Ohana 2022?

Comments

• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    Well, I just saved a ton of money. Looks like Saturday only this year. Hopefully we get another encore weekend this year. 
  • JP218404 said:
    Vedder. White. Strings.  That’s a night 
    Seriously.  I would not want to go on after Billy melts the audiences faces.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    edited April 2022
    With the exception of Ed and Jack that's one rough lineup.  Yikes.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    He is gonna destroy that place 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,770
    I thought Painted Shield was supposed to play
    I miss igotid88
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,517
    Doug87 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    I guess stone basically confirmed an encore weekend then with painted shield. Wonder if that’s when Bruce will show up since all the acts they followed on social media were announced in this 
    Would not bet on seeing Bruce & The E Street Band before 2023. I also don't see Ohana paying the guarantee for an E Street Band show. If Bruce wants to throw Ed a solid, he could do an acoustic set though. That's a different possibility.
    or Bruce as a guest with Eddie and the Earthlings, but yeah definitely do not see Bruce and E Street happening

I get the feeling EV and the Earthlings isn't going to be the easiest band to book.   Given other members of the band have other bands with touring commitments and what not.   I do wonder how often they'll get a chance to reconvene.  I'm guessing at a minimum Chad Smith is going to be busy for a while touring the new RHCP album?   I don't recall Janes Addiction being superactive anymore?   Glen Hansard cancelled all his tour dates to deal with a family issue :(

but yah.. you do wonder how often the stars will align for more EV & The Earthlings shows.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    Mike Campbell.... don't forget 
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    PinoyPJ said:
    PRL1JAM said:
    I completely regret not booking a room when I saw the “rumor” dates announced earlier in here earlier. 

I got a room last time (Ohana 2021) that was 5 miles away from the venue. Both nights, after numerous attempts, I couldn’t get an Uber back to my hotel. Both nights I walked 5 miles back to my hotel. I was hoping for something closer this time around. 

Looks like everything even remotely close by is completely sold out already. Has anyone ever had any luck on any booked rooms that were sold out, but eventually became available in the future by chance, due to cancellations, etc? 
    you're better off parking nearby neighborhood streets than walk 5 miles!
    It’s a great point, but I always enjoy drinking a “couple” beverages at the show, so I left my car at the hotel. This time around I was hoping to find something closer, so I can enjoy my drinks and not have to walk as far from the venue. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    Guessing encore isn't going to happen. It only happened to perceived demand last year. I think they are realizing the CA market is saturated with shows. They couldn't sell it out in 2021 when it was the only shows of the year. Smart move for PJ to sit this one out. Maybe squeeze in some domed stadium or a fall October arena run.

Bands rarely play a festival 2 years in a row that I can think of. It's Eddie's festival so he can put himself anytime he wants.
    Also the California shows aren't sold out yet. So if they're in this lineup. The same thing with the Bourbon and Beyond. People will cancel their other shows and go to this. 
    I miss igotid88
    edited April 2022
    P!nk is the first big pop star they've had I believe. Although she's not as big as before. But still big. Maybe we'll see a Beyonce or Taylor one day
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,614
    anyone who got a cheap hotel room or villa, and wants to back out, holler at me B)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    igotid88 said:
    P!nk is the first big pop star they've had I believe. Although she's not as big as before. But still big. Maybe we'll see a Beyonce or Taylor one day
    I hope not!! 
    No B,No T....
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    IMO clearly look to have placed an emphasis on female headliners
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Encore weekend is definitely happening but probably won't be announced for a couple months. Could see KOL opening for PJ and Jane's opening for RHCP. 
  • BH76306BH76306 Posts: 98
    JP218404 said:
    Manchester Orchestra is easily my favorite non-PJ band the last 12 years. They put on an incredible rock and roll show. What a lineup for Oct. 1
  • Go Animal said:
    anyone who got a cheap hotel room or villa, and wants to back out, holler at me B)
    i'll have some rooms i'm letting go Animal.  I can ask them if they'll transfer, if not i'll tell you when i'm cancelling tonight.  pm me for some details.  
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    igotid88 said:
    I thought Painted Shield was supposed to play
    Came here to ask the same question.
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    Sept 30th is my birthday, and I've never seen Stevie Nicks live, so I have to go now. And as a Detroiter now living in California, I need to see Jack White as well. So yeah, I got the last room at the closest hotel, <5 miles away. All other hotels w/in walking distance are booked. I usually can nab one of those, but they're all sold out, so demand is unusually high for Ohana already.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    Lots of possibilities for  a Stevie/Ed duet. 

https://youtu.be/H5i7j0VhEHw

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    chiefnjk said:
    Encore weekend is definitely happening but probably won't be announced for a couple months. Could see KOL opening for PJ and Jane's opening for RHCP. 
    is this a a rumor or fact?
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    edited April 2022
    This is an easy pass. Really hoping for Encore again this year.

NYPJ
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited April 2022
    Wonder if PJ plays ACL.  If not then Denver is the last show 

would they rev the machine back up two weeks after Denver?  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    edited April 2022
    I still think an Encore weekend is possible. I commented on Mrtsurt’s Instagram post yesterday asking about an encore weekend and he liked it. Could mean something, maybe not.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 574
    I still think an Encore weekend is possible. I commented on Mrsturt’s Instagram post yesterday asking about an encore weekend and he liked it. Could mean something, maybe not.
    yup between this, Stone saying Painted Shield is playing and the vendor rumor that was proven to be correct about Ohana being 2 weekends it seems like they will do 2. especially since that article last year that said they wanted to expand Ohana. the Ohana social media accounts are a giveaway and like i said previously everyone that they followed has been announced except Painted Shield and Bruce
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    any giant RUGS this year?  Maybe an Ohana Armoire to Lug around the festival grounds
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    I still think an Encore weekend is possible. I commented on Mrsturt’s Instagram post yesterday asking about an encore weekend and he liked it. Could mean something, maybe not.
    yup between this, Stone saying Painted Shield is playing and the vendor rumor that was proven to be correct about Ohana being 2 weekends it seems like they will do 2. especially since that article last year that said they wanted to expand Ohana. the Ohana social media accounts are a giveaway and like i said previously everyone that they followed has been announced except Painted Shield and Bruce
    I am not a Bruce fan, but Painted Shield would be great. And of course PJ too.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    edited April 2022
    Billy Strings is gonna blow the minds of a lot of PJ fans. Also, don't sleep on Khruangbin, Gang of Youths, St. Paul, Manchester Orchestra and Kevin Morby.

Last year was my first trip to Ohana. The organizers did a terrific job of filling the lineup with quality lineup, and this year looks to be the same. Try to get there early each day and soak it all in. 
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    Ohana tickets secured!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    They are going to need to figure out the business model if Encore is going to continue. You can't announce one festival and sell tickets only to announce a second festival later. Particularly not one where Pearl Jam plays, because much of Ed's audience will look at that as a better bill than this, no matter who is underneath. You could get away with it last year because Encore clearly was devised after the original Ohana announcement was made in 2020. You can't do that every year. ACL doesn't do that. Coachella doesn't do that. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."