Eddie Vedder fan to fan face value marketplace?

Comments

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Of course it’s a scam. They “sell out” the venue then hold back a big chunk of tickets, trickling them out slowly and charging 2-4x the regular price. These prices adjust up and down to capture as much market value as possible based on their algorithm. 

How many tickets are unsold? The consumer doesn’t know as TM has no obligation to reveal this. Buyers see three tickets for $600, or 1 ticket for $1000 and assume that’s the remainder of supply and their last chance to get into the show. Thus TM can capture the market willing to pay more for tickets. Then TM can release another single ticket for $1000, and continue the cycle.

I think at the present moment there is a disconnect as consumers are 1) accustomed to ticket brokers opening all (95%+) available tickets up from the beginning and releasing some family and friends holds a day or two prior, and 2) static ticket prices for the tiers. Will be curious to see how consumers adjust, if it all. The other factor is fear of uncertainty - people prefer to have tickets in hand now and will clearly pay more for that assurance.

Yep - it is a scam. They pretend like the "dynamic pricing" is based on actual supply and demand, while they manipulate the supply and withhold information to create demand

Advertising the face value ticket exchange and then waiting until just before the show to implement it is also a big scam. Ticketmaster wins again at gouging fans, but this time with an assist from Eddie Vedder and Ten Club (maybe not intentionally, but still the case). 
    Yes exactly!! The whole process was completely manipulative. I feel for pthomn.

I understand Zod’s point of giving the scalper money back to the artist. I’d rather have tiered ticket prices then where you pay for better seats instead of this dynamic pricing, unknown supply BS. Having one person pay $1000 for a mid-tier ticket and someone else pay $250 for orchestra is BS.

Determine some highly valuable seats and charge premium ($600+). Charge more for orchestra ($400), less for mezz ($250), and even less for balcony ($150). Have a first row raffle for $25 so some people without the bucks  get a chance. Not sure if the economics of my exact pricing works out but you get my point.

Sidebar: Even typing those prices hurt my head. Man how ticket prices have ballooned recently.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    I think everything is ballooning.  All these industries that were hit hard because of covid are trying to do catch up :(
  • Zod said:
    uglybabo said:
    Zod said:
    PB11041 said:
    I would not pay a cent over the basic ticket price.  Platinum is such a scam by ticketmaster.

I wouldn't call it a scam.  TM earn's their $$ from the fees not from selling higher prices platinum tickets.    
    This is not entirely true; Ticketmaster's fee is related to the ticket price. 

A $100 ticket, fee $10-20
    A $1000 tickets fee $100-200
    ok, so it's mutually beneficial.   TM earns more, Promoter Earns more, and artist earns more.

I still don't feel like its scam, it's just annoying.   If that were a free market, a larger percentage than what went to platinum would of gone to scalpers.  They would of jacked up the prices. The extra fees would be earned by stubhub instead of TM, and both the Promoter/EV make less, and fans are no further ahead or behind.  Probably behind, because I imagine scalpers would of scooped up a lot of tickets in a free market environment.

That being said, the EV environment is unique in that it's almost impossible to sell tickets 2nd hand except at face value.   So on one end we've got platinum, and on the other artificially suppressing ticket prices.lol.

Any other band I think my argument is solid, because only EV does that?

The problem with the Platinum is that its a bastardized version of the free market. I am all for selling tickets at prices that exemplify supply/demand at the outset. If they feel tickets are worth $500 and you can get it based on demand, then charge it.  But the same should go with anyone that wants to resell on their platform. That's not what they are doing. They distorted supply. Then when the dust settled they choked off the reselllers while they dumped what they needed to. That ain't a free market.

• Yes exactly!! The whole process was completely manipulative. I feel for pthomn.

I understand Zod’s point of giving the scalper money back to the artist. I’d rather have tiered ticket prices then where you pay for better seats instead of this dynamic pricing, unknown supply BS. Having one person pay $1000 for a mid-tier ticket and someone else pay $250 for orchestra is BS.

Determine some highly valuable seats and charge premium ($600+). Charge more for orchestra ($400), less for mezz ($250), and even less for balcony ($150). Have a first row raffle for $25 so some people without the bucks  get a chance. Not sure if the economics of my exact pricing works out but you get my point.

Sidebar: Even typing those prices hurt my head. Man how ticket prices have ballooned recently.
    Agreed. There are a variety of options that would be better than the current system, and they aren't particularly complicated (e.g., give a date for opening fan-to-fan or open it immediately). The request is really to make things honest and transparent, rather than treating customers like marks in a big con. Ticketmaster unapologetically treats its customers like shit because they know there is no competition. I'm just disappointed that EV and Ten Club went along with this. 

Yes exactly!! The whole process was completely manipulative. I feel for pthomn.

Agreed. There are a variety of options that would be better than the current system, and they aren't particularly complicated (e.g., give a date for opening fan-to-fan or open it immediately). The request is really to make things honest and transparent, rather than treating customers like marks in a big con. Ticketmaster unapologetically treats its customers like shit because they know there is no competition. I'm just disappointed that EV and Ten Club went along with this. 
    Agreed. I’m hoping EV/10c did not anticipate this happening and will negotiate something better for future tours. Maybe the rules have changed but not sure why they couldn’t have gone with the PJ 2020 tour model for ticketing.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Mac57Mac57 Posts: 274
    Just got a pair in NJ for verified fan. Tier 4 Row E, regular price. I'm happy to be in the building. CU there. Hang in there for tickets.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024 MSG 1 & 2, Baltimore, Philly 1 & 2, Fenway 1
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    Zod said:
    At least I know that Seattle will probably get activate soon, and if something happens with the border I'll at least have a chance to get my money back on the platinums.

I imagine there's going to be a fair number of the plat. tickets put back on sale due to buyers remorse :(  Could make them hard to flip.

Looks like fan to fan is at least a filter option on the ticket page for Seattle now so maybe selling is open now
  • Zod said:
    At least I know that Seattle will probably get activate soon, and if something happens with the border I'll at least have a chance to get my money back on the platinums.

I imagine there's going to be a fair number of the plat. tickets put back on sale due to buyers remorse :(  Could make them hard to flip.

Looks like fan to fan is at least a filter option on the ticket page for Seattle now so maybe selling is open now
    I hope so, I live in Seattle and hoping to get tickets.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    It's amazing how many platinum tickets keep popping up at newark in the first few rows.  What bs.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Tons of great seats up for NJ right now at face. 
    Go get ‘em. 

• Tons of great seats up for NJ right now at face. 
    Go get ‘em. 

Thanks.  Managed to upgrade.  Now have to sell one…
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    Crazy how many seats they held back.  
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    mcgruff10 said:
    Single in Orch row S Now for $199.  It is nuts.  One of the T1 boxes available is where my friend got tenclub tickets. He is row A. Row B available tonight. Only 6 people total in those boxes. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Single in Orch row S Now for $199.  It is nuts.  One of the T1 boxes available is where my friend got tenclub tickets. He is row A. Row B available tonight. Only 6 people total in those boxes. 
    As a result of the activity tonight I have posted a single on face value fan to fan in the tier 3 box closest to the stage.  Hope someone on here grabs it.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Has anyone had success listing Fan to Fan for Seattle?  I have 2 that I cannot use, but am unable to list them. 
    The amount of platinum tickets that were held back is crazy. Newark just released a few more rows at platinum pricing.  Honestly shocked I scored tickets through tenclub for this one, when so many went to platinum. The center Orch rows and full grand tier boxes were just released for $499 plus fees
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,316
    What a disgrace this has been. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Absolutely.  I know artists have to make money but this is definitely not cool.  A thousand dollars to see a two hour set of covers and songs from an album we haven’t heard yet? Such bad vibes.  
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,316
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Absolutely.  I know artists have to make money but this is definitely not cool.  A thousand dollars to see a two hour set of covers and songs from an album we haven’t heard yet? Such bad vibes.  
    100% 
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    This 👆face at $236 a ticket after fees is plenty for the artist. 
    Newark capacity is 3,352 according to a quick google search.  What do you think the percentage of seats held back by TM was for platinum?  I feel like the face value drop last night were initially held for platinum, but they realized they weren’t going to sell so let them go.  
  • mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Newark capacity is 3,352 according to a quick google search.  What do you think the percentage of seats held back by TM was for platinum?  I feel like the face value drop last night were initially held for platinum, but they realized they weren’t going to sell so let them go.  
    We don’t know if the artist gets a percentage of sales or a flat fee.  My guess is it’s a flat fee paid by the promoter and then the promoter keeps the ticket money and tries to optimize that.  But just guessing.  In any case I got a nice upgrade last night in the drop, but not as nice as the second row centre at face value that crashed out of my cart at one point.  That would have been epic.  

• The amount of platinum tickets that were held back is crazy. Newark just released a few more rows at platinum pricing.  Honestly shocked I scored tickets through tenclub for this one, when so many went to platinum. The center Orch rows and full grand tier boxes were just released for $499 plus fees
    I didn’t see grand tier or orch at 499+. The drop where I got tix was $199 for Grand Tier. That was late 1/28. 
    The amount of platinum tickets that were held back is crazy. Newark just released a few more rows at platinum pricing.  Honestly shocked I scored tickets through tenclub for this one, when so many went to platinum. The center Orch rows and full grand tier boxes were just released for $499 plus fees
    I didn’t see grand tier or orch at 499+. The drop where I got tix was $199 for Grand Tier. That was late 1/28. 
    Yeah, they released a ton at $199 on 1/29, then last night released about 25 for $499 in center Orch and those grand tier R boxes in map ablve
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Agreed. The whole ticketing this EV tour has def left a sour taste. I hope they deliver $250-$1,000/ticket worth of concert.

At least if you paid $1,000 on the secondary for a ticket it wasn’t the artist telling you they were worth that much.
  • I'm hoping/praying/expecting 2.5hr-3hr on the 22nd!! 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Agreed. The whole ticketing this EV tour has def left a sour taste. I hope they deliver $250-$1,000/ticket worth of concert.

At least if you paid $1,000 on the secondary for a ticket it wasn’t the artist telling you they were worth that much.
    No, but that led to promoters (with the knowledge of the band, like Metallica) selling blocks of tickets directly to promoters for above face value to earn extra revenues, which resulted in larger gaurantees for bands.

Feels odd bands were back into stuff like that just they could make the appearance of selling costs below market value.. lol.

This is nuts.  Check out all the Orch seats just released as platinum, but for face ($199 plus fees) Really sucks for anyone trying to sell F2F or for those who spent big money on similar seats. 

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,938

This is nuts.  Check out all the Orch seats just released as platinum, but for face ($199 plus fees) Really sucks for anyone trying to sell F2F or for those who spent big money on similar seats. 

Wait… we’re complaining that they released really good tickets for face?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:

I’m not complaining at all.  I was lucky enough to score though 10club.  Just wild that every time I log into TM there are more and more seats released that were held for platinum. Rows and rows at a time. Guess they realize that the market of people willing to pay over face for this show has diminished so they are now listing at face. 

That being said, anyone who still needs a newark, Go to TM now and have your pick! 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,938
    on2legs said:

I’m not complaining at all.  I was lucky enough to score though 10club.  Just wild that every time I log into TM there are more and more seats released that were held for platinum. Rows and rows at a time. Guess they realize that the market of people willing to pay over face for this show has diminished so they are now listing at face. 

That being said, anyone who still needs a newark, Go to TM now and have your pick! 
    I was just referring to the “really sucks” comment. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore