Nikki Sixx: Pearl Jam is "one of the most boring bands in history"

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    tschav said:
    Whoever went to tonight’s EV show with the “Boring Fans” poster in the Motley Crue font, that was hilarious.
    that's fantastic
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• SC is also in the MC fan club… listening to them on vinyl in his bed.
    I know you're married and all, but I'm still hoping you and tish elope and move to Uranus. 
    Oh yeah… who is tish

Edit - on second thought, I don’t care lol.
    That moment when you realize you are in fact married.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I would be disappointed if it was a bit because I dislike everything Motley Crue stood for. PJ's attitude and actions have been the anthesis to that. And I get that they have/had friends and influences from bands that also were behaviorally opposed to PJ's way, and life is complicated, so fine, but for this to be a press bait (I don't think it is), would be a massive bummer. 

Why even ponder this... like, in what way? That Eddie went into the interview and looked for spot to start a feud with a 80s glam band?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I would be disappointed if it was a bit because I dislike everything Motley Crue stood for. PJ's attitude and actions have been the anthesis to that. And I get that they have/had friends and influences from bands that also were behaviorally opposed to PJ's way, and life is complicated, so fine, but for this to be a press bait (I don't think it is), would be a massive bummer. 

Why even ponder this... like, in what way? That Eddie went into the interview and looked for spot to start a feud with a 80s glam band?
    Yeah it seems beyond far-fetched. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • SC is also in the MC fan club… listening to them on vinyl in his bed.
    I know you're married and all, but I'm still hoping you and tish elope and move to Uranus. 
    Oh yeah… who is tish

😂😂😂

the chain attached to the ball has gotten longer. 

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• This was a popular meme format over on the "Seinfeld Wrestleposting" Facebook page....which is by far the greatest page on the entire internet. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,562
    SC is also in the MC fan club… listening to them on vinyl in his bed.
    Oh yeah… who is tish

😂😂😂

Which ball? ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    SC is also in the MC fan club… listening to them on vinyl in his bed.
    Oh yeah… who is tish

😂😂😂

Which ball? ;)
    Haha… those are in her purse
  •  the MC fan club

Im in
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    edited February 2022
    tschav said:
    Whoever went to tonight’s EV show with the “Boring Fans” poster in the Motley Crue font, that was hilarious.
    Did they play Shout At The Devil?
    ;)

You mean there are words between "Shout" and "Devil?" Damn you, winded Vince Neil...

https://youtu.be/Xz6D3FK0sgU?t=99
    Post edited by DeLukin on
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2022
    Just to be clear… I’m only joking about my wife. She is amazing and trusts me completely. There is no ball or chain.
    I cannot imagine my life without her 😎

I’d go off with her to Uranus… where creeps like Vince Neil and Steven Tyler don’t share the same “air”. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    What if the feud is just a big joke on all of us?

Eddie & the Crue could be in cahoots!
    I’ve never put on a Crue song in my life. Now I’m a fan of Dr Feelgood and know who sings the “whoa!… yeah!” song now. 😂 any publicity is good publicity sometimes.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    What if the feud is just a big joke on all of us?

Eddie & the Crue could be in cahoots!
    I’ve never put on a Crue song in my life. Now I’m a fan of Dr Feelgood and know who sings the “whoa!… yeah!” song now. 😂 any publicity is good publicity sometimes.
    Have to admit… Kickstart My Heart is a banger and Girl Don’t Go Away Mad is hilarious 😂 
  • Motley Crue has at least three good songs:

dr. Feelgood
    kickstart my heart 
    shout at the devil

They still suck though.

Pearl jam is head and shoulders above a band like motley crue. Its not close.  

If you want to use album sales or concert sales, its pj. 

If you’re saying being popular shouldnt matter, which i agree, it shouldnt, then we can talk critical acclaim. Here we can safely say that critically pearl jam has fared better as well. Its the reason why 80s hair metal is looked down upon compared to the 90s seattle movement that is a darling of the critics. 

If we are talking musicianship, here again, its no contest. Ed is an all time great singer, who has worked with many of the all time greats,(Elton, daltrey, plant, beyonce, stevie, Etc). In general vince neils voice is annoying and nasally. While tommy lee is a fine drummer, here again matt is the better musician.  Jeffs a better bassist than nikki whos quite average.  I like Mick mars, who always seemed weird and genuine but pjs guitar combo wins this as well. Too bad motley has one guitarist in this battle of the bands. 

If we are talking the live experience, please. Pj is one of the greatest live bands ever. You wont find motley crue on any greatest live bands list. 

There are bands that are better than pj, its just that, motley crue is 100% not one of them. 

