Nikki Sixx: Pearl Jam is "one of the most boring bands in history"

Comments

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Did 10C and the band go on Twitter to update how fans losing out on Baltimore reschedule tickets will be taken care of?

Good thing they can throw shade at an 80s band, though.
    You're taking this too seriously. I like Crue too, and as mentioned, had tickets to their Wrigley show. But who cares about a twitter announcement. It's the lead story on Pearljam.com. They don't need to announce it in 400 different ways.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,101
    edited February 2022
    Sarava said:
    Did 10C and the band go on Twitter to update how fans losing out on Baltimore reschedule tickets will be taken care of?

Good thing they can throw shade at an 80s band, though.
    You're taking this too seriously. I like Crue too, and as mentioned, had tickets to their Wrigley show. But who cares about a twitter announcement. It's the lead story on Pearljam.com. They don't need to announce it in 400 different ways.
    How do you know how seriously I am taking this?

Hint - this is funny, to me.  Not taking it seriously, at all.  We see used to being in the dark when it comes to touring plans.  
    I need to put a laughing guy on each post....perhaps that can infer tone a bit better.  Not serious about any of this....it is a rock band website.  
    :lol:       
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Maybe John Corabi can join Pearl Jam as another touring guitarist?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • This pro-hair metal/anti-grunge parody seems appropriate to this thread....

https://youtu.be/j9lwk5GWpWU
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • demetrios said:

"Will Smith saying he doesn't have to cuss to sell records"-vibes
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    edited February 2022
    I said it in one of the FB pages but I think Eddie dropping a "Kickstart My Heart" tag at the end of a Betterman or Daughter outro would be a fantastic troll on his part. Do it Eddie!
  • The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    Wait..Nikki Sixx is still alive???
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    I liked Motley Crue when I was 12 or 13. I have no problem with people liking or disliking Nikki Sixx and co. I do, however, think it's a little weird for him to refer to PJ as "one of the most boring bands in history". I get that he was lashing out after taking a shot, but it didn't really land. If PJ is boring, what does it say about The Crue? 

Even at their peak, Motley Crue weren't always able to sell out arenas. They mostly did the same setlists every night, using a backing track. I don't recall any of their music videos being widely celebrated. I don't remember any of their individual projects getting much traction. They use backup vocalists to hit notes that Vince simply cannot. For the past few decades, they've had to book co-headlining gigs in order to sell tickets. They need dancers to enhance their live shows. 
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    I enjoyed Too Fast for Love and Tommy's movie
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    This should end in Nikki doing a guest spot on PJ Radio
    I miss igotid88
  • 3days said:
    I liked Motley Crue when I was 12 or 13. I have no problem with people liking or disliking Nikki Sixx and co. I do, however, think it's a little weird for him to refer to PJ as "one of the most boring bands in history". I get that he was lashing out after taking a shot, but it didn't really land. If PJ is boring, what does it say about The Crue? 

Even at their peak, Motley Crue weren't always able to sell out arenas. They mostly did the same setlists every night, using a backing track. I don't recall any of their music videos being widely celebrated. I don't remember any of their individual projects getting much traction. They use backup vocalists to hit notes that Vince simply cannot. For the past few decades, they've had to book co-headlining gigs in order to sell tickets. They need dancers to enhance their live shows. 
    Are you old enough to remember  Headbangers Ball?
    Their videos were pretty popular.  
    Not that this means anything in if a band is good or not or exciting or not....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    3days said:
     I don't recall any of their music videos being widely celebrated.
    Now this sentence is plain silly.

Home Sweet Home (Mötley Crüe song) - Wikipedia

The video topped the MTV daily request chart for over three months, until MTV invoked the (unwritten) "Crue Rule", dropping videos from their request line 30 days after their MTV premiere.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • 3days said:

Using "they need dancers to enchance their live shows" as a bulletpoint is like saying "They need a bird made out of scrap metal to enchance their live shows"  
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,114
    edited February 2022
    3days said:

- Would Pearl Jam play that much bigger places around the world than Mötley Crüe? If we remove the US bias? And what has that to do with being boring or not? Does Neil Young or NIN play stadiums?

