Fan to Fan Ticket Exchange

Comments

• cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    I doubt the admins know or have any way of knowing. 
    As representation of the band it would be unfortunate and disrespectful to us in the Ten Club not to arm them with this knowledge to be able to answer questions. Considering they are responsible for the fan club as liaisons from the band to the fans.  But what do I know. 
    It will open when TM has achieved the premium sales that it wants to achieve, as there’s nothing like a face value good seat on F2F to deter someone from purchasing an adjacent seat for many multiples of that.  10c has nothing to do with that process. 
    Man o man.....there have been so many hall passes given to the Ten Club on this. Blind loyalty runs here runs exceptionally deep here.......not a criticism only an observation....TRULY
    It’s neither loyal nor disloyal to point out the fact that 10c is not in charge of what TM is doing.  
    Could you agree they are a party to what TM is doing?
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    As representation of the band it would be unfortunate and disrespectful to us in the Ten Club not to arm them with this knowledge to be able to answer questions. Considering they are responsible for the fan club as liaisons from the band to the fans.  But what do I know. 
    It will open when TM has achieved the premium sales that it wants to achieve, as there’s nothing like a face value good seat on F2F to deter someone from purchasing an adjacent seat for many multiples of that.  10c has nothing to do with that process. 
    Man o man.....there have been so many hall passes given to the Ten Club on this. Blind loyalty runs here runs exceptionally deep here.......not a criticism only an observation....TRULY
    It’s neither loyal nor disloyal to point out the fact that 10c is not in charge of what TM is doing.  
    That's like saying the Dems are a party to the GOP's destruction of democracy.  Of course 10C/PJ are a part of the process, but I trust that they are fighting TM/LiveNation tooth and nail to get the most tickets possible in the hands of real fans at the lowest price possible.  I'm sure PJ still wishes tickets were $20, that doesn't mean they can make that happen.  It's a negotiation.  If you don't trust that they are fighting for their members (and that matters to you), then you shouldn't be giving them your money.  I'm not sure what you are looking for here.  Remember 1995?  TM/LN's monopoly has only grown stronger since then.  A big band's options are as follows:
    1. Tour with TM/LN.
    2. Don't tour.
    That's it. Take your pick.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    That's like saying the Dems are a party to the GOP's destruction of democracy.  Of course 10C/PJ are a part of the process, but I trust that they are fighting TM/LiveNation tooth and nail to get the most tickets possible in the hands of real fans at the lowest price possible.  I'm sure PJ still wishes tickets were $20, that doesn't mean they can make that happen.  It's a negotiation.  If you don't trust that they are fighting for their members (and that matters to you), then you shouldn't be giving them your money.  I'm not sure what you are looking for here.  Remember 1995?  TM/LN's monopoly has only grown stronger since then.  A big band's options are as follows:
    1. Tour with TM/LN.
    2. Don't tour.

Please tell me you don't believe PJ wishes tickets were $20. I'll give you that they're "fighting" for us members but only just enough to make as much as they wish to make while also being in bed with TM, maybe out of necessity. A member of this club being stuck with a pair of tickets that otherwise would have sold if not for locking F2F this long is likely to hurt them a lot more than it would hurt Matt or Stone had TM not be asking for $4700 a seat at MSG. 
  • cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    They literally said they are working with Ticketmaster. They have to bc this is the best deal they could make with the devil. Dont say they dont have to make a deal. 

Ticketmaster/livenation control the tickets and the venues. So if pj wants to play 95% of the venues available, they must make a concession. To get as many tickets for tenclub as possible, a certain portion has to be sold at comically high prices to offset the cheap tickets for the rest of us. They also have combatted scalping by making them non transferable. I do agree fan2fan shouldnt have a floor. Its not perfect but its better than most if not all the solutions other bands have tried. 

If you think pj is maliciously trying to take your money, then thats what you believe, and thats totally fine. Looking at all the facts, thats not the conclusion im coming to. 
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    They literally said they are working with Ticketmaster. They have to bc this is the best deal they could make with the devil. Dont say they dont have to make a deal. 

Ticketmaster/livenation control the tickets and the venues. So if pj wants to play 95% of the venues available, they must make a concession. To get as many tickets for tenclub as possible, a certain portion has to be sold at comically high prices to offset the cheap tickets for the rest of us. They also have combatted scalping by making them non transferable. I do agree fan2fan shouldnt have a floor. Its not perfect but its better than most if not all the solutions other bands have tried. 

