LOL
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,111
    edited February 2022
    mfc2006 said:
    Big Mac $1.03

=) 
    Me and a friend has written that to each other frequently lately. It's gold.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    igotid88 said:
    3days said:
    I liked Motley Crue when I was 12 or 13. I have no problem with people liking or disliking Nikki Sixx and co. I do, however, think it's a little weird for him to refer to PJ as "one of the most boring bands in history". I get that he was lashing out after taking a shot, but it didn't really land. If PJ is boring, what does it say about The Crue? 

Even at their peak, Motley Crue weren't always able to sell out arenas. They mostly did the same setlists every night, using a backing track. I don't recall any of their music videos being widely celebrated. I don't remember any of their individual projects getting much traction. They use backup vocalists to hit notes that Vince simply cannot. For the past few decades, they've had to book co-headlining gigs in order to sell tickets. They need dancers to enhance their live shows. 

- Would Pearl Jam play that much bigger places around the world than Mötley Crüe? If we remove the US bias? And what has that to do with being boring or not? Does Neil Young or NIN play stadiums?

-Most bands do the same setlist. Many beloved and highly enteratining. I know a band who does the same Alive/RITFW/YL last encore at every show.

-They had videos banned on MTV and videos that was played a lot. What Pearl Jam videos have been celebrated or shown more than Mötleys? Are you talking about jeremy winning a MTV award? What has that to do with boring?

-What Pearl Jam individual projects has gotten any traction? What has this to do with being boring?

-Many bands use backup vocalists or some form of backing tape. I don't see what that has to do with boring?

-Many bands co-headline. Wasn't Pearl Jam planning on doing it with Foo Fighters a couple years back? What has that to doo with being boring?

You say you liked Mötley when you were 12 or 13. You are still talking about bands like you are that age. Hopefully we won't get into a debate about Sega VS Nintendo or Jason vs Michael Myers.
    I think the Foos tour was a fan made up thing. 
    As I recall, when asked about the chances of some Texas shows several years ago, Jeff mentioned it might have had to be a co-headlining deal with the Foos.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    What if the feud is just a big joke on all of us?

Eddie & the Crue could be in cahoots!
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    Personally, I've become a fan of "I get high, almost peed". 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,525
    after seeing those clips of Vince clearly unable to sing the songs, both because of pitch and sheer lack of breath (dude, I'm not body shaming, but fuck, get in shape for the tour FFS), I give more props to guys like Robert Plant, who know that as they age, limitations in pitch emerge, and adjust their musical output accordingly. Although, I suppose guys like Vince don't have as many options as RP does, but still. 

www.headstonesband.com

• NM70698 said:
    I can’t back Eddie on this one.  He could have made his point without name-checking Motley Crue.  He got on his high horse about supporting women and not objectifying them, then fired an unprovoked shot at Motley just to pump himself up.  I found it off putting, but then adding the comment about Guns N Roses was ridiculous.  I guess he wanted to make sure Duff didn’t take offense at his remarks, but it makes you wonder if Ed ever even owned Appetite for Destruction.  The GNR lyrics are way, WAY more misogynistic and objectifying of women than anything Motley Crue ever put out.
    Yeah I feel the same way. Here's Eddie's quote....

"I’d end up being at shows that I wouldn’t have chosen to go to — bands that monopolized late-’80s MTV. The metal bands that — I’m trying to be nice — I despised. “Girls, Girls, Girls” and Mötley Crüe: [expletive] you. I hated it. I hated how it made the fellas look. I hated how it made the women look. It felt so vacuous. Guns N’ Roses came out and, thank God, at least had some teeth."

He could've just said "metal bands that I wasn't really into" rather than saying "despised." 

And when he says he hated how it made the women look, he sounds like some lame feminist, as well as pretty judgmental. I'm sure the women in those videos and at those shows were all about it, misogyny and all. I bet if you told the women that were dancing in the Girls Girls Girls video that Eddie Vedder (or anybody) hated the way the video made them look, they'd probably respond "It made me look hot" or something to that effect. 

There's a video that I saw on YouTube years ago that I can't find now (maybe it's not there anymore), but it would've fit this topic. It was an MTV News segment on a mid-90's Crue concert. During the show, a girl sitting on a guy's shoulders whips out her tits. Tommy Lee points her out and says in his microphone "Well you don't see THAT at a Pearl Jam concert!" 

Well Tommy, I have, in fact, seen tits at a Pearl Jam concert. And Eddie proceeded to insult her "mosquito bites"
    he was shaming her for degrading herself (and maybe insulted?). Do I agree with it? No, but it's not like he was just laughing at the size. I think there was a purpose to it, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't embarrassed after the fact for how he handled it. 
    Oh yeah, I know he was shaming her for “degrading herself” and not because of the size of her breasts. You mentioned that you think there was a purpose to it. Yeah, like you said, to shame her. Just being holier-than-thou. Like she’s some poor lost soul that needs some tough love to shape up. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    after seeing those clips of Vince clearly unable to sing the songs, both because of pitch and sheer lack of breath (dude, I'm not body shaming, but fuck, get in shape for the tour FFS), I give more props to guys like Robert Plant, who know that as they age, limitations in pitch emerge, and adjust their musical output accordingly. Although, I suppose guys like Vince don't have as many options as RP does, but still. 
    Looks like a distended stomach from all the alcohol abuse. My late uncle who struggled with addiction most of his life looked a lot like Vince towards the end. Sad situation all around. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    NM70698 said:
    I can’t back Eddie on this one.  He could have made his point without name-checking Motley Crue.  He got on his high horse about supporting women and not objectifying them, then fired an unprovoked shot at Motley just to pump himself up.  I found it off putting, but then adding the comment about Guns N Roses was ridiculous.  I guess he wanted to make sure Duff didn’t take offense at his remarks, but it makes you wonder if Ed ever even owned Appetite for Destruction.  The GNR lyrics are way, WAY more misogynistic and objectifying of women than anything Motley Crue ever put out.

