Nikki Sixx: Pearl Jam is "one of the most boring bands in history"

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    Choska said:
    The Seattle musician on Seattle musician snark needs to stop. 
    What did Sir Mix A Lot say about Kenny G now? 
    He likes big saxes, he cannot lie.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    This thing has gotten so silly and childish but damn I wish I was in that crowd! 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,948
    Poncier said:
    Choska said:
    The Seattle musician on Seattle musician snark needs to stop. 
    What did Sir Mix A Lot say about Kenny G now? 
    He likes big saxes, he cannot lie.
    😂🤣
  • I am surprised the social media team went for it like that. Doesn’t seem very PJ like. Add it to the list of weirdness over the past 2 years. 

Made me laugh though
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    bbiggs said:
    This thing has gotten so silly and childish but damn I wish I was in that crowd! 
    No way bro. Anyone over 40 isn’t allowed at shows like that.  Recovery time is way longer now! Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,613
    Go Animal said:
    Nikki Sixx wrote 3, maybe 4 great songs, Vince Neil can't (and could never) sing, Tommy Lee sure can't either (decent piano player, tho), and I have nothing bad to say about Mick Mars, or any of the other Crue-verse musicians.
    That being said:
    Poison > Crue
    Extreme > Crue
    Kick Axe > Crue
    Mr. Big > Crue
    L.A. Guns > Crue
    Quiet Riot > Crue
    David Lee Roth > Crue
    Enuff Znuff > Crue
    early (and later) Pantera > Crue

Not gonna compare Pearl Jam to Motley Crue. That'd be like comparing a ribeye steak to McDonalds. You compare McDonalds to Wendy's, Burger King, and White Castle ;)
    Opinions are like assholes, we all have one.

None of those listed are better, but I'm guessing you know that and were looking for a reply

👋 

Wasn't lookin', but figured I'd razz the hair metal crowd ;) Extreme was better, tho lol
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • this thread reminds me of the time when Nirvana said "Hi Axl" at the MTV Awards show.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    I am surprised the social media team went for it like that. Doesn’t seem very PJ like. Add it to the list of weirdness over the past 2 years. 

Made me laugh though
    Maybe it was Tim posting that as well. Been steaming about it since his last post.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    No way bro. Anyone over 40 isn’t allowed at shows like that.  Recovery time is way longer now! Lol
    At the pre-party we make sure everyone gets an Aleve and a knee brace. We’ll be golden. Those Argentinians got nothing on us old timers. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,164
    If you ranked the fifty most heinous things the Crue did, where would you slot in Townshend's laptop?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,629
    pjl44 said:
    If you ranked the fifty most heinous things the Crue did, where would you slot in Townshend's laptop?
    Tied for #1 that both behaviors are awful and gross. 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    3days said:
    3days said:
    Pearl Jam sets fastest sellout records for Wrigley Field. Motley Crue can't sellout Wrigley, even when dragging along 3 other name bands. Why are we talking about this?
    Selling out certain places or not. Why are you talking about that?
    Mr Sixx's claim is that Pearl Jam is one of the most boring bands of all time. I'm trying to follow his logic: They are so boring that they quickly sell out stadiums, by themselves, that The Crue couldn't even dream of filling? 
    FYI - the Wrigley show for Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Poison was originally sold out before the pandemic. It's not currently sold out due to many people taking refunds from 2 postponements. I took my refund after they postponed it a 2nd time last summer.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,354
    Sarava said:
    3days said:
    3days said:
    Pearl Jam sets fastest sellout records for Wrigley Field. Motley Crue can't sellout Wrigley, even when dragging along 3 other name bands. Why are we talking about this?
    Selling out certain places or not. Why are you talking about that?
    Mr Sixx's claim is that Pearl Jam is one of the most boring bands of all time. I'm trying to follow his logic: They are so boring that they quickly sell out stadiums, by themselves, that The Crue couldn't even dream of filling? 
    FYI - the Wrigley show for Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Poison was originally sold out before the pandemic. It's not currently sold out due to many people taking refunds from 2 postponements. I took my refund after they postponed it a 2nd time last summer.
    What about night 2?
  • BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    Vince Neil played the free stage at the Indiana State Fair last year.  
    This is funny…
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • I think the headline I just read sums things up best; Eddie Vedder and Nikki Sixx do not like each other's bands.
    #yawnfest.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    Eddie made a comment at the Newark show tonight that was something like Chad Smith doesn’t need a drum kit that flys into the air and spins around to be good. Hmm. I wonder who that was about  ;)
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    Maybe PJ can bring out the pyrotechnics & get Matt to do solo's in revolving cage to make them less boring, just sayin 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    What will Jeff say?

I miss igotid88
  • GlowGirl said:
    Eddie made a comment at the Newark show tonight that was something like Chad Smith doesn’t need a drum kit that flys into the air and spins around to be good. Hmm. I wonder who that was about  ;)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,107
    edited February 2022
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Hard to not be smitten by Tommy Lee's enthusiasm for wanting people to experience the drumming.

https://youtu.be/jhtPbQ1hPJw
  • demetrios said:
    Haha.

IT'S  ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Kind of using a cheatcode throwing in South American crowds though. 
    edited February 2022
    So on Eddie's Crusade so far he has attacked:

- Mötley Crüe 
    - Whoever wrote the single Girls, Girls, Girls
    - Tommy Lee
    - Women who have the same haircut as Heather Locklear 

Who will be next?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Also, for the people talking concert sizes....this is a measure of popularity, yes?
    Wouldn't album sales also be a measure of that, specifically  for any grandpa bands like ones formed in 80s or 90s, before the days of the download ruining that?  
    Motley Crue sold out stadiums for years.

igotid88 said:
    What will Jeff say?

Ha.  Nice.  He also has Ted Nugent on there.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jeff Ament has a tough decision to make.
    Jeff Ament has a tough decision to make.
    He's calling John Corabi to sing on the next Pearl Jam record.
  • 87astro87astro North Carolina Posts: 50
    My money is on Eddie in a fight.....I feel as if Nikki would be too concerned with his nails and makeup and hair....Ed looks like he would be a scrapper....
    87astro said:
    My money is on Eddie in a fight.....I feel as if Nikki would be too concerned with his nails and makeup and hair....Ed looks like he would be a scrapper....
    I've met both in person. Sixx physically has about 6-7 inches of height and who knows how much weight on Ed. Ed would definitely be fighting way out of his division.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    This is dumb. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited February 2022
    Poncier said:
    Jeff Ament has a tough decision to make.
    He's calling John Corabi to sing on the next Pearl Jam record.
    Then Eddie can work with Ron Nevison like Vince (and KISS) did. And really show his full potential!

https://youtu.be/jbDQYdln1UM