“PJ Premium” on Ticketmaster?

1192021222325»

Comments

• on2legs said:
    dmbolp said:
    The game has changed.  Waiting to purchase is now the better strategy; take advantage of it.
    This.  Someone has a chance to score some great seats if prices fall like the Earthlings tour.  
    This is what we did. Waited until a few days before the Newark show, got seats for what I would have paid through 10c, yet there were "platinum" seats in the same row for 3x what I paid.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    You could get into the Chicago shows for $25 day of. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,427
    edited April 2022
    on2legs said:
    dmbolp said:
    The game has changed.  Waiting to purchase is now the better strategy; take advantage of it.
    This.  Someone has a chance to score some great seats if prices fall like the Earthlings tour.  
    This is what we did. Waited until a few days before the Newark show, got seats for what I would have paid through 10c, yet there were "platinum" seats in the same row for 3x what I paid.
    Do you see that happening for MSG or Camden? The demand is completely different for these shows in that area.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    The announcement said premium is to keep prices down, which could be interpreted as more TC seats at a very reasonable face value. The issue for me is no fan to fan resale access, which is pumping up the premium prices. 

They gave fans one week to figure out if they can make a rescheduled show after two years of waiting, but the band and LN get multiple weeks (likely will be over a month) to limit competition to drive up prices for PJ premium tickets.
  • PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    dmbolp said:
    Do you see that happening for MSG or Camden? The demand is completely different for these shows in that area.
    Honestly, no. Camden is a very tough ticket. And MSG is a completely different beast since transfers are allowed.
    We did get lucky for Camden, my daughter won pit and my husband and I both won reserved. My daughter also won seats for MSG back in 2020 and has held on to them.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    dmbolp said:
    Honestly, no. Camden is a very tough ticket. And MSG is a completely different beast since transfers are allowed.
    We did get lucky for Camden, my daughter won pit and my husband and I both won reserved. My daughter also won seats for MSG back in 2020 and has held on to them.
    It seems like some are expecting this to happen. Sure some few might get lucky on a drop with MSG or fan to fan with Camden but the vast majority without tickets right now for those shows will be shut out unless they pay the premium prices or get a fan to sell it to them on this board.
  • washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 879
    edited April 2022
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    dmbolp said:
    It seems like some are expecting this to happen. Sure some few might get lucky on a drop with MSG or fan to fan with Camden but the vast majority without tickets right now for those shows will be shut out unless they pay the premium prices or get a fan to sell it to them on this board.
    Completely agree. My earlier comment referred to ticket sales in general for other bands and other geographic locations. We got lucky for EdVed Earthlings, but there was no where near the same demand for his solo gigs as there is for PJ. We originally had passed on it because I wasn't impressed with what had been released at that time, and was totally put off by pricing. But as it got closer, and a lot of my friends were going to be there, we decided to go.

I have picked up front row seats in drops the day of or day before shows in the past - shows at the Beacon, great side seats at MSG and also venues in Philly. But those were pre-covid and things have changed. I'm sure it does still happen but I don't believe it's as common as it used to be. ETA: Those seats are now considered platinum, so it's different than it was years ago.
    Post edited by washed in black on

PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    dmbolp said:
    Completely agree. My earlier comment referred to ticket sales in general for other bands and other geographic locations. We got lucky for EdVed Earthlings, but there was no where near the same demand for his solo gigs as there is for PJ. We originally had passed on it because I wasn't impressed with what had been released at that time, and was totally put off by pricing. But as it got closer, and a lot of my friends were going to be there, we decided to go.

I have picked up front row seats in drops the day of or day before shows in the past - shows at the Beacon, great side seats at MSG and also venues in Philly. But those were pre-covid and things have changed. I'm sure it does still happen but I don't believe it's as common as it used to be. ETA: Those seats are now considered platinum, so it's different than it was years ago.
    This is exactly where I started and almost certainly where I would have ended up had they come through Boston. 

• JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    dmbolp said:

This is exactly where I started and almost certainly where I would have ended up had they come through Boston. 
    It was a night out, and the first time in a long time that we saw a large group of friends. We asked one of those friends what he thought about the show, and his reply was "It was fine". Completely accurate. I bought one of the fresh pressings of Ed's record, it's still sealed. I'm glad we went because it was a fun social event, and that we paid the going 10c rate, rather than the high platinum price. 

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,088
    PJNB said:
    tdawe said:
    on2legs said:
    I’ll never pay for Premium PJ tickets.  But I respect their right to offer it if the result is we get substantially more fan club seats. There were very few people missing out on the Camden lottery despite it being the only new show offered in the North East - Pearl Jam’s toughest area to pull a ticket.  
    I haven’t read through this whole insane thread but I think this is right. Premium pricing sucks, and by no means am I here to say that the current approach is perfect, but if you’re going to roast the band for offering expensive tickets you at least have to acknowledge that they really did get more tickets in the hands of club members than ever before. 

My recollection is that final MSG odds back in January 2020 were in the 40’s or thereabouts. The odds for the two 2016 Garden shows were single digits. That’s fucking wild. 
    You are comparing GA 2016 odds to reserved 2020 odds. Also 2016 had a full east coast run to dampen competition for New York. I am sure 10C got more tickets in 2020 compared to 2016 though as they said. 
    I could be wrong but my recollection from 2016 was that reserved odds ended up touching single digits for both shows. In any event I think we agree that it seems like there are way way more fan club tickets than there were for prior tours. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    JimmyV said:
    Was getting more fanclub seats ever put forth by 10c as a reason for PJ Premium? I know they mentioned keeping fanclub prices down - which is appreciated - but did they ever anywhere connect it to ticket quantities?
    Yes… In the March 14th email they said it was to maintain fan club accessibility.  

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    Was getting more fanclub seats ever put forth by 10c as a reason for PJ Premium? I know they mentioned keeping fanclub prices down - which is appreciated - but did they ever anywhere connect it to ticket quantities?
    Yes… In the March 14th email they said it was to maintain fan club accessibility.  

Gotcha. 

• jgriffsjgriffs Posts: 8
    Tickets may have sold out in seconds, but if you check the TM site for the shows now, almost all of them have plenty of seats available. I have 2 to Sacramento and Oakland I am trying to sell, as I have a family emergency that took me out of the country... This TM resale thing is Total sham. I think I'm gonna get stuck with a $1,500 bill for two shows I can't get to. 

• iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,727
    I think being able to sell on F to F for less than face would sure be nice to recoup some money for folks who can't make it, at the same time having someone in the seat at the show instead of empty. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    I think being able to sell on F to F for less than face would sure be nice to recoup some money for folks who can't make it, at the same time having someone in the seat at the show instead of empty. 
    Preventing below face sales is indefensible really.   As long as there are better seats available at face, the less desirable seats won't ever sell at the same price. Some people who would otherwise skip the show at 130/ticket will attend for 65/ticket. More butts in seats and fans get some of their money back. Win win. What's the downside? 
  • ClownofThornsClownofThorns Posts: 165
    SHZA said:
    Preventing below face sales is indefensible really.   As long as there are better seats available at face, the less desirable seats won't ever sell at the same price. Some people who would otherwise skip the show at 130/ticket will attend for 65/ticket. More butts in seats and fans get some of their money back. Win win. What's the downside? 
    Punishing people who pay absurd amounts for premium tickets is a plus in my book. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    SHZA said:
    Punishing people who pay absurd amounts for premium tickets is a plus in my book. 
    Sounds like you resent people with money. The premium pricing subsidizes the standard sales. I don't see how it's a plus to punish someone for buying tickets they can't use, whether they paid $100 or $1,000. 
  • ClownofThornsClownofThorns Posts: 165
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    Sounds like you resent people with money. The premium pricing subsidizes the standard sales. I don't see how it's a plus to punish someone for buying tickets they can't use, whether they paid $100 or $1,000. 
    "Resent" might not be the best word, but the sentiment is close enough, so....yeah. 
    I remain more than a little surprised that so many of these PJ Premium tickets sold at price points above $1,000 before fees. It's wild that people were willing to make that purchase, especially when so many of the seats were not best in the house. 

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,652
    JimmyV said:
    I remain more than a little surprised that so many of these PJ Premium tickets sold at price points above $1,000 before fees. It's wild that people were willing to make that purchase, especially when so many of the seats were not best in the house. 
    I wonder how many were folks thinking they had F2F as a safety net only to realize that they couldn't drop the price and ended up or will end up eating the cost.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    $9,950 floor seats onsale at MSG. Get 'em while they're hot!

JimmyV said:
    $22,845.20 For the pair lol. $2,945.20 in fees. But delivery is Free! Amaziing
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    $22,845.20 For the pair lol. $2,945.20 in fees. But delivery is Free! Amaziing
    Bruce Springsteen doesn't see a problem with this. I'm joking. Please no one get upset over this.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,886
    Maybe they’re trying to make the $4500 ticket that hasn’t sold for a few weeks look like a good deal.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • The other day there were tickets in my section going for $3K per ticket. My wife said "so, you're going to sell yours, right?" I think she was half kidding :)

I would assume with shortened sets and the ever present covid risk, nobody is paying those prices. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,781
    The prices will come down but I am guessing around $700 to get a ticket on secondary market. Too much for me.
  • L1quidL1quid Posts: 75
    They can charge what they want but to claim they need to sell Premium tickets to offset $162 tickets is a farce.  Just be honest with people: its about supply and demand, and there are enough wealthy people willing to pay $1000/ticket to see PJ.
  • rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 147
    edited April 2023
    Post edited by rahjiim on