• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    edited April 2022
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    DF220512 said:
    Long time lurker, but I'm going to post for fun.  I agree with everything that has been said... but there is another perspective missing from this discussion.  For decades, fan club members (not just of Pearl Jam, but other bands too) have used their early access/preferential treatment for tickets they knew they might not use (life could get in the way, they could score better seats through an alternate vendor, they could be used as trade-bait for shows they really wanted to get tickets to, etc.).  Then, when tickets went on sale to the general public, non-fan club members didn't have access to those seats, still inflating the price of tickets on the secondary market against the band's wishes.  

What TM and PJ are doing right now by inflating prices and by delaying us from "trading out" our tickets, will eventually render our seats worth less than face value closer to the show.  This will have burned some of their fan club members (for this tour) who will be more cautious with what tickets they buy for future tours. With fan club members requesting less tickets, more will go on sale to the general public, lowering the cost of resale values (perhaps.)

Again, I type this as an angry fan who can't sell back tickets post-pandemic... but I do see how, in the long-term, it may fix two issues at the same time which ends up lowering prices and increasing availability for everyone... especially with as few tours these guys go on anymore.  
    Another point I've also considered. The remedy would be to limit requests to shows to zip codes within a certain perimeter.  This would alleviate the nation-wide pressure per show for the reasons you've mentioned.  

That could be viewed as another limitation to access shows for fans living near msg. We already get few shows per capita. For many of us the only option is to get in a car or plane and travel
    the idea of limiting requests to zip codes so people stop buying tickets they dont need, it might be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on here yet. 
    Define need. You can't.  I need MSG tickets to trade for a PJ20 Mural. See the point. 
    replace "dont need" with "have  no intention of using".  make sense now? i dont see your point, no. you dont have one.
    I live in IL. I have someone willing to trade me a PJ20 mural for 1 ticket to MSG. I want the PJ20 mural. Therefore I NEED 1 ticket to USE in a trade. Currently I could potentially pull this off if I lived in Asia but had no intention of ATTENDING the show. Theoretically by living closer to a venue there is a greater chance of ATTENDING a show.  Hence my solution to alleviate the stress on tickets.  You sure I don't have a point?
    potentially, theoretically.... 

you have a point, a ridiculous one, but a point none the less
    Why do you think ridiculous? I'm agreeing with you that it would be easier if folks only put in for shows they would attend. We know fans travel and shows are hard to come by.  My suggestion is in recognition of your point. 
    I think it is ridiculous to suggest limiting shows to local zipcodes. Not even realistic.  I suggested a start would be people stop buying tickets they arent going to use, only to be screaming for a ticket exchange a week later.  you said something about fans traveling in response to that.  I still dont know what that has to do with people buying tickets they dont use. then the point about what need is, and trading for a poster with someone from asia, i'm still lost.  i guess all i'm saying is, the people screaming for a ticket exchange, in many cases bought tickets they had no business buying in the first place.  its the neurotic pearl jam fan syndrome. 

and there is no reason to wait around for ticketmaster to wipe your ass for you.  if you have tickets to sell, find someone who wants the tickets and figure it out.  its not hard.  
    I think you're underestimating the logistics of a trip and the timing of ticket drops. Couple that with the advertised ability to sell at no cost or particular hassle is alluring. Why wouldn't everyone? Makes too much sense. Many sports teams limit sales to zip codes for this exact reason. The Nashville Predators wouldn't sell to Chicago area residents back in the day because Hawks fans traveled too well and Nashville residents get shut out. Suggesting anyone is waiting for TM to "wipe your ass" is laughable....it's pretty simple TM is the only one in the world with toilet paper and all fans are left with is diarrhea.  Figure it out. 
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited April 2022
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    DF220512 said:
    Long time lurker, but I'm going to post for fun.  I agree with everything that has been said... but there is another perspective missing from this discussion.  For decades, fan club members (not just of Pearl Jam, but other bands too) have used their early access/preferential treatment for tickets they knew they might not use (life could get in the way, they could score better seats through an alternate vendor, they could be used as trade-bait for shows they really wanted to get tickets to, etc.).  Then, when tickets went on sale to the general public, non-fan club members didn't have access to those seats, still inflating the price of tickets on the secondary market against the band's wishes.  

What TM and PJ are doing right now by inflating prices and by delaying us from "trading out" our tickets, will eventually render our seats worth less than face value closer to the show.  This will have burned some of their fan club members (for this tour) who will be more cautious with what tickets they buy for future tours. With fan club members requesting less tickets, more will go on sale to the general public, lowering the cost of resale values (perhaps.)

