“PJ Premium” on Ticketmaster?

Comments

• JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    Tomorrow dead and company tour gets announced so interested in seeing what their prices will be this tour. Been sitting in the 300 at citi field and face+fees been $125 for most of their tours.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    pdalowsky said:
    its hard to argue against anyone saying 'you dont have to buy them'.....but it is still sad that in this day and age its becoming the norm that the poorer segment of society can just fucking do one. Fuck em. If they don't earn well they don't deserve entertaining. I know its not quite as simple as that but still......
    Two things. First, I get what you're saying, and I've been on that end of things, but at the same time, we're talking about a PJ concert here. As much as we all love the band and seeing them live, we're not talking about food or clothing. I love video games, but I can't walk into a Best Buy and tell them to sell me a PS5 for a hundred bucks because that's all I can afford.

Second, while complaining might work (probably more so if you could communicate more directly to the band), the best way to make yourself heard in a situation like this is to vote with your wallet. Basic supply and demand - if we don't buy the Premium tickets for the exorbitant prices, they can't justify selling them at those prices. It probably won't work either, and it means missing out on a great show.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,045
    mpedone said:
    pdalowsky said:
    its hard to argue against anyone saying 'you dont have to buy them'.....but it is still sad that in this day and age its becoming the norm that the poorer segment of society can just fucking do one. Fuck em. If they don't earn well they don't deserve entertaining. I know its not quite as simple as that but still......
    Two things. First, I get what you're saying, and I've been on that end of things, but at the same time, we're talking about a PJ concert here. As much as we all love the band and seeing them live, we're not talking about food or clothing. I love video games, but I can't walk into a Best Buy and tell them to sell me a PS5 for a hundred bucks because that's all I can afford.

Second, while complaining might work (probably more so if you could communicate more directly to the band), the best way to make yourself heard in a situation like this is to vote with your wallet. Basic supply and demand - if we don't buy the Premium tickets for the exorbitant prices, they can't justify selling them at those prices. It probably won't work either, and it means missing out on a great show.
    I absolutely understand there are two sides to every coin, and I am one of the fortunate ones who can pay for these luxuries. I personally have felt for many years that the cost of a pj ticket is largely irrelevant to me as I would pay whatever to see them, the experience is that good. I justify it on the basis that its a highlight of the year for me, not much compares and I have a great time. 

I use my other love Manchester united to help me here also. I can pay wedge to go see them, on occasion be bored to tears, see them paly with no passion, get a hiding and come home miserable. That never happens with a PJ show. I know I am going to have a blast. 

I hear your point on the PS5 also, loud and clear. Although that is a physical object a person can get a lot of enjoyment from, and can be bought anytime after saving up. I think there's a succinct difference.

In the sense a concert ticket isn't 'essential' - correct, its not food or warmth. But it is something I enjoy and benefits me massively mentally. It seems to me that the poorer section of society is getting squeezed out of these events, and yes they are not a matter of life or death - but they are damn straight fucking amazing to be at. So whilst those on low incomes are perhaps able to cover their food and heat and should therefore be ok, is what is happening here to exclude them in any way right?

BTW I don't have the answers to any of this, no solutions, it just irks me a little that that is how life is in the current world. I know capitalism rules, and no doubt i benefit greatly from capitalism and I know how supply and demand works. I studied economics hard as a youngster - so I know the models and how they are driven. Its all crystal clear to me. But it just doesn't square things for me morally. 

As a side note I am very close to a an absolute gentleman Tom Pugh - the founder and organiser of Given to Live. I have worked with him on several occasions taking some of the less fortunate people to a live show to give them the gift of live music. I have seen first hand what the experience of a show can do for a person who wouldnt have got to the show without his charity. Its a beautiful thing, and having lived that first hand, I got a sense from watching it all unfold that to that person in that moment - that show meant everything to them, it was their absolute world. It was the best thing they had ever experienced, and that touched me greatly, and opened my eyes somewhat. Something I take for granted could literally mean more than words can express. But yeah, I guess its all just life

pdalowsky said:
    mpedone said:
    pdalowsky said:

I absolutely understand there are two sides to every coin, and I am one of the fortunate ones who can pay for these luxuries. I personally have felt for many years that the cost of a pj ticket is largely irrelevant to me as I would pay whatever to see them, the experience is that good. I justify it on the basis that its a highlight of the year for me, not much compares and I have a great time. 

I use my other love Manchester united to help me here also. I can pay wedge to go see them, on occasion be bored to tears, see them paly with no passion, get a hiding and come home miserable. That never happens with a PJ show. I know I am going to have a blast. 

