“PJ Premium” on Ticketmaster?

igotid_8igotid_8 Posts: 501
So there is now a countdown on the Ticketmaster site for when the tickets go on sale.  There is the Verified Fan sale, and something called “PJ Premium.”  What is PJ Premium? 

2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
2004 Toledo
2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
2009 Chicago
2010 Cleveland
2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
2014 Detroit
2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
2022 Hamilton
2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
2024 Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2

Comments

• thats their scalping platform
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,761
    A select few seats will be priced higher 
    I miss igotid88
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    thats their scalping platform
    Direct and accurate. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    edited March 2022
    I heard an interesting thought the other day.  We all seem to accept the better seats for sporting events costing more.  Why would concerts be any different?   If charging more helps keep other tickets lower than so be it.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    PJ Premium is their way of not calling it Platinum. TM is about to hold back a bunch of tickets during tomorrow's sale and then strategically release them in the coming weeks at crazy prices.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 513
    igotid_8 said:
    So there is now a countdown on the Ticketmaster site for when the tickets go on sale.  There is the Verified Fan sale, and something called “PJ Premium.”  What is PJ Premium? 

That appears to be what they are calling the Platinum Tickets for these shows.
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    I heard an interesting thought the other day.  We all seem to accept the better seats for sporting events costing more.  Why would concerts be any different?   If charging more helps keep other tickets lower than so be it.
    It's capitalism. I don't blame the band for trying to get as much money as they can.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123

I don't really go to sporting events anymore because the TV experience is so much better. And cheaper.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,696
    Just be careful during the ticket buying frenzy tomorrow. In the rush to pick up any available tickets, people will be clicking on the higher priced premium ones and not realizing it until they complete the purchase. I remember there were people in 2020 during the F2F sale who clicked on and purchased the expensive Vitalogy charity tickets because of the rush to finish the transaction. I almost did it a few times. 
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Its probably a comprise with TM since 10c likely gets more tickets then what is "normal" for a fan club.  Also, have some tickets much higher in theory keeps the average costs down. 

"In order to maintain low ticket prices and fan club accessibility, we will be releasing a limited number of premium tickets to the public at market rate price at a later date. "

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 879
    edited March 2022
    Be careful if you're verified and hurriedly buy the first seats you see. They might be premium. Check your total before finalizing.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    They told us it helps keep our 10C ticket prices low  :wink:
  • patkelly12patkelly12 Posts: 361
    Its called evolving as an artist.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    It's not scalping if they're selling them themselves.. lol. 

My tip is be patient.   I bought Platinum tix for one of the Earthlings shows in Seattle and had I had any kind of patience I could of had seats in the first 6 rows for less than face value.  Platinum tickets are a marathon not a race.

I guess these won't be the same as before covid when they were selling platinum tickets but the proceeds went to the charity?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,761
    Zod said:

My tip is be patient.   I bought Platinum tix for one of the Earthlings shows in Seattle and had I had any kind of patience I could of had seats in the first 6 rows for less than face value.  Platinum tickets are a marathon not a race.

I guess these won't be the same as before covid when they were selling platinum tickets but the proceeds went to the charity?
    They didn't call it platinum tickets. It was specifically for charity 
    I miss igotid88
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    Zod said:

I'm curious about this. I have noticed that the prices for 'platinum' tickets do fluctuate, but are you suggesting that eventually they dip below face value if they aren't sold? Or did you come across someone selling after you had bought platinum tickets?
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    Lifted said:
    Zod said:

I'm curious about this. I have noticed that the prices for 'platinum' tickets do fluctuate, but are you suggesting that eventually they dip below face value if they aren't sold? Or did you come across someone selling after you had bought platinum tickets?
    For Eddie shows they dipped to face value day of
    Lifted said:
    Zod said:

They held too many back for many of the EV shows.  I think they over estimated demand.. in the weeks leading up to the show they started dumping platinum tickets at face value, and the day of the show you could buy 6th row for 199 which I believe was $30 less than face value for comparable tickets on release day.

I think this happens with many bands.   They hold a bunch back, so if someone wants to buy expensive tickets they're always available.  The goal is always have some posted, all the time, up to the day of the concert.  Which means they have to hold a lot back.   That way they compete with scalpers kind of thing (but in terms of PJ/EV scalping is hard.. but that's the gist of the reasoning).  So if they don't sell those tickets and the show gets closer, they have to blow them out because no ones paying $400 for them.

The other thing I noticed is the tickets kept getting better and better.  It's like the blew out the ok ones and the mediocre ones first and saved the best for last.  Complete rows in the first 10 rows kind of thing.  

Platinum really makes you dizzy with how many layers it adds to the process.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    Zod said:
    Lifted said:
    Zod said:

They held too many back for many of the EV shows.  I think they over estimated demand.. in the weeks leading up to the show they started dumping platinum tickets at face value, and the day of the show you could buy 6th row for 199 which I believe was $30 less than face value for comparable tickets on release day.

I think this happens with many bands.   They hold a bunch back, so if someone wants to buy expensive tickets they're always available.  The goal is always have some posted, all the time, up to the day of the concert.  Which means they have to hold a lot back.   That way they compete with scalpers kind of thing (but in terms of PJ/EV scalping is hard.. but that's the gist of the reasoning).  So if they don't sell those tickets and the show gets closer, they have to blow them out because no ones paying $400 for them.

The other thing I noticed is the tickets kept getting better and better.  It's like the blew out the ok ones and the mediocre ones first and saved the best for last.  Complete rows in the first 10 rows kind of thing.  

Platinum really makes you dizzy with how many layers it adds to the process.
    Wow. Very interesting and good information. Thanks.
  • moleculemolecule Posts: 622
    Is Verified Fan required for PJ Premium?
    🤙
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,980
    Too darn complicated. It's only rock and roll. Good luck all.
    edited March 2022
    molecule said:
    Is Verified Fan required for PJ Premium?
    No; they'll sell ridiculously priced tickets to any sucker willing to pay

I'm a sucker :)
  • Platinum tix are a sham. Paid $70 for a Bon Iver ticket at onsale that is now $155. Scalping. 
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • ahhh maaaan....  just realized that the 10c registration we did last week is a separate registration process then todays sale.  so missed the window.  DOH.  guess i'll be standing outside with a finger in the air for these shows.
    Platinum tix are a sham. Paid $70 for a Bon Iver ticket at onsale that is now $155. Scalping. 

Scalping is paying 70 for a ticket then selling it for 155.

Selling your own tickets for 155 is not scalping, that's just selling your own tickets for 155.
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    So those who have VF codes,  how much are the Premium tickets?
    I'm still 1,527 in line after 10 minutes!!
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945

For Hamilton, it looks like the max right now is $650 Canadian (with fees) each for center ice, third row. Most seem to be around $300-400 Canadian (again, with fees).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • jiammm14jiammm14 Posts: 42
    For some reason I’m can’t get into the queue . It doesn’t recognize my account even though oli did all the steps
    Guess we needed a TM VF code even for Platinums.  MSG 206 Uppers for $701