Options

Fan to Fan Ticket Exchange

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    JojoRice said:
    How long has it been since PJ hasn't sold out an arena show here in the US?  I'm guessing 2013/2014?  I have a feeling that streak will end next month in California. I know the 2016 arena shows sold out in minutes if not seconds. 
    It is somewhat relative.  We only have 2013-14 and 2016 to choose from.  They have not played in an arena in the US since 2016.  

There are a lot of factors going on right now.

1. the ticket process from those two tours to now is markedly different.
    2. the market conditions from those two tours to now is markedly different.
    3. they announced these rescheduled dates very late, so anyone with plans in May was not going to be doing the May leg.
    4. a not insignificant number of people are not willing to travel nor go to shows just yet coming out of the last two years.
    5. unless someone has money to light on fire why would you buy a premium tickets before the fan to fan opens. 

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    JojoRice said:
    How long has it been since PJ hasn't sold out an arena show here in the US?  I'm guessing 2013/2014?  I have a feeling that streak will end next month in California. I know the 2016 arena shows sold out in minutes if not seconds. 
    Tulsa 2014 had entire upper level sections empty (not behind stage)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    pistol3pistol3 CO Posts: 159
    cmalisze said:
    Did it open up this late for the EV shows?  Tour starts in 3 weeks… crazy…
    If I recall correctly, they didn't open until around 2 weeks before 
    And that's when they drop the prices of the unbought "PJ Premium" below regular face value so fans are stuck holding the bag. It's really great! 
    Haha, we are so lucky.
    VA Beach 8/3/00, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, St. Paul 6/16/03, East Troy 6/21/03, The Gorge 7/22/06, 7/23/06, Chicago 8/23/09, KC 5/3/10, St. Louis 5/4/10, Dublin 6/22/10, Belfast 6/23/10, London 6/25/10, EV Minneapolis 7/2/11, EV Tulsa 11/18/12, Chicago 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Pemberton 7/17/16, Missoula 8/13/18, San Diego 5/3/22, Denver 9/22/22, Sacramento 5/13/24, LA 5/21/24
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,659
    Nothing much to add that hasn't been said already....but I find it pretty amazing that there are actually people on this board who are trying to explain/justify the f2f not being opened up yet.

I dont care enough to look into all of the fine print regarding ticket sales for this tour, but I suspect it was conveniently worded in a way to allow ticketmaster to block f2f sales as long as they choose, so long as the option is available at some point before the given show starts. They could probably wait until the day of if they want. Illegal, no. Unethical, extremely.
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,190
    SD is 3 weeks away and there are 40 PJ Premium seats available ... start the fan to fan for Fuks Sake

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    It is definitely a bit ridiculous at this point, well after all the ticket sales dates have passed.  No communication even.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    It is definitely a bit ridiculous at this point, well after all the ticket sales dates have passed.  No communication even.
    This should be the "No Communication Tour" ... Gutted, Unfulfilled, No Communication, ...the new cover song is RHCP - Californication 

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,988
    SD is 3 weeks away and there are 40 PJ Premium seats available ... start the fan to fan for Fuks Sake

Exactly!  I need the F2F to open up so that I can try to grab some LA2 tickets. I currently have some tickets behind the stage but I'd like to try and "upgrade" if possible. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    This should be the "No Communication Tour" ... Gutted, Unfulfilled, No Communication, ...the new cover song is RHCP - Californication 

Don't forget Waitlisted

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,881
    The tickets sales for this tour have been ridiculously inept. Locking everything behind Verified Fan, then unlocking it with no announcement (and LA remaining locked for no reason). Working with TicketMaster to sell Platinum seats and for some reason calling them "Pearl Jam Premium". Announcing there would be F2F, not telling anyone an actual date, and then waiting so long with no word that many people aren't even going to know/care when it opens. This has just been bad.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    They sold out, but there were chunks of empty seats in Tampa. My guess is that a lot of tickets ended up in the hands of resellers and didn't get moved. So, technically sell-outs, but not packed arenas.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Organizing the ticket lottery for refunded 10c seats was remarkable and they deserve credit for that. But beyond that many of the criticisms are valid. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Im sitting on PHX  GA( cant attend.. promised to another 10C to do a late nite drop) Sitting on OAK 2 GA- same as PHX, except I have seats just behind GA.. but I still need to move them - promised to someone. and I have SD ...but someone said they would drop their better seats in exchange for me dropping OAK GA.. .. they are sitting on fans money, and to only give 7 days for refund is insane.. If I had know f2f would be like this I would have just asked for refunds... 
  • Options
    and if they had communicated all this, im sure they would have more 10c seats refunded to sell premium ...LOL 

• Options
    edited April 2022
    and if they had communicated all this, im sure they would have more 10c seats refunded to sell premium ...LOL 

Yeah, its double dipping.  Have all of the Premium seats you want, whatever.  But don't promise a Fan 2 Fan to sell more 10c tickets and then keep the F2F locked away until last minute.
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options

People were warned that the EV F2F didn't start until just before the shows, but we all (myself included) didn't believe they'd do that again.

• Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    I don't think you can say "people were warned" F2F wouldn't start until just before shows, when the info 10c sent out said it would start in "spring."  Many people don't pay attention to the ticketing nuances and TM skullduggery of Ed's solo tour.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,547
    Sounds like they're doing everything they can at this point to not have full arenas.  Pretty weird. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    TicketMaster is in the sweet spot of falsely hyping shows via presales/controlled releases and then making fans eat tickets through limited/late transferability.  

