Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,065
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    There is a ton of hyperbole and drama coming out of the anti-vax camp and most of that should just be ignored.  Any rational person understands the value of good science and solid evidence. 
    But on the other hand, I think there is very good cause to suggest that COVID vaccinations need to be studied very closely and that simply assuming nothing is wrong with them is also not a wise approach.  Because they are so new and were produced so rapidly, we don't know what the long term affects of these vaccines are.  But say something like that, and immediately a lot of people will assume you are a conspiracy laden anti-vaxer.  That's what happened with RFK Jr and yet if you listen to some of his interviews on the topic, you'll see he is not a conspiracy anti-vaxer.  No, he's like me, suggesting that more research needs to be done.
    I will admit, my own hesitation to be skeptical of the latest COVID vaccinations stems from my current rapid decline in health that start immediately with the last vaccination I got in October 2023.  I do KNOW that the vaccination was the cause, but it is suspect. 
    All I'm saying is, lets stop being so one sided here.  It's like everything else these days- all or nothing, black and white, my side or your side.  Jesus, division seems to define our very society these days.  That's neither wise nor helpful.
    RFK is kind of anti-vaxxer adjacent. he sows distrust in current vaccines, like jenny mccarthy, about the dangers of child vaccinations and that vaxes cause autism. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/15/politics/robert-kennedy-covid-vaccine-antisemitism/index.html

he also stated that said Covid-19 was “ethnically targeted” to spare Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese people. 

he says "there is no vaccine that is safe and effective". 

Kennedy rejected the label that he’s “anti-vaccine” despite his long history of spreading misinformation about the efficacy of vaccines. When presented with a prior interview in which he said that “there is no vaccine that is, you know, safe and effective,” Kennedy argued that his comments were meant to advocate greater research of vaccines while conceding that his previous remark was “a bad use of words.”

“I can say right now there is no medicine for cancer that’s safe and effective. It doesn’t mean I’m against all medicines. I’ve been fighting for two years to get mercury out of fish. Nobody calls me anti-fish,” Kennedy said.

Kennedy has been a leading proponent of vaccine misinformation through his organization Children’s Health Defense and has spent years wrongly suggesting that many vaccines are not safe. He falsely said that hepatitis B vaccines are “causing more problems than they’re solving” and stated he would be against schoolchildren being required to be vaccinated “for any vaccines.”

I should have left RFK out of it.  Killed my whole point.  Sorry.
    it didn't. I think you're right, that to some, if you even question something, you get a label. this happens now in many facets of life (I remember being called a Trump supporter here FFS). and I totally understand your line of thinking about it given your current struggles. I guess I just assume that these things are constantly being studied and monitored by the scientific community. I highly doubt that they are just leaving it behind. 

And I don't think most critical thinkers are assuming nothing is wrong with the vaccines. We know that vaccine injuries happen, but they are rare. I will embrace whatever facts come out when they come out. 
    Well said
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,767
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    There is a ton of hyperbole and drama coming out of the anti-vax camp and most of that should just be ignored.  Any rational person understands the value of good science and solid evidence. 
    But on the other hand, I think there is very good cause to suggest that COVID vaccinations need to be studied very closely and that simply assuming nothing is wrong with them is also not a wise approach.  Because they are so new and were produced so rapidly, we don't know what the long term affects of these vaccines are.  But say something like that, and immediately a lot of people will assume you are a conspiracy laden anti-vaxer.  That's what happened with RFK Jr and yet if you listen to some of his interviews on the topic, you'll see he is not a conspiracy anti-vaxer.  No, he's like me, suggesting that more research needs to be done.
    I will admit, my own hesitation to be skeptical of the latest COVID vaccinations stems from my current rapid decline in health that start immediately with the last vaccination I got in October 2023.  I do KNOW that the vaccination was the cause, but it is suspect. 
    All I'm saying is, lets stop being so one sided here.  It's like everything else these days- all or nothing, black and white, my side or your side.  Jesus, division seems to define our very society these days.  That's neither wise nor helpful.
    RFK has a long history of being an actual anti-vaxxer, not just someone saying "hey let's take a pause on Covid vaccine and see what the long term effects are".  No, that's not his historic message on this topic.  Covid just brought his nutty views into the mainstream. 

Second, I think the Covid vaccine, at this point, should be taken by people at high risk for co-morbidities.  I think we can all see that the disease has mutated to the point of not being nearly as deadly as the original virus.

Third, none of that is even in the vicinity of claiming that mRNA alters your DNA.  This technology has been around since the 60's, studied, developed and it is the basis of the Ebola vaccines.  It is not new.  People (like Tucker) that are saying this are a menace and dangerous.  Fuck them.  I'll say it 10x over.  Fuck them and Fuck him.  He's a disgrace.  
    As I said, I should NOT have mentioned RFK Jr.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    RFK is kind of anti-vaxxer adjacent. he sows distrust in current vaccines, like jenny mccarthy, about the dangers of child vaccinations and that vaxes cause autism. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/15/politics/robert-kennedy-covid-vaccine-antisemitism/index.html

he also stated that said Covid-19 was “ethnically targeted” to spare Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese people. 

Kennedy rejected the label that he’s “anti-vaccine” despite his long history of spreading misinformation about the efficacy of vaccines. When presented with a prior interview in which he said that “there is no vaccine that is, you know, safe and effective,” Kennedy argued that his comments were meant to advocate greater research of vaccines while conceding that his previous remark was “a bad use of words.”

“I can say right now there is no medicine for cancer that’s safe and effective. It doesn’t mean I’m against all medicines. I’ve been fighting for two years to get mercury out of fish. Nobody calls me anti-fish,” Kennedy said.

