Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,106
    I don’t understand people “shitting on” Backspacer but not Lightning Bolt. Backspacer is better. 
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,023
    KM73780 said:
    I don’t understand people “shitting on” Backspacer but not Lightning Bolt. Backspacer is better. 
    Just different opinions which is allowed. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,398
    KM73780 said:
    Disagree....my opinion of course and I like that you consider it better.

It is the lowest ranked album to me. LB not too far above but Infallible and Pendulum put it way over BS in my mind.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,054
    KM73780 said:
    I don’t understand people ”shitting on” Lightning Bolt by saying it is worse than Backspacer. Lightning Bolt is better. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    It's hard for me to rank my favorite albums but the bottom are BS/LB/Giga with Giga being above BS/LB

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited June 2023
    KM73780 said:
    I don’t understand people ”shitting on” Lightning Bolt by saying it is worse than Backspacer. Lightning Bolt is better. 
    My point was simply that @CROJAM95 said people shit on Backspacer and I don’t get that. I apologize for speaking out ever so slightly against a Pearl Jam album. 
    Post edited by KM73780 on
    KM73780 said:
    KM73780 said:
    My point was simply that @CROJAM95 said people shit on Backspacer and I don’t get that. I apologize for speaking out ever so slightly against a Pearl Jam album. 
    Do about an hour of hail Mary's and we're good

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    edited June 2023
    I think BS and LB are the bottom 2 albums. 
    Something has to be!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • incognitonyincognitony Posts: 149
    Backspacer is my favorite of the 21st century albums as a whole. It has several songs that get stuck in my head. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    KM73780 said:
    KM73780 said:
    If Backspacer is your worst album, and it has crowd favorites ( poppy, yes) like Got Some, Fixer, Just Breathe, Amongst the Waves, Unthought Known, Force of Nature...Your a pretty damn good band thats fighting against your own MEGA legacy

enough said....something will always be labeled " best", " worst" ....human nature to put everything in a box

it was a fun tour and the songs i mentioned always have a nice crowd reaction
    People listing The Fixer
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited June 2023
    People listing The Fixer
    Great song 
    Post edited by KM73780 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    Take with a grain of salt. Would also appreciate if this doesn’t get posted outside here. If it does, it will be the end of me posting info. #deadserious

from someone (not me) who has heard the album, they say it has vs. vibes. Now everyone might have a different definition of vs. vibes but that is what I was told. Recorded songs are old style pj. Album is finished but again, definition of finished can change from person to person
    wow. awesome. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

KM73780 said:
    People listing The Fixer
    Great song 
    No need to troll. No need. Cameron C trolled enough for the rest of eternity with the music video. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 883
    edited June 2023
    I will never understand the hate for Backspacer.  Easily the most accessible album with actual melodies and hooks over the past 15 years.  I can crank the first 8 songs and not have to skip one.  Can't say that about many of the other albums over the same time period.  Plus, Unthought Known always brings the live show up a notch.   
    vedpunk said:
    I will never understand the hate for Backspacer.  Easily the most accessible album with actual melodies and hooks over the past 15 years.  I can crank the first 8 songs and not have to skip one.  Can't say that about many of the other albums over the same time period.  Plus, Unthought Known always brings the live show up a notch.   
    💯 
    People listing The Fixer
    It’s light & fun

just like you cupcake 
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    KM73780 said:
    KM73780 said:
    Do about an hour of hail Mary's and we're good

You mean an hour of Hail, Hail's and Crazy Mary's
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    Co-sign The Fixer being great. 
  • CROJAM95 said:
    KM73780 said:
    KM73780 said:
    If Backspacer is your worst album, and it has crowd favorites ( poppy, yes) like Got Some, Fixer, Just Breathe, Amongst the Waves, Unthought Known, Force of Nature...Your a pretty damn good band thats fighting against your own MEGA legacy

enough said....something will always be labeled " best", " worst" ....human nature to put everything in a box

Don’t forget Gonna See My Friend. That song doesn’t get the love it deserves. 
    CROJAM95 said:
    KM73780 said:
    KM73780 said:

I love that one
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited June 2023
    ^ I think they are all good
    the ones I rolled off are the obvious ones

hell Johnny guitar is a guilty pleasure

supersonic & speed of sound are my bottom 2

the end is too heavy for me, as the lyrics remind me of my dad who lost his battle w/ cancer in 2007 @ only 55 years old… this being the 1st album after it…. The part

It's my fault now
    Having caught a sickness in my bones
    How it pains to leave you here
    With the kids on your own
    Just don't let me go

eats me up…. Sums up the hardest few years gone thru
  • DM282158DM282158 Posts: 541
    CROJAM95 said:
    KM73780 said:
    KM73780 said:

I love that one
    One of my all time favorite PJ tracks. Banger of a song to kick off an album 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
    edited June 2023
    Never liked the harsh production nor Eddies "having a bad cold" singing on Backspacer. Always reminding me of listening to early days overly compressed MP3s. Also the cover artwork with that style and the digital coloring, I found to be very bad. 

I do find Gonna See My Friend, Got Some, Unthought Known and Force of Nature to be great songs though. I guess you can throw in Just Breathe too.

Never liked the harsh production nor Eddies "having a bad cold" singing on Backspacer. Always reminding me of listening to early days overly compressed MP3s. Also the cover artwork with that style and the digital coloring, I found to be very bad. 

I do find Gonna See My Friend, Got Some, Unthought Known and Force of Nature to be great songs though. I guess you can throw in Just Breathe too.

Just breathe??? Oh my
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

CROJAM95 said:
    ^ I think they are all good
    the ones I rolled off are the obvious ones

hell Johnny guitar is a guilty pleasure

supersonic & speed of sound are my bottom 2

the end is too heavy for me, as the lyrics remind me of my dad who lost his battle w/ cancer in 2007 @ only 55 years old… this being the 1st album after it…. The part

It's my fault now
    Having caught a sickness in my bones
    How it pains to leave you here
    With the kids on your own
    Just don't let me go

eats me up…. Sums up the hardest few years gone thru
    I hear you there, that's awfully sad and so very young.  It's a very sad song.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    edited June 2023
    It could be that people are shitting on a German pressing of the album which is generally considered complimentary 
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 164
    Man, I love both these albums, and I wish they would play more songs off them all the time, including Johnny guitar, including sirens, including getaway, including my father’s son including force of nature I think they all are great live and kick ass. I’ve said it before I wish they do a tour where they do 90% of the songs from binaural to present maybe three or four old ones.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453
    Take with a grain of salt. Would also appreciate if this doesn’t get posted outside here. If it does, it will be the end of me posting info. #deadserious

from someone (not me) who has heard the album, they say it has vs. vibes. Now everyone might have a different definition of vs. vibes but that is what I was told. Recorded songs are old style pj. Album is finished but again, definition of finished can change from person to person
    As much as would love this to be true, they just aren’t that band anymore. Ed’s voice is different now, Matt has a very different vibe to the old school PJ sound. They’ve evolved over the decades - 2023 PJ couldn’t write Ten, just like 1991 PJ couldn’t have written Gigaton. 

For the record, I love both and I’ll be very happy to be proved wrong!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,868
    Article I just read says Andrew Watt is a fan club member with over 50 shows under his belt. Does he post here?
    Hi