Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    are these collapsing athletes happening more often, or just now being reported more?
    The one million question..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    TJ25487 said:

A mother in Draper, Utah broke her silence and revealed that her healthy son developed blood clots in his brain nine days after receiving the experimental mRNA Covid vaccine. Nearly a year later, another blood clot formed in his right leg and moved to his lungs.

Cherie Romney revealed that her son, Everest, was taken to the ICU with blood clots in his brain back in April 2021, 9 days after receiving the COVID vaccine. Medical records state that the blood clots were an “adverse reaction to the vaccine.”

Everest stands 6’9″ and was a basketball player prior to the incident.

“You all know someone this happened to (my son) It’s not as rare as people think. It is true [and] it is not misinformation. Happy to share his medical records with anyone who wants to see for themselves,” Mrs. Romney wrote.

“[The vaccine] has altered his life path forever. He is lucky to be alive today but his life will never be the same. In 2021, everyone who talked about this had their social media pages frozen. We need truth in reporting these events. It is not rare & it happened to us,” she continued.

Mrs. Romney said that if she had listened and followed the doctors’ advice, her son “would not be alive today.”

“If I had kept quiet and listened to the [doctors] at first, Everest would not be alive today. While they admit now that they were wrong in the beginning, the resistance to even checking him for the blood clots was immense. Had we not persevered against them, there would be a very different ending to this story,” she said.

On Tuesday, January 3, 2023, Mrs. Romney gave an update about Everest.

She said that Everest had developed another blood clot in a deep vein in his right leg, and doctors had confirmed that his heart was still damaged due to the vaccine.

“Just left the Emergency Room TODAY. Everest has another blood clot, a deep vein in his right leg & they have confirmed his heart is still damaged. Referral to a cardiologist – more to come about his heart as it seems the damage from the inflammation may be permanent. Never mind the [effects] of the traumatic brain injury he still deals with on a daily basis,” Mrs. Romney wrote.

Mrs. Romney went on to blame the mRNA Covid vaccine and the Biden administration for suppressing information about the vaccine’s risks.

“Thanks Covid vaccine, thanks to the US government. My former 6’9” basketball player is no longer a basketball player and he is back on blood thinners starting tonight. So glad I was doing “the right thing” and protecting him from Covid, bummer that the lies about that have altered his life forever and almost killed him. Covid never even made him sick,” she said.

Mrs. Romney gave another sad update. She said Everest’s deep vein thrombosis had moved to his lungs.

“He is at St Mark’s Hospital tonight, with multiple pulmonary emboli. Tomorrow – hematologist & cardiologist. Hopefully home soon,” Mrs. Romney wrote.

According to Mrs. Romney, doctors don’t know how to stop the effects caused by the vaccine.

“We know the cause, it’s just that the Covid vaccine is such an unknown that the [doctors] don’t know how to stop the [effects] once they’ve put everything in motion. It’s more about managing the symptoms because the damage can’t be undone,” she responded in one of her posts.

I'm not sure what to make of this, and am curious to see what responses will be. Something not mentioned in this second article (the first having been posted around a year and a half ago when the first incident occurred) is that both her husband and son developed blood clots. I wonder if there's a genetic predisposition in there that could/should be studied more?

In any case - medication doesn't come without side effects for all people. That's not news. The more important question is, are there liberties and compromises being taken with the release of this treatment, compared to the release of other treatments, at the expense of humans, beyond what is typically done to cure ailments?

Source: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/mother-blames-covid-vaccine-government-son-develops-blood-clots-brain-9-days-following-vaccine-son-now-develops-blood-clots-damage-heart/

Original: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9695451/Utah-mom-blames-COVID-vaccines-son-husband-hospitalized-blood-clots.html

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    edited January 2023
    benjs said:
    TJ25487 said:

A mother in Draper, Utah broke her silence and revealed that her healthy son developed blood clots in his brain nine days after receiving the experimental mRNA Covid vaccine. Nearly a year later, another blood clot formed in his right leg and moved to his lungs.

Cherie Romney revealed that her son, Everest, was taken to the ICU with blood clots in his brain back in April 2021, 9 days after receiving the COVID vaccine. Medical records state that the blood clots were an “adverse reaction to the vaccine.”

“You all know someone this happened to (my son) It’s not as rare as people think. It is true [and] it is not misinformation. Happy to share his medical records with anyone who wants to see for themselves,” Mrs. Romney wrote.

“[The vaccine] has altered his life path forever. He is lucky to be alive today but his life will never be the same. In 2021, everyone who talked about this had their social media pages frozen. We need truth in reporting these events. It is not rare & it happened to us,” she continued.

Mrs. Romney said that if she had listened and followed the doctors’ advice, her son “would not be alive today.”

“If I had kept quiet and listened to the [doctors] at first, Everest would not be alive today. While they admit now that they were wrong in the beginning, the resistance to even checking him for the blood clots was immense. Had we not persevered against them, there would be a very different ending to this story,” she said.

She said that Everest had developed another blood clot in a deep vein in his right leg, and doctors had confirmed that his heart was still damaged due to the vaccine.

“Just left the Emergency Room TODAY. Everest has another blood clot, a deep vein in his right leg & they have confirmed his heart is still damaged. Referral to a cardiologist – more to come about his heart as it seems the damage from the inflammation may be permanent. Never mind the [effects] of the traumatic brain injury he still deals with on a daily basis,” Mrs. Romney wrote.

Mrs. Romney went on to blame the mRNA Covid vaccine and the Biden administration for suppressing information about the vaccine’s risks.

“Thanks Covid vaccine, thanks to the US government. My former 6’9” basketball player is no longer a basketball player and he is back on blood thinners starting tonight. So glad I was doing “the right thing” and protecting him from Covid, bummer that the lies about that have altered his life forever and almost killed him. Covid never even made him sick,” she said.

Mrs. Romney gave another sad update. She said Everest’s deep vein thrombosis had moved to his lungs.

“He is at St Mark’s Hospital tonight, with multiple pulmonary emboli. Tomorrow – hematologist & cardiologist. Hopefully home soon,” Mrs. Romney wrote.

According to Mrs. Romney, doctors don’t know how to stop the effects caused by the vaccine.

“We know the cause, it’s just that the Covid vaccine is such an unknown that the [doctors] don’t know how to stop the [effects] once they’ve put everything in motion. It’s more about managing the symptoms because the damage can’t be undone,” she responded in one of her posts.

I'm not sure what to make of this, and am curious to see what responses will be. Something not mentioned in this second article (the first having been posted around a year and a half ago when the first incident occurred) is that both her husband and son developed blood clots. I wonder if there's a genetic predisposition in there that could/should be studied more?

In any case - medication doesn't come without side effects for all people. That's not news. The more important question is, are there liberties and compromises being taken with the release of this treatment, compared to the release of other treatments, at the expense of humans, beyond what is typically done to cure ailments?

Source: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/mother-blames-covid-vaccine-government-son-develops-blood-clots-brain-9-days-following-vaccine-son-now-develops-blood-clots-damage-heart/

Original: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9695451/Utah-mom-blames-COVID-vaccines-son-husband-hospitalized-blood-clots.html

I did a brief google search & found the headline about the husband curious too... no mention of that since what... June of '21?

I also can't find any articles quoting anyone other than the mother. (except one interviewing the son from his hospital bed) 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    edited January 2023
    benjs said:
    TJ25487 said:

Difference is this was forced upon people with the threat of losing your job and relentless public humiliation. Medicine isn’t. Anyone who had any legitimate hesitancy towards the vaccine were automatically grouped into the conspiracy theory crowd and treated as so. Which is bullshit imo. 

I am pro vaccination but was against mandates for private businesses here in nyc. Just my opinion. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    edited January 2023
    23scidoo said:
    are these collapsing athletes happening more often, or just now being reported more?
    The one million question..
    Could this be one?  https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/air-force-offensive-lineman-hunter-brown-21-dies-after-suffering-medical-emergency/

Of course, just reading this, we don't know what happened. And it's seemingly impossible to get reliable news on just about anything.

Here's what I know: Vaccine injuries are a thing. Some people were forced (or essentially forced with their livelihoods on the line) to take the shot.

Here's what I think: The risks were underplayed and therefore poorly understood. Probably a combination of greedy big pharma, politicians in big pharma's pocket, media that was 1) duped by them and 2) scarred to be viewed as fearmongers, a well-meaning societal fervor leading to a bit of hastiness, and maybe even backlash to the anti-vaxxers.

The existence of the vaccinations is good. I really believe that. But too many people went (or were forced) into it without a good understanding of the risks. That said, I think a lot of folks also didn't understand the risks of actually getting covid and favored a bigger risk over a smaller risk. But they needed to be able to make that choice, good or bad, on their own and some weren't. I cannot really blame someone who never wanted to get it and then had their quality of life compromised (or a family member die) after being forced for being really upset and lashing out.

