Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    Remember when Eddie and his pals took over 500 SEK ($50) for his album in swedish record stores. A step up from everyone else releasing albums at the same time. Good times.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    Listened to Earthling now again. I don't have much problems with the songs (some lyrics choices aside)... but the production feels so radio friendly/easy listening... and like shallow pastiches of other songs and genres... 

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    Invincible ("we're invincible when we love"... my god)
    On My Way

BAD
    Take the Long way (The Office)
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 919
    Listened to Earthling now again. I don't have much problems with the songs (some lyrics choices aside)... but the production feels so radio friendly/easy listening... and like shallow pastiches of other songs and genres... 

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

Mrs Mills is one of my favorite songs on the record
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

I would have to disagree with you on Picture. That song is cringey. 
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

Picture should have its own category: 'Songs That Make Me Want To Set Fire To My Ears'
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture
    Try
    Invincible
    On My Way
    Take the Long way
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills
    I miss igotid88
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    Picture is awful.   I absolutely love on my way.  so cool how they combined Ed and his dad.  
    Brother in the cloud is good. The rest are meh.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,982
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

Picture should have its own category: 'Songs That Make Me Want To Set Fire To My Ears'
    Is it being too honest if I’ve always felt that way about Unthought Known? 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Picture is Ed cutting loose w/ over the top Elton… in Elton’s realm if you will 🤣

Fallout today may be my favorite 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,546
    Earthling, as it should be:

On My Way
    Drive (from 'Flag Day' stk.)
    The Long Way ft. Benmont Tench
    Invincible 
    Brother The Cloud
    I'll Be Waiting (from 'Flag Day' stk.)
    The Dark
    Fallout Today
    Tender Mercies (from 'Flag Day' stk.)
    Rose of Jericho 
    Try ft. Stevie Wonder
    Mrs. Mills
    My Father's Daughter - Olivia Vedder ft. Eddie Vedder (from 'Flag Day' stk.)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,546
    Go Animal said:
    Earthling, as it should be:

On My Way
    Drive (from 'Flag Day' stk.)
    The Long Way ft. Benmont Tench
    Invincible 
    Brother The Cloud
    I'll Be Waiting (from 'Flag Day' stk.)
    The Dark
    Fallout Today
    Tender Mercies (from 'Flag Day' stk.)
    Rose of Jericho 
    Try ft. Stevie Wonder
    Mrs. Mills
    My Father's Daughter - Olivia Vedder ft. Eddie Vedder (from 'Flag Day' stk.)
    45's
    Picture as the b-side for Try (Stevie rules)
    Good and Evil as the b-side for BtC
    Power of Right as the b-side for Invincible 
    The Haves as is, b-side for The Long Way
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,716
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

Not really.  I think the song is fine on the scale of songs the band has put out over the last 15 years, but it's not one I'm ever super stoked about hearing. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

I agree 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

Not really.  I think the song is fine on the scale of songs the band has put out over the last 15 years, but it's not one I'm ever super stoked about hearing. 
    The music is mediocre at best, but when Ed starts singing about “gems and rhinestones” I just can’t do it. So cringey. 

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,040
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

The music is mediocre at best, but when Ed starts singing about “gems and rhinestones” I just can’t do it. So cringey. 
    The echo victor killed me on invincible ---- ruins a fine track . Cringe
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    edited June 2023
    Crazy for me to say, but if a new Pearl Jam album dropped today I don't know that I'd rush to download it.  Half of Gigaton was great but the bad half sours the album for me.
    Crazy for me to say, but if a new Pearl Jam album dropped today I don't know that I'd rush to download it.  Half of Gigaton was great but the bad half sours the album for me.
    It’s funny, I totally agree with you that only half the album is great. But after Backspacer and LB my impression is that it’s excellent. Those first four songs are excellent and made a really good lasting impression. 

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    I like Gigaton, but I feel disconnected from it. Have only gotten to hear a few songs live. The band has played so few shows since it was released, and last year the focus was not on Gigaton other than at the Apollo. Still time for it to grow on me. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 721
    My feelings on Gigaton are complicated. I’m a hospital employee so when it dropped I was driving down empty streets to a stressful job while everyone else was locked down, and it was great to have new PJ to help through it all which probably made me overrate it then. Now, 3+ years later it’s a reminder of all that which makes me probably underrate it. So I can’t really give it an objective take either way. It’s tied to a specific moment (and not a great one) more so than anything else they’ve done through no fault of the band or the record. I think it’s well done, and I appreciate a 30 year old band doing things they’d never tried on the 11th album. 

Also doesn’t help that they didn’t come anywhere near me on the tour (or since ‘13)
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,852
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

You sound like a Kardashian. 
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

I have no idea what that means
    JimmyV said:
    I like Gigaton, but I feel disconnected from it. Have only gotten to hear a few songs live. The band has played so few shows since it was released, and last year the focus was not on Gigaton other than at the Apollo. Still time for it to grow on me. 
    this is bang on, and to be honest the songs I did hear live where fantastic live too
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    Retrograde is the best live song from Gigaton imo. Lots of the songs on the album are a bit too long and too many words crammed together for my taste. 
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,852
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

It wasn’t a compliment. Hope that helps. 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,532
    Pearl Jam came up on the Spotify Release Radar today and I thought we got a surprise single. Its just a new version of Come Back (live)
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

It wasn’t a compliment. Hope that helps. 
    yeah, not really
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

100%
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

he thinks anyone who criticizes anything PJ does is a "hater" and he takes it personally like he wrote the songs. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

he thinks anyone who criticizes anything PJ does is a "hater" and he takes it personally like he wrote the songs. 
    ah gotcha. Thats cool. 

funny thing is the track is the best on the album for me too. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,076
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

This is about how I feel about the song, but I think I’d probably like it a lot more and be more stoked to hear it if they didn’t play it so dang much. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024