Nikki Sixx: Pearl Jam is "one of the most boring bands in history"

Comments

• mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The best part is reading PJ fans pretending like their favorite band is some high art/innovator, or something.  
    A rock band.  
    Being critical of another rock band.

I don't think PJ is high art.  I do think Motley Crue and plenty of the other hair bands were sexist and degrading to women.  I don't have a problem with anyone calling it out.  I think it should be called out.  They were dirt bags.  PJ wasn't perfect, but they weren't dirt balls.  
    OK.  Do you say the same about other bands who did the same thing?
    (Or so the same thing, still?)

I'd like to think so.  80s bands in particular built their whole persona around misogyny. While bands like the Stones have gone too far on occasion (Stray Cat Blues as an example), it didn't feel like their raison d'etre.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The best part is reading PJ fans pretending like their favorite band is some high art/innovator, or something.  
    A rock band.  

I don't think PJ is high art.  I do think Motley Crue and plenty of the other hair bands were sexist and degrading to women.  I don't have a problem with anyone calling it out.  I think it should be called out.  They were dirt bags.  PJ wasn't perfect, but they weren't dirt balls.  

I'd like to think so.  80s bands in particular built their whole persona around misogyny. While bands like the Stones have gone too far on occasion (Stray Cat Blues as an example), it didn't feel like their raison d'etre.

I wonder how many of the 4,000 women mick jagger was a gentleman with spoke French?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,107
    edited February 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A rock band.  

I wonder how many of the 4,000 women mick jagger was a gentleman with spoke French?
    I wonder when MICK MARS SOLO ALBUM FINALLY WILL BE RELEASED!?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,354
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A rock band.  

Tout le monde..  especially when he was tagging whoever Keith was seeing.  They were all givers like that. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A rock band.  

I wonder when MICK MARS SOLO ALBUM FINALLY WILL BE RELEASED!?
    I can't believe  he is even still alive. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,764
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A rock band.  

right no junkies or killers in pj
    Sarcastic?

fact with sarcasm. Sixx full blown junkie. coke and heroin, Lee had his own issues. Vince is a drunk who killed a guy while drunk.

Mike gets honorable mention though.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A rock band.  

Sarcastic?

fact with sarcasm. Sixx full blown junkie. coke and heroin, Lee had his own issues. Vince is a drunk who killed a guy while drunk.

Got it.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,764
    Its good that Vince can mostly grunt the sounds to approximate singing the lyrics though.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    I am with Team Edward.
    edited February 2022
    I am with Team Edward.
    Captain America saying I understood that reference
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • shit,now u brought memories back and   ill go watch tommy and pam sex tape 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited February 2022
    shit,now u brought memories back and   ill go watch tommy and pam sex tape 
    You should support Peta instead.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    vedpunk said:
    vedpunk said:
    Eddie is getting a TON of publicity because of this.  I mean he’s trending.  Was it all by design? With his new album and tour? Makes ya think.
    Yes. The marketing strategy for Eddies new album must have been centered around saying something negative about a 80s glam band. A strategy as old as time.

(I think capitalizing "TON" is to overstate the publicity he gets for this.)
    TMZ

https://amp.tmz.com/2022/02/05/motley-crue-nikki-sixx-calls-pearl-jam-boring-eddie-vedder-diss/

Rollingstone

EW

Just playing this out further. People see the feud in which Eddie Vedder’s band gets called boring, they then listen to The Long Way and The Haves…

and probably agree!
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    shit,now u brought memories back and   ill go watch tommy and pam sex tape 
    Doesn’t Vince have a sex tape too?  Maybe Pearl Jam should start making sex tapes.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    This thread lol 
  • PJNB said:
    This thread lol 

Will be closed in 3...2...1...
  • PJNB said:
    This thread lol 

Will be closed in 3...2...1...
    Would be pretty ironic in the real sense of the word or in Alanis', to close a thread about it on the board, while the Tenclub boss is going at it on Twitter. 
  • ChoskaChoska Posts: 123
    The Seattle musician on Seattle musician snark needs to stop. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    edited February 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A rock band.  

Sarcastic?

Yes let's not overlook Mike's past.
    And Sixx by the way is 20 years sober now. Should count for something, especially to folks like you and me.

Vince...no excuse for him, dude appears to have zero self control.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,629
    Amazing response 10/10
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Haha!! Which show is that?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,354
    South America I would guess. No one goes ape shit like they do. 
  • That is an amazing clip!

It is hilarious that they post on this but ignore so many fan communication opportunities. 

Great clip, though, for sure.  So cool when a crowd is right there with the band.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    demetrios said:
    Argentina doesn’t count.  They sing like that even when Hanson plays mmmmmbop.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    edited February 2022
    doh
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    Argentina 
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    igotid88 said:
    They go nuts for Kiss in South America too,
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,948
    Choska said:
    The Seattle musician on Seattle musician snark needs to stop. 
    What did Sir Mix A Lot say about Kenny G now?