If you think pj is maliciously trying to take your money, then thats what you believe, and thats totally fine. Looking at all the facts, thats not the conclusion im coming to. 
    Please then explain to me how for nearly 32 years PJ has managed to escape the platinum ticketing practice but it is only until now this is occurring? I'm not saying PJ is being malicious because we have a choice. I'll still give them my money any day of the week but, to absolve them seems negligent. I said earlier we have been told that in order to obtain best seats at low prices there would be market priced tickets, totally fair. Their prerogative but to dismiss what is actually occurring and how a band that has cared for its fan the way PJ has to now turn a blind eye in the way this is occurring is mind boggling. 
  • cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:

Please then explain to me how for nearly 32 years PJ has managed to escape the platinum ticketing practice but it is only until now this is occurring? I'm not saying PJ is being malicious because we have a choice. I'll still give them my money any day of the week but, to absolve them seems negligent. I said earlier we have been told that in order to obtain best seats at low prices there would be market priced tickets, totally fair. Their prerogative but to dismiss what is actually occurring and how a band that has cared for its fan the way PJ has to now turn a blind eye in the way this is occurring is mind boggling. 
    This is where we differ. You assume you know everything about the contract with ticketmaster. All you see is a high ticket price and assume that pearl jam got to decide the ceiling for tickets. 

Nobody knows. So you are assuming malicious behavior.  Its all good. Fan2fan not being opened yet sucks and is total bullshit. But again we dont know the particulars.  
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    1. Tour with TM/LN.
    2. Don't tour.

Please tell me you don't believe PJ wishes tickets were $20. I'll give you that they're "fighting" for us members but only just enough to make as much as they wish to make while also being in bed with TM, maybe out of necessity. A member of this club being stuck with a pair of tickets that otherwise would have sold if not for locking F2F this long is likely to hurt them a lot more than it would hurt Matt or Stone had TM not be asking for $4700 a seat at MSG. 
    Yup, I do.  Why?  Because those are their principles and I don't believe they are the kind of people to just abandon those principles.  Is $20 realistic in 2022?  Absolutely not, which is why they can't make that happen.  You think PJ/10C want F2F locked right now?  No, that is all TM.  Their ENTIRE business model is based on creating artificial hype.  That's how you sell 300 level tickets at full prices and good tickets at "platinum" prices.  It's not complicated.  And to answer the next question you asked, this platinum/dynamic pricing is still fairly new.  Maybe PJ was able to negotiate out of it completely for 2020 but weren't able to get that deal in 2022.  Again, you're accusing them of having 100% control and failing us or being in bed with TM when the truth is that TM has the monopoly and PJ's choices are to play by their rules or stay home.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 350
    edited April 2022
    However much involvement you think the band has in the Ticketmaster F2F onsale, I assure you the moderators of the message board have none whatsoever. Not sure what @ ing them does apart from allowing you to misdirect your frustration.

In terms of ticket pricing and the monopoly TM/LN have on venues, have folks forgotten what happened when the band tried to tour without TM? The landscape was less monopolized then than it is now and it was a nightmare, for band and for many fans. 

Post edited by heartofadog on
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22)
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    I would agree they would be aware of it.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,297
    PB11041 said:
    I can't remember if the fan to fan was done directly through the ticketmaster portal or if there was a special setup in 2020, but if not then it is clear that it won't open until two weeks before each show date.  I have Wilco tickets this month, I can sell my night one tickets but my other tickets are still for 15 days from now.
    It was directly through TM in 2020
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    1. Tour with TM/LN.
    2. Don't tour.

3. Allow fans to sell back tickets at any price up to face value at any time.

Limiting when F2F opens and not allowing fans to reduce their resale price is extraordinarily concerning because its an anti competitive pricing strategy aimed to artificially inflate prices.

PJ had the resources to negotiate a fairer agreement with TM, if they had any interest in selling tickets at FAIR market value.
    However much involvement you think the band has in the Ticketmaster F2F onsale, I assure you the moderators of the message board have none whatsoever. Not sure what @ ing them does apart from allowing you to misdirect your frustration.

In terms of ticket pricing and the monopoly TM/LN have on venues, have folks forgotten what happened when the band tried to tour without TM? The landscape was less monopolized then than it is now and it was a nightmare, for band and for many fans. 

