Eddie Vedder fan to fan face value marketplace?

Comments

• So has anyone tried to sell Newark tickets via TM Fan To Fan? Button appeared today for “Sell Tickets” but when I select two tickets to sell, it tells me that the tickets are “not contiguous” and won’t let me post them for sale. I talked to a live human at TM and he said the tickets are indeed next to each other but I can’t resell them because “they were part of a group sale.” Going to call again tomorrow and see if I get an answer I like better. 
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    BH176327 said:
    So has anyone tried to sell Newark tickets via TM Fan To Fan? Button appeared today for “Sell Tickets” but when I select two tickets to sell, it tells me that the tickets are “not contiguous” and won’t let me post them for sale. I talked to a live human at TM and he said the tickets are indeed next to each other but I can’t resell them because “they were part of a group sale.” Going to call again tomorrow and see if I get an answer I like better. 
    That is strange? 10club tickets? Or verified fan? Good luck, I hope you get it straightened out. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • How in the world did you get through to a live human?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • BH176327 said:
    So has anyone tried to sell Newark tickets via TM Fan To Fan? Button appeared today for “Sell Tickets” but when I select two tickets to sell, it tells me that the tickets are “not contiguous” and won’t let me post them for sale. I talked to a live human at TM and he said the tickets are indeed next to each other but I can’t resell them because “they were part of a group sale.” Going to call again tomorrow and see if I get an answer I like better. 
    That is strange? 10club tickets? Or verified fan? Good luck, I hope you get it straightened out. 
    10C tickets. And even stranger, if I only list one ticket instead of two, I can get past the “non-contiguous” error. 
  • How in the world did you get through to a live human?
    If you are serious, 1-800-653-8000. If you’re kidding - “I know right?” Was probably one of those Westworld androids or something. 😂
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    BH176327 said:
    BH176327 said:
    10C tickets. And even stranger, if I only list one ticket instead of two, I can get past the “non-contiguous” error. 
    So can you just single sell both? Ridiculous to do it that way and assume you tried that. 
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    BH176327 said:
    I’ve had this happen with broadway tickets. It might be because the center seats are sequential but the side sections are even one side odd the other. 

So the computer gets messed up because in the center 101 is next to 102, and on the sides it’s 1 and 3 or 2 and 4, so it thinks the seats on the side are ‘non contiguous’. 
  • Does anyone know why San Diego tickets are more expensive? I see very back row 2 tix are listed at $211 each before fees and that’s called “face value”. There’s no way that back seat was listed for over 200 by Eddie. I got one for the la show for just 150 and it’s closer. 

Very confusing to me why SD is so overpriced.
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    edited January 2022
    My tickets for San Diego are near the back and they were $159 plus fees. My pair was $420-430, so $211 sounds like it would be face value in a fan to fan sale, as the seller would recoup his entire cost. This venue is only 1,200 seats, so it’s likely going to be tough to get in for less than $211 plus fees, unless there are tickets at the box office on the day of the show.

by the way, this show only had 2 prices. There were no $129 tickets like at the other shows.
    Post edited by KL159781 on
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,530
    I’ve been waiting and hoping since the Onsale to get a fan-to-fan pair for Seattle N1, but haven’t seen anything but platinum listed thus far. Made me think to look to se if other cities had F2F up. 

I get that SD is small and I know that FTF will add fees to face, but something just isn’t right with the system (which is odd as I found it worked well for PJ Spring 2020 tour before cancelations). As an example, have a look at this…two pairs of FTF at $610.50 and $1121 per ticket, sandwiched around platinum ($875 per). Makes no logical sense…
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    mwplum said:
    I’ve been waiting and hoping since the Onsale to get a fan-to-fan pair for Seattle N1, but haven’t seen anything but platinum listed thus far. Made me think to look to se if other cities had F2F up. 

I get that SD is small and I know that FTF will add fees to face, but something just isn’t right with the system (which is odd as I found it worked well for PJ Spring 2020 tour before cancelations). As an example, have a look at this…two pairs of FTF at $610.50 and $1121 per ticket, sandwiched around platinum ($875 per). Makes no logical sense…
    I assumed those were people trying to resell platinum tickets they purchased 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    mwplum said:

Fan to Fan only allows you to sell the tickets at the exact cost you purchased at.  You cannot lower or raise the cost at all. 

So those Fan to Fan tickets are people who purchased Platinum tickets and now wish to resell them.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • PJNB said:
    BH176327 said:
    BH176327 said:
    So can you just single sell both? Ridiculous to do it that way and assume you tried that. 

