Eddie Vedder fan to fan face value marketplace?

Does anyone know what's going on with the Eddie Vedder fan to fan marketplace?  I have LA tickets that I purchased not knowing 100% whether I would be able to attend the show, and I ONLY purchased them because it guaranteed at purchase that I would be able to resell them at face value. The tour starts in just over a week, and the fan to fan marketplace is still not available. I'm starting to get concerned...I would hate to chargeback the order with my credit card, as I have heard that Ticketmaster sometimes bans your entire account, but that might be what I have to do.

Comments

• You’re not the only one wondering about this.  There are a couple of theories out there but nothing has been communicated.  The theories are:  1) they’re holding off until making a final decision about rescheduling the tour due to Omicron; 2) they’re waiting to sell out platinum tickets before allowing fans to sell at face.  I agree with you that they are not living up to the terms of the original sale by delaying this exchange.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    edited January 2022
    You’re not the only one wondering about this.  There are a couple of theories out there but nothing has been communicated.  The theories are:  1) they’re holding off until making a final decision about rescheduling the tour due to Omicron; 2) they’re waiting to sell out platinum tickets before allowing fans to sell at face.  I agree with you that they are not living up to the terms of the original sale by delaying this exchange.  
    Given the fact that more Platinum tickets keep popping up (at least for Chicago shows) every few days, I'm guessing it's likely #1. I'd be curious how much of a mess it was to resolve all the F2F tickets when PJ postponed the 2020 tour
  • acjc1acjc1 Posts: 50
    I've been watching the platinum tix for NJ show. Amazing that by now, it seems like there have been hundreds of different seats up for sale. It's crazy how many. I'd be willing to say half the venue. Didn't this band hate Ticketmaster? 
  • I sent a complaint to Ticketmaster and copied Ten Club on it. TM should have been required to specify a particular date that the fan-to-fan would open. By leaving it undetermined and preventing fans from selling to other fans, they obscure the true ticket supply to gouge people with their "Platinum Tickets." It's basically the opposite of what fan-to-fan was supposed to achieve. There should have been full transparency about the ticketing process. I'd encourage anyone who is bothered by this to express their thoughts to Ticketmaster, and to ask Ten Club to advocate on behalf of fans for transparency next time. My guess is that Ten Club had good intentions and didn't know TM was going to do this. 

• I sent a complaint to Ticketmaster and copied Ten Club on it. TM should have been required to specify a particular date that the fan-to-fan would open. By leaving it undetermined and preventing fans from selling to other fans, they obscure the true ticket supply to gouge people with their "Platinum Tickets." It's basically the opposite of what fan-to-fan was supposed to achieve. There should have been full transparency about the ticketing process. I'd encourage anyone who is bothered by this to express their thoughts to Ticketmaster, and to ask Ten Club to advocate on behalf of fans for transparency next time. My guess is that Ten Club had good intentions and didn't know TM was going to do this. 

Ticketmaster screwing over the fans.....anyone else getting flashbacks to the 90's?
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    This is wild. EV + Earthlings mandate the non-transfer to prevent scalping and TM uses it to block secondary market sales so their platinum tickets can sell instead.

Sounds like Chicago and NY lawmakers made the right call.

I truly feel for people stuck with tickets, who can’t resell or even give them to someone else to go instead right now.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    This is wild. EV + Earthlings mandate the non-transfer to prevent scalping and TM uses it to block secondary market sales so their platinum tickets can sell instead.

Sounds like Chicago and NY lawmakers made the right call.

I truly feel for people stuck with tickets, who can’t resell or even give them to someone else to go instead right now.
    It really sucks for all parties. Those looking to sell and those looking to buy/arrange travel. Super shitty on TM and 10club for keeping everyone in the dark.  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • pthomnpthomn Posts: 116
    I have a platinum ticket for Beacon N2 that I can't use and I'm looking at taking a huge hit on price wise. the Platinum ticket system is a total price gouge on part of TM, the even organizers and artist. TM says reach out to event organizer and to search their contact info online!! who is it??? its all crazy
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    Wait, fan  to fan isn’t open because Ticketmaster wants to sell their platinum tickets first?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,815
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wait, fan  to fan isn’t open because Ticketmaster wants to sell their platinum tickets first?
    That’s the theory.  The tickets were advertised as being re-sellable on Fan to Fan, however it has yet to be opened up 10 days before the tour starts.

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • acjc1acjc1 Posts: 50
    How are there SO many premium seats? They dont put them all up at once, otherwise people will really go crazy, but seems like they must have half the venue - for NJ at least. Different full rows appear daily. 
    acjc1 said:
    How are there SO many premium seats? They dont put them all up at once, otherwise people will really go crazy, but seems like they must have half the venue - for NJ at least. Different full rows appear daily. 
    $$$
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    mcgruff10 said:
    That’s the theory.  The tickets were advertised as being re-sellable on Fan to Fan, however it has yet to be opened up 10 days before the tour starts.

Wow that’s really shitty if true.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • "Evolving" as an artist sure pays.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    There was some kyrptonite in all of this when the 2018 PJ tour tickets were sold and non-transferrable.  You could make a screenshot with your phone and use the screenshot to enter (the ticket staff don't check anything, they just scan the bar code).

Theoretically, unless it's evolved to a changing bar code system, you could sell and forward a screenshot, but obviously as a buyer, how much are you going to trust a screenshot?
    edited January 2022
    Its going to be a mess now that they waited this long.  