I hear your point on the PS5 also, loud and clear. Although that is a physical object a person can get a lot of enjoyment from, and can be bought anytime after saving up. I think there's a succinct difference.

In the sense a concert ticket isn't 'essential' - correct, its not food or warmth. But it is something I enjoy and benefits me massively mentally. It seems to me that the poorer section of society is getting squeezed out of these events, and yes they are not a matter of life or death - but they are damn straight fucking amazing to be at. So whilst those on low incomes are perhaps able to cover their food and heat and should therefore be ok, is what is happening here to exclude them in any way right?

BTW I don't have the answers to any of this, no solutions, it just irks me a little that that is how life is in the current world. I know capitalism rules, and no doubt i benefit greatly from capitalism and I know how supply and demand works. I studied economics hard as a youngster - so I know the models and how they are driven. Its all crystal clear to me. But it just doesn't square things for me morally. 

As a side note I am very close to a an absolute gentleman Tom Pugh - the founder and organiser of Given to Live. I have worked with him on several occasions taking some of the less fortunate people to a live show to give them the gift of live music. I have seen first hand what the experience of a show can do for a person who wouldnt have got to the show without his charity. Its a beautiful thing, and having lived that first hand, I got a sense from watching it all unfold that to that person in that moment - that show meant everything to them, it was their absolute world. It was the best thing they had ever experienced, and that touched me greatly, and opened my eyes somewhat. Something I take for granted could literally mean more than words can express. But yeah, I guess its all just life
    I honestly cannot argue with any of this. I do think that the only way it changes is for the sales to suffer. If the shows sell out and the arenas are packed, there's no impetus for the business to change its methods. We can try to appeal to the people behind the business, but - and maybe I"m overly cynical - the business wins out.

It would be cool if we could do some sort of "group ticket buy" that would pool resources and get tickets to less well-off fans, but I'm not sure how that would work.

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• RK50065 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    This crap could be worst. Look what Eric church just did to his fans

I don’t care how much of a fan you are of the basketball team. To cancel the concert  because of a game? You committed to the show and now you expect your fans to be ok with it? This is a very bad look for him. I would be pissed if it was a show I had tickets to. 
    You could be this guy. Ooph. But I’m guessing he has the scratch to pull that off. Still would be pissed

What kind of Premium car rental is that?!
    what kind of screen name is that?  Unkle Thom????
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Was hoping LA2 wouldn't require a code.  Oh well. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,157
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pistol3 said:
    smile6680 said:
    I heard an interesting thought the other day.  We all seem to accept the better seats for sporting events costing more.  Why would concerts be any different?   If charging more helps keep other tickets lower than so be it.
    It's capitalism. I don't blame the band for trying to get as much money as they can.
    Yeah, I bet their bank accounts really need it.  Bleed it out of the fans.  Give me a break.
    If you're going to take the "man of the people" route, you should be going to club shows and not sweating what the biggest bands in the world charge
    I went to Brooklyn Steel last night.  I hate the venue but $35 shows are great!
    How do you feel about Music Hall of Williamsburg? Hitting that for the first time in May.
    I like that venue. If you’re short like me, you can get a spot on the elevated area on the left side. There’s a balcony as well.  Enjoy the show. 
    Thanks! The tips are appreciated. 
    jiammm14 said:
    JBob87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JBob87 said:
    Man if this is the new normal for 10c, pretty disappointing...long long time members in the last row of seats, most 10c members in the back of the 200s...and tickets in the 100s for almost a grand.

I know it's TM and not the band but this is really demoralizing. 
    Doesn't happen without the band's approval, and TM certainly couldn't call them PJ Premium if PJ wasn't willing and onboard. 
    No doubt...not absolving the band of all blame here, but just pointing out that there is almost no way around this for TM/Livenation venues these days. Every show I have gone to has had this in place. Really sucks that it has invaded PJ now too. And it's the cherry on top that it is coming at the expense of 10c.
    The pain of evolution baby. Corporate greed, pointing fingers…the little guys pay. Concerts were never priced for exclusive elite, but that’s how it is now. Most definitely signed sealed and delivered by all. 
    There are expensive concerts and less expensive concerts. Go to the ones in your budget and have a good time. If you only like one band and they play arenas and you want to pay club prices, you're in for a tormented existence. 
  • RK50065 said:
    Poncier said:
    jiammm14 said:
    JP218404 said:o
    jiammm14 said:
    JBob87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JBob87 said:
    Man if this is the new normal for 10c, pretty disappointing...long long time members in the last row of seats, most 10c members in the back of the 200s...and tickets in the 100s for almost a grand.

Doesn't happen without the band's approval, and TM certainly couldn't call them PJ Premium if PJ wasn't willing and onboard. 
    No doubt...not absolving the band of all blame here, but just pointing out that there is almost no way around this for TM/Livenation venues these days. Every show I have gone to has had this in place. Really sucks that it has invaded PJ now too. And it's the cherry on top that it is coming at the expense of 10c.
    The pain of evolution baby. Corporate greed, pointing fingers…the little guys pay. Concerts were never priced for exclusive elite, but that’s how it is now. Most definitely signed sealed and delivered by all. 
    Two places to really blame for the state of ticket pricing: Broadway and the NBA. 

All sports and concerts followed what Broadway has done with pricing. It’s an evening out that people may do once or twice a year so willing to pay for it

the NBA started the variable pricing based on opponents. Then the NFL followed with that as well as higher pricing 

music industry/ agents/ promoters/ bands followed the trend. 

Well in that case, then by all means , charge $950 for a ticket. following what others did it’s very easy for the bands we love to say, “it isn’t me.” 
    But it’s not theater, nor sports. It’s supposed to be rock and roll, no?!?!?!  They sold out , but it’s ok, everyone else is doing it too

I've posted this in relation to EV and the Earthlings, but it bears repeating now.
    Not everyone is doing this.
    Look at Garth Brooks' tour this year. Every ticket is $84 and change with a $7 and change service fee.
    EVERY TICKET
    No platinum, no "Brooks Premium" (which would mean platinum), no added $20 for the first 4 seats off the aisle, no VIP packages for big bucks that include a T-shirt and a tote bag. None of it.
    Pearl Jam could have also done this, but they chose to charge a percentage (and not a particularly small one) of fans extremely high prices under the guise of keeping prices low for others. The real reason is to maximize profit. They should just admit that.

He can do that because he sells 75,000 tickets per show.
    If I am remembering correctly, all the 2020 Gigaton shows had tickets at the same price. Fan club/good seats were around $130 at each show. Nosebleeds through ticketmaster were $130, too. PJ always USED to do it. This is just some fucked up reasoning this time around and if the shows are all sold out (they will be), it will continue next tour and the next and the next. 
    You know the old joke, why does a dog lick his nuts? Because he can. 
    Why are fans being scammed into premium seats when there will be "face value" tickets available in another onsale? Because they can.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
    pthomn said:
    dfishberg said:
    Wow -- that was BS.  $1K dollar per ticket.  Holding back premium seats while my ten club tickets are in the back. No thanks.  This is really disappointing if it is the new normal.  I love PJ but anyone willing to pay 500-1K per ticket needs their heads examined.
    I agree. This is so fucked up. It's embarrassing. 
    I'm embarrassed to say I got taken for over 1k for one ticket to the Earthlings tour for Beacon. if I waited they were on stub hub for 300 bucks. but TM and Eddie had to get theirs... It was a combo of pandemic, missing out on Fan club seats, not being verified tickets from TM and it was there. the impulse buy of maybe missing out. crazy how it works .
    Huh? In one breath you say you could have waited and got tix much cheaper, then blame Ed/TM for "having to get theirs". Then you listed all the reasons you bought the $1K ticket. People do understand that you don't HAVE to buy tickets, right? 

They do not. Greed is also thinking you get to name the price of the rock and roll concert you want to attend.
    static111 said:
    I don't know wtf is going on but  No way in hell would it be worth it for me to pay PJ premium prices to see my favorite band.  I'd wager that most of the 30-80 dollar per ticket PJ shows I've seen in the past would tower over whatever experience people are going to get for 600-5000 dollars on this tour.
    They're still pretty fucking good as of 2018 I'll tell ya that. But the only way I'm paying at the lower end of that range is to see them in a room 2k capacity or lower. If someone wants to pay that for an arena show, have at it.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,656
    So, looking at Fresno and Sacto it's apparent that the best reserved tix that used to be for 10 club are mostly now PJ Premium..
    The first several rows on floor directly behind the pit, and first rows in the lowers are PJ Premium.
    Basically, they've turned 10 club seats into high profit seats. They should just have said "in order to keep costs low for you, we've moved you further back and will let those with more money sit in front of you.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Fire the marketing genius that came up with "PJ Premium" and fire them today. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Poncier said:
    So, looking at Fresno and Sacto it's apparent that the best reserved tix that used to be for 10 club are mostly now PJ Premium..
    The first several rows on floor directly behind the pit, and first rows in the lowers are PJ Premium.
    Basically, they've turned 10 club seats into high profit seats. They should just have said "in order to keep costs low for you, we've moved you further back and will let those with more money sit in front of you.

I've kept quiet on this one, but just wanted to say that I've read a few of your posts on this topic and agree wholeheartedly with all of it.  This was a conscious decision that involved the band's approval.  Point blank.  If folks want to apologize for them, that is fine, but the fact is they have adapted their model and previous stance on keeping ticket prices low for all, and have decided to charge what the market will bear.  I'm not mad or butt hurt and no one else should be.  We either choose to go or we stay home.  That's it.  But to say they've done this unknowingly or to subsidize the cost of 10C tickets for the newly scheduled shows (which as was noted have been pushed back for the "PJ Premium" folks) is a stretch.  Oh well.  It's evolution, baby? 

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    edited March 2022
    What fans are forgetting is PJ sold a ton of GA and close seats for $150, including fees. The fair market value of those tickets, what most other artists charge would run hundreds to thousands of dollars. Or, they’d be grabbed immediately by the bots.  Correct me if I am wrong, but PJ sold every GA pit seat for $150? I’ve never heard if any other act doing that, until someone mentioned Garth earlier.

As someone who has never ever seen a blue dot seat to buy for any PJ show anywhere close to where I live, looks like there are a ton of face value seats in Oakland and other shows. Stinks getting on a plane, but there is a way to see them. 

Anyone having any hesitation how PJ prices would be without the club, go check out stub hub for MSG. There was one ticket for $700 the other day, and prices climbed to $1000 real fast for uppers and back stage.

If PJ were in it solely for the money, they’d do a residences in Boston, LA, NY, Philly and a few other of the largest cities. And that’d be it. But there are some small market shows out there to be had. Go get them. 
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    IDK conversation could be like this:

Do you want 5-10% of the venue for 10c tickets with no Premium or 30-40% with Premium no GA but some seats better then 10c.

10c bigger then most think and I assume preference is for more 10c people in the building then not regardless of location.

Just pure speculation.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• jiammm14jiammm14 Posts: 42
    pjl44 said:
    jiammm14 said:
    JBob87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JBob87 said:

There are expensive concerts and less expensive concerts. Go to the ones in your budget and have a good time. If you only like one band and they play arenas and you want to pay club prices, you're in for a tormented existence. 
    Wow. The elite have spoken . Somewhere between 650 and 200, hopefully I’ll find my budget. Thanks so much for your input.
    jiammm14 said:
    pjl44 said:
    jiammm14 said:
    JBob87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JBob87 said:

Wow. The elite have spoken . Somewhere between 650 and 200, hopefully I’ll find my budget. Thanks so much for your input.
    All these man-of-the-people types who pretend like you can't see a great show for under $40 in every single one of these cities most nights
    There was literally a giveaway of 100 FREE tickets to Ed's rescheduled show and that was in LA. Many of these shows are going to see the Platinum tickets whither on the vine and prices will collapse. 

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    edited March 2022
    bbiggs said:

But to say they've done this unknowingly or to subsidize the cost of 10C tickets for the newly scheduled shows (which as was noted have been pushed back for the "PJ Premium" folks) is a stretch.
    It's not a "stretch", they came right out and said that's what it was.
    "In order to maintain low ticket prices and fan club accessibility, we will be releasing a limited number of premium tickets to the public at market rate price at a later date."
    I don't doubt that the Premium tickets helped keep 10c prices where they are. I do doubt that they didn't also help Pearl Jam get paid. 

Let's also remember that this entire industry had the e-brake pulled on it for the better part of 2 years. If people are willing to pay these prices anyway, better that cash flow into the primary market. Be as cynical as you want about TM and Pearl Jam, but StubHub sure as hell ain't subsidizing sound engineers, venue staff, etc.
    Premium tickets to Oakland 1 are already down to face value for some singles. A lot of tickets at $175. Night 2 has a bunch at $175, as well. Glendale has a bunch at face value. Fresno and Sacramento are dropping in price. Vegas is still $350+. Prices are dropping already.

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    mpedone said:
    Premium tickets to Oakland 1 are already down to face value for some singles. A lot of tickets at $175. Night 2 has a bunch at $175, as well. Glendale has a bunch at face value. Fresno and Sacramento are dropping in price. Vegas is still $350+. Prices are dropping already.
    Ya these May shows will probably fluctuate a lot since we are just a few weeks out.  I don't think the September prices will fluctuate as much until those get closer. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    Can anyone with concerns over platinum seating, fan to fan and fan club lottery offer any real, tangible solutions? Please include what the trade off is for the following items:

F2F - requires tickets be resold at face value
    Fan club lottery - ensures maximum allocation for the artist block of seats in any given venue
    Platinum seating - Ensures the band at least makes market value on a portion of the seats to their show. 

