What’s up with Fresno?

Comments

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,814
    edited May 2022
    One week away from Fresno-Eve and it looks like more entire lower bowl rows just opened up

This is going to be such an interesting night.  I have no clue what to expect.

Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901

One week away from Fresno-Eve

This is going to be such an interesting night.  I have no clue what to expect.

We’re getting an album.

Long Road into I Got Shit.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    As dumb is this may sound I am super disappointed in this town of hillbillies. You think a town that has nothing going on ever, would be hungry for a band like Pearl Jam and to see the ticket sales the way they are, it’s a shame. I hope those who come, bring it. I know the band will. Can’t wait to see you all there. LFG!!!!!! 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    As dumb is this may sound I am super disappointed in this town of hillbillies. You think a town that has nothing going on ever, would be hungry for a band like Pearl Jam and to see the ticket sales the way they are, it’s a shame. I hope those who come, bring it. I know the band will. Can’t wait to see you all there. LFG!!!!!! 
    Hard times for a lot of people in Cali. It’s the sign of the times. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Fresno is smack in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley, a valley so big you can see it from space.  There are no hillbillies there because there are no hills.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
    Fresno is smack in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley, a valley so big you can see it from space.  There are no hillbillies there because there are no hills.
    Fair enough. Lol
  • UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    As stated before, reminds me of Salt Lake in 2009.  Back of the arena was empty and the whole arena was not more than 60% full.  The fewer fans and the band brought it and it ended up being an amazing show and great bootleg.  Hope you folks going to Fresno get something special!
  • I wonder when they drop the PJ premium prices....day of the show?  Couple of days before...?  This is like a consumer game of chicken with TM....
    See you all a week from today. Look for me. I’m the Brad Pitt in his Fight Club prime shape bizzaro world version guy. Can’t fucking wait!!! 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    I wonder when they drop the PJ premium prices....day of the show?  Couple of days before...?  This is like a consumer game of chicken with TM....

Makes no sense that Premium is even a thing for Fresno... I would think they would drop the uppers to 69 bucks and all the lowers including premium to standard ... When F2F GA tickets last for hours, premiums will not move, I wonder if the pricing model has lead to lower tickets sales and to some of the open seats we see. 
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,986
    UtahBolt said:
    As stated before, reminds me of Salt Lake in 2009.  Back of the arena was empty and the whole arena was not more than 60% full.  The fewer fans and the band brought it and it ended up being an amazing show and great bootleg.  Hope you folks going to Fresno get something specia
    UtahBolt said:
    As stated before, reminds me of Salt Lake in 2009.  Back of the arena was empty and the whole arena was not more than 60% full.  The fewer fans and the band brought it and it ended up being an amazing show and great bootleg.  Hope you folks going to Fresno get something special!

Got the opener I had hoped (and campaigned for on here) for my daughter.

Of the Girl, and the show just got better from there!

Sad I cant somehow swing Fresno.  Will be even more sad if they do an entire acoustic show/Benny2.  No amps needed for so few to hear every chord, and every nuance of Eds voice...
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Looking at what's still available for this show, I am really considering making the drive up from LA for this show.. Worth it? 
    Looking at what's still available for this show, I am really considering making the drive up from LA for this show.. Worth it? 
    It’s Pearl Jam. It’s always worth it. 

And I’m speaking from experience. We usually have to drive to La or San Fran for a show. And will be driving to Sacramento. It’s fucking Pearl Jam. Hope that helps your decision. 🤘🏽🤘🏽
  • Looking at what's still available for this show, I am really considering making the drive up from LA for this show.. Worth it? 

And I’m speaking from experience. We usually have to drive to La or San Fran for a show. And will be driving to Sacramento. It’s fucking Pearl Jam. Hope that helps your decision. 🤘🏽🤘🏽
    True, that is worth it. Nothing wrong with another show added to the list. Just the drive up and back is annoying alone. LOL
    Looking at what's still available for this show, I am really considering making the drive up from LA for this show.. Worth it? 