Bought Jack White Chicago tickets during the artist presale (GA floor, standard admission) for $145 each. Today (day of show) TM is selling the same tickets for $90 each as “standard admission.” 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options

Yeah, its double dipping.  Have all of the Premium seats you want, whatever.  But don't promise a Fan 2 Fan to sell more 10c tickets and then keep the F2F locked away until last minute.
    well this is much different then in 2020... f2f was there the whole time and fun to seek tickets to upgrade.. lucky for me, Im sitting on 2 sets of GA that I need to sell, im sure they will go in seconds once the the F2F is open - and if I do upgrade the SD tickets - that arena has been a tough ticket and mine in the rear lower corner should also sell. But I want to get it done and not sit here bitchin about it 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830

well this is much different then in 2020... f2f was there the whole time and fun to seek tickets to upgrade.. lucky for me, Im sitting on 2 sets of GA that I need to sell, im sure they will go in seconds once the the F2F is open - and if I do upgrade the SD tickets - that arena has been a tough ticket and mine in the rear lower corner should also sell. But I want to get it done and not sit here bitchin about it 

F2F stared February 18th in 2020. We complained of the delay back then too.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Interesting.  Do you know how the gen sale/first show dates compared in 2020 to 2022?  Sorry if you posted it before.  I've been trying to avoid this thread.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    edited April 2022
    PJNB said:

Interesting.  Do you know how the gen sale/first show dates compared in 2020 to 2022?  Sorry if you posted it before.  I've been trying to avoid this thread.

We knew the 2020 fan to fan date before hand in the original announcement. The public sale was January 24th so there was 25 days of no fan to fan sale available and we had 1 month (stopped early due to pandemic) of selling before the Toronto March 18th show.

This time we do not know the date obviously. The public sale was March 29th 2022 so there have been 14 days of no fan to fan available. The difference this time is premium tickets and that we have a shorter window to the first show May 3rd. There is only 21 days till the first show. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

We knew the 2020 fan to fan date before hand in the original announcement. The public sale was January 24th so there was 25 days of no fan to fan sale available and we had 1 month (stopped early due to pandemic) of selling before the Toronto March 18th show.

This time we do not know the date obviously. The public sale was March 29th 2022 so there have been 14 days of no fan to fan available. The difference this time is premium tickets and that we have a shorter window to the first show May 3rd. There is only 21 days till the first show. 
    Thanks!  Important point is when everything was normal, they did a month of F2F before first show and we are now at 3 weeks.

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    ISO a single GA for Oakland N1 and/or N2.  If anybody is dropping on F2F , keep me in mind.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,272
    JojoRice said:
    I think the thing with PJ is usually the tours are shorter and don't cover that many geopgraphical areas.  It's hard to judge demand for shows, because so many fans travel to see them.

I've often wondered how well they would sell if tours were more expansive and they played more shows in more areas (reducing how much travel people did).

I guess California might be an indicator of that, but I also think Covid is having an impact.  I don't think ticket demand is back to where it was precovid.  Most of the concerts i'm going to seem to have slow ticket sales.   I feel like PJ is doing well in the high density markets, but not anywhere else?  Which makes sense.

It's all pretty crazy.  I'm just happy that the band that's been my favorite since I was 14 seems to keep touring and playing shows.  I feel pretty lucky that the band I liked the most, is the one going the distance.
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    JimmyV said:

Don't forget Waitlisted
    Or Cancelled 
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    Zod said:

It's all pretty crazy.  I'm just happy that the band that's been my favorite since I was 14 seems to keep touring and playing shows.  I feel pretty lucky that the band I liked the most, is the one going the distance.
    So true.  I'm at 105 PJ/EV shows (124,xxx, first show was Soldier Field) and am doing an entire leg (May) for the first time in my life, so I appreciate the easy tickets this time around.  The band isn't getting any younger and neither am I.  Plus Gigaton is awesome, so this is a great time to do it.

• Options
    cmalisze said:
    Did it open up this late for the EV shows?  Tour starts in 3 weeks… crazy…
    If I recall correctly, they didn't open until around 2 weeks before 
    And that's when they drop the prices of the unbought "PJ Premium" below regular face value so fans are stuck holding the bag. It's really great! 
    Does anyone have evidence of the premium tickets dropping below regular face value?  I've seen that mentioned a couple of times but I'm not sure that is accurate.  I watched the EV tour pretty closely as I needed tickets for Seattle.  I saw them release additional face value tickets for most if not all shows.  Even on the day of the show (when I bought) the premium tickets were not below the original face value.  Now there were people who bought platinum tickets for higher prices who were limited to re-selling those seats for what they paid.  Some of those seats were definitely more expensive than the released tickets but it wasn't because they dropped the premium tickets below face value.  I know for sure that the premium tickets left over will roll over to regularly priced tickets on the day of the show if unsold.  The EV tour did that along with releasing full rows of great seats that were never originally made available.  I tell everyone who wants to go to a show and doesn't have tickets to wait til the day of the show.  There are almost always ticket releases and many times, they're releasing better tickets than you would otherwise be able to pull yourself during an on-sale.

Gorge
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Fresno is going to be the most unsold show since when?  Ever?  I started following in 2010 and cant remember a show being this unsold 4 weeks out.  They could literally end up blocking off the entire upper bowl.

I've got an extra Fresno GA to list on F2F, whenever it opens, and I am not even sure that someone will end up buying it
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
This discussion has been closed.