Please consider these other factors as well:

- Almost 100% of venue partnerships for ticketing and promotions are through Ticketmaster and LiveNation
    - Other corporate partnerships that require ticket allotments (venue holds, radio station x/y/z pre sales, credit card x/y/z pre sales)
    - Every cost (fuel, insurance, hotels etc) associated with putting on a tour has increased (including providing the crew a living wage)
    - Average cost of a house in Toronto in 1995 was approximately 200k. Today it is north of 1mil.  While $35  concert tickets were fun while they lasted, expecting them to to stay the same while everything has increased multiple times over isn't realistic)
    - the average ticket cost for trackable ticket sales in 2019 was  $96 according to this report https://www.statista.com/statistics/380106/global-average-music-tour-ticket-price/   As an average, that includes tickets that what anyone could perceive as both under priced and over priced. I believe it would also to be rational to assume that the vast majority of those acts are playing a 90 minute headline set. 
    - Given the opportunity in your career, especially those of us that are a little older,  to get paid more for less work would you turn it down? If so why? Either way, why would you begrudge someone else that opportunity?
    - If tickets were sold at market value and all tickets were open to public sale, what do you think they would cost and do you think you'd actually be able to get them?
    - what do you think the average demand is for a PJ ticket assuming that the markets they play have a local population in most cases that is in the millions of people and thousands more who are willing to travel.  What do the odds look like if there is 1 show of 18-20k seats in these markets. 

Looking forward to a couple of solid Good Will Hunting type equations on the blackboard. And.....go. 

1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    The reality is, if PJ tours significantly every year we don't have this problem.  Scarcity in the number of shows they've played in the last 15 years combined with the pent up covid demand is making this particular year bonkers.  I wish they decided to do all stadiums (not baseball, but football) this year with the same number of shows in order to help ease the demand (even in the Northeast) and keep prices down without "sacrificing" their own bottom line.  Yes the same people would complain about their tickets not being close enough, and yes the stadium experience is inferior to arenas imo, and yes we'd still probably see "PJ Premium" or "Official Platinum" pop up on TM, but at least way more of us are getting in the building!  I just want to be in the building.
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 942
    Sorry if already covered, but did anyone cover when the premium tickets will be unlocked for those who did not register and get an access code.  thanks in  advance

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    This slot could be worst. Look what Eric church just did to his fans

That one is worthy of an uproar.  This PJ stuff is a non issue people blowing way out of proportion. 

PJ announced with the tour announcement that this was going to happen. It’s not a surprise and it was done for a specific reason 
    100%! All was expected. Ya got a ticket on this run just be happy wherever the damn seat it. 

Eddie do this for a Cubs game!?!! 
    I remember Eddie saying specifically they would not be doing shows in October "for a while" when the Cubs were good.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    This slot could be worst. Look what Eric church just did to his fans

That one is worthy of an uproar.  This PJ stuff is a non issue people blowing way out of proportion. 

PJ announced with the tour announcement that this was going to happen. It’s not a surprise and it was done for a specific reason 
    100%! All was expected. Ya got a ticket on this run just be happy wherever the damn seat it. 

Eddie do this for a Cubs game!?!! 
    I remember Eddie saying specifically they would not be doing shows in October "for a while" when the Cubs were good.
    That's called good planning. Scheduling a show during the Final Four when you're a North Carolina fan? Not so much.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    What fans are forgetting is PJ sold a ton of GA and close seats for $150, including fees. The fair market value of those tickets, what most other artists charge would run hundreds to thousands of dollars. Or, they’d be grabbed immediately by the bots.  Correct me if I am wrong, but PJ sold every GA pit seat for $150? I’ve never heard if any other act doing that, until someone mentioned Garth earlier.

As someone who has never ever seen a blue dot seat to buy for any PJ show anywhere close to where I live, looks like there are a ton of face value seats in Oakland and other shows. Stinks getting on a plane, but there is a way to see them. 

Anyone having any hesitation how PJ prices would be without the club, go check out stub hub for MSG. There was one ticket for $700 the other day, and prices climbed to $1000 real fast for uppers and back stage.

If PJ were in it solely for the money, they’d do a residences in Boston, LA, NY, Philly and a few other of the largest cities. And that’d be it. But there are some small market shows out there to be had. Go get them. 
    Ga for u2 is under $100.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......