Kennedy has been a leading proponent of vaccine misinformation through his organization Children’s Health Defense and has spent years wrongly suggesting that many vaccines are not safe. He falsely said that hepatitis B vaccines are “causing more problems than they’re solving” and stated he would be against schoolchildren being required to be vaccinated “for any vaccines.”

it didn't. I think you're right, that to some, if you even question something, you get a label. this happens now in many facets of life (I remember being called a Trump supporter here FFS). and I totally understand your line of thinking about it given your current struggles. I guess I just assume that these things are constantly being studied and monitored by the scientific community. I highly doubt that they are just leaving it behind. 

And I don't think most critical thinkers are assuming nothing is wrong with the vaccines. We know that vaccine injuries happen, but they are rare. I will embrace whatever facts come out when they come out. 
    I hope (and suspect) you are right about the vaccines being monitored. I'm just not convinced we know enough this early. Maybe I'm just too suspect of things these days, but it sure seems to me like not much runs well anymore.  Things break down faster than they used to.  Phones do more but are not as reliable or audibly clear as they used to be, etc.  We live longer but there is more disease.  It's all a confusing mess. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,681
    you guys are running way too far with this particular mischaracterization of what rob said. 
    And this is why the same people rattle around in here. Nobody can speak or discuss without being labelled some kind of anti Vax or nut. It's embarrassing 
    Consider that you come across as disingenuine with your posts when you say you’re objective, you don’t believe in much, everything is just an opinion, yet truth is truth and people in the field should be listened to. 
  • Options
    Well all anyone says here is an opinion. As nobody here is a medical professional and truth is truth
     What's your point I don't understand. Im happy to read anything and learn.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,858
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    RFK has a long history of being an actual anti-vaxxer, not just someone saying "hey let's take a pause on Covid vaccine and see what the long term effects are".  No, that's not his historic message on this topic.  Covid just brought his nutty views into the mainstream. 

Second, I think the Covid vaccine, at this point, should be taken by people at high risk for co-morbidities.  I think we can all see that the disease has mutated to the point of not being nearly as deadly as the original virus.

Third, none of that is even in the vicinity of claiming that mRNA alters your DNA.  This technology has been around since the 60's, studied, developed and it is the basis of the Ebola vaccines.  It is not new.  People (like Tucker) that are saying this are a menace and dangerous.  Fuck them.  I'll say it 10x over.  Fuck them and Fuck him.  He's a disgrace.  
    As I said, I should NOT have mentioned RFK Jr.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I hope (and suspect) you are right about the vaccines being monitored. I'm just not convinced we know enough this early. Maybe I'm just too suspect of things these days, but it sure seems to me like not much runs well anymore.  Things break down faster than they used to.  Phones do more but are not as reliable or audibly clear as they used to be, etc.  We live longer but there is more disease.  It's all a confusing mess. 

I would certainly hope that capitalism differs greatly in function from science. things break down quicker because it makes sense for the producing company to make you need another one faster than before. 

sure, there's obviously profit in "big pharma", but you can't cut corners and have a treatment be developed properly these days. there's just too many checks in place for that. we'll never have a thalidomide again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    We are still all learning what will happen as others said above. Time is the only way to see where it all goes next 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679
    We are still all learning what will happen as others said above. Time is the only way to see where it all goes next 
    We are not learning if the Covid vaccine alters your DNA.  We know it doesn't.  That's truth.  That's not difficult to test. 
  • Options
    Well all anyone says here is an opinion. As nobody here is a medical professional and truth is truth
    There’s opinions and there’s informed opinions, and they aren’t the same thing. When you’re posting about the vaccine, you obviously also have opinions along with it but then try to backpedal out of it and claim you’re innocently just asking questions. 
  • Options
    There’s opinions and there’s informed opinions, and they aren’t the same thing. When you’re posting about the vaccine, you obviously also have opinions along with it but then try to backpedal out of it and claim you’re innocently just asking questions. 
    Not at all I don't have to pretend anything. I am interested in any news about this subject it's ok with me if I find it interesting something seems to be suggested I don't have to please yours or any other members criteria. I actually found it interesting and that's what I said 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I didn't ask you any questions 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Not at all I don't have to pretend anything. I am interested in any news about this subject it's ok with me if I find it interesting something seems to be suggested I don't have to please yours or any other members criteria. I actually found it interesting and that's what I said 

You just referred to what was in the Tucker video as truth, which is more than just interesting. 
  • Options

You just referred to what was in the Tucker video as truth, which is more than just interesting. 
    I actually did not at all refer to it as truth. Not once read back fella 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

no, he didn't. you and mrussell misinterpreted that. he was saying if it was truth, it doesn't matter whose mouth it comes from. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 14
    What you have misread is me saying I didn't think it mattered who the interviewer was because if his style was not to people's taste( as I have no idea who the guy is apart from I recently saw he was the guy interview Putin.)  I never once said what was in the video was truth you are very wrong . It was not in context of any video. I said truth is truth not the video is truth ffs read back
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,519

Ok, but news about the virus coming from sources like Johns Hopkins University or University of Oxford should carry more weight than news about the virus from say, Alex Jones or John Cleese, no? 
  • Options

no, he didn't. you and mrussell misinterpreted that. he was saying if it was truth, it doesn't matter whose mouth it comes from. 
    I don't get what they don't get. Thanks again for clarifying. There seems to be quite the tag team here pathetic 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,909

1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    What you have misread is me saying I didn't think it mattered who the interviewer was because if his style was not to people's taste( as I have no idea who the guy is apart from I recently saw he was the guy inter Putin.)  I never once said what was in the video was truth you are very wrong 
    “Tucker has an interesting video”

”Tucker is a menace” 

“Truth is truth regardless”

”which is..”

