Eddie Vedder fan to fan face value marketplace?

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    And another whole row of platinum tickets just appeared in orchestra center for newark.  such bs.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    mcgruff10 said:
    And another whole row of platinum tickets just appeared in orchestra center for newark.  such bs.  
    I keep seeing these posts for Newark.  Are these same drops happening for NY?  I wonder if all venues will see this as the show date approaches.  Agree...major BS.

• mcgruff10 said:
    Yep, 16 additional tickets held back to artificially manipulate ‘platinum’ demand. Total bullshit on the part of TM.
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    I feel bad for all those people that bought platinum tickets at the face value price of 6 or 7 hundred and are trying to sell them on fan to fan next to a seat that is selling for 170$.
    There was no other way to have sold their tickets and now lots of other lower prices and better situated options are available.

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Anti-scalping laws gave Ticketmaster a monopoly on the show. Now all prices are inflated. Really great job helping concert goers here.
  • skootboy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yep, 16 additional tickets held back to artificially manipulate ‘platinum’ demand. Total bullshit on the part of TM.
    I agree. remember the band/artist has agreed to this also. So it's not just ticketmaster.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    Platinum Tour 2022

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    smile6680 said:
    skootboy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I agree. remember the band/artist has agreed to this also. So it's not just ticketmaster.
    Good point.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    smile6680 said:
    skootboy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Mostly.  Usually it's a promoter guaranteeing a certain amount of money to play a gig.   Then it's up to the promoter on how to sell the tickets in a way they can pay the guarantee and make some money on top.    It's entirely possible for an artists to turn a blind eye to what a promoter is doing.   We make $500k playing this gig kind of thing, but not worrying about the rest.

I think one of the blatant examples was when a promoter for Metallica concerts was selling blocks of tickets directly to scalpers above face value.   This was happening alot in the industry so promoters could pay what they told the band (and make a profit).  I suppose in that example the band did kind of know what was going on....

but yah.. it's possible for an artist to take the guarantee and not worry about how those funds are being raised, but on the flip side, PJ has put so much thought into their tickets and prices, that it would seem uncharacteristic to fly under the radar on this tour.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    mcgruff10 said:
    smile6680 said:
    skootboy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Good point.  
    I think we can all agree it sucks but we don't know anything about bands contracts with Ticketmaster.  Yes they have to agree to it I guess but we don't know what the alternative or what happens if they don't.  It might be one of those things they have to agree with but there really isn't another choice.  Are their popular bands who play theaters or larger venues that don't have platinum tickets?
  • Why can’t I change the price of my ticket when I list it for sale?
    To allow more fans to purchase tickets at face value, tickets may only be listed at the price set by the artist. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.

• pthomnpthomn Posts: 116
    URthekey said:
    I feel bad for all those people that bought platinum tickets at the face value price of 6 or 7 hundred and are trying to sell them on fan to fan next to a seat that is selling for 170$.
    There was no other way to have sold their tickets and now lots of other lower prices and better situated options are available.

I paid $1090 for my platinum beacon ticket the day it released. lower balcony. 

I feel like a total jackass 

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393

Why can’t I change the price of my ticket when I list it for sale?
    To allow more fans to purchase tickets at face value, tickets may only be listed at the price set by the artist. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.

But we, as Ticketmaster, can jerk around the face value price while you can’t! 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    edited February 2022
    Ticketmaster just dropped 5th row tickets for Chicago N1 @ $195, missed out but still got a ORCH row D.
  • Cvazz8Cvazz8 Posts: 11
    Really can't believe what I'm reading. All the complaining. If you didn't want/think you could go ,then why buy a ticket? You know how many fans were locked out? 
    Gang, your able to get first access as a fan, and your complaining?? They are keeping it out of the bots and secondary market so we don't have to pay the mark up.
    This is the most fair way for REAL fans to go to shows. You can't have it both ways.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    tschav said:
    Ticketmaster just dropped 5th row tickets for Chicago N1 @ $195, missed out but still got a ORCH row D.
    Wow.  This is great.  Thank you for the heads up!!
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    Some good Beacon seats for tonight on Ticketmaster. $179/199
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    tschav said:
    One of the benefits of working from home - keeping a tab open and watching TM add seats or drop prices over the past few weeks. Hard work finally paid off.
  • I had tried for 10C tickets for NJ, both NYC shows and lost out on Verified fan too. Which sucked but figured it is what it is. 
    Just got Tier 2 Box seats for $179 for NJ so pretty pumped about that. 
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,462
    edited February 2022
    Hi,
    I have two tix for Beacon tomorrow, Friday night together in Loge 1.
    Face value.
    Please PM if interested.  
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    Stubhub still has 82 tickets left for tonight’s show, 1 hour before show time. The prices start at $140, which means the seller is losing money on these.
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    Friday night orchestra on Ticketmaster for $199. 
  • 316 tickets currently available on TM for Chicago N2.  Hahaha.  I'm sure they'll release even more next week.  What a scam.  Most people  couldn't get any thru 10c or "verified fan," just so they could manufacture scarcity, and trick people with overpriced platinum tickets.  A disgrace.  Maybe even the basis for a future class action lawsuit (and TM is no stranger to such lawsuits).
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,403
    This tour was overpriced from the start. Plus by the looks of the warm up show last night, it’s not a normal Eddie solo show. A new album and covers for 200+   No thanks.  I’ll be watching the tix dishing for newark for way below face 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    tschav said:
    tschav said:
    One of the benefits of working from home - keeping a tab open and watching TM add seats or drop prices over the past few weeks. Hard work finally paid off.
    Appears a lot of these similar seats from yesterday's drop are "platinum" now.  Not as pricey as the platinums have been, but still an increase.  Thanks again.
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    I'm sure it's been covered but anyone know why I can't sell my seat for Newark as a pair....they are seats 19 and 21....they only allow me to sell them as singles....I get it thinks they are not next to each other but why are other Pairs allowed to be listed as pairs though....frustrating
  • I have a Chicago N1 for $100.
    Box.
    Front row of box.
    Aisle seat.

Can transfer via ticketmaster.
    Payment via paypal.
  • Just posted Seattle tix orchestra on Fan exchange…finally open! 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Glad that our fellow fans in Seattle have the chance at face value!
  • I have two Orchestra Right for Seattle 2 that I will be posting on F2F tonight, 2/8 @ 8pm Pacific Time.  Hopefully someone who was shut out can get them.  10c tix.