You're right....asking for answers from representation of the band to its fan club is an absurd thought particularly when asking them on the fan club's platform which they manage. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited April 2022
    Not knowing all the particulars or all the players, agreeing to $5,000 ticket prices and negotiating f2f windows seem like things that high level management and the band agree to. I don't think the fan club has all that much involvement, so I try to separate 10c somewhat from these criticisms. I do think 10c deserves all the credit in the world for the ticket lottery we just had as I thought all of those returned tickets would be platinum. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • AP238641AP238641 Posts: 43
    This is an email I received from TM when asking about the timing of the F2F exchange (sale). 

So TM is basically saying PJ Tour organizer will give TM the go ahead to open the F2F exchange. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    AP238641 said:
    This is an email I received from TM when asking about the timing of the F2F exchange (sale). 

So TM is basically saying PJ Tour organizer will give TM the go ahead to open the F2F exchange. 

Certainly contradicts the theory that TM is the only one with a say in this. 
    bbiggs said:
    AP238641 said:

Certainly contradicts the theory that TM is the only one with a say in this. 
    But it was me acting out of turn making "assumptions" of how these agreements work. If nobody takes the blame is there really any blame to place then? They surely would be running to take the credit.......
    I continue to not know the particulars or who has agreed to what. 

JimmyV said:
    I continue to not know the particulars or who has agreed to what. 
    Nor will we ever know the exact particulars.....however as the old saying goes...."don't piss on my back and tell me it is rain".....this is exactly how this all feels....
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    AP238641 said:

Its likely they are referring to the underwriter/ promoter,  which is Live Nation, who is the company that owns TM
  • tombellancatombellanca Posts: 117
    From the fan2fan EV experience - am I able to sell my extras to a friend?  Or am I just putting into a pool of tickets for any fan to buy?
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
    From the fan2fan EV experience - am I able to sell my extras to a friend?  Or am I just putting into a pool of tickets for any fan to buy?
    A pool for any fan to buy. 

Currently you aren't able to sell them at all.........
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    You could just log onto your friends phone with your TM account and download the tickets into his wallet.

NYPJ
  • tombellancatombellanca Posts: 117
    wall232 said:
    You could just log onto your friends phone with your TM account and download the tickets into his wallet.

interesting idea...thanks.

6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
    AP238641 said:

Its likely they are referring to the underwriter/ promoter,  which is Live Nation, who is the company that owns TM
    Exactly.

edited April 2022
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    cmalisze said:
    JimmyV said:
    1. Tour with TM/LN.
    2. Don't tour.

3. Allow fans to sell back tickets at any price up to face value at any time.

Limiting when F2F opens and not allowing fans to reduce their resale price is extraordinarily concerning because its an anti competitive pricing strategy aimed to artificially inflate prices.

PJ had the resources to negotiate a fairer agreement with TM, if they had any interest in selling tickets at FAIR market value.
    Were you there?  If so, please enlighten us on how the negotiations went down.  As to your second sentence...yeah, no kidding, "anti-competitive" is TicketMaster's entire business model!  They are the ones who want to throttle ticket sales to jack up demand/prices.  So absurd that fans IN THE TEN CLUB think 10C has it out for them.  Why do you continue to pay your membership fee then?  Up until 2020, there were NO TRANSFERS allowed for 10C tickets (other than your +1 at the 2018 ballpark shows).  Remember?  You either attended or ate your tickets.

Post edited by given2fly23 on
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    wall232 said:

interesting idea...thanks.

That’s what I did 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    edited April 2022
    wall232 said:

yah while they appear to be locked down there seem to be two major weak points in the system:

1) The email you get after you win, that has the link you click to put the tickets onto your TM account.  It doesn't seem to matter whose TM account those tickets get linked to.  So you have the ability to give them to a friend at that point.

2) The afore mentioned log into your TM account on your friends phone, and click download to our wallet on your tickets.  This will put the tickets in your friends Google or Apple wallet.  

For a locked down system, those are two fairly significant weak points in the system :(

If you do the formal F2F thing, then it goes into a general pool, so you need to line that up with your friend so they can snag them at that precise time.  

• AP238641AP238641 Posts: 43
    I am fine with the process. I would just like a little more clarity on the date the F2F will open, so I can make sure to post the tickets. Remember some states do not apply to the restrictions on transfers. Colorado and New York shows CAN transfer tickets. I think Illinois might be an exempt state as well. 
    I think the 10C is the best fan club out there with consistent efforts to make sure fans get tickets at a reasonable price. These events are an anomaly... They are rescheduled from 2 years ago. There are bound to be hiccups.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    I am curious about the need to blame PJ for all of this. To what end? Let's say everyone agrees that this was the band's decision. What then?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."