Nikki Sixx: Pearl Jam is "one of the most boring bands in history"

Comments

• demetrios said:
    Isn't that more than he has ever communicated with the Tenclub when there has been issues?

I understand there are no famous people to @ on here, but my advice would be to use the energy and the 140 x2 characters on that instead.

• demetrios said:
    Pics Where Vince Looks Hot
    Good stalkerish thread idea?
    Damn! 
    There’s 50lbs of meat stuck in a colon.
    That baby’s overdue.
    I fail to see the point in bodyshaming?
    Maybe you’re right. I should’ve been nicer. Let me try again:

Gee, looks like his music isn’t the only thing that hasn’t aged well.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,354
    demetrios said:
    Damn! 
    That baby’s overdue.

See, that’s much nicer…. And somehow meaner too.  Perfect.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,306
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:
    Damn! 
    That baby’s overdue.

I literally can’t get over your avatar. It’s incredible. It’s especially funny when you’re posting a detailed, well
    thought out post.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,354
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:
    Damn! 
    That baby’s overdue.

I literally can’t get over your avatar. It’s incredible. It’s especially funny when you’re posting a detailed, well
    thought out post.  
    I googled “stupid Ben affleck images” and it was the first one that came up.  Home run. 
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:
    Damn! 
    That baby’s overdue.

thought out post.  
    I googled “stupid Ben affleck images” and it was the first one that came up.  Home run. 
    More like a grand slam. 
  • I have sympathy both for Ben Affleck and for Vince Neill. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    I have sympathy both for Ben Affleck and for Vince Neill. 
    Sympathy for the Daredevil?
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Don't hear much from the head of the Ten Club...must be very selective in picking his spots.  Makes me wish Nikki Sixx would have said "Pearl Jam is never going to announce the rescheduled 2020 dates"
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    Noload said:
    Don't hear much from the head of the Ten Club...must be very selective in picking his spots.  Makes me wish Nikki Sixx would have said "Pearl Jam is never going to announce the rescheduled 2020 dates"
    Another gold post. Man, this thread is on fire. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Noload said:
    Spot on.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    😂 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    demetrios said:
    Isn't that more than he has ever communicated with the Tenclub when there has been issues?

I understand there are no famous people to @ on here, but my advice would be to use the energy and the 140 x2 characters on that instead.
    Not to mention bad form from Tim since Eddie started this whole thing and Sixx was just defending his band (as one would expect anybody to do)
    Everyone on here railing against Motley and Sixx should realize their guy is the one who threw the first and totally unnecessary sucker punch. He could have easily made his point without singling out any particular band. Between ticket prices, Platinum tickets and now this, 2022 is off to a shameful start for Vedder. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,107
    edited February 2022
    This is the Eminem and Christina Aguilera feud all over again. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Current feud stalled as Vedder pens letter to the editor. Sixx tweats he eagerly awaits a response.

The suspense is agonizing!
  • Hobbes said:
    Current feud stalled as Vedder pens letter to the editor. 

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,613
    Nikki Sixx wrote 3, maybe 4 great songs, Vince Neil can't (and could never) sing, Tommy Lee sure can't either (decent piano player, tho), and I have nothing bad to say about Mick Mars, or any of the other Crue-verse musicians.
    That being said:
    Poison > Crue
    Extreme > Crue
    Kick Axe > Crue
    Mr. Big > Crue
    L.A. Guns > Crue
    Quiet Riot > Crue
    David Lee Roth > Crue
    Enuff Znuff > Crue
    early (and later) Pantera > Crue

Not gonna compare Pearl Jam to Motley Crue. That'd be like comparing a ribeye steak to McDonalds. You compare McDonalds to Wendy's, Burger King, and White Castle ;)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Vince Neil played the free stage at the Indiana State Fair last year.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    Pearl Jam sets fastest sellout records for Wrigley Field. Motley Crue can't sellout Wrigley, even when dragging along 3 other name bands. Why are we talking about this?
  • demetrios said:
    Damn! 
    That baby’s overdue.
    that video is painful....

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • I think the context of the interview was how certain bands (especially hair metal bands like Motley Crue) objectified women in their lyrics and music videos.  Eddie has 2 daughters and has always been vocal for women's rights.  I think even fans of their music can understand that argument.  
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • 3days said:
    Pearl Jam sets fastest sellout records for Wrigley Field. Motley Crue can't sellout Wrigley, even when dragging along 3 other name bands. Why are we talking about this?
    Selling out certain places or not. Why are you talking about that?
    3days said:
    Mr Sixx's claim is that Pearl Jam is one of the most boring bands of all time. I'm trying to follow his logic: They are so boring that they quickly sell out stadiums, by themselves, that The Crue couldn't even dream of filling? 
  • 3days said:
    3days said:
    Mr Sixx's claim is that Pearl Jam is one of the most boring bands of all time. I'm trying to follow his logic: They are so boring that they quickly sell out stadiums, by themselves, that The Crue couldn't even dream of filling? 

3days said:
    3days said:

I'm assuming that the aforementioned film was bad. Bad does not equal boring. 
  • Go Animal said:
    Nikki Sixx wrote 3, maybe 4 great songs, Vince Neil can't (and could never) sing, Tommy Lee sure can't either (decent piano player, tho), and I have nothing bad to say about Mick Mars, or any of the other Crue-verse musicians.
    That being said:
    Poison > Crue
    Extreme > Crue
    Kick Axe > Crue
    Mr. Big > Crue
    L.A. Guns > Crue
    Quiet Riot > Crue
    David Lee Roth > Crue
    Enuff Znuff > Crue
    early (and later) Pantera > Crue

Not gonna compare Pearl Jam to Motley Crue. That'd be like comparing a ribeye steak to McDonalds. You compare McDonalds to Wendy's, Burger King, and White Castle ;)
    Opinions are like assholes, we all have one.

None of those listed are better, but I'm guessing you know that and were looking for a reply

👋 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Poison was definitely not better than MC. They sucked more than anything has ever sucked before.

• I sense an Alt Nation article in the near future.  :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved