Ohana 2022?

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    I booked a few rooms for both weekends....will eventually throw them back. And ALWAYS park on local streets near and walk...it's never that hard to find a spot if you go early
    I don't know if these would fit the vibe of Ohana; but would be epic - NIN and Rage Against the Machine are open...
    RAGE!!!!!  
  • DSchmitzDSchmitz Posts: 26
    So excited to go to Ohana for the first time! Looking for hotel recommendations other Laguna Cliffs at $700+ a night. Any ideas?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    Gotta figure Neil Young will play some year given how often Ed/PJ played the Bridge School. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 242
    DSchmitz said:
    So excited to go to Ohana for the first time! Looking for hotel recommendations other Laguna Cliffs at $700+ a night. Any ideas?
    If you can get a room at Dana Point Marina Inn, it's super convenient for walking to the show. Not cheap by my standards but worth the convenience.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 830
    I booked refundable airbnb for both weekends yesterday at not insane prices. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,666
    DSchmitz said:
    If you have a car you can stay just up the road in Laguna for a whole lot less than Dana Point.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    DSchmitz said:
    If you have a car you can stay just up the road in Laguna for a whole lot less than Dana Point.
    This, and there is street parking available if you get there fairly early and are willing to walk 10 minutes or so. I found an AirBnB for Encore last year that was a 20 minute walk away, but as I was driving around a little bit Saturday during the day, I spied a lot of places that someone could drive to Dana Point, park and then walk to the show. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,889
    I have used the shuttle in past years.  It’s a pretty decent service with plenty of parking at the shuttle origin.  Last year they moved that origin at the last minute (relatively speaking) which wrecked some people’s plans to stay near the past shuttle location but it was my lucky day as I happened to have previously booked a place near the new location.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    DSchmitz said:
    Yup. We stayed in Laguna Hills last year and just got there early and parked. It was maybe a 10 minute walk to the venue. Easy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,787
    Go to the rib joint and wait out the ubers.  Strong drinks, mediocre food, cover band, and awesome atmosphere.  
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,566
    I booked a few rooms for both weekends....will eventually throw them back. And ALWAYS park on local streets near and walk...it's never that hard to find a spot if you go early
    I have done the same thing for parking the last 2 festivals. We get an ABnB about 20 minutes away up by Laguna and head down around 11 and stroll right in. Always parking available and an easy 15 minutes walk past all the people waiting for shuttles, Ubers and rides.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Get_Right said:
    Go to the rib joint and wait out the ubers.  Strong drinks, mediocre food, cover band, and awesome atmosphere.  
    definitely. I also had good luck on the Sunday first weekend parking at the beach lot.  Encore weekend I did the shuttle which worked well too.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 166
    Hopefully we get Jack Johnson and Ben Harper with them being in the state and having a day off during that weekend. He's due for another appearance after last playing 2017. Would be really great if the chili peppers played again with frusciante back. Their tour dates end September 25th and are playing some festivals along with stadiums this summer. They all live close and seem to be pretty friendly with each other and the RHCP used to play some smaller shows around CA. Saw them at the fonda theatre for a KROQ halloween concert in 2016 that fits like 1,200 and a Bernie Sanders fundraiser at the ace hotel theatre in downtown LA.

Would also likely get a chance to see klinghoffer play some songs with the chilis. I know some people don't like that PJ added Josh to the touring lineup but he really is great in that position. Before joining RHCP after John left he played the same role with RHCP on the last 6 months of their stadium arcadium tour while Josh was touring as part of Gnarls Barkley who opened. He stayed in the background and played guitar and keys/background vocals allowing them to play songs with multiple guitar tracks that they hadn't previously been able to. There is a good pro-shot video of one of the concerts with Josh playing with RHCP from 2007 on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhrCbZBAC7M

Worth checking out if you are a fan of Josh and the RHCP
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Uke / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2024
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    I really really hope RHCP are on the bill this year. They are just a different band with John. Ben Harper would also be a fantastic addition. Was hoping Wolf Alice (the best band on the planet right now) would be playing  but don’t think it fits in with their schedule.
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    JimmyV said:
    Gotta figure Neil Young will play some year given how often Ed/PJ played the Bridge School. 
    A Neil Jam Mirror Ball set would be amazing.
  • JimmyV said:
    A Neil Jam Mirror Ball set would be amazing.
    Ok THAT would actually be mind-blowing. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Not a fan of Neil’s music but I would love someone like David Gilmour one day.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    RHCP taking the Foo slot at NOLA Jazz Fest. So they are playing some festivals. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    JimmyV said:
    RHCP taking the Foo slot at NOLA Jazz Fest. So they are playing some festivals. 
    Beale Street Fest got Sammy Hagar to replace them.  :D
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,350
    edited April 2022
    I have used the shuttle in past years.  It’s a pretty decent service with plenty of parking at the shuttle origin.  Last year they moved that origin at the last minute (relatively speaking) which wrecked some people’s plans to stay near the past shuttle location but it was my lucky day as I happened to have previously booked a place near the new location.  
    I paid for shuttle passes that were never delivered. When I tried to get my money refunded, I was told no refunds were available.  The person I went to the shows with also never received his shuttle passes.  So buyer beware.

I ended up paying 30 bucks to park for each of the three shows PJ headlined-- 10 bucks for a shuttle pass I never received and 20 bucks to park at the public beach lot (which turned out to be a much better deal than the shuttle could have been-- it was a 10-minute walk to my car and then I was straight out onto the highway for the drive home).  I definitely won't be buying shuttle passes this year.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,889
    BF25394 said:
    I paid for shuttle passes that were never delivered. When I tried to get my money refunded, I was told no refunds were available.  The person I went to the shows with also never received his shuttle passes.  So buyer beware.

I ended up paying 30 bucks to park for each of the three shows PJ headlined-- 10 bucks for a shuttle pass I never received and 20 bucks to park at the public beach lot (which turned out to be a much better deal than the shuttle could have been-- it was a 10-minute walk to my car and then I was straight out onto the highway for the drive home).  I definitely won't be buying shuttle passes this year.
    Sorry to hear that. I’ve bought the pass each year and they have always been delivered by email.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    BF25394 said:

Sorry to hear that. I’ve bought the pass each year and they have always been delivered by email.  
    Yeah. There was no physical pass last year. You checked in with the folks at the parking area and they gave you a wristband. 
    I ALWAYS find street parking 10 min away.. you just have to not lag and go a bit early...I laugh at the Uber lot folks as I get to my car and they're still waiting
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 830
    I ALWAYS find street parking 10 min away.. you just have to not lag and go a bit early...I laugh at the Uber lot folks as I get to my car and they're still waiting
    I have never once gotten to the end of an Ohana day and thought it would be prudent for me to be driving.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    kaw753 said:
    I have never once gotten to the end of an Ohana day and thought it would be prudent for me to be driving.
    That would be my issue too. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    kaw753 said:
    No thanks on the$15 beers and cans of hard seltzer
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,350
    BF25394 said:

Yeah. There was no physical pass last year. You checked in with the folks at the parking area and they gave you a wristband. 
    Was this communicated beforehand?  This was the first time I went to Ohana, so I wasn't operating off an assumption from prior years.  As I recall, I was told in the email confirming the purchase of the passes that I would receive the passes via email.  Also, the friend I referenced in my initial post received shuttle passes via email for the first weekend, but didn't receive anything for the second weekend.  I didn't get them for either (I only went Sunday on the first weekend, and then both nights on the second weekend).
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

Was this communicated beforehand?  This was the first time I went to Ohana, so I wasn't operating off an assumption from prior years.  As I recall, I was told in the email confirming the purchase of the passes that I would receive the passes via email.  Also, the friend I referenced in my initial post received shuttle passes via email for the first weekend, but didn't receive anything for the second weekend.  I didn't get them for either (I only went Sunday on the first weekend, and then both nights on the second weekend).

It must have been communicated beforehand because this was my first Ohana and I had no concerns going down there.
    Here's what was included in the email way back in the day:
    'Your Digital PrintPass(es) will be emailed to the address you provided. You will receive an individual email per ticket purchased with that ticket attached closer to the date of the festival. Each barcode can only be scanned one time for entry. Questions? Please visit support.frontgatetickets.com.'