The Setlist

12345679»

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    pjhawks said:
    Get_Right said:
    Nice research on these JBob87:
    13 songs were in this group in both 2022 and 2016 (Alive, Even Flow, Porch, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Small Town, Given to Fly, Daughter, Better Man, Jeremy, Why Go, Black, Yellow Ledbetter).

I would love a show without any of these being played, but that is because I am old and been to a few shows. Totally agree with everyone's comments on variety over length. 
    A show with none of these would suck.  
    I feel that they used to break it up a little more when it came to the "hits.". Looking back at circa 2003-2010, and it wasn't the case for literally every show, but for the most part, it seemed like Alive, Even Flow, Corduroy and Do the Evolution were the only "every show" songs. Then, it seemed like they picked from pools of songs. So for example, choose two or three out of Small Town, Black, Daughter, Given To Fly and Better Man. For set closers, it seemed like Porch OR Rearviewmirror were the main choices. Then from there, fill out the setlist from more pools. So we went through "hits," now lets go a tier below that and choose two or three from Animal, Go, Last Exit, Deep, Not For You, and Blood. Then a Binaural song there, maybe a Riot Act song here, a surprise b-side, something from Vitalogy/No Code/Yield that I haven't listed, a cover that nobody wants to hear, and fill out the rest with songs from whatever the current album is. 

It does make for a better experience for the common fan to see all of those "hits" though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    pjhawks said:
    Get_Right said:
    13 songs were in this group in both 2022 and 2016 (Alive, Even Flow, Porch, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Small Town, Given to Fly, Daughter, Better Man, Jeremy, Why Go, Black, Yellow Ledbetter).

I would love a show without any of these being played, but that is because I am old and been to a few shows. Totally agree with everyone's comments on variety over length. 
    I feel that they used to break it up a little more when it came to the "hits.". Looking back at circa 2003-2010, and it wasn't the case for literally every show, but for the most part, it seemed like Alive, Even Flow, Corduroy and Do the Evolution were the only "every show" songs. Then, it seemed like they picked from pools of songs. So for example, choose two or three out of Small Town, Black, Daughter, Given To Fly and Better Man. For set closers, it seemed like Porch OR Rearviewmirror were the main choices. Then from there, fill out the setlist from more pools. So we went through "hits," now lets go a tier below that and choose two or three from Animal, Go, Last Exit, Deep, Not For You, and Blood. Then a Binaural song there, maybe a Riot Act song here, a surprise b-side, something from Vitalogy/No Code/Yield that I haven't listed, a cover that nobody wants to hear, and fill out the rest with songs from whatever the current album is. 

And here I am thinking that it's only me. 
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 400
    edited July 2022
    We all love this band. Feeling a way about a sudden change in length of show is perfectly fine. I find it odd as well but it is what it is. I can only think due to this being one of the longest tours of their existence along with all pushing close to 60 has something to do with it. Ed's vocals I'm sure has something to do with it. 

P.S. The folks on here that feel the need to attack an opinion of another fan on set length need to reevaluate themselves. It's an opinion of a rock band and their concert not life and death... geez
    Post edited by PJ5a1 on
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    pjhawks said:
    Get_Right said:

And here I am thinking that it's only me. 
    I'm all for the "classic" PJ covers of Baba, Rockin', Sonic Reducer, and Leaving Here (though that doesn't get played much these days). But the rest I could live without. One in particular that I couldn't stand was Comfortably Numb. Great song of course, and PJ played it fine I guess, but I just didn't want to hear it from them. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 297
    edited July 2022
    PJ5a1 said:
    We all love this band. Feeling a way about a sudden change in length of show is perfectly fine. I find it odd as well but it is what it is. I can only think due to this being one of the longest tours of their existence along with all pushing close to 60 has something to do with it. Ed's vocals I'm sure has something to do with it. 

P.S. The folks on here that feel the need to attack an opinion of another fan on set length need to reevaluate themselves. It's an opinion of a rock band and their concert not life and death... geez
    One of the longest tours of their existence. Huh? It’s 35 or so shows spread out over 5 months. I’d take that work schedule anyday
    Post edited by Haijay on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    PJ5a1 said:

Yeah, I don't get that either
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited July 2022
    I have been to 17 shows. If I would have gone to every show so far in 2022 (15 shows) I would have seen 7 new songs with two of those from the new album. 

I got Shit
    Retrograde 
    Alright
    Glorified G 
    WMA in full. 
    Untitled 
    Bee Girl 

I have seen 123 Pearl Jam songs so far. I knew getting new songs would dry up after awhile but its pretty crazy to see it happen like this. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    PJNB said:
    I have been to 17 shows. If I would have gone to every show so far in 2022 (15 shows) I would have seen 7 new songs with two of those from the new album. 

I got Shit
    Retrograde 
    Alright
    Glorified G 
    WMA in full. 
    Untitled 
    Bee Girl 

I have seen 123 Pearl Jam songs so far. I knew getting new songs would dry up after awhile but its pretty crazy to see it happen like this. 
    I haven't seen them since 2018, so the 11 Gigaton songs they have played would all be new. Beyond that, I would have gotten five new PJ songs and 6 new covers.

PJ:

Untitled
    MFC
    Love Boat Captain
    Wash
    Don't Gimme No Lip

Covers:

Street Fighting Man
    Rain
    Cold Day In The Sun
    Leaving Here
    Throw Your Hatred Down
    Purple Rain

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    It has been 1,418 days since Pilate has been played 
    That is white whale along with Tremor Christ. I have 5 opportunities to see them
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    No Way hasn’t appeared on a setlist in eight years. Am I alone in my desire to hear this one? Ok, I’ll stop trying to make a difference. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    No Way hasn’t appeared on a setlist in eight years. Am I alone in my desire to hear this one? Ok, I’ll stop trying to make a difference. 
    You are not alone, my friend! We are in this together. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • MH166490MH166490 Posts: 1
    Is this really a mystery? Ed’s voice is cracking from song one on half the last tour’s bootlegs and he’s leaning into vocal shortcuts to save his voice. Dude is almost 60. He can’t do 3 hour shows at peak performance. That’s not a criticism. He’s trying to balance quality and quantity.