In this day and age, correct/good/accurate/honest information is harder to come by than ever but we were duped. Myself included...sure, maybe I could have looked harder into it, but when all I hear is "It's going to kill you" and "they're safe" I chose to trust the less fear-mongering people and those that seemed (and maybe even were) less politically motivated. But there should have been a lot more "they're generally safe, but..." from them.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    nicknyr15 said:
    benjs said:
    TJ25487 said:

Difference is this was forced upon people with the threat of losing your job and relentless public humiliation. Medicine isn’t. Anyone who had any legitimate hesitancy towards the vaccine were automatically grouped into the conspiracy theory crowd and treated as so. Which is bullshit imo. 

I am pro vaccination but was against mandates for private businesses here in nyc. Just my opinion. 
    I also think the people who didn’t get vaxxed in a lot of cases played up the blowback they experienced. If it wasn’t required for a job then that’s not an issue. There was widespread acceptance of the requirement to show a negative test to get into an event and they weren’t abused because of it.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    benjs said:
    TJ25487 said:

I also think the people who didn’t get vaxxed in a lot of cases played up the blowback they experienced. If it wasn’t required for a job then that’s not an issue. There was widespread acceptance of the requirement to show a negative test to get into an event and they weren’t abused because of it.  
    This is an assumption. There’s no way to ever know. Just like there’s no way to know how many people lied about being vaccinated, how many people paid for fake vaccine cards….. there no way to know. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    benjs said:
    TJ25487 said:

This is an assumption. There’s no way to ever know. Just like there’s no way to know how many people lied about being vaccinated, how many people paid for fake vaccine cards….. there no way to know. 
    It’s an observation of reality vs social media generated outrage. Remember a lot if the unvaccinated are conservatives, and they love to play like they’re victims. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    benjs said:
    TJ25487 said:

It’s an observation of reality vs social media generated outrage. Remember a lot if the unvaccinated are conservatives, and they love to play like they’re victims. 
    Ok. An observation of reality? According to you? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    benjs said:
    TJ25487 said:

Ok. An observation of reality? According to you? 
    Yes according to me. That’s implied in what I’m saying. I went to multiple events and shows with thousands of people and the unvaxxed weren’t segregated in the corner and pelted with rocks and garbage. And of course many others had the same experience as me. I saw people leave jobs/get let go because of vaccine requirements (or work from home requirements if not vaxxed) and no one gave them a hard time. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,626
    edited January 2023
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Why are you so desperately looking for a reason to make it another reason . Just look at the  actual people  speaking their truth  and have  a heart.. have compassion 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Many people have had an awful experience because of the vaccine  its  just truth 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Also i understand and know many that died of covid. Its s lose  lose
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Why are you so desperately looking for a reason to make it another reason . Just look at the  actual people  speaking their truth  and have  a heart.. have compassion 
    I’m not sure what you mean. I’m referring to actual unvaxxed who have spoken and said they didn’t get a hard time. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652

Many people have had an awful experience because of the vaccine  its  just truth 
    People lie. People have been lying all along about this, from all angles / sides. 

You can't complain about people not being able to ask questions and then complain that questions are being asked & people aren't being taken at face value.

& Please stop talking about "the truth" because you don't know the truth any better than the rest of us. 
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 647
    nicknyr15 said:
    benjs said:
    TJ25487 said:

100% right. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    No and no. Do you have a link to the gateway pundit about the basketball player?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Here. From the above for our source seekers...