"I’d end up being at shows that I wouldn’t have chosen to go to — bands that monopolized late-’80s MTV. The metal bands that — I’m trying to be nice — I despised. “Girls, Girls, Girls” and Mötley Crüe: [expletive] you. I hated it. I hated how it made the fellas look. I hated how it made the women look. It felt so vacuous. Guns N’ Roses came out and, thank God, at least had some teeth."

He could've just said "metal bands that I wasn't really into" rather than saying "despised." 

And when he says he hated how it made the women look, he sounds like some lame feminist, as well as pretty judgmental. I'm sure the women in those videos and at those shows were all about it, misogyny and all. I bet if you told the women that were dancing in the Girls Girls Girls video that Eddie Vedder (or anybody) hated the way the video made them look, they'd probably respond "It made me look hot" or something to that effect. 

There's a video that I saw on YouTube years ago that I can't find now (maybe it's not there anymore), but it would've fit this topic. It was an MTV News segment on a mid-90's Crue concert. During the show, a girl sitting on a guy's shoulders whips out her tits. Tommy Lee points her out and says in his microphone "Well you don't see THAT at a Pearl Jam concert!" 

Well Tommy, I have, in fact, seen tits at a Pearl Jam concert. And Eddie proceeded to insult her "mosquito bites"
    he was shaming her for degrading herself (and maybe insulted?). Do I agree with it? No, but it's not like he was just laughing at the size. I think there was a purpose to it, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't embarrassed after the fact for how he handled it. 
    Oh yeah, I know he was shaming her for “degrading herself” and not because of the size of her breasts. You mentioned that you think there was a purpose to it. Yeah, like you said, to shame her. Just being holier-than-thou. Like she’s some poor lost soul that needs some tough love to shape up. 
    i don't think he was trying to help a lost soul. I think he was annoyed that someone thought it was appropriate to do that a PJ show, that she somehow thought he'd like that. 

www.headstonesband.com

Looks like a distended stomach from all the alcohol abuse. My late uncle who struggled with addiction most of his life looked a lot like Vince towards the end. Sad situation all around. 
    my bro in law had that shortly before he died (had to have it drained a few times at the hospital). I don't know. Vince just looks fat. lol

www.headstonesband.com

• NM70698 said:

i don't think he was trying to help a lost soul. I think he was annoyed that someone thought it was appropriate to do that a PJ show, that she somehow thought he'd like that. 
    It’s a rock concert, not a tea party!

Well in fairness to Eddie, I guess I’ll take him scolding a fan for flashing her tits over him giving a speech about climate change. If for no other reason, the scolding only took a few seconds. Every time I’ve been at show when he’s giving some sort of political or social commentary, I think to myself, “They could’ve played Spin The Black Circle in the time it took him to spit that all out.”
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2022
    SC is also in the MC fan club… listening to them on vinyl in his bed.
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • SC is also in the MC fan club… listening to them on vinyl in his bed.
    I know you're married and all, but I'm still hoping you and tish elope and move to Uranus. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,111
    edited February 2022
     the MC fan club

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    I sense an Alt Nation article in the near future.  :lol:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Pearl Jam Hit Back At Motley Crue Attack In Video (alternativenation.net)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    edited February 2022
    wrong thread

www.headstonesband.com

• kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 214
    edited February 2022

Well in fairness to Eddie, I guess I’ll take him scolding a fan for flashing her tits over him giving a speech about climate change. If for no other reason, the scolding only took a few seconds. Every time I’ve been at show when he’s giving some sort of political or social commentary, I think to myself, “They could’ve played Spin The Black Circle in the time it took him to spit that all out.”
      For me it’s not even the speech itself but the cumulative 2 minutes of uhs and umms for each one.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123

For me it’s not even the speech itself but the cumulative 2 minutes of uhs and umms for each one.

The speeches often are so he can catch his breath. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    JimmyV said:

The speeches often are so he can catch his breath. 
    "Let Stone sing!"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • *Let Matt Cameron sing more Peter Criss sung songs*
    Strange Ways gets my vote 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,306
    *Let Matt Cameron sing more Peter Criss sung songs*
    That’d be one hell of a crowd chant. You’d be an instant legend if you successfully got that started.  
    Strange Ways gets my vote 
    Sure. 

But this would be the GOAT

https://youtu.be/14cEgvHovwE
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    What if the feud is just a big joke on all of us?

Eddie & the Crue could be in cahoots!
    Clearly it is a publicity stunt…if it was real, they wouldn’t let it be discussed in this forum would they?  
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,629
    as long as everyone is respectful, sure. 

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,629
    edited February 2022
    I would be disappointed if it was a bit because I dislike everything Motley Crue stood for. PJ's attitude and actions have been the anthesis to that. And I get that they have/had friends and influences from bands that also were behaviorally opposed to PJ's way, and life is complicated, so fine, but for this to be a press bait (I don't think it is), would be a massive bummer. 

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2022
    SC is also in the MC fan club… listening to them on vinyl in his bed.
    I know you're married and all, but I'm still hoping you and tish elope and move to Uranus. 
    Oh yeah… who is tish

Edit - on second thought, I don’t care lol.
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    Whoever went to tonight’s EV show with the “Boring Fans” poster in the Motley Crue font, that was hilarious.
  • tschav said:
    Whoever went to tonight’s EV show with the “Boring Fans” poster in the Motley Crue font, that was hilarious.
    Did they play Shout At The Devil?
    ;)

The love he receives is the love that is saved