Eddie Vedder fan to fan face value marketplace?

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    I do like the idea of trying to keep tickets out of the hands of scalpers.  I'd also prefer that if a $200 ticket needs to be sold for $500 that it go to the musician not a scalper.

It seems like the 2020 tour was working fine with f2f being the only way to ditch fan club tickets. Other than absolutely preying on peoples OCD, and spending way too much time waiting for someone to ditch tickets.

I feel like this is more of an issue of the EV camp and TM not turning on F2F, and possibly leaning too much on platinum tickets.   Especially during a pandemic where people are a little more reluctant to go into public places.

We'd probably be complaining less if they had turned on f2f a week after the online, and if we weren't competing with a never-ending supply of platinum tickets.

Crossing my fingers that nothing goes bad with our planned seattle trip.  Got our boosters, made ferry reservations yesterday. Last step is to book a PCR covid test somewhere in Port Angeles shortly after we got off the ferry.

• jvasq481jvasq481 Posts: 2
    edited January 2022
    I have plans to be in Seattle for both shows. I have tix for N1 but hoping to secure two tix for N2. If anyone in Seattle area can't make it lmk! Thanks
    Post edited by jvasq481 on
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    what I don't understand is I was shut out of the lottery for LA, but there are tons of platinum tickets still for sale. And what is even more a bummer, after being shut out, I bought a set of tix, for $1K!, and now I could get lower level for half that. Also, I bought knowing there was going to be a fan 2 fan sale if I needed to sell, and now that's gone. So not too happy of the whole process. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    I think it is safe to say that this new ticket process for the EV/ Earthlings tour was a failure.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Every time I check Newark on TM there are more platinum seats available. Many of them the same seats, not selling. You would think they would lower the price and try and move them. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • pthomnpthomn Posts: 116
    its price gouging plain and simple. 

I bought two platinum tickets for Newark for $750 a piece on TM. I can't make the show so I got my refund. I saw the same tickets relisted on TM for $500 a piece after I returned them. why the $250 decrease in price? nothing changed. 

TM is the scalper. and they know on release day the price will be high. they don't care what happens after. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    bbiggs said:
    I think it is safe to say that this new ticket process for the EV/ Earthlings tour was a failure.
    Agreed.  This tour has bad vibes.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,815
    I mean, everyone has the Platinum tickets now a days.  I’m sure they will be there for all future PJ shows as well.

But don’t promise a Fan to Fan ticket exchange and then just not have one lol
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Agreed.  This tour has bad vibes.  
    It really does. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    I mean, everyone has the Platinum tickets now a days.  I’m sure they will be there for all future PJ shows as well.

But don’t promise a Fan to Fan ticket exchange and then just not have one lol
    This ^
    I
    Platinum is bullshit.  So what happens when these boat loads of tickets that TM is still holding don't sell?  How low do they go?  Below the face value prices that everyone paid initially?  As a buyer of tickets you can always assume that risk exists, but it has been from other third party scalpers (i.e. sellers on Stubhub) and not the same shit bag company that sold you the ticket to begin with.  This process reeks and waiting to open the Fan to Fan exchange until the 11th hour (if at all) is adding insult to injury.  Lesson learned.  I'll wait to buy tickets until the week of the show if this process is the new norm for Pearl Jam. 
    Where have we heard about the fan to fan officially? Did it come from Ticketmaster at any time or only from 10c?

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,815
    JimmyV said:
    Where have we heard about the fan to fan officially? Did it come from Ticketmaster at any time or only from 10c?

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    JimmyV said:

So it did come from TM. This is such a shady business tactic. I remain so relieved this tour skipped Boston. 

• ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    Do you think TM realizes there are cheaper tickets available on stubhub (at least for Chicago)?  I don't know if they have an algorithm, or just a human randomly making price changes.  But few likely to buy their "platinum" when cheaper alternatives exist.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

So it did come from TM. This is such a shady business tactic. I remain so relieved this tour skipped Boston. 
    Tenclub too

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Tenclub too

But if it came from TM at any time then it was at least at some point supposed to happen. I was considering that 10c had cut and pasted an old email for the announcement and missed an edit. It's happened before. 

