Nikki Sixx: Pearl Jam is "one of the most boring bands in history"

Comments

• goldrush said:
    goldrush said:
    This thread almost makes me wish we had social media and internet forums back when Vince was challenging Axl to a televised fight  :D

After watching some of the videos that have been posted I feel sorry for Mick Mars. The guy has been in chronic pain all of his career but still does a better job on stage than Vince ever has.

I used to love Motley Crue when I was a kid. I was 11 when I first saw the Wild Side video and it seemed like a lot of fun. Of course when you're that young you don't really understand everything that was going on, but there were a ton of 80s hair bands all doing the same thing (and Motley had better songs). The last album of theirs that I bought was the Corabi one, I still think it's a solid album and it would have been interesting to see where they could have gone if they'd kept that sound.

It probably sounds patronising but now I just think of them as something I grew out of, like a cartoon I used to watch as a kid. I follow Nikki on IG (for his photography more than the music), but Tommy blocked me a few years ago  :D
    Why did tommy block you?
    It was quite a few years ago, and it was a couple of days after a mass shouting in the US. I can’t recall which one. Tommy posted a video of him and someone else shooting up an old car with automatic rifles. I - and a lot of other people - commented with something like “dude, not the best timing!” and didn’t think anything else of it. I mean, it’s Tommy Lee, he posts crazy shit all the time.

Next day I went to check and I’d been blocked. I checked the post from my wife’s account and there were a bunch of replies from other fans to my comment, calling me everything from a pussy to a hater to (my favourite) a “Hillary loving piece of shit” (as a Welshman in Australia that made zero sense at all!)  :D
    There was also a blanket reply from Tommy to all the negative comments saying “Fuck you all, you’re done”. I wished I’d saved a screenshot of it because it was pretty entertaining.
    Damn man. As an American, Id like to apologize on behalf of all the idiots in this country. Thats exactly the kind of tone deaf behavior that tommy exudes. 
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    Stone is disagreeing with Eddie…

When asked about Vedder's comments, Gossard counters, "Jeff and Mike and I loved hard rock, like went through it all. I bought the first Motley Crue Leathur records. I thought it was, at the time, it was punk-like."

He adds, "It had the same — it's like Motorhead. There were things about it that I was discovering about British hard rock at that time, that also felt rebellious or against the norm or something that made me interested in it. And I always liked heavy — Sabbath and Zeppelin. And then like N.W.A and moving into industrial sort of heavy. But it always had to have a song."

Read More: Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard Defends Motley Crue After Vedder Diss | https://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-motley-crue-stone-gossard-defends-after-eddie-vedder-diss-nikki-sixx/?fbclid=IwAR2xr83CXdyBrHz7bliDHTSPEyXeY6irU4i9no_OMYw2jcr98bLoIPN2AOA&utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    that was to be expected. we all knew jeff liked the crue, and obviously Mike (given his tastes we know of at the time). Didn't peg Stone as a Crue fan, but good for him. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Stone had always been a peacemaker. Not surprising. 

Here is the thing, EV wasn’t speaking on behalf of the band. He was promoting a solo record. I don’t know a single person who would like every band in my record collection and vice versa. 
  • It is 1996 now on the new episode of pam and tommy and tommy lee is at the viper room. He yells, “what the hell is this shit!” referring to the music thats being played. The bartender comes over and she says, “its sleater-kinney, its so fucking good.” He looks incredulous, gets into a fight with some people and gets kicked out. 

Tommy actually got kicked out of the viper room but the writers using sleater kinney was comedy genius. 

• Tommy actually got kicked out of the viper room but the writers using sleater kinney was comedy genius. 
    Why
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,107
    edited February 2022
    that was to be expected. we all knew jeff liked the crue, and obviously Mike (given his tastes we know of at the time). Didn't peg Stone as a Crue fan, but good for him. 
    I don't really see the binary comparison fans are painting here, 

Isn't there a chasm of difference between "dispisng" late 80s MTV Mötley Crüe and their song Girls Girls Girls. And falling for their selfproduced first album...