-Most bands do the same setlist. Many beloved and highly enteratining. I know a band who does the same Alive/RITFW/YL last encore at every show.

-They had videos banned on MTV and videos that was played a lot. What Pearl Jam videos have been celebrated or shown more than Mötleys? Are you talking about jeremy winning a MTV award? What has that to do with boring?

-What Pearl Jam individual projects has gotten any traction? What has this to do with being boring?

-Many bands use backup vocalists or some form of backing tape. I don't see what that has to do with boring?

-Many bands co-headline. Wasn't Pearl Jam planning on doing it with Foo Fighters a couple years back? What has that to doo with being boring?

You say you liked Mötley when you were 12 or 13. You are still talking about bands like you are that age. Hopefully we won't get into a debate about Sega VS Nintendo or Jason vs Michael Myers.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    3days said:

3days said:

I do remember... Chances are that I was banging my head right along with those videos...
    Here's my point: Compare ANY Motley video to Jeremy... Critically, popularity-wise, or by air time. It's just one example of an honest question. If PJ is indeed "boring", what does that say about Motley Crue?
    Poncier said:
    3days said:
     I don't recall any of their music videos being widely celebrated.
    Now this sentence is plain silly.

Home Sweet Home (Mötley Crüe song) - Wikipedia

The video topped the MTV daily request chart for over three months, until MTV invoked the (unwritten) "Crue Rule", dropping videos from their request line 30 days after their MTV premiere.

Jeremy. If PJ is indeed "boring", what does it say about Motley Crue?
    3days said:

Using "they need dancers to enchance their live shows" as a bulletpoint is like saying "They need a bird made out of scrap metal to enchance their live shows"  
    Dancers are performers, while a metal bird was hung from the rafters as decor. Pearl Jam doesn't need other stage performers to carry their show. Do they ever collaborate? Sure. Do they do it all the time? No. If PJ is indeed "boring", what does it say about Motley Crue?
  • 3days said:
    3days said:

Dancers are performers, while a metal bird was hung from the rafters as decor. Pearl Jam doesn't need other stage performers to carry their show. Do they ever collaborate? Sure. Do they do it all the time? No. If PJ is indeed "boring", what does it say about Motley Crue?
    Maybe they would, in Nikki Sixx, words not be boring if they had some flannel dressed combat boot wearing dancers? Instead of having a metal bird that didn't add much unboringness.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    3days said:
    3days said:

Dancers are performers, while a metal bird was hung from the rafters as decor. Pearl Jam doesn't need other stage performers to carry their show.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    3days said:
    3days said:

Dancers are performers, while a metal bird was hung from the rafters as decor. Pearl Jam doesn't need other stage performers to carry their show.

3days said:
    3days said:

Maybe they would, in Nikki Sixx, words not be boring if they had some flannel dressed combat boot wearing dancers? Instead of having a metal bird that didn't add much unboringness.
    Mr Sixx's comment was about PJ being a "boring BAND". Pearl Jam don't need other stage performers whilst they perform. Motley Crue does. Pearl Jam is so boring that their music stands on it's own? What does that say about the Motley fellas? 

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    This whole "feud" is absolutely ridiculous. Who gives a shit who he likes/doesn't like? Who care what I like/don't like? LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Poncier said:
    3days said:
    3days said:

Do they ever collaborate? Sure. Do they do it all the time? No. 

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,114
    edited February 2022
    3days said:
    3days said:
    3days said:

Mr Sixx's comment was about PJ being a "boring BAND". Pearl Jam don't need other stage performers whilst they perform. Motley Crue does. Pearl Jam is so boring that their music stands on it's own? What does that say about the Motley fellas? 

Let me break it down to you like I was 12 or 13--

Pearl Jam brought in performer Boom - because THEIR MUSIC JUST CAN'T STAND ON ITS OWN FOR SHIT. What does that say about the Pearl Jam fellas?

And now like I am not 12 or 13--

-- There are a thousand different ways to perceive a live show and what to build it up with.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on