 1997 Tibetan Freedom Concert at Randall's Island in New York (where Ed and Mike made a surprise appearance). I had no choice but to run to the Porta-Potty as soon as we parked the car. I made the mistake of looking down into the pit. I still haven't recovered from the trauma.
    This might be the post of the year and people just scrolled past like nothing happened
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    To the person who started the discussion about going to the bathroom while in the show, I say Mind Your Manners.  

I mean, be a Better Man.  Why Go? It doesn’t matter if it’s a Force of Nature.  You’re not in a Garden or Oceans.  It’s not Glorified P.  You might show Indifference but if anyone sees you you’ll have to make a Last Exit, go In Hiding and you would definitely have had your Last Kiss.

And for the person who brought up #2, keep your Evacuation to yourself or you better check your RVM for some Footsteps and Sirens as you make your Quick Escape. 

The End.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,310
    To the person who started the discussion about going to the bathroom while in the show, I say Mind Your Manners.  

I mean, be a Better Man.  Why Go? It doesn’t matter if it’s a Force of Nature.  You’re not in a Garden or Oceans.  It’s not Glorified P.  You might show Indifference but if anyone sees you you’ll have to make a Last Exit, go In Hiding and you would definitely have had your Last Kiss.

And for the person who brought up #2, keep your Evacuation to yourself or you better check your RVM for some Footsteps and Sirens as you make your Quick Escape. 

The End.
    Now that's talent
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,296
    tdawe said:
    Same. It’s a great technique.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,490
    tdawe said:
    Same. It’s a great technique.

if i did this id miss half the show. something isnt right down there somewhere
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,600
    They just played even flow going to commercial for the Ravens game.  I imagine most of you on this thread must have reflexively headed to the bathroom immediately. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    on2legs said:
    They just played even flow going to commercial for the Ravens game.  I imagine most of you on this thread must have reflexively headed to the bathroom immediately. 
    I peed in my pint glass so I wouldn’t miss anything.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 291
    If only Last Kiss was a little longer, that'd be the time do it. But if it's a quick piss you could probably make it. 

When I was GA in St Paul I just drank enough to get a buzz and went like three times right before. I made it to the end, but it was starting to get painful. But I wasn't about to give up my spot.

Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    Considering that the typical PJ fan is now about 50 years old, I suspect these issues will only worsen as the years continue to pass. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,600
    edited January 21
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Lol. 

Something tells me Mrs McGruff ain’t putting up with that!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Oh, you quit drinking wine with ice?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

The End.
    You Are an Animal! To the Porch you Go! In this Society, it is Guaranteed that if I need to Release, then I will, be it Black, Red or Yellow. You Can't Deny Me. Hopefully there is no Blood but if so, make your Getaway because there is No Way I can Hold On.
  • Options

The End.
    You Are an Animal! To the Porch you Go! In this Society, it is Guaranteed that if I need to Release, then I will, be it Black, Red or Yellow. You Can't Deny Me. Hopefully there is no Blood but if so, make your Getaway because there is No Way I can Hold On.
    Smile ^
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options

The End.
    Smile ^
    I Got Shit
  • Options
    Sooooo....yeah, how about those tour dates? I'm really curious what they will do with those Seattle dates.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Lol. 

Something tells me Mrs McGruff ain’t putting up with that!
    She’d kill me lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Sooooo....yeah, how about those tour dates? I'm really curious what they will do with those Seattle dates.
    Agreed.  Geographically and chronologically May 8 would make sense if the Van and PDX dates are right.  

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Why exactly do we think they’re being moved. I know someone suggested that was the case, but was there ever a reason they gave or a source of any kind? 
  • Options
    Why exactly do we think they’re being moved. I know someone suggested that was the case, but was there ever a reason they gave or a source of any kind? 
    I think the same person who gave the dates in the first place has indicated the likely change.  

• Options
    Agreed.  Geographically and chronologically May 8 would make sense if the Van and PDX dates are right.  
    Agreed. Once it was mentioned that they may split the 2 SEA shows up, and then the Gorge was as least mentioned (not by either of the very reliable sources) as a possibility, I could want to alter my plans entirely. That's a big "IF" though.
  • Options
    edited January 21
    I cannot recall who first mentioned it, but the idea of it was confirmed by "Mike McCready." At least that there could be changes to the Seattle dates. Unclear if that means they are shifted by a day or two or the possibility of doing 1 SEA show leg 1 and the 2nd SEA show leg 2. 

Also mentioned was a very small rehearsal show MAYBE, but unlikely something us normal folks would have a chance of getting into.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    I cannot recall who first mentioned it, but the idea of it was confirmed by "Mike McCready." At least that there could be changes to the Seattle dates. Unclear if that means they are shifted by a day or two or the possibility of doing 1 SEA show leg 1 and the 2nd SEA show leg 2. 

Also mentioned was a very small rehearsal show MAYBE, but unlikely something us normal folks would have a chance of getting into.
    Bummer. Definitely throws a wrench into the plan but oh well. The one time I bother to book rooms ahead of time 😅 so blame me, if I wouldn’t have booked anything, nothing would’ve changed 
This discussion has been closed.