• BH176327 said:
    PJNB said:
    BH176327 said:
    BH176327 said:

Yes I did try to sell single. Selling single let me get further in the process (seeing selling value of the ticket) but the “sell” button remained grey. Phone system now recognizes my number and sends me straight to “no phone support available, send email.” I emailed TM this morning to ask for a refund. “Argh”
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    mwplum said:

someone just went big and snatched the $619 seats
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    At least I know that Seattle will probably get activate soon, and if something happens with the border I'll at least have a chance to get my money back on the platinums.

I imagine there's going to be a fair number of the plat. tickets put back on sale due to buyers remorse :(  Could make them hard to flip.

• DEGBTI said:
    mwplum said:

If I was going to spend $619 for Row W, I’d probably spend the $875 for Row D.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    DEGBTI said:
    mwplum said:

If I was going to spend $619 for Row W, I’d probably spend the $875 for Row D.  
    the $619 was $619 out the door, the $875 comes to to $1032 after fees - i don't necessarily disagree with your logic, but there is a significant difference between $1239 and $2065 for a pair 
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    I would not pay a cent over the basic ticket price.  Platinum is such a scam by ticketmaster.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    I would not pay a cent over the basic ticket price.  Platinum is such a scam by ticketmaster.

I wouldn't call it a scam.  TM earn's their $$ from the fees not from selling higher prices platinum tickets.    Basically the promoter offers the artists/band X to play a show, then they have to figure out a way to earn enough money to cover that costs and make $$ profit on it.

Previously when concerts tickets are sold below market value, they get absorbed be scalpers who buy them then sell them at market value for a profit.    Ticketmaster designed a system that tries to capture this lost revenue, which results in going to the promoter, which then can offer a higher guarantee, which means the artist/band makes more.

I'm not happy about platinum tickets, but I wouldn't call it scam.   It's a big part of economics. If you're selling a good where where 5000 people are willing to pay $200 for it, but 1000 people are willing to pay $400 for it, how do you maximize revenue. You don't charge the same price to everyone.. lol.
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    Zod said:
    PB11041 said:

I wouldn't call it a scam.  TM earn's their $$ from the fees not from selling higher prices platinum tickets.    
    This is not entirely true; Ticketmaster's fee is related to the ticket price. 

A $100 ticket, fee $10-20
    A $1000 tickets fee $100-200
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Of course it’s a scam. They “sell out” the venue then hold back a big chunk of tickets, trickling them out slowly and charging 2-4x the regular price. These prices adjust up and down to capture as much market value as possible based on their algorithm. 

How many tickets are unsold? The consumer doesn’t know as TM has no obligation to reveal this. Buyers see three tickets for $600, or 1 ticket for $1000 and assume that’s the remainder of supply and their last chance to get into the show. Thus TM can capture the market willing to pay more for tickets. Then TM can release another single ticket for $1000, and continue the cycle.

I think at the present moment there is a disconnect as consumers are 1) accustomed to ticket brokers opening all (95%+) available tickets up from the beginning and releasing some family and friends holds a day or two prior, and 2) static ticket prices for the tiers. Will be curious to see how consumers adjust, if it all. The other factor is fear of uncertainty - people prefer to have tickets in hand now and will clearly pay more for that assurance.

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 327
    edited January 2022
    Of course it’s a scam. They “sell out” the venue then hold back a big chunk of tickets, trickling them out slowly and charging 2-4x the regular price. These prices adjust up and down to capture as much market value as possible based on their algorithm. 

How many tickets are unsold? The consumer doesn’t know as TM has no obligation to reveal this. Buyers see three tickets for $600, or 1 ticket for $1000 and assume that’s the remainder of supply and their last chance to get into the show. Thus TM can capture the market willing to pay more for tickets. Then TM can release another single ticket for $1000, and continue the cycle.

I think at the present moment there is a disconnect as consumers are 1) accustomed to ticket brokers opening all (95%+) available tickets up from the beginning and releasing some family and friends holds a day or two prior, and 2) static ticket prices for the tiers. Will be curious to see how consumers adjust, if it all. The other factor is fear of uncertainty - people prefer to have tickets in hand now and will clearly pay more for that assurance.

Yep - it is a scam. They pretend like the "dynamic pricing" is based on actual supply and demand, while they manipulate the supply and withhold information to create demand. 

Advertising the face value ticket exchange and then waiting until just before the show to implement it is also a big scam. Ticketmaster wins again at gouging fans, but this time with an assist from Eddie Vedder and Ten Club (maybe not intentionally, but still the case). 
    Post edited by Human Tide on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,126
    Those row A tickets are just a handful of seats apart but were priced drastically differently via Platinum. Feels like fan to fan will go away in coming years so TM can hide these kinds of markups from potential buyers.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Anyone know if you have a pair of tickets and want to sell one on fan to fan face value and keep one if that is possible?  

• McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    Anyone know if you have a pair of tickets and want to sell one on fan to fan face value and keep one if that is possible?  
    yes you can sell one and keep one
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • pthomnpthomn Posts: 116

Yep - it is a scam. They pretend like the "dynamic pricing" is based on actual supply and demand, while they manipulate the supply and withhold information to create demand. 

Advertising the face value ticket exchange and then waiting until just before the show to implement it is also a big scam. Ticketmaster wins again at gouging fans, but this time with an assist from Eddie Vedder and Ten Club (maybe not intentionally, but still the case). 
    this is exactly how I feel, foolish and duped. I spent my money on a platinum ticket. $940 +100 in fees. With the past two years, Covid, the thought of seeing them in Beacon, getting shut out of fan club and verified fan tickets the panic set in when tickets were released. now I feel foolish for spending so much money on a ticket now seeing the going prices and duped by TM, EV and 10C. but my fault in the end. its not the end of the world, but it sure has put a sour taste in my mouth. I have def learned my lesson and I hope everyone here never buys platinum tickets again and just waits it out. 

expensive lesson learned

uglybabo said:
    Zod said:
    PB11041 said:

I wouldn't call it a scam.  TM earn's their $$ from the fees not from selling higher prices platinum tickets.    
    This is not entirely true; Ticketmaster's fee is related to the ticket price. 

A $100 ticket, fee $10-20
    A $1000 tickets fee $100-200
    ok, so it's mutually beneficial.   TM earns more, Promoter Earns more, and artist earns more.

I still don't feel like its scam, it's just annoying.   If that were a free market, a larger percentage than what went to platinum would of gone to scalpers.  They would of jacked up the prices. The extra fees would be earned by stubhub instead of TM, and both the Promoter/EV make less, and fans are no further ahead or behind.  Probably behind, because I imagine scalpers would of scooped up a lot of tickets in a free market environment.

That being said, the EV environment is unique in that it's almost impossible to sell tickets 2nd hand except at face value.   So on one end we've got platinum, and on the other artificially suppressing ticket prices.lol.

Any other band I think my argument is solid, because only EV does that?

• pthomn said:

this is exactly how I feel, foolish and duped. I spent my money on a platinum ticket. $940 +100 in fees. With the past two years, Covid, the thought of seeing them in Beacon, getting shut out of fan club and verified fan tickets the panic set in when tickets were released. now I feel foolish for spending so much money on a ticket now seeing the going prices and duped by TM, EV and 10C. but my fault in the end. its not the end of the world, but it sure has put a sour taste in my mouth. I have def learned my lesson and I hope everyone here never buys platinum tickets again and just waits it out. 

expensive lesson learned

Very sorry to hear this. The situation is infuriating. 
    pthomn said:

expensive lesson learned

This I do agree with.  Not in as bad a situation as you, only had to buy one pair for 550+fees (lucked out and got some face value nosebleeds for the other one).   I keep watching them put more and more tickets for lower prices about 5 or 6 rows closer than mine and $100 cheaper.

If I paid $900 for mediocre to nosebleed tickets, only to see that now that gets you 2nd row.  and far away seats are half the price... I'd be unhappy.

I fully understand why platinum exists and it makes sense as a business practice.  As fan not so much.  If something happened and I can't go, it's going to be really hard to sell my platinum pair, if they keep posting tickets 5 rows closer for $100 cheaper.

I hope it's not a sign of things to come.   Not entirely PJ related, but I was slowing down my concerts before covid.   All the big rock bands I like to go to were playing bigger venues for higher and higher prices, and platinums and all that stuff.   I started getting much more selective with what I decided to go to.

Its the concert withdraw from covid, that made me really want to go to these shows.

I understand why platinum exists, and that it does shift profits from scalpers to artists (and TM and promoter), but from a fan perspective it's disheartening, when it comes from our band (or a member of our band) that used to be against that kind of thing.