Again, I type this as an angry fan who can't sell back tickets post-pandemic... but I do see how, in the long-term, it may fix two issues at the same time which ends up lowering prices and increasing availability for everyone... especially with as few tours these guys go on anymore.  
    Another point I've also considered. The remedy would be to limit requests to shows to zip codes within a certain perimeter.  This would alleviate the nation-wide pressure per show for the reasons you've mentioned.  

That could be viewed as another limitation to access shows for fans living near msg. We already get few shows per capita. For many of us the only option is to get in a car or plane and travel
    the idea of limiting requests to zip codes so people stop buying tickets they dont need, it might be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on here yet. 
    Define need. You can't.  I need MSG tickets to trade for a PJ20 Mural. See the point. 
    replace "dont need" with "have  no intention of using".  make sense now? i dont see your point, no. you dont have one.
    I live in IL. I have someone willing to trade me a PJ20 mural for 1 ticket to MSG. I want the PJ20 mural. Therefore I NEED 1 ticket to USE in a trade. Currently I could potentially pull this off if I lived in Asia but had no intention of ATTENDING the show. Theoretically by living closer to a venue there is a greater chance of ATTENDING a show.  Hence my solution to alleviate the stress on tickets.  You sure I don't have a point?

Why do you think ridiculous? I'm agreeing with you that it would be easier if folks only put in for shows they would attend. We know fans travel and shows are hard to come by.  My suggestion is in recognition of your point. 
    I think it is ridiculous to suggest limiting shows to local zipcodes. Not even realistic.  I suggested a start would be people stop buying tickets they arent going to use, only to be screaming for a ticket exchange a week later.  you said something about fans traveling in response to that.  I still dont know what that has to do with people buying tickets they dont use. then the point about what need is, and trading for a poster with someone from asia, i'm still lost.  i guess all i'm saying is, the people screaming for a ticket exchange, in many cases bought tickets they had no business buying in the first place.  its the neurotic pearl jam fan syndrome. 

and there is no reason to wait around for ticketmaster to wipe your ass for you.  if you have tickets to sell, find someone who wants the tickets and figure it out.  its not hard.  
    I think you're underestimating the logistics of a trip and the timing of ticket drops. Couple that with the advertised ability to sell at no cost or particular hassle is alluring. Why wouldn't everyone? Makes too much sense. Many sports teams limit sales to zip codes for this exact reason. The Nashville Predators wouldn't sell to Chicago area residents back in the day because Hawks fans traveled too well and Nashville residents get shut out. Suggesting anyone is waiting for TM to "wipe your ass" is laughable....it's pretty simple TM is the only one in the world with toilet paper and all fans are left with is diarrhea.  Figure it out. 
    I am well aware of the logistics of trips. So you think it makes perfectly good sense for people to buy tickets to shows they arent going to? got it. I think its classic neurotic pearl jam fan behavior.  

i think its laughable to bitch about a fan exchange, when all you have to do is find a fan and exchange yourself.  some will play checkers, and some will play chess. 
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    DF220512 said:

I am well aware of the logistics of trips. So you think it makes perfectly good sense for people to buy tickets to shows they arent going to? got it. I think its classic neurotic pearl jam fan behavior.  

i think its laughable to bitch about a fan exchange, when all you have to do is find a fan and exchange yourself.  some will play checkers, and some will play chess. 
    I'm saying people may not be certain their ability to attend a show 6 months away from ticket release. Because of that it seems reasonable one would attempt to obtain tickets knowing full well that they will have something easily sellable as there is always desire for PJ tickets on resale or the new F2F but the catch is they can only be sold for face value on TM platform. Everyone without knowledge of ability but with desire to possibly attend should/would put in. It's laughable you think people are now going to kindly pass on an opportunity to obtain seats for any city at this point considering the outrageous "PJ Platinum" this has only compounded the very issue you're asking people to kindly stop contribute to. If "PJ Platinum" is to remain, which it certainly will then I think it is reasonable to limit requests to zip codes of which are most likely to attend based on proximity. This will then extremely limit the F2F sales and then when the "PJ Platinum" prices are made known they will be a better reflection of the actual "market."

I'm well aware of methods to circumvent the current system. Load to someone's wallet, walk someone in, give account login info or  transfer if in CO NY IL. I'm too busy providing solutions or suggestions for a system it seems many here care about. I've already long ago understood the holes in the situation as I see them. I've already moved on to solutions. Who is playing chess really?
    Post edited by cmalisze on
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    DF220512 said:

I'm saying people may not be certain their ability to attend a show 6 months away from ticket release. Because of that it seems reasonable one would attempt to obtain tickets knowing full well that they will have something easily sellable as there is always desire for PJ tickets on resale or the new F2F but the catch is they can only be sold for face value on TM platform. Everyone without knowledge of ability but with desire to possibly attend should/would put in. It's laughable you think people are now going to kindly pass on an opportunity to obtain seats for any city at this point considering the outrageous "PJ Platinum" this has only compounded the very issue you're asking people to kindly stop contribute to. If "PJ Platinum" is to remain, which it certainly will then I think it is reasonable to limit requests to zip codes of which are most likely to attend based on proximity. This will then extremely limit the F2F sales and then when the "PJ Platinum" prices are made known they will be a better reflection of the actual "market."

I'm well aware of methods to circumvent the current system. Load to someone's wallet, walk someone in, give account login info or  transfer if in CO NY IL. I'm too busy providing solutions or suggestions for a system it seems many here care about. I've already long ago understood the holes in the situation as I see them. I've already moved on to solutions. Who is playing chess really?
    not you. 

sorry you can't make your shows.  best of luck with the fan to fan ticket exchange. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    cmalisze said:
    I also say that if, as fans, we have been so quick to credit and throw flowers at the feet of the band and the Ten Club for how past tickets have been managed (low prices/best locations/NO PJ Premium) then how all of the sudden can we say the Ten Club has nothing to do with this. Either they have control (like we all thought for many years prior to 2022) or they don't (which many come to their defense to protect.) 

Which is it? 
    I’d say it’s not so much 10C but bands manager there is no way he/she signed off on this agreement with TM without the band’s approval! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,245
    My wife and I are trying to get tix to Nashville.  If there is anyone planning to release their tickets to the Fan to Fan exchange once it opens, would you please PM me?  Would love to coordinate a time with someone in order to increase my chances of scoring the pair.  Know this is a long shot.  
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    cmalisze said:
    I also say that if, as fans, we have been so quick to credit and throw flowers at the feet of the band and the Ten Club for how past tickets have been managed (low prices/best locations/NO PJ Premium) then how all of the sudden can we say the Ten Club has nothing to do with this. Either they have control (like we all thought for many years prior to 2022) or they don't (which many come to their defense to protect.) 

Which is it? 
    I’d say it’s not so much 10C but bands manager there is no way he/she signed off on this agreement with TM without the band’s approval! 
    Agreed.  And the 10c, being the communication vehicle from the band to its fans, should provide some answers. 
  • Options
    jstu39jstu39 Posts: 141
    I think this problem is much larger than it should be as people enter multiple lotteries to better their chances and buy extra tickets they don’t really plan going to. I do not have as much sympathy for these people as it makes tickets harder to get. And yes there are some people with true intentions that can’t go. The main issue I have is it stated F2F would be an option, so with that they should keep to what was stated in some reasonable fashion. And in the future if they don’t want it then don’t offer it. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    JimmyV said:
    Has no one seen my avatar? I clearly am a dog. 
    Jimmy V the talking Pearl Jam dog.   Holy crap that’s  a million dollar idea.   Somebody start a storyboard 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    I'm completely naive to the fan to fan sale, why did you all purchase tickets to shows you can't go to and now want to sell???  I guess it's just never something I have done before so I have no clue.  Seems to me blaming Ten Club for this is unjustified.  Were you forced to buy these tickets?  
    Keep in mind, a lot of us have had these tickets for over 2 years. We didn't even know when the shows were going to take place until recently. And then when we finally found out, we had like a week to decide if we could make the new dates or request a refund.
    Oh ok, I too had tix to 2 LA shows in 2020; decided weeks before the new scheduled dates were announced to request refund.  Had to make other plans, sick of putting plans on hold due to PJ; got refund and then PJ announced the new dates within a month.  I was sickened but relieved that I got refund for both shows.  And they added a show in my area for the fall, all is good.  Either way, I have never done the fan to fan thing.  I thought people were trying to get rid of tickets they just bought.  I know a lot of people put in for shows they may not get and know they will not attend.  To me, that is not fair to people who wanted those shows and were unlucky in the lottery.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Did it open up this late for the EV shows?  Tour starts in 3 weeks… crazy…
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    If I recall correctly, they didn't open until around 2 weeks before 
  • Options
    If I recall correctly, they didn't open until around 2 weeks before 
    And that's when they drop the prices of the unbought "PJ Premium" below regular face value so fans are stuck holding the bag. It's really great! 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I am fine with the band having the Premium tickets, as it is standard with all ticketmaster events though

However, it is sort of double dipping on their end to advertise a "Fan to Fan" market, which would drive up early ticket sales as people would not feel stuck with tickets, but then delay the opening of the said market to allow for these Premium tickets to sell, until it is too late for anyone to get that money back.  