LA, for example, has many platinum seats at 155 a piece, which I believe is even less than original face value (someone fact check me please)

So at this point, even if they open Fan to Fan, some peoples tickets might not even sell since the Platinums can be listed cheaper than Fan to Fan since those can only be listed at face

And yeah, agree with everyone else questioning how many Platinum tickets were really held back.  Every time I go on, theres entire rows or tons more of them being added.
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 327
    edited January 2022
    Zod said:
    There was some kyrptonite in all of this when the 2018 PJ tour tickets were sold and non-transferrable.  You could make a screenshot with your phone and use the screenshot to enter (the ticket staff don't check anything, they just scan the bar code).

Theoretically, unless it's evolved to a changing bar code system, you could sell and forward a screenshot, but obviously as a buyer, how much are you going to trust a screenshot?
    The ticket announcement indicated they'll use the bar codes that refresh, so screenshots won't work. What's happening now seems to be a TM business decision to scalp as many tickets as possible before they allow the fan-to-fan exchanges. Again, I doubt Ten Club has anything to do with this. Based on the info in Ten Club's email about them monitoring the fan-to-fan sales for abuse, they seemed serious about keeping the ticketing process on the up and up. 
    Post edited by Human Tide on
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,210
    Glad I didn't win the lottery now. Sucks for those with tickets that can't go now. Hopefully there's a resolution soon. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Its going to be a mess now that they waited this long.  

LA, for example, has many platinum seats at 155 a piece, which I believe is even less than original face value (someone fact check me please)

So at this point, even if they open Fan to Fan, some peoples tickets might not even sell since the Platinums can be listed cheaper than Fan to Fan since those can only be listed at face

And yeah, agree with everyone else questioning how many Platinum tickets were really held back.  Every time I go on, theres entire rows or tons more of them being added.

I am pretty sure you can list tickets for a dollar if you want to. You can't list above face. That would explain the delay in opening the F2F. They don't want to be undercut. If you were forced to list at a higher price than TM why would they care when you list?
    edited January 2022

I am pretty sure you can list tickets for a dollar if you want to. You can't list above face. That would explain the delay in opening the F2F. They don't want to be undercut. If you were forced to list at a higher price than TM why would they care when you list?
    Maybe, although for the 2020 PJ Tour I am pretty sure you werent able to select a price, you just listed them and clicked the button to sell

And I think they care because every ticket, regardless of location, would be listed at Face.  So with how low demand is for a few of the shows, if people started listing excellent seats at 180 or 190 or whatever Face was, then those bad seats, even if dropped to 120-130 might not ever sell at all.

Ticketmaster has already collected on Fan to Fan seats.  They have yet to collect on Platinum seats.  
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
  • goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    This is what happens when you try to squeeze scalpers and re-sellers out. 

People who have tickets they want to move are forced to keep them and when you go to Ticketmaster now all you see is “platinum” tickets that are basically at re-seller prices when the actual value is much less and would be much easier to buy and re-sell tickets without all the restrictions.
  • Its going to be a mess now that they waited this long.  

Maybe, although for the 2020 PJ Tour I am pretty sure you werent able to select a price, you just listed them and clicked the button to sell

You might be right. I just read the fine print and it varies by show. Some shows only allow you list for face and no lower. Some can go lower. Says artist/promoters dictate the minimums.
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520

I think you’re correct. You can’t list them for less than you paid. 

I had tickets to a show once that had a resale option, and it wasn’t selling well. They put a code up for two for one and anyone using the reselling option could only list at full price. 

That’s why even if they open fan to fan, people who bought the tickets for $300+ will have trouble selling when there’s still seats for under $200. And international sellers are going to have even more trouble. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    I miss the days of good old fashioned scalpers. 
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 327
    edited January 2022
    goblues82 said:
    This is what happens when you try to squeeze scalpers and re-sellers out. 

People who have tickets they want to move are forced to keep them and when you go to Ticketmaster now all you see is “platinum” tickets that are basically at re-seller prices when the actual value is much less and would be much easier to buy and re-sell tickets without all the restrictions.
    I think the problem has a simple solution of either making the fan-to-fan exchange available shortly after the show goes on sale, or at least specifying a date when it will go live. The deliberate lack of information is what enables TM to sell the platinum tickets.

And to be fair, there is also the fundamental issue of TM holding on to seats in the first place. I don't know if the artist has any control over that, but it would be amazing if they could stop it. 
    Post edited by Human Tide on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    bbiggs said:
    Stub Hub was a great way to get tickets. I hate that PJ has eliminated that.  Makes it sooo much harder to get to more than 1 show on a tour unless you are going to out of way places. Impossible in the Northeast.
  • If anyone hears back from Ten Club, please do let us all know....
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    pjhawks said:
    bbiggs said:
    Stub Hub was a great way to get tickets. I hate that PJ has eliminated that.  Makes it sooo much harder to get to more than 1 show on a tour unless you are going to out of way places. Impossible in the Northeast.
    Yeah, I said it half joking, but I don't disagree.  This fan-to-fan exchange being in competition with TM's platinum tickets seems to be a mess.  Scalpers suck, but it ran smoother and easier that way.  And let's face it, the scalpers didn't get eliminated.  We're just dealing with one giant scalper now instead of several smaller ones.

• KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118

I don’t believe it’s possible to list for below face value, which is why I felt people could lose everything if they have to sell at the last minute. Concerts in general for the last 6 months have had people selling tickets way below face on Stubhub and other outlets. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    bbiggs said:
    And paper tickets! Can’t stop the transfer of hands with a physical ticket.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22