True, that is worth it. Nothing wrong with another show added to the list. Just the drive up and back is annoying alone. LOL
    Do it! I’m landing at LAX at 11pm, renting a car, and hitting the road solo straight to Fresno. Coffee before lining up for merch.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • 100 Pacer said:

Do it! I’m landing at LAX at 11pm, renting a car, and hitting the road solo straight to Fresno. Coffee before lining up for merch.
    I could leave later, since I got all the merch I need from the LA shows.. Unless the Fresno shirt is better than what they had for LA.
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    They might as well cover George Harrison's "Dark Horse" !!
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
          Fresno could be memorable-   
        May 15th's (& May 16th, depending where one is located, when lookin' up)  total lunar eclipse- it's a super blood moon, full flower moon- so perhaps the moon will be beautiful, and fat full May 16 - also? )

Allow for extra travel time & extra drive time, remain flexible.
     (  Confirm your reservations...or don't. Have your funds amassed & secure today.  Just that ding-dong "retrograde mercury" phase -Tues. May 10- through June 3, or 4th-makes me say that extra time thingy, & a plan b, and c...Lol, & no lol ).

Fresno seems (IS, imo) a far vehicle drive from the major airports- I don't know what's the deal w/ not enough flights to/ too much $!$ to fly into FAT Fresno Airport from wherever/ or too much of a hassle-not sure.
           I wouldn't call it a scenic drive much at all on hwy 99.  Still,  worth it, to see Pearl Jam.  
            Blessings & all travel +  mercies to everyone! 
  • elcazador83elcazador83 Posts: 100
    Need your thoughts. I am buying into this Fresno hype and jonesing for a show. Flights from my area (Atlanta, Nashville, Birmingham) to Fresno are stupid expensive so I am trying to get creative. This is where I am at and am I nuts for this plan?

Atlanta to Vegas on frontier Sunday pm( I absolutely hate them) 131$
    Rental Car from Vegas to Fresno, 110$. Puts me on a six hour drive day of show
    Day after Fresno to Vegas 34$ on frontier
    Vegas to Atlanta direct delta 309$.

Looking at 600$ for travel. Throw in two nights hotel and a concert ticket...900$?

Does this seem like a legit idea or plan? I am trying to justify it.
    PS if you have any other suggestions, let me know

• Atlanta to Vegas on frontier Sunday pm( I absolutely hate them) 131$

Is it any cheaper to fly into LA or Burbank, rather than Vegas? It's only a 4'ish hour drive from LA or Burbank to Fresno. I saw someone in one of the other sub forums leaving from Burbank offering rides if you REALLY wanna do it.. .
  • Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 136
    100 Pacer said:

I could leave later, since I got all the merch I need from the LA shows.. Unless the Fresno shirt is better than what they had for LA.
    Fresno T is a must have!!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    Need your thoughts. I am buying into this Fresno hype and jonesing for a show. Flights from my area (Atlanta, Nashville, Birmingham) to Fresno are stupid expensive so I am trying to get creative. This is where I am at and am I nuts for this plan?

Looking at 600$ for travel. Throw in two nights hotel and a concert ticket...900$?

Just do it!!!! If the show sucks i lll buy you a beer at the next show we are at together.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • jninejnine Posts: 43

The drop off fee on that rental car is probably going to be brutal.  I'd fly into LA or Sacramento.  Much better drive than across the desert.

• BganttBgantt Posts: 21
    What do you guys think the GA line will be like for Fresno considering it's going to be 100 degrees out? think people will line up super early?
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,986

Book it.

It might just be all acoustic.  Benny 2 in the making.  No amps needed for so few fans.  And free beer!

Just wish I could book it too.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    Bgantt said:
    What do you guys think the GA line will be like for Fresno considering it's going to be 100 degrees out? think people will line up super early?
    Are you trying for rail?

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Fresno is not PJs typical demographic. Ain’t no hills like another said.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    100 Pacer said:
    Bgantt said:
    Are you trying for rail?
    I think people that showed up after 9am got rail in PHX. I think it will be even easier for Fresno. 
    edited May 2022
    Fresno is not PJs typical demographic. Ain’t no hills like another said.
    Actually I grew up in the meth infested hills around Fresno. And with the fires and meth war ragin a lot of those hillbillies have migrated to Fresno so I will stand by my initial assessment of the shit hole town. 

Ex corrupt racist Police Chief turned Mayor Dyer is King Hillbilly.

Fresno still doesn’t have one legal
    walk in dispensary though they have been approved for 14 for two years. Even Bakersfield, Tulare, Lemoore, Hanford and numerous other towns do. Plenty of bars and “massage” parlors though. 

Fresno is the shit covered butthole of California. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
  • elcazador83elcazador83 Posts: 100
    Sacramento is the easier trip to swing for me but that isn't Fresno. Ugh. Any of you know Sacramento? Is staying five or six blocks from the arena safe to walk?