If you can't sell the Premium tickets at the prices you want, then, well, that kind of seems like a you problem (you being the band/TM).  

I think this Spring leg will sort of open the bands eyes a bit in terms of timelines, ticket sales, and the way people are spending (or not spending) money in a post-pandemic world.  Sacramento and Fresno look destined for the Groupon 2 for 1 sale very soon.  Both of these would have sold alot better I think with more than 7 weeks of notice.  And, not to be mean, but there's some markets where they just aren't as big as they probably think they are.  
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Some thoughts on all this.....

Limiting Fan to Fan to drive "Pearl Jam premium" tickets is market manipulation.  

Fan to Fan should have opened up days after the onsale.....we're now three weeks to first show.  

Ticketmaster knows that the minute that they open up Fan to fan that this will increase the ticket supply and drive down the value of their "Pearl Jam premium".  

Additionally, disappointing to not see an update on when Fan to Fan will open on the 10Club April letter.  Really looking forward to these shows, but 10Club / TM haven't done a good job on communication, logistics and changes as it relates to rescheduling the shows. 

Heard a few suggest that limiting to certain zip codes might help.....I live in Atlanta.  We haven't had a show since 2003 and I'm traveling out to Los Angeles to catch LA2....my only opportunity within driving distance was Nashville and I didn't score in either 2020/2022. 

On a positive...I will say that I was very appreciative of the fact that they did reopen ticket sales for 10Club and some people were able to get tickets on the second sale that they weren't able to get on their first attempt.   

Finally, expressing ways that the 10Club can get better is the best way for Pearl Jam / Ten Club to improve the fan experience.  They've done a really good job over the past thirty years and as a member I just want that to continue.  

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,991
    For the LA shows, you still have to have the verified fan code as well to purchase regular tickets.  This process with TM has been a joke. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,613
    JojoRice said:
    For the LA shows, you still have to have the verified fan code as well to purchase regular tickets.  This process with TM has been a joke. 
    That is really weird and makes no sense. You have a September show in OKC open to everyone, but a show a few weeks away is still locked to only certain people with codes? I am pretty sure everyone who had a code who wanted tickets, has bought them by now.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    RT85129 said:
    Some thoughts on all this.....

Limiting Fan to Fan to drive "Pearl Jam premium" tickets is market manipulation.  

Fan to Fan should have opened up days after the onsale.....we're now three weeks to first show.  

Ticketmaster knows that the minute that they open up Fan to fan that this will increase the ticket supply and drive down the value of their "Pearl Jam premium".  

Additionally, disappointing to not see an update on when Fan to Fan will open on the 10Club April letter.  Really looking forward to these shows, but 10Club / TM haven't done a good job on communication, logistics and changes as it relates to rescheduling the shows. 

Heard a few suggest that limiting to certain zip codes might help.....I live in Atlanta.  We haven't had a show since 2003 and I'm traveling out to Los Angeles to catch LA2....my only opportunity within driving distance was Nashville and I didn't score in either 2020/2022. 

On a positive...I will say that I was very appreciative of the fact that they did reopen ticket sales for 10Club and some people were able to get tickets on the second sale that they weren't able to get on their first attempt.   

Finally, expressing ways that the 10Club can get better is the best way for Pearl Jam / Ten Club to improve the fan experience.  They've done a really good job over the past thirty years and as a member I just want that to continue.  

Hey! Thanks for adding to the discussion. I was one who suggested limiting to zip codes etc. I completely recognize that loophole. The band doesn't travel near as much to various locations. Absolutely. It's a risk they would take in losing fan club members but, as a business, they could absolutely regenerate those funds by increasing ticket prices or selling more merch etc. Not a great model but I'm sure it's one they're recognizing as trips overseas or to various parts of the US are becoming more rare. I wish they toured more generously to alleviate these types of limits on fans but they've earned the right to do as they wish. This isn't an easy one. All I know is seeing venues full of available seats at any price this close to a tour is not the norm and should be alarming to all aiming to make money off of fans. 
  • Options
    EH14457EH14457 Orlando, FL Posts: 237
    I agree with everything that’s been said about TM manufacturing scarcity by delaying F2F so they can sell some of the premium tickets. But I actually think they’ve miscalculated. I *suspect* that at this point in PJ’s career, anybody who cares enough to potentially drop $200+ on a single “good” lower level ticket is aware of the advertised ticket sale timeline and knows that a wave of possible better and cheaper f2f tickets is coming at some point, esp. for shows with less demand, like in CA. 

