“PJ Premium” on Ticketmaster?

Comments

• CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    CO278952 said:
    what is the presale code???
    Did you get it? Lookiing for ST. LOUIS.
    No. I lost interest after seeing the ridiculous pricing. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,155
    pistol3 said:
    smile6680 said:
    I heard an interesting thought the other day.  We all seem to accept the better seats for sporting events costing more.  Why would concerts be any different?   If charging more helps keep other tickets lower than so be it.
    It's capitalism. I don't blame the band for trying to get as much money as they can.
    Yeah, I bet their bank accounts really need it.  Bleed it out of the fans.  Give me a break.
    If you're going to take the "man of the people" route, you should be going to club shows and not sweating what the biggest bands in the world charge
  • pjl44 said:
    pistol3 said:
    smile6680 said:
    I heard an interesting thought the other day.  We all seem to accept the better seats for sporting events costing more.  Why would concerts be any different?   If charging more helps keep other tickets lower than so be it.
    It's capitalism. I don't blame the band for trying to get as much money as they can.
    Yeah, I bet their bank accounts really need it.  Bleed it out of the fans.  Give me a break.
    If you're going to take the "man of the people" route, you should be going to club shows and not sweating what the biggest bands in the world charge
    I like that response. 
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,803
    igotid88 said:
    Zod said:
    It's not scalping if they're selling them themselves.. lol. 

My tip is be patient.   I bought Platinum tix for one of the Earthlings shows in Seattle and had I had any kind of patience I could of had seats in the first 6 rows for less than face value.  Platinum tickets are a marathon not a race.

I guess these won't be the same as before covid when they were selling platinum tickets but the proceeds went to the charity?
    They didn't call it platinum tickets. It was specifically for charity 
    this is incorrect...they were definitely platinum....also demand for PJ quadruples EV...it's all over....the hypocrisy rings LOUD
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • pistol3pistol3 Posts: 189
    Zod said:
    pistol3 said:
    CO278952 said:
    New England Clam Chowder
    I understood that reference.
    Finally, I've been waiting!
    VA Beach 8/3/00, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, St. Paul 6/16/03, East Troy 6/21/03, The Gorge 7/22/06, 7/23/06, Chicago 8/23/09, KC 5/3/10, St. Louis 5/4/10, Dublin 6/22/10, Belfast 6/23/10, London 6/25/10, EV Minneapolis 7/2/11, EV Tulsa 11/18/12, Chicago 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Pemberton 7/17/16, Missoula 8/13/18, San Diego 5/3/22, Denver 9/22/22, Sacramento 5/13/24, LA 5/21/24
  • moleculemolecule Posts: 622
    What is the unlock code for premium? I at least want to see how many 0s there are in the price? :wink:
    🤙
  • FC28207FC28207 Posts: 71
    Denver is trickling tickets out.. 4 more released in sec 126 row 4 just now.. the bad news is the “market pricing” algorithms have the PREMIUM tix up to $1750 per ticket on that row.  This was a bulletin and not meant to spark debate.  I will say that being a 10C  166xxx and having 2 seats 16 rows behind these seats IN THE SAME SECTION is giving me a vibe.  Glad to be in the building nonetheless
    1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
    2. buncha others, doesn't really matter
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    pistol3 said:
    CO278952 said:
    New England Clam Chowder
    Ha

• CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    if you click on Click here to learn more about PJ Premium Tickets! it takes you to a FAQ about Official Platinum. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,083
    pjl44 said:
    pistol3 said:
    smile6680 said:
    I went to Brooklyn Steel last night.  I hate the venue but $35 shows are great!
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    pjl44 said:
    pistol3 said:
    smile6680 said:
    Awful venue. I got Turnstile there is May and it’s gonna be packed 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC Posts: 340
    Zod said:
    pistol3 said:
    CO278952 said:
    New England Clam Chowder
    I didn’t, but it still made me laugh
  • masterpolmasterpol Posts: 30
    At what point will we not need a password to buy the PJ Premium? Trying to take my 12yo son to his first show (St. Louis), and some of the upper levels are actually good seats for less than I thought it may cost. 
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    masterpol said:
    At what point will we not need a password to buy the PJ Premium? Trying to take my 12yo son to his first show (St. Louis), and some of the upper levels are actually good seats for less than I thought it may cost. 
    Wondering the same thing. At what point does this open up to everyone who would want to buy tickets?
  • JP218404 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pistol3 said:
    smile6680 said:
    Awful venue. I got Turnstile there is May and it’s gonna be packed 
    x3. I felt like I could die in there when I saw LCD Soundsystem in Nov. It felt like a packed gym floor at a school dance, and was hard to get out to the exits.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    MKSNYC said:
    Zod said:
    pistol3 said:
    CO278952 said:
    New England Clam Chowder
    I didn’t, but it still made me laugh
    But, is it the red or the white?
  • masterpol said:
    Wondering the same thing. At what point does this open up to everyone who would want to buy tickets?
    I thought they said there wouldn't be a public onsale. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,155
    pjl44 said:
    pistol3 said:
    smile6680 said:
    How do you feel about Music Hall of Williamsburg? Hitting that for the first time in May.
  • There is no reason to drop big cash on tickets right now. We have 6 months. Be patient and prices will drop.

This. 100%
  • moleculemolecule Posts: 622
    Sounds right. I'm seeing public onsale as TBA with timelines for VF/premium up to event date.
    🤙
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    molecule said:
    Sounds right. I'm seeing public onsale as TBA with timelines for VF/premium up to event date.
    I just saw that too. So verified fan sale goes right up to the day of the show. The premium tickets, which are on the same timeline, you need the VF code to view/purchase. Doesn’t seem like there’s any intention to open this up to anyone else or anyone on the waitlist (like myself) any time soon, which is frustrating.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,427
    molecule said:
    I just saw that too. So verified fan sale goes right up to the day of the show. The premium tickets, which are on the same timeline, you need the VF code to view/purchase. Doesn’t seem like there’s any intention to open this up to anyone else or anyone on the waitlist (like myself) any time soon, which is frustrating.
    They would be crazy doing that limiting the market to buy their jacked up priced tickets.

Fan to fan is coming soon and premium tickets will be mixed in with then likely and it will be
    open to everyone.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    masterpol said:
    I thought they said there wouldn't be a public onsale. 

I find the original announcement confusing. The verified fan Ticketmaster sale functions as the public onsale.
  • Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    When does the fan to fan open up? Anybody have an idea?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Even nosebleeds in Denver are $700.   Every ticket is listed as premium now.  Lol
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,696
    Even nosebleeds in Denver are $700.   Every ticket is listed as premium now.  Lol
    $795 earlier, $650 the last time I checked. Hopefully they continue to drop. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,304
    Who was it that said Pj wouldn’t have platinum tickets in one of those Earthling threads?
  • PamsterdamPamsterdam Posts: 5
    edited March 2022

Post edited by Sea on
  • DB64764DB64764 Posts: 17
    This ticket system is a mess! Been in the club 20 years, and never had these issues. It's what separated them from other bands. Fair prices and good seats. I lost my job during Covid, and haven't recovered, and all I wanted was to get in the building at MSG, and possibly Camden, but $700-$5000 a ticket??!! Really!!!??? And I can't even buy( not that I could afford) because I was "waitlisted" for Verified. In the past, losing 10C lottery meant a chance at fair prices on the Ticketbastard site on sale. That's how I got in to MSG night 2 the last time they played there. They've jacked up prices and eliminated true fans from getting that second chance. Disappointing "return" to touring, boys....
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    edited March 2022

Since it looks like you just joined the Ten Club, your tickets would not have been through the Ten Club. You would have missed that lottery. So, your anger towards Ten Club is misguided. I am not sure what city you went for with Ticketmaster, but remember unless you went for one of the newly announced shows, the only tickets that were available were whatever tickets had been refunded from the original date. So, there were not that many left. The platinum pricing - while unfortunate - has been a part of Ticketmaster for years. It is fairly new to Pearl Jam, but that is what happened this time around. I agree that sucks. But had you signed up earlier for Ten Club you could have been part of the Ten Club lottery and had a chance to get tickets at face value. So I am not sure why you are blaming them. 

Post edited by Sea on