Options

Fan to Fan Ticket Exchange

AB658524AB658524 Posts: 5
edited April 23 in The Porch
Ive gotten 2 dates for Vegas and Glendale in May- does anyone know how/when/where this ticket exchange is gonna be set up to use?  I would prefer to unload both of these dates and pick up a September date as its better for my schedule.  
Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Soon but we don't know when for certain. Ticketmaster waited until two weeks or so before Ed's February shows to open it up. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ok- how does it normally work?  Does it just run through Ticketmaster website?  Its a little pickle for me considering I have to fly to these shows, but certainly would be good to have a little more cushion on time or to know if I have sold them or not and gotten a new show :smile:
  • Options
    It runs right through Ticketmaster. F2F tickets will show up alongside PJ Platinum and any other tickets that might be released.  

• Options
    got it thanks for the help
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    It's basically the same thing as TM's regular resell system (where people flipping tickets, have it show up on the TM page).  The only real difference is the name fan2fan and that the ticket prices are capped.

The challenge is, with the EV tour they delayed starting fan2fan, presumably to give them more time to move platinum tickets.   Then they started selling plat. tickets lower than regular sale, so they undercut people trying to sell their tickets.  It didn't work out so well having tickets locked down at the same time they were trying to sell platinum tickets.

• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    @Sea when will F2F sales open? There should be clarity here. Fans are waiting and possibly being hurt financially due to the ambiguity and lack of transparency in this process. 
  • Options
    I doubt the admins know or have any way of knowing. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    As representation of the band it would be unfortunate and disrespectful to us in the Ten Club not to arm them with this knowledge to be able to answer questions. Considering they are responsible for the fan club as liaisons from the band to the fans.  But what do I know. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,215
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    As representation of the band it would be unfortunate and disrespectful to us in the Ten Club not to arm them with this knowledge to be able to answer questions. Considering they are responsible for the fan club as liaisons from the band to the fans.  But what do I know. 
    It will open when TM has achieved the premium sales that it wants to achieve, as there’s nothing like a face value good seat on F2F to deter someone from purchasing an adjacent seat for many multiples of that.  10c has nothing to do with that process. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    It will open when TM has achieved the premium sales that it wants to achieve, as there’s nothing like a face value good seat on F2F to deter someone from purchasing an adjacent seat for many multiples of that.  10c has nothing to do with that process. 
    Exactly.  Which means it is going to be a while.

• Options
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, I doubt the admins know or have any way of knowing. 

• Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 352
    JimmyV said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, I doubt the admins know or have any way of knowing. 
    I was about to post the same thing. This is a TM decision. 
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22), New York, NY (9/10), New York, NY (9/11), Camden, NJ (9/14), Denver, CO (9/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (8/31), St. Paul, MN (9/02)
  • Options
    It really sucks, I have 3 tickets I would love to dump on F2F for other people to scoop up. We have spent good money for these just for TM to be so controlling over our ticket property. 

OPEN IT UP TM
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    First show is less than a month away now.. They really need to open it. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Platinum tickets for the LA shows I need are alllllmost at a reasonable price for me

I would plan on another 1-2 Platinum price drops before F2F opens
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    Platinum tickets for the LA shows I need are alllllmost at a reasonable price for me

I would plan on another 1-2 Platinum price drops before F2F opens
    I have a section 105 pair that will be going up for LA 1
  • Options
    Super curious to see how many f2f pairs appear for some of these shows, and ready to feel left out since none will be for msg. 

• Options
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    Man o man.....there have been so many hall passes given to the Ten Club on this. Blind loyalty runs here runs exceptionally deep here.......not a criticism only an observation....TRULY
  • Options
    The best part was today a HUGE drop of tickets occurred for Oakland at premium prices. This is market manipulation. At least when I go to a car lot I can physically see how many cars are available for purchase before getting ripped off.....in the case of Pearl Jam tickets we are not allowed to know what the actual inventory is.  Shameful.....but buy these $950 "PJ Premium" seats....
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    This is a very legitimate gripe against Ticketmaster - enhancing their monopolistic power. Limiting F2F sales to create a limited marketplace to pump up their platinum sales. That’s not free market and the tour announcement claimed platinum was an attempt to sell at market rates.

They said they were selling a limited number of fair market value tickets. If that’s a true representation, then the platinum prices should be reduced when tickets are not being purchased.  

Maintaining exorbitant prices for days on end at platinum prices is an attempt to create desperation, while preventing fans from putting their unusable tickets on the market.

sounds like market manipulation to me

• Options
    I also say that if, as fans, we have been so quick to credit and throw flowers at the feet of the band and the Ten Club for how past tickets have been managed (low prices/best locations/NO PJ Premium) then how all of the sudden can we say the Ten Club has nothing to do with this. Either they have control (like we all thought for many years prior to 2022) or they don't (which many come to their defense to protect.) 

Which is it? 
  • Options
    It really sucks, I have 3 tickets I would love to dump on F2F for other people to scoop up. We have spent good money for these just for TM to be so controlling over our ticket property. 

Agree My schedule works better for September shows which I would exchange in a minute but I can make Phoenix in May work if I really need to-hell Phoenix and Vegas were my last picks so I never thought I would end up with those shows anyway.   Just sucks they are taking so long considering some of us need flights and hotels of which both phoenix and Vegas I would need to do and I dont want to be holding the bag on a flight last minute either
  • Options
    Just looking up my tix on ticketmaster and this premium ticketing has some crazy high prices... sheesh- My exact row of seats rolling for $850 each.  Damn TM!
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    cmalisze said:
    I also say that if, as fans, we have been so quick to credit and throw flowers at the feet of the band and the Ten Club for how past tickets have been managed (low prices/best locations/NO PJ Premium) then how all of the sudden can we say the Ten Club has nothing to do with this. Either they have control (like we all thought for many years prior to 2022) or they don't (which many come to their defense to protect.) 

Which is it? 
    Things are never as black and white as we all would like to think and things are constantly changing.  They may have had more control in the past then they do now, it might be the same.  The fact is probably no one here really knows but it is really easy to pick a side to blame, as long as we don't have to  blame ourselves.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    I can't remember if the fan to fan was done directly through the ticketmaster portal or if there was a special setup in 2020, but if not then it is clear that it won't open until two weeks before each show date.  I have Wilco tickets this month, I can sell my night one tickets but my other tickets are still for 15 days from now.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    apirk72 said:
    cmalisze said:

Which is it? 
    Things are never as black and white as we all would like to think and things are constantly changing.  They may have had more control in the past then they do now, it might be the same.  The fact is probably no one here really knows but it is really easy to pick a side to blame, as long as we don't have to  blame ourselves.
    Agreed 100% which is why I blame both. Difference being is this is new to PJ and not TM. Also I find it so interesting how quick some are to protect and/or blame. I'm subjective. Still the best band there ever was. Anyone with Oakland GA. Lol
  • Options
    cmalisze said:
    apirk72 said:
    cmalisze said:

Which is it? 
    Agreed 100% which is why I blame both. Difference being is this is new to PJ and not TM. Also I find it so interesting how quick some are to protect and/or blame. I'm subjective. Still the best band there ever was. Anyone with Oakland GA. Lol
    I just think you are barking up the wrong tree if you expect SEA to have some info on F2F.

Ask Tim Bierman (@rubysdad)

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    cmalisze said:
    apirk72 said:
    cmalisze said:

Which is it? 
    I just think you are barking up the wrong tree if you expect SEA to have some info on F2F.

Ask Tim Bierman (@rubysdad)
    Thanks for this. I was attempting to articulate that they all should know as they are representation of the band to their fan club. If Tim knows Sea should know and vice versa. If nobody knows then that is really concerning. Point in all this has been the disappointment in the mismanagement of the circumstance when in the end it is us, as fans, getting the shaft on so many levels. 
  • Options
    JD213528JD213528 Posts: 1
    cmalisze said:
    The best part was today a HUGE drop of tickets occurred for Oakland at premium prices. This is market manipulation. At least when I go to a car lot I can physically see how many cars are available for purchase before getting ripped off.....in the case of Pearl Jam tickets we are not allowed to know what the actual inventory is.  Shameful.....but buy these $950 "PJ Premium" seats....
    It's very concerning. I have a face-value ticket for the second Oakland show that I'd like to sell, but can't do it yet. But there are plenty of "premium" seats at twice the price an aisle away. Sheesh. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,215
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    Man o man.....there have been so many hall passes given to the Ten Club on this. Blind loyalty runs here runs exceptionally deep here.......not a criticism only an observation....TRULY
    It’s neither loyal nor disloyal to point out the fact that 10c is not in charge of what TM is doing.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
This discussion has been closed.