If they opened f2f now, they’d at least get those off the market (if real demand is high enough)… and then they could dynamically adjust pricing for any remaining tickets closer to the show for fans who make a last minute call to attend. As is, they’re kind of devaluing all the tickets by allowing a bunch of overpriced ones (the market’s opinion, not mine) to continually sit unsold, dropping in price. It really doesn’t reflect well on the band. 

This won’t be a popular opinion, but it’s probably also about time PJ moved to tiered pricing based on seat quality. I’m super appreciative for 10c’s efforts over the years and for the ability to get a super premium seat at a reasonable $120 (by todays’s standards). But EVERYONE charges more than that for the best tickets these days. 

My RHCP stadium floor tickets (16 rows behind the pit) were $250 each. Brandi Carlile 4th row floor? $185. Florence and the Machine lower level? $155. Bon Iver lowers? $130. 

I know it would suck for the die-hards, but does it really seem “fair” that face value on behind the stage uppers is the same price as non-premium face on the best seats in the house? At least balance that out a little. Even if you just have 3 tiers where the best 25% of tickets are $150, the middle 50% are $120 and the nosebleeds are $90, that would at least create the perception of fair relative value… and I think it would help move some of the less desirable seats, which only creates a better atmosphere for everyone and increases affordability/accessibility for people on tighter budgets. Realistically those best 25% are still going to sell through no problem at solid-in-the-current-market 20-ish% markup on current prices anyway. 🤷🏻‍♂️

10/7/96 (FL), 9/22/98 (FL), 9/23/98 (FL), 8/9/00 (FL), 8/10/00 (FL), 8/12/00 (FL), 4/11/03 (FL), 4/12/03 (FL), 4/13/03 (FL), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 7/12/03 (PA), 7/14/03 (NJ), 10/8/04 (FL), 8/5/07 (IL), 11/27/12 (FL), 12/6/13 (WA), 4/8/16 (FL), 4/9/16 (FL), 4/11/16 (FL), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 8/8/18 (WA), 8/10/18 (WA), 9/25/21 (CA), 9/26/21 (CA), 5/3/22 (CA), 5/12/22 (CA), 5/13/22 (CA), 9/18/23 (TX), 9/19/23 (TX), 10/23/23 (WA), 10/24/23 (WA)

• Options
    edited April 2022
    At this point, the price level of the Premium seats makes no sense to me.  Is anyone, who hasn’t done so yet, really going to spent $505 plus fees on a SINGLE seat?

Theres a couple of seats in the 250 range that aren’t bad but I won’t pull the trigger because as soon as Fan to Fan opens, these premium seats are going to undercut the 10c Face Value

Safe to Say they have maxed out their California crowd for at least a few years 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,883
    At this point, the price level of the Premium seats makes no sense to me.  Is anyone, who hasn’t done so yet, really going to spent $505 plus fees on a SINGLE seat?

Theres a couple of seats in the 250 range that aren’t bad but I won’t pull the trigger because as soon as Fan to Fan opens, these premium seats are going to undercut the 10c Face Value

They're playing chicken with the market, trying to lean on fans' FOMO. I think that's pretty standard, whether it's TM Platinum, PJ Premium, or run-of-the-mill scalping.

As far as TM dropping the prices once F2F opens, it's a test of character - do you help out a fellow fan and take a potentially worse seat for a little more, or do you help out soul-sucker TicketMaster and buy the cheaper and potentially better seat?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    mpedone said:

They're playing chicken with the market, trying to lean on fans' FOMO. I think that's pretty standard, whether it's TM Platinum, PJ Premium, or run-of-the-mill scalping.

As far as TM dropping the prices once F2F opens, it's a test of character - do you help out a fellow fan and take a potentially worse seat for a little more, or do you help out soul-sucker TicketMaster and buy the cheaper and potentially better seat?
    The difference this time around is I don't think a ton of platinum tickets have sold, so there will be fewer of those being dumped by members. Most of the f2f we'll see will be 10c seats at face value, so even if Ticketmaster underprices the savings will be minimal. At least compared to what we saw for Ed and the Earthlings. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    EH14457 said:
    I agree with everything that’s been said about TM manufacturing scarcity by delaying F2F so they can sell some of the premium tickets. But I actually think they’ve miscalculated. I *suspect* that at this point in PJ’s career, anybody who cares enough to potentially drop $200+ on a single “good” lower level ticket is aware of the advertised ticket sale timeline and knows that a wave of possible better and cheaper f2f tickets is coming at some point, esp. for shows with less demand, like in CA. 

