“PJ Premium” on Ticketmaster?

Comments

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    SH211703 said:
    So anyone can buy PJ Premium? Or did i have to be selected?

Everyone is welcome to pay above face.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    mattcoz said:
    I heard an interesting thought the other day.  We all seem to accept the better seats for sporting events costing more.  Why would concerts be any different?   If charging more helps keep other tickets lower than so be it.
    They aren't different, better seats do cost more, and that's fine. That's not what's happening here.

I've never been to Scotiabank Arena. Maybe section 324 is a "premium" section...
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    JimmyV said:
    JR86440 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JR86440 said:
    Nothing wrong with premium. Gives opportunity to others who are not long time members to get very good seats. It’s not like they are selling a whole section. It’s a handful of seats. Plus PJ charging 100 per ticket is an absolute steal. Maybe this is going in their pockets or maybe it is charity. I’m fine with either. 
    It's not going to charity and I think you are going to be surprised at how many tickets turn out to be Premium. They just kept coming and coming for Ed's shows and those were in tiny theatres. 
    Maybe but they also specifically state that the premium tickets keep costs low for everybody else. 
    And that may or not be true, but let's not pretend the money is going to charity. 
    Reason I said that is because before it went to Vitalogy fund. I know because I bought two for Fenway.  Obviously could be different now. 

• I’ll keep my 10club seats in the back…
    Those were $1650 for people later in the queue FYI
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    JR86440 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JR86440 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JR86440 said:
    Nothing wrong with premium. Gives opportunity to others who are not long time members to get very good seats. It’s not like they are selling a whole section. It’s a handful of seats. Plus PJ charging 100 per ticket is an absolute steal. Maybe this is going in their pockets or maybe it is charity. I’m fine with either. 
    It's not going to charity and I think you are going to be surprised at how many tickets turn out to be Premium. They just kept coming and coming for Ed's shows and those were in tiny theatres. 
    Maybe but they also specifically state that the premium tickets keep costs low for everybody else. 
    And that may or not be true, but let's not pretend the money is going to charity. 
    Reason I said that is because before it went to Vitalogy fund. I know because I bought two for Fenway.  Obviously could be different now. 
    I hear you, and I don't mean to jump on you. There just has been a lot of misconception going back to the Earthlings tour that this was about charity and it's not. It's where the business of selling concert tickets is unfortunately going. Sucks. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    SH211703 said:

Not yet, can't get in if you didn't get VF
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    JBob87 said:
    Man if this is the new normal for 10c, pretty disappointing...long long time members in the last row of seats, most 10c members in the back of the 200s...and tickets in the 100s for almost a grand.

I know it's TM and not the band but this is really demoralizing. 
    It is the band willing to do business with TM. Do not confuse. TM makes the rules and PJ agrees to play by them. They have a choice. 
  • Pearl Jam’s response to premium tickets 
    “Blame Putin “ 
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    cmalisze said:
    JBob87 said:cmalisze said:
    JBob87 said:
    Man if this is the new normal for 10c, pretty disappointing...long long time members in the last row of seats, most 10c members in the back of the 200s...and tickets in the 100s for almost a grand.

It is the band willing to do business with TM. Do not confuse. TM makes the rules and PJ agrees to play by them. They have a choice. 

Technically they have a choice but we all saw what happened when they chose not to work with TM so is it really a choice especially when it's even worse these days? 
  • rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    Verified Fan is basically useless for the New York market where scalping is legal.  StubHub's inventory is now tripled from what it was yesterday for MSG.  I get it for a Camden, where you can then control the aftermarket, so you really are keeping it with fans.  But for an MSG, where scalpers are just registering for verified fan themselves, there shouldn't be the verified fan restriction.  
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    JP218404 said:
    Premium is also used to stop scalping. They will sit there for months at that high price then they will drop in cost a day before or day of
    Right, so TM self scalping as previously described.

TM will also drop their platinum tickets below market and fuck anyone trying to sell F2F. Don’t buy platinum unless your butt is going in that seat!
    Bands approve it to do what they can to stop the scalping of some of the best seats in the house.  

PJ should be applauded with this new ticketing system they rolled out. They have stopped the scalping in all the markets they can. NY and CO are the two they can’t… yet 

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    dmbolp said:
    Guess we needed a TM VF code even for Platinums.  MSG 206 Uppers for $701
    how do these prices compare to DMB platinum?
  • Pearl Jam’s response to premium tickets 
    “Blame Putin “ 
    Hahahaha
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Check that, 5k a seat. Sec 106 row 1
    Yup. $5006 PLUS fees
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    Can't join without being a verified fan

4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    SH211703 said:

Not yet, can't get in if you didn't get VF
    You have to be elite to then prove you are elite by buying 4 figure seats. I am not elite in either fashion, sadly or maybe happily. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Premium is also used to stop scalping. They will sit there for months at that high price then they will drop in cost a day before or day of
    Right, so TM self scalping as previously described.

TM will also drop their platinum tickets below market and fuck anyone trying to sell F2F. Don’t buy platinum unless your butt is going in that seat!
    Bands approve it to do what they can to stop the scalping of some of the best seats in the house.  

PJ should be applauded with this new ticketing system they rolled out. They have stopped the scalping in all the markets they can. NY and CO are the two they can’t… yet 

I’m happy I’m in a scalping market. The non-restriction also prevents us from selling to each other. I’ve never had a problem finding face to any show EXCEPT when there are transfer restrictions. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited March 2022
    Personally I don’t hate premium.  I go to shows infrequently enough since they never play anywhere near me and I missed out long ago on 10c seniority so keeping an active membership without lapsing never really would have mattered anyway. 

Tickets are available easily without buying from some sketchy scalper. It’s not terrible in my book. No lottery, no instant sellout etc. if your going to 10 shows a year it’s not good, but one show every year or two it avoids a lot of hassle.  

The amount of stress and anger during ticket lottery/pre sales/verified fan etc. time seems not worth it to me.  Paying more money to lower your blood pressure seems like a reasonable trade off 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,427

This used to be a pair. Someone got a deal for a single at $4500
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    Any word on the Nashville Premium Prices?
  • SH211703SH211703 Posts: 55
    SH211703 said:

I cant even join the room.
  • TN49724TN49724 Posts: 102
    So it looks like even the PJ Premium are only for those that were lucky enough to get verified?  Is everyone else seeing this?
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    TN49724 said:
    So it looks like even the PJ Premium are only for those that were lucky enough to get verified?  Is everyone else seeing this?
    Yup - Running into the same thing.
  • moleculemolecule Posts: 622
    TN49724 said:
    Yup. Same.
    🤙
    How long does verified stay open? In other words, when can the rest of us get a shot at relisted and premiums.
    🤙
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    molecule said:
    How long does verified stay open? In other words, when can the rest of us get a shot at relisted and premiums.
    Just a note, F2F has not been opened up yet. Noone has access to relisted tix right now
  • TN49724TN49724 Posts: 102
    molecule said:
    Just a note, F2F has not been opened up yet. Noone has access to relisted tix right now
    Any word on when this does open, F2F that is.  Thanks in advance.  Hard to follow the information path on all of this!
    edited March 2022
    molecule said:
    Yup, I know. Just wondering when that next step happens. The presale page says "beginning this Spring".
    🤙
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Check that, 5k a seat. Sec 106 row 1
    Wanna go halfers?
    Yea!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    JimmyV said:
    JR86440 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JR86440 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JR86440 said:
    I hear you, and I don't mean to jump on you. There just has been a lot of misconception going back to the Earthlings tour that this was about charity and it's not. It's where the business of selling concert tickets is unfortunately going. Sucks. 
    Agreed. Whole thing is a scam. Not PJ in particular, but the  ticket market/Ticketmaster. Like everything else, the rich get richer. Normal guy gets screwed