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    edited January 2022
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Tenclub too

But if it came from TM at any time then it was at least at some point supposed to happen. I was considering that 10c had cut and pasted an old email for the announcement and missed an edit. It's happened before. 
    Been saying that same thing for weeks. Easily could have been a lazy cut and paste job from PJ announcement.
    Ten club could at a minimum address it.  If they fucked up, then admit it. Or at-least go back and edit your initial post.  It is still up on ten club and TM that it will open in early 2022.  Has anyone heard back from either party on this?  I know I have not. 
  • JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Tenclub too

Been saying that same thing for weeks. Easily could have been a lazy cut and paste job from PJ announcement.
    Respectfully disagree.  It goes hand in hand with non-transferability and was communicated both by TM and 10c, and furthermore there are the NY and IL exceptions.  At this point the only acceptable explanation would be a postponement and they didn’t want to create a new batch of transactions.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    ddeschler said:
    Do you think TM realizes there are cheaper tickets available on stubhub (at least for Chicago)?  I don't know if they have an algorithm, or just a human randomly making price changes.  But few likely to buy their "platinum" when cheaper alternatives exist.
    Guessing it’s a mix of them tracking frequency of people visiting the page to shop, data on locations (and quantity of tickets) that sell well, percentage of tickets in a section are sold out, etc. 

Last week they dropped a chunk of $525 Upper Box seats for both Chicago shows to $199. After they sold out a few days later it seems a few are back up again for $655.

I’m guessing any other random discounts to Platinum will happen this week and not the week before Chicago’s shows (when people are more likely to decide & buy last-second). Will be interesting to see if more tickets become available.
    The $950 (before fees!) tickets for Chicago are surreal to see. 

• I think there are going to be some fire sales on places like Chicago the day before. I bet you can get in for less than 1/2 of face.
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    The cheapest tickets on stubhub are already less than 1/2 of what they were right after verified fan sale.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    Just saw this on my timeline and thought maybe we had an announcement of sorts on the fan to fan.
    nope. Just some front tickets to be won. 
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    bbiggs said:
    Platinum is bullshit.  So what happens when these boat loads of tickets that TM is still holding don't sell?  How low do they go?  Below the face value prices that everyone paid initially?  As a buyer of tickets you can always assume that risk exists, but it has been from other third party scalpers (i.e. sellers on Stubhub) and not the same shit bag company that sold you the ticket to begin with.  This process reeks and waiting to open the Fan to Fan exchange until the 11th hour (if at all) is adding insult to injury.  Lesson learned.  I'll wait to buy tickets until the week of the show if this process is the new norm for Pearl Jam. 
    Ticketmaster won’t sell these tickets for nearly sold out shows for below face value. They could drop to face value online one day before or on the day of the concert. Otherwise they will just be added to the tickets sold at the box office on the day of the show.
    KL159781 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Ticketmaster won’t sell these tickets for nearly sold out shows for below face value. They could drop to face value online one day before or on the day of the concert. Otherwise they will just be added to the tickets sold at the box office on the day of the show.
    Good to know. This process still reeks though. 
  • MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 629
    You guys need to hold your ground.

don’t buy platinum tickets period.

The prices should drop closer to the dates. TM isn’t going to leave money out on the table when they realize no one’s is buying ridiculously over priced inflated tickets. 
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    has anyone emailed or received a response from 10c? as someone who wasn’t 100% committed to attending when tickets went on sale, i had planned to rely upon f2f exchange if able to attend, and now that i plan to attend, it’s extremely disappointing that f2f exchange has not launched
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • If I look at imagine dragons tickets at climate pledge they have both platinum and verified resale, which I assume is fan to fan.