“PJ Premium” on Ticketmaster?

Comments

• 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,936
    edited March 2022
    Zod said:
    Platinum tix are a sham. Paid $70 for a Bon Iver ticket at onsale that is now $155. Scalping. 

Scalping is paying 70 for a ticket then selling it for 155.

Selling your own tickets for 155 is not scalping, that's just selling your own tickets for 155.
    Yep - I know what scalping is. I'm saying basically they may as well be scalping their own tickets with their crappy strategy. More a knock on TM that they're a shitty organization. Up until now, a price wasn't raised by the vendor themselves based on demand.
    Post edited by 1STmammal2wearPants on
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185

I’ll keep my 10club seats in the back…
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,694

Dang, that is a premium for sure.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    dmbolp said:
    Guess we needed a TM VF code even for Platinums.  MSG 206 Uppers for $701
    If you can't beat them join them. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

My tenclub seats in 104 are not much worse than these and like $800 less expensive. lol
    www.myspace.com
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Man if this is the new normal for 10c, pretty disappointing...long long time members in the last row of seats, most 10c members in the back of the 200s...and tickets in the 100s for almost a grand.

I know it's TM and not the band but this is really demoralizing. 
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Now all you long timers can sit in the back while newer fans get to experience the front... what's wrong with that?
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    JBob87 said:
    Man if this is the new normal for 10c, pretty disappointing...long long time members in the last row of seats, most 10c members in the back of the 200s...and tickets in the 100s for almost a grand.

The band had to agree to it, so yes, it is the band
  • dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    Wow -- that was BS.  $1K dollar per ticket.  Holding back premium seats while my ten club tickets are in the back. No thanks.  This is really disappointing if it is the new normal.  I love PJ but anyone willing to pay 500-1K per ticket needs their heads examined.
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    Boom's gotta get paid, yo.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    JBob87 said:

Doesn't happen without the band's approval, and TM certainly couldn't call them PJ Premium if PJ wasn't willing and onboard. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    edited March 2022
    JimmyV said:
    JBob87 said:

Doesn't happen without the band's approval, and TM certainly couldn't call them PJ Premium if PJ wasn't willing and onboard. 
    No doubt...not absolving the band of all blame here, but just pointing out that there is almost no way around this for TM/Livenation venues these days. Every show I have gone to has had this in place. Really sucks that it has invaded PJ now too. And it's the cherry on top that it is coming at the expense of 10c.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,694

My tenclub seats in 104 are not much worse than these and like $800 less expensive. lol
    That would be a hard sell with my wife. Glad you were able to get them for less than a mortgage payment. 
  • patkelly12patkelly12 Posts: 361
    Evolving as an artist sure is profitable.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Nothing wrong with premium. Gives opportunity to others who are not long time members to get very good seats. It’s not like they are selling a whole section. It’s a handful of seats. Plus PJ charging 100 per ticket is an absolute steal. Maybe this is going in their pockets or maybe it is charity. I’m fine with either. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Only $3500 for a premium seat at msg. Wow
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,609

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 399
    edited March 2022
    Man. This is just hard to watch. Im not even against premium seating as a whole, I dont love it, but I get it. GA ticket or close seat for $400, I might do that.

One thousand dollars though...I mean, thats just insane.
    Post edited by superfuzz30 on
    JR86440 said:
    Nothing wrong with premium. Gives opportunity to others who are not long time members to get very good seats. It’s not like they are selling a whole section. It’s a handful of seats. Plus PJ charging 100 per ticket is an absolute steal. Maybe this is going in their pockets or maybe it is charity. I’m fine with either. 
    It's not going to charity and I think you are going to be surprised at how many tickets turn out to be Premium. They just kept coming and coming for Ed's shows and those were in tiny theatres. 

• patkelly12patkelly12 Posts: 361
    The band evolves but the cuckolds stay the same.
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    Premium is also used to stop scalping. They will sit there for months at that high price then they will drop in cost a day before or day of
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    I heard an interesting thought the other day.  We all seem to accept the better seats for sporting events costing more.  Why would concerts be any different?   If charging more helps keep other tickets lower than so be it.
    They aren't different, better seats do cost more, and that's fine. That's not what's happening here.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    JimmyV said:
    JR86440 said:
    It's not going to charity and I think you are going to be surprised at how many tickets turn out to be Premium. They just kept coming and coming for Ed's shows and those were in tiny theatres. 
    Maybe but they also specifically state that the premium tickets keep costs low for everybody else. 
    JR86440 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JR86440 said:
    Maybe but they also specifically state that the premium tickets keep costs low for everybody else. 
    And that may or not be true, but let's not pretend the money is going to charity. 

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    JP218404 said:
    Premium is also used to stop scalping. They will sit there for months at that high price then they will drop in cost a day before or day of
    Right, so TM self scalping as previously described.

TM will also drop their platinum tickets below market and fuck anyone trying to sell F2F. Don’t buy platinum unless your butt is going in that seat!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    JimmyV said:
    JBob87 said:

It's almost certainly part of the deal to get 10C as many tickets as possible.
  • SH211703SH211703 Posts: 55
    So anyone can buy PJ Premium? Or did i have to be selected?

mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    JBob87 said:

It's almost certainly part of the deal to get 10C as many tickets as possible.
    That is probably part of the deal. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Check that, 5k a seat. Sec 106 row 1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,427
    mcgruff10 said:
    Check that, 5k a seat. Sec 106 row 1
    Wanna go halfers?