Also we need to accept that we can listen to music and separate that experience from the artist to some degree. Yea I also hate motley crues general demeanor, beliefs etc. But im pretty sure they are still playing michael jackson everywhere, and most people tend to look the other way. This is the same with many artists. Phil anselmo is a racist douchebag but there are so many good pantera songs. We know led zep loved women the same way motley crue did. Its a tough choice between great songs and maybe bad people or ethics.  And you cant judge what people did generations ago when the societal norms were different. Mtv was eating up and glamorizing everything that motley did. 

The point is, I saw dirty frank at the beacon, so where are these fucking tour dates pearl jam you bastards. 

• Motley Crue has at least three good songs:

dr. Feelgood
    kickstart my heart 
    shout at the devil

They still suck though.

If you’re saying being popular shouldnt matter, which i agree, it shouldnt, then we can talk critical acclaim. Here we can safely say that critically pearl jam has fared better as well. Its the reason why 80s hair metal is looked down upon compared to the 90s seattle movement that is a darling of the critics. 

If we are talking musicianship, here again, its no contest. Ed is an all time great singer, who has worked with many of the all time greats,(Elton, daltrey, plant, beyonce, stevie, Etc). In general vince neils voice is annoying and nasally. While tommy lee is a fine drummer, here again matt is the better musician.  Jeffs a better bassist than nikki whos quite average.  I like Mick mars, who always seemed weird and genuine but pjs guitar combo wins this as well. Too bad motley has one guitarist in this battle of the bands. 

If we are talking the live experience, please. Pj is one of the greatest live bands ever. You wont find motley crue on any greatest live bands list. 

There are bands that are better than pj, its just that, motley crue is 100% not one of them. 

Also we need to accept that we can listen to music and separate that experience from the artist to some degree. Yea I also hate motley crues general demeanor, beliefs etc. But im pretty sure they are still playing michael jackson everywhere, and most people tend to look the other way. This is the same with many artists. Phil anselmo is a racist douchebag but there are so many good pantera songs. We know led zep loved women the same way motley crue did. Its a tough choice between great songs and maybe bad people or ethics.  And you cant judge what people did generations ago when the societal norms were different. Mtv was eating up and glamorizing everything that motley did. 

The point is, I saw dirty frank at the beacon, so where are these fucking tour dates pearl jam you bastards. 

I don't think anyone here said Crue was better than Pearl Jam.
    I did say that I like some MC records better than some PJ records if they want head to head....I think that is about as close as anyone came to really comparing them

BTW,  album sales isn't close.  MC by 3x.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    edited February 2022
    Motley Crue has at least three good songs:

dr. Feelgood
    kickstart my heart 
    shout at the devil

They still suck though.

I did say that I like some MC records better than some PJ records if they want head to head....I think that is about as close as anyone came to really comparing them

Motley Crüe does not have 3x more sales than PJ. In the U.S. alone PJ has 31.5 million to 25 for Motley Crue. Worldwide MC has 100 million to 80 for PJ the last I heard. MC also has a 10 year head start. Plus there was a period where PJ didn't take full advantage of it's popularity.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

dr. Feelgood
    kickstart my heart 
    shout at the devil

They still suck though.

Motley Crüe does not have 3x more sales than PJ. In the U.S. alone PJ has 31.5 million to 25 for Motley Crue. Worldwide MC has 100 million to 80 for PJ the last I heard. MC also has a 10 year head start. Plus there was a period where PJ didn't take full advantage of it's popularity.
    Good call on the numbers.  I misread when I looked up PJ and when I just went back and looked I saw Rolling Stones estimated 60 MM records in 2016.  Highly doubt they sold 20MM copies or Gigaton

Regardless, the statement i replied to that PJ sold more records is false.
    igotid88 said:

dr. Feelgood
    kickstart my heart 
    shout at the devil

They still suck though.

Good call on the numbers.  I misread when I looked up PJ and when I just went back and looked I saw Rolling Stones estimated 60 MM records in 2016.  Highly doubt they sold 20MM copies or Gigaton

Gayle King said 80 million when she introduced Eddie at the Global Citizen in Africa 
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

Plus there was a period where PJ didn't take full advantage of it's popularity.
    Mötley crue let go of Vince. Otherwise they would have taken full advantage of their popularity after Dr Feelgood and had an album right before Nirvana blew up and gotten a few more millions in.
    igotid88 said:

Mötley crue let go of Vince. Otherwise they would have taken full advantage of their popularity after Dr Feelgood and had an album right before Nirvana blew up and gotten a few more millions in.
    Feelgood was 89. Vince was let go in 1992. They also released Decade of Decadence in 1991. With a video for Home Sweet Home. I would say MC's height was 85-91. 
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Feelgood was 89. Vince was let go in 1992. They also released Decade of Decadence in 1991. With a video for Home Sweet Home. I would say MC's height was 85-91. 
    Although best work came before 85, imo.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,101
    edited February 2022
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

dr. Feelgood
    kickstart my heart 
    shout at the devil

They still suck though.

Gayle King said 80 million when she introduced Eddie at the Global Citizen in Africa 
    I never trusted her.
    (Statement would still be false.)

:lol:    
  • igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I blanked on when Nevermind broke For some reason I thought it was a few months into 1992. 

But MC could have still have released a new Vince album early 1992 and, who knows maybe would have changed the musical landscape altogether taking full advantage of their popularity. 

In other words, Pearl Jam cheated. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2022
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I blanked on when Nevermind broke For some reason I thought it was a few months into 1992. 

But MC could have still have released a new Vince album early 1992 and, who knows maybe would have changed the musical landscape altogether taking full advantage of their popularity. 

I could care less about popularity. The difference to me is the live experience. I’ve seen both bands live in the back-nine of their careers. PJ puts on a high energy show and is a great time.

Crüe goes through the motions with corny gimmicks and a bloated Vince Neil grinding some poor young back up dancer and barely being able to breathe enough to sing. I really did cringe. I went to Crüe because my stepsons wanted to see the show. My wife and I kept looking at each other in bewilderment at the atrocity we witnessed on stage. 

The drum rollercoaster was pretty wild… but Neil Pearl, Danny Carey or Matt Cameron, Tim Alexander, etc. on stage is more entertaining and don’t need the theatrics. 

Was I bored at the Crüe concert? No because I had to spend much of my time trying not to laugh or shake my head as to not ruin the concert for the boys… but it is up there with the Imagine Dragons as the worst live experience of my life (another concert I went to with the kids). 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,107
    edited February 2022
    Doing theatrics isn't the same as "needing theatrics". I've never heard anyone put down Tommy Lees drum abilities? And he seems entertaining (if his thing is what you dig) on stage also without the gimmicks. 
  • Doing theatrics isn't the same as "needing theatrics". I've never heard anyone put down Tommy Lees drum abilities? And he seems entertaining (if his thing is what you dig) on stage also without the gimmicks. 
    Amazing. My entire post had nothing to do with disparaging Tommy Lee (I said the rollercoaster was “wild”).  When I see an amazing drummer on stage, I can’t stop watching. With Tool and Rush, it’s the entire show. With PJ and Primus, certain songs draw
    me to the drummer.

Anyways… Tommy Lee is far from the biggest problem of that band live, it was only an example. You can send in your hurt feelings report wherever you want 😂
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,107
    edited February 2022
    Doing theatrics isn't the same as "needing theatrics". I've never heard anyone put down Tommy Lees drum abilities? And he seems entertaining (if his thing is what you dig) on stage also without the gimmicks. 
    Amazing. My entire post had nothing to do with disparaging Tommy Lee (I said the rollercoaster was “wild”).  When I see an amazing drummer on stage, I can’t stop watching. With Tool and Rush, it’s the entire show. With PJ and Primus, certain songs draw
    me to the drummer.

Anyways… Tommy Lee is far from the biggest problem of that band live, it was only an example. You can send in your hurt feelings report wherever you want 😂
    Why should I respond to the rest of your entire post that has nothing to do with disparaging Tommy Lee, when everything you said was sound.
  • igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I could care less about popularity. The difference to me is the live experience. I’ve seen both bands live in the back-nine of their careers. PJ puts on a high energy show and is a great time.

Crüe goes through the motions with corny gimmicks and a bloated Vince Neil grinding some poor young back up dancer and barely being able to breathe enough to sing. I really did cringe. I went to Crüe because my stepsons wanted to see the show. My wife and I kept looking at each other in bewilderment at the atrocity we witnessed on stage. 

The drum rollercoaster was pretty wild… but Neil Pearl, Danny Carey or Matt Cameron, Tim Alexander, etc. on stage is more entertaining and don’t need the theatrics. 

Was I bored at the Crüe concert? No because I had to spend much of my time trying not to laugh or shake my head as to not ruin the concert for the boys… but it is up there with the Imagine Dragons as the worst live experience of my life (another concert I went to with the kids). 
    Yep.

Cool.

Ah. Whild. But just remmeber: Doing theatrics isn't the same as "needing theatrics". I've never heard anyone put down Tommy Lees drum abilities? And he seems entertaining (if his thing is what you dig) on stage also without the gimmicks. 

Cool going with the kids. 
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    I love both bands - art is subjective, listen to what speaks to you!