Eddie Vedder fan to fan face value marketplace?

Comments

• Just pulled up two platinum for LA just for fun and after login you get,

"To give fans the best chance to buy tickets at face value, the artist has requested tickets to this event be mobile only and restricted from transfer. If you purchase a ticket and can’t attend, you can list your ticket for sale at the price you paid on our Face Value Ticket Exchange starting early 2022. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange."

RandyM02
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    If I look at imagine dragons tickets at climate pledge they have both platinum and verified resale, which I assume is fan to fan.

Verified resale is people reselling their TM tickets, but no restrictions as to the price.  Fan2Fan feels like the same system, that pj coopted for the 2020 tour, where they can only be sold at face value, and TM can't collect additional fees (ie TM does it pro bono).   That's my take on it.    Usually when you sell through TM you need to jack up your price by 20% just to get your face value back.

• MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    This is new in the legend area for newark. That face vale exchange wasn’t always there
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
    Actually I think it’s open! My tickets now have the sell option available. I’m not selling so I don’t want to click it! 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Actually I think it’s open! My tickets now have the sell option available. I’m not selling so I don’t want to click it! 
    Nice! 
    If it is up I would recommend anyone selling to put them up asap. The first ones out will sell and once everyone catches wind its up you will be in the mix with a shit ton of other sales. 
    PJNB said:
    If it is up I would recommend anyone selling to put them up asap. The first ones out will sell and once everyone catches wind its up you will be in the mix with a shit ton of other sales. 
    Agree.  There is only one listed on there now. Single in the Second to last row of theater 
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i think it's fair to say that our collective nudging was the catalyst for the launch 
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,211
    About time they opened it up.  Good luck to those that are looking for tickets!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    McJuicy said:
    i think it's fair to say that our collective nudging was the catalyst for the launch 
    I think you're over-estimating how much they care about our collective nudging.  ;)  Glad they finally opened it though.

• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    question, so if I want to buy tickets from Fan 2 Fan, do they automatically show up as if they are regular tickets for sale on the general tickets for sale page, or is there a fan 2 fan page somewhere on ticketmasters website to buy strictly from another fan as opposed to a regular platinum seat? 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,774
    If I look at imagine dragons tickets at climate pledge they have both platinum and verified resale, which I assume is fan to fan.

Verified resale is not fan to fan
    I miss igotid88
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,211
    DEGBTI said:
    question, so if I want to buy tickets from Fan 2 Fan, do they automatically show up as if they are regular tickets for sale on the general tickets for sale page, or is there a fan 2 fan page somewhere on ticketmasters website to buy strictly from another fan as opposed to a regular platinum seat? 
    They'll show up on the regular TM page.  I saw some about an hour ago for the NJ show.  They didn't last long. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    I'm not looking to sell mine, but my sell button is greyed out for some reason.  Also, are folks already seeing their barcode for tix?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    Noload said:
    I'm not looking to sell mine, but my sell button is greyed out for some reason.  Also, are folks already seeing their barcode for tix?
    for which show?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
    McJuicy said:
    Noload said:
    for which show?
    Beacon 2
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    Noload said:
    If your tickets are for NYC or Chicago, those tickets are freely transferable by law. You should have the transfer button active if it’s NYC/Chi, which all the other cities on the tour will not. You can sell them on any marketplace, person-to-person, etc. 

As far as a barcode, on the Ticketmaster website in my order details it says my ticket will be available after 7:30pm, 3 days in advance of my show. On the app, there’s a countdown to when the ticket will be ready.
    kasedoug said:
    Noload said:
    If your tickets are for NYC or Chicago, those tickets are freely transferable by law. You should have the transfer button active if it’s NYC/Chi, which all the other cities on the tour will not. You can sell them on any marketplace, person-to-person, etc. 

As far as a barcode, on the Ticketmaster website in my order details it says my ticket will be available after 7:30pm, 3 days in advance of my show. On the app, there’s a countdown to when the ticket will be ready.
    Great..thanks!
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    DEGBTI said:
    They’ll be on the same page, and show up as pink dots.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    JojoRice said:
    DEGBTI said:
    They'll show up on the regular TM page.  I saw some about an hour ago for the NJ show.  They didn't last long. 
    got it, thank you!
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Alright!! So happy this is open for everyone!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    edited January 2022
    Damn, I feel for those who bought Platinum seats at 700-1k+ and now are trying to resell them.  Hopefully they can still make it if/when they don’t sell

Also - note to self - Another confirmation that demand for events of all sorts is down across the board.  Don’t spend the $$$ on Platinum tickets next month when PJ Tour gets rescheduled
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 629
    Damn, I feel for those who bought Platinum seats at 700-1k+ and now are trying to resell them.  Hopefully they can still make it if/when they don’t sell

Also - note to self - Another confirmation that demand for events of all sorts is down across the board.  Don’t spend the $$$ on Platinum tickets next month when PJ Tour gets rescheduled
    Just don’t spend money on platinum tickets period.
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    MUZIK said:

Just don’t spend money on platinum tickets period.
    Yep.  Or wait until they drop below original face value of the other tickets.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    Excellent to see this up, hoping to see some for Benaroya, been stalking to see if the platinum tix drop
  • RD81760RD81760 Posts: 127
    Will beacon tix be up, or was NY a no go? i dont remeber

RD81760 said:
    Will beacon tix be up, or was NY a no go? i dont remeber

No to NY and CHI due to state rules that force transfers to be available on all tickets
  • julieferjuliefer Posts: 395
    Excellent to see this up, hoping to see some for Benaroya, been stalking to see if the platinum tix drop
    It doesn't seem like the Seattle shows are on the fan exchange yet. I don't have the option on my tickets.
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    It’s awesome that the fan to fan is open, but what is happening with the LA tickets is pretty shitty. 

It looks like the lowest you can list face value rear orchestra tickets is $235. They were selling platinum rear orchestra tickets for $280 but as soon as fan to fan opens Ticketmaster drops them to $234. 

They were selling platinum balcony for $180. Lowest you can list on fan to fan is $152; so the platinum drops to $150. 

Can anyone who is trying to sell tell us if you can lower the asking price if they don’t sell?
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    juliefer said:
    It doesn't seem like the Seattle shows are on the fan exchange yet. I don't have the option on my tickets.
    And I have not seen the filter option for fan to fan at all while randomly checking throughout the day either, hopefully soon