Would it be -- from what has been said -- out of the question for Stone to also despise Girls Girls Girls and Eddie to also dig a LA club band producing their own rock debut?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Liking a first album because it fits in with a genre you're into is defending a band now?  Really, that's the level of barrel scraping the media are choosing to go with?

No wonder the world's going to shit fast...

For what it's worth I commented before a really good interview with Ed has almost been completely lost over a crap, throwaway comment!  Seems I was sadly right.

Isn't there a chasm of difference between "dispisng" late 80s MTV Mötley Crüe and their song Girls Girls Girls. And falling for their selfproduced first album...

Would it be -- from what has been said -- out of the question for Stone to also despise Girls Girls Girls and Eddie to also dig a LA club band producing their own rock debut?
    to be honest, I really don't care which band member likes or dislikes a band or for what reason. I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill here. I think this "feud" with Nikki is quite funny. it's very late 90's MTV Celebrity Death Match. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    This whole thing is ridiculous. Who gives a shit who likes which band? I sure as hell don't.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,698
    This horse has been beat so much it might just get revived. 
  • This thread is pure gold. I won’t let it die 😂
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    Just listen to what you like and don't judge others for listening to what they like. 
  • biz999 said:
    Just listen to what you like and don't judge others for listening to what they like. 
    Well now that would be a boring thread. I don’t condone this message. 
  • This thread is pure gold. I won’t let it die 😂
    Hahaha.  Love it. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 711
    edited February 2022

Tommy actually got kicked out of the viper room but the writers using sleater kinney was comedy genius. 
    Why
    Its a fictionalized show, so the writers made it seem like he got into a fight with some guys talking shit about him and the sex tape.  Which honestly, is a valid reason to get into fight but who knows what the real reason was why he got kicked out of the viper room. 
    Post edited by foriginalsin on
    biz999 said:
    Well now that would be a boring thread. I don’t condone this message. 
    Fair point!
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    edited February 2022

I can never tell if you are being serious or just being a contrarian? I don't aways agree with your opinions. That said, I appreciate you as a poster. Objectivity/differing views is what this forum needs to make it better.
      I wasn't referring to this post specifically. I meant in general.
    Post edited by smile6680 on
  • smile6680 said:

I can never tell if you are being serious or just being a contrarian? I don't aways agree with your opinions. That said, I appreciate you as a poster. Objectivity/differing views is what this forum needs to make it better.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,948
    biz999 said:
    Don’t bring this trash into the thread. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    ^ Seeing the video title as "Vince Neil absolutely butchers the National Anthem", I expected a lot worse than what it was.
    Carl Lewis and Roseanne Barr can rest easy, they still share the title.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    the way his head was meandering around pretty sure he was drunk

www.headstonesband.com

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,698
    I have to give him or anyone else that gets up and sings that song with no musical accompaniment some credit. It is not an easy song to do and not have it come out wonky. My son, who is a fantastic singer, performed it at a County Veteran's Day memorial service and listening to him practicing to get it down was impressive.  
  • That version was borderline offensive.  He is all over the place and completely off key. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Wow. That was bad.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Well, time to (not) put my money where my mouth is. They announced a Toronto date this summer that I'll skip. It's now 7 years since I went to the farewell tour, and Vince was clearly struggling then. I've seen a couple of great MC shows, but this tour is ridiculous. 

I do want to see Joan Jett though, but not as an opener in a stadium.
  • I'm sad that so many pearl jam warriors stopped posting in this thread, defenders of the faith, reacting to a band member's response to an unprovoked attack by another oldies band band member
    :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Came thiiiiiiis close to pulling the trigger on Motley Crue/Def Leppard/Poison/Joan Jett tickets yesterday. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    Came thiiiiiiis close to pulling the trigger on Motley Crue/Def Leppard/Poison/Joan Jett tickets yesterday. 
    a friend of mine posted about it on facebook the other day. she's willing to pay for those tickets AND travel for it. yikes. but she's definitely the target market: 40 something metal mom. 

www.headstonesband.com