1. Fox, M. (2017, March 16). Trump Budget Cuts to Scientific, Medical Research Would Have ‘Devastating’ Effect: Experts. Retrieved from https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/trump-budget-cuts-scientific-medical-research-will-have-devastating-effect-n734401
    2. Begley, S. (2010, August 5). Some Pharmaceutical Clinical Trial Results are Buried, Study Shows. Retrieved from https://www.newsweek.com/some-pharmaceutical-clinical-trial-results-are-buried-study-shows-71561
    3. NIH. (2017). Budget. Retrieved from https://www.nih.gov/about-nih/what-we-do/budget#note
    4. Als-Nielsen, B. et al. (2003). Association of funding and conclusions in randomized drug trials: a reflection of treatment effect or adverse events? Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12928469
    5. Anderson, R. (2014). Pharmaceutical industry gets high on fat profits. Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/business-28212223
    6. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2014). Examination of Clinical Trial Costs And Barriers For Drug Development. Retrieved from https://aspe.hhs.gov/reports/examination-clinical-trial-costs-barriers-drug-development-0
    7. Carome, MD, Michael A. Personal Interview. 9 June 2017.
    8. Chopra, AM, S. S. (2003). Industry Funding of Clinical trials: Benefit or Bias? Retrieved from https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/196846
    9. Cormack, L. (2017). Big pharma funding biases drug trials in favour of a sponsor’s product: review. Retrieved from https://www.smh.com.au/healthcare/big-pharma-funding-biases-drug-trials-in-favour-of-a-sponsors-product-review-20170220-gugr0d.html
    10. Ehrhardt, S. et al. (2015). Trends in National Institutes of Health Funding for Clinical Trials Registered in ClinicalTrials.gov. Retrieved from https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2475454
    11. Herper, M. (2005). David Graham On The Vioxx Verdict. Retrieved from: https://www.forbes.com/2005/08/19/merck-vioxx-graham_cx_mh_0819graham.html
    12. Joober, R. et al. (2012). Publication bias: What are the challenges and can they be overcome? Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3341407/
    13. Lundh, A. et al. (2017). Industry sponsorship and research outcome. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28207928/
    14. Sandle, T. (2015). Most clinical trials today are funded by Big Pharma. Retrieved from https://www.digitaljournal.com/tech-science/most-clinical-trials-today-are-funded-by-big-pharma/article/452974
    15. Tomes, MBA, Madris. Personal Interview. 9 June 2017.
    16. Van Praet, N. (2014). The new drug dilemma: Does big pharma have a duty to humankind – or its shareholders? Retrieved from https://financialpost.com/investing/the-new-drug-dilemma-does-big-pharma-have-a-moral-duty-to-humankind-or-its-shareholders
    17. Weintraub, A. (2016). Why Big Pharma Gets A Failing Grade On Clinical Trial Transparency. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/arleneweintraub/2016/08/17/why-big-pharma-gets-a-failing-grade-on-clinical-trial-transparency/#437150406cbd
    18. Whoriskey, P. (2012). As drug industry’s influence over research grows, so does the potential for bias. Retrieved from https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/as-drug-industrys-influence-over-research-grows-so-does-the-potential-for-bias/2012/11/24/bb64d596-1264-11e2-be82-c3411b7680a9_story.html?utm_term=.8c554c8d6336
    19. Peart, K.N. (2003, January 21). Financial Conflicts of Interest Can Influence Biomedical Research Outcomes, Yale Researchers Show. Retrieved from https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/2999/
    20. Perry, S. (2012, July 31). Private-sector physicians run clinical trials mostly for the money, study finds. Retrieved from https://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion/2012/07/private-sector-physicians-run-clinical-trials-mostly-money-study-finds/
    21. Fisher, J.A. & Kalbaugh, C.A. (2012). United States Private-Sector Physicians and Pharmaceutical Contract Research: A Quantitative Study. Retrieved from https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1001271
    22. Wolford, B. (2014, November 13). Big Pharma Plays Hide-the-Ball with Data. Retrieved from https://www.newsweek.com/2014/11/21/medical-science-has-data-problem-284066.html
    23. Szalavitz, M. (2011). The Seroquel Scandal: A Minnesota Psychiatrist's Ethical Lapses Are Suspected. Retrieved from https://healthland.time.com/2011/02/03/the-seroquel-scandal-a-minnesota-psychiatrists-ethical-lapses-are-suspected/
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    Here. From the above for our source seekers...

1. Fox, M. (2017, March 16). Trump Budget Cuts to Scientific, Medical Research Would Have ‘Devastating’ Effect: Experts. Retrieved from https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/trump-budget-cuts-scientific-medical-research-will-have-devastating-effect-n734401
    2. Begley, S. (2010, August 5). Some Pharmaceutical Clinical Trial Results are Buried, Study Shows. Retrieved from https://www.newsweek.com/some-pharmaceutical-clinical-trial-results-are-buried-study-shows-71561
    3. NIH. (2017). Budget. Retrieved from https://www.nih.gov/about-nih/what-we-do/budget#note
    4. Als-Nielsen, B. et al. (2003). Association of funding and conclusions in randomized drug trials: a reflection of treatment effect or adverse events? Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12928469
    5. Anderson, R. (2014). Pharmaceutical industry gets high on fat profits. Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/business-28212223
    6. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2014). Examination of Clinical Trial Costs And Barriers For Drug Development. Retrieved from https://aspe.hhs.gov/reports/examination-clinical-trial-costs-barriers-drug-development-0
    7. Carome, MD, Michael A. Personal Interview. 9 June 2017.
    8. Chopra, AM, S. S. (2003). Industry Funding of Clinical trials: Benefit or Bias? Retrieved from https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/196846
    9. Cormack, L. (2017). Big pharma funding biases drug trials in favour of a sponsor’s product: review. Retrieved from https://www.smh.com.au/healthcare/big-pharma-funding-biases-drug-trials-in-favour-of-a-sponsors-product-review-20170220-gugr0d.html
    10. Ehrhardt, S. et al. (2015). Trends in National Institutes of Health Funding for Clinical Trials Registered in ClinicalTrials.gov. Retrieved from https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2475454
    11. Herper, M. (2005). David Graham On The Vioxx Verdict. Retrieved from: https://www.forbes.com/2005/08/19/merck-vioxx-graham_cx_mh_0819graham.html
    12. Joober, R. et al. (2012). Publication bias: What are the challenges and can they be overcome? Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3341407/
    13. Lundh, A. et al. (2017). Industry sponsorship and research outcome. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28207928/
    14. Sandle, T. (2015). Most clinical trials today are funded by Big Pharma. Retrieved from https://www.digitaljournal.com/tech-science/most-clinical-trials-today-are-funded-by-big-pharma/article/452974
    15. Tomes, MBA, Madris. Personal Interview. 9 June 2017.
    16. Van Praet, N. (2014). The new drug dilemma: Does big pharma have a duty to humankind – or its shareholders? Retrieved from https://financialpost.com/investing/the-new-drug-dilemma-does-big-pharma-have-a-moral-duty-to-humankind-or-its-shareholders
    17. Weintraub, A. (2016). Why Big Pharma Gets A Failing Grade On Clinical Trial Transparency. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/arleneweintraub/2016/08/17/why-big-pharma-gets-a-failing-grade-on-clinical-trial-transparency/#437150406cbd
    18. Whoriskey, P. (2012). As drug industry’s influence over research grows, so does the potential for bias. Retrieved from https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/as-drug-industrys-influence-over-research-grows-so-does-the-potential-for-bias/2012/11/24/bb64d596-1264-11e2-be82-c3411b7680a9_story.html?utm_term=.8c554c8d6336
    19. Peart, K.N. (2003, January 21). Financial Conflicts of Interest Can Influence Biomedical Research Outcomes, Yale Researchers Show. Retrieved from https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/2999/
    20. Perry, S. (2012, July 31). Private-sector physicians run clinical trials mostly for the money, study finds. Retrieved from https://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion/2012/07/private-sector-physicians-run-clinical-trials-mostly-money-study-finds/
    21. Fisher, J.A. & Kalbaugh, C.A. (2012). United States Private-Sector Physicians and Pharmaceutical Contract Research: A Quantitative Study. Retrieved from https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1001271
    22. Wolford, B. (2014, November 13). Big Pharma Plays Hide-the-Ball with Data. Retrieved from https://www.newsweek.com/2014/11/21/medical-science-has-data-problem-284066.html
    23. Szalavitz, M. (2011). The Seroquel Scandal: A Minnesota Psychiatrist's Ethical Lapses Are Suspected. Retrieved from https://healthland.time.com/2011/02/03/the-seroquel-scandal-a-minnesota-psychiatrists-ethical-lapses-are-suspected/
    Point being?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    How do you think your link applies to the Covid vaccine? And can you define ‘Big Pharma”? What’s the threshold? 
  • Options
    I didn't realize Neil had a brother who did research on pharma nor that this stuff was researched and reported on, never mind being discussed. Silly me. 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    AW124797 said:
    How do you think your link applies to the Covid vaccine? And can you define ‘Big Pharma”? What’s the threshold? 

These are the same criminals that pushed vioxx, escalated oxy and sprinkled fentanyl into prescription drugs here and there. How can we trust them with covid vaccine studies if they do the research themselves? 
    Post edited by AW124797 on
  • Options
    I didn't realize Neil had a brother who did research on pharma nor that this stuff was researched and reported on, never mind being discussed. Silly me. 
    Can't wait to welcome him back on Spotify.
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    Can't wait to welcome him back on Spotify.
    Peart. 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    No and no. Do you have a link to the gateway pundit about the basketball player?
    I don't. What happened there? 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

These are the same criminals that pushed vioxx, escalated oxy and sprinkled fentanyl into prescription drugs here and there. How can we trust them with covid vaccine studies if they do the research themselves? 
    Moderna hadn’t put anything out prior to Covid, and it was Merck who was fudging the data on Vioxx. I don’t know who was sprinkling fentanyl in prescription drugs. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    edited January 2023
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    I don't. What happened there? 
    My bad, confused you with another poster. See the top of the page.

Appears the basketball player was 1 of 36 of 1,000,000, which, apparently, is evidence of mass occurrences, according to some, and that you can’t talk about it, or something like that.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on

Brilliantati©