If they opened f2f now, they’d at least get those off the market (if real demand is high enough)… and then they could dynamically adjust pricing for any remaining tickets closer to the show for fans who make a last minute call to attend. As is, they’re kind of devaluing all the tickets by allowing a bunch of overpriced ones (the market’s opinion, not mine) to continually sit unsold, dropping in price. It really doesn’t reflect well on the band. 

This won’t be a popular opinion, but it’s probably also about time PJ moved to tiered pricing based on seat quality. I’m super appreciative for 10c’s efforts over the years and for the ability to get a super premium seat at a reasonable $120 (by todays’s standards). But EVERYONE charges more than that for the best tickets these days. 

My RHCP stadium floor tickets (16 rows behind the pit) were $250 each. Brandi Carlile 4th row floor? $185. Florence and the Machine lower level? $155. Bon Iver lowers? $130. 

I know it would suck for the die-hards, but does it really seem “fair” that face value on behind the stage uppers is the same price as non-premium face on the best seats in the house? At least balance that out a little. Even if you just have 3 tiers where the best 25% of tickets are $150, the middle 50% are $120 and the nosebleeds are $90, that would at least create the perception of fair relative value… and I think it would help move some of the less desirable seats, which only creates a better atmosphere for everyone and increases affordability/accessibility for people on tighter budgets. Realistically those best 25% are still going to sell through no problem at solid-in-the-current-market 20-ish% markup on current prices anyway. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think fan club members would be okay with tiered pricing if those setting the prices could guarantee that all the Ten Club seats were in the same price tier. For arenas, that would probably just mean two price tiers for reserved -- lower and upper -- and maybe a little extra for GA. I think the only real bitching you'd get from the fan club is if lower member numbers were paying higher prices because they end up in the "top tier" seats, and some grumbling from mid-range numbers as they won't have cost certainty until they get their seat assignments (I guess we'd just have to plan on paying the max, and have it be a little bittersweet when we're charged a bit less).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Ya, I'd be fine with tiered pricing/seating options.  Dave Matthews Band does this for Warehouse members and it works very well.  Granted they tour a ton which makes tickets easier to get. 

• Options
    They could get a little creative with tiered pricing, and allow fans to pick which tier they'd like to try for, much like we do now with GA vs Reserved. You could pick from GA, Tier 1, and Tier 2. If you get picked for either tier, you'd be placed based on seniority. I'd guess the price difference would have to be quite large to get many to choose Tier 2, though. If they did it like this year's lottery - where you can select all (or "best available") and be placed in a tier based on when your number is drawn, again, we'd have that price uncertainty, and on top of that, we'd have high numbers end up in Tier 2 and start threads about seniority not mattering anymore.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    Tiered pricing makes sense and we've already seen it at some of the amphitheater and ballpark shows. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    They could get a little creative with tiered pricing, and allow fans to pick which tier they'd like to try for, much like we do now with GA vs Reserved. You could pick from GA, Tier 1, and Tier 2. If you get picked for either tier, you'd be placed based on seniority. I'd guess the price difference would have to be quite large to get many to choose Tier 2, though. If they did it like this year's lottery - where you can select all (or "best available") and be placed in a tier based on when your number is drawn, again, we'd have that price uncertainty, and on top of that, we'd have high numbers end up in Tier 2 and start threads about seniority not mattering anymore.
    Seniority always matters less GA. If/when chosen for a Tier it would be simple to assign seats based on seniority. Everyone has the same random chance to be chosen for their Tier but once chosen for a Tier the location of seat is dictated by seniority. 

This system would work great as has been discussed. GA $$$ Tier 1 $$ Tier 2 $

Fun conversation.  
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Based on how high prices are for tickets, it out to be called "teared pricing"!!      Get it.....get it????
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    How long has it been since PJ hasn't sold out an arena show here in the US?  I'm guessing 2013/2014?  I have a feeling that streak will end next month in California. I know the 2016 arena shows sold out in minutes if not seconds. 

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Based on how high prices are for tickets, it out to be called "teared pricing"!!      Get it.....get it????

This discussion has been closed.