Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,404
    goldrush said:
    Listened to Earthling now again. I don't have much problems with the songs (some lyrics choices aside)... but the production feels so radio friendly/easy listening... and like shallow pastiches of other songs and genres... 

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    Invincible ("we're invincible when we love"... my god)
    On My Way

BAD
    Take the Long way (The Office)
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

Picture should have its own category: 'Songs That Make Me Want To Set Fire To My Ears'
    or "Songs to jump off the roof to"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,853
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:
    Listened to Earthling now again. I don't have much problems with the songs (some lyrics choices aside)... but the production feels so radio friendly/easy listening... and like shallow pastiches of other songs and genres... 

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

Picture should have its own category: 'Songs That Make Me Want To Set Fire To My Ears'
    Is it being too honest if I’ve always felt that way about Unthought Known? 
    Not really.  I think the song is fine on the scale of songs the band has put out over the last 15 years, but it's not one I'm ever super stoked about hearing. 
    The music is mediocre at best, but when Ed starts singing about “gems and rhinestones” I just can’t do it. So cringey. 
    The echo victor killed me on invincible ---- ruins a fine track . Cringe
    You sound like a Kardashian. 
    I have no idea what that means
    he thinks anyone who criticizes anything PJ does is a "hater" and he takes it personally like he wrote the songs. 
    Wrong. Not even close. The Kardashians , with their limited vocabulary, use the word “Cringe” all the time. Especially Kourtney.  And just for clarification, I didn’t write the song. I actually haven’t written any of their songs. Just a listener. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,281
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

Not really.  I think the song is fine on the scale of songs the band has put out over the last 15 years, but it's not one I'm ever super stoked about hearing. 
    The music is mediocre at best, but when Ed starts singing about “gems and rhinestones” I just can’t do it. So cringey. 
    Ignore this person. They/him/her cannot fathom how anyone can have anything other than a positive opinion about anything EV/PJ related. 
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

he thinks anyone who criticizes anything PJ does is a "hater" and he takes it personally like he wrote the songs. 
    Wrong. Not even close. The Kardashians , with their limited vocabulary, use the word “Cringe” all the time. Especially Kourtney.  And just for clarification, I didn’t write the song. I actually haven’t written any of their songs. Just a listener. 
    Not wrong. Anytime someone critiques anything this band does you pop up to complain about someone’s opinion about art. While being a kardashian fan ? 
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,003
    Please see the Posting Guidelines. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.
    If you cannot get along with someone please add them to your ignore list. Thank you

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    Do the Kardashians say cringe a lot? I guess if they do and one watches that show a lot that might be your first connection.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Kardashians are really smart, so is Trump

its the followers that are........
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    People are willing to shell out Billions to float lifestyles and legal defenses.....the way of the future  =)

the ultimate GO FUND ME, GO FUCK YOURSELF  =)
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,853
    nicknyr15 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

Not wrong. Anytime someone critiques anything this band does you pop up to complain about someone’s opinion about art. While being a kardashian fan ? 
    Never said I was a fan. Just making a thought about the Kourtneys on here. That’s all. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    goldrush said:

Anyways:

GOOD
    Power of Right
    Brother in the Cloud
    Fallout today
    The Dark
    Picture
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho
    Picture

EXISTING
    On My Way

BAD
    The Haves
    Mrs Mills

Never said I was a fan. Just making a thought about the Kourtneys on here. That’s all. 
    Only a fan would know how they speak. But ok… enjoy your weekend. 
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,003
    Second warning. Please stop derailing topic integrity with this personal argument. If you cannot get along with someone please add them to your ignore list. Thank you

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    Looking forward to hearing the interview. Onwards and upwards for this thread. Let’s hope in the coming weeks and months we have something concrete to talk about and speculate on. Peace and love everyone. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    Every tidbit from the band is a milestone towards the album dropping. Cool.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,906
    Looking forward to hearing the interview. Onwards and upwards for this thread. Let’s hope in the coming weeks and months we have something concrete to talk about and speculate on. Peace and love everyone. 

Me too. 

https://www.spin.com/2023/06/3rd-secret-new-album/

2nd 3rd Secret arrives as Pearl Jam continues work on its next studio album with producer Andrew Watt, which is expected to be released in 2024. The group will return to the road for a short fall tour beginning Aug. 31 in St. Paul, Mn.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    What did Jeff say in the interview about the new album?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    Won't know until 6/30 when it airs.

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,866
    Vedd Hedd said:
    It will be a verbal salad mix of:
    Really excited about it.
    Not sure when it's coming out.
    Fans old and new will be pleased.
    No where near finished but working on it.
    No definite timeline yet.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589

Vedd Hedd said:
    Really excited about it.
    Ah gotcha. 

Yeah, I hope we get something a bit more substantial. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,866
    Vedd Hedd said:

Vedd Hedd said:
    Really excited about it.
    Ah gotcha. 

Yeah, I hope we get something a bit more substantial. 
    I'm sure we will get plenty of details on skateparks though.  News that's kept us all glued to our keyboards.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 721
    edited June 2023
    The interview drops the same day as the Deaf Charlie record, that’s what he’s there to promote. He’ll give polite answers to PJ questions but he’s not there to give breaking news about the band, he’s there to hype his side project (and very possibly the skatepark 
     stuff)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    I think with most of us being fans since the 90s/early aughts, we know we have never gotten definitive answers/timelines on recording/releases in interviews. It’s funny how we get Charlie Brown football’d with every band member interview 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,906
    kmcmanus said:
    The interview drops the same day as the Deaf Charlie record, that’s what he’s there to promote. He’ll give polite answers to PJ questions but he’s not there to give breaking news about the band, he’s there to hype his side project (and very possibly the skatepark 
     stuff)

Yep.

Stone also did an interview over at https://www.axs.tv/channel/featured/video/power-hour-krist-novoselic-nirvana/ few days back. 

We need Mike & Ed interviews
  • pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 471
    edited June 2023
    demetrios said:
    So here's the skinny.  Not all the songs are finished and there still might be more that need to be recorded.  Jeff isn't sure it is enough to be an album yet, although he is enjoying the creative direction the band has taken the past year and half.
    I don't think Stone misspoke when he said they are getting close to the finish line with all the work that has been completed.  But Jeff's assertion that recording will take longer is also correct since the band is taking the summer off.
    He hopes the album will come out next year (no surprise) and they penciled in some shows, especially in places they haven't been to in awhile.  
    It is also great to hear Jeff's passion for Pearl Jam.  I liked his idea of each member writing the top 10 things they would like to see Pearl Jam accomplish before they are done, whether types of songs they could write or different venues to play.
    Post edited by pleatherman on
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 919
    demetrios said:
    So here's the skinny.  Not all the songs are finished and there still might be more that need to be recorded.  Jeff isn't sure it is enough to be an album yet, although he is enjoying the creative direction the band has taken the past year and half.
    I don't think Stone misspoke when he said they are getting close to the finish line with all the work that has been completed.  But Jeff's assertion that recording will take longer is also correct since the band is taking the summer off.
    He hopes the album will come out next year (no surprise) and they penciled in some shows, especially in places they haven't been to in awhile.  
    It is also great to hear Jeff's passion for Pearl Jam.  I liked his idea of each member writing the top 10 things they would like to see Pearl Jam accomplish before they are done, whether types of songs they could write or different venues to play.
    That last part about them writing a top 10 list is super intriguing. I love that. The fact they still have goals as a band is cool to me. 
    Man just once I would like to see them play a full show in a small room
    Pull together a club tour. Charge ticket prices out the ass. Give a bunch to charity if you must. Help me to give you a bunch of my money.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,040
    Sounds like we have a lot to look forward to. When a band has members all approaching 60 it can be a little concerning that they might pull an 'REM' suddenly but its great to gear there is a still a passion to keep going into the future. There is still not a single band out there to touch the PJ Live show experience for me. 

I was very taken in by the latest Rancid record, its an absolute beauty, but i watched them come through Europe this month and every setlist was identical, with only one track from the new album played each night. Then it struck me, that this isnt exactly unusual. I would expect the foo fighters to play largely the same shows next summer in the Uk - even over two nights in the same spot. Long may our band continue. 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,546
    pdalowsky said:
    Sounds like we have a lot to look forward to. When a band has members all approaching 60 it can be a little concerning that they might pull an 'REM' suddenly but its great to gear there is a still a passion to keep going into the future. There is still not a single band out there to touch the PJ Live show experience for me. 

I was very taken in by the latest Rancid record, its an absolute beauty, but i watched them come through Europe this month and every setlist was identical, with only one track from the new album played each night. Then it struck me, that this isnt exactly unusual. I would expect the foo fighters to play largely the same shows next summer in the Uk - even over two nights in the same spot. Long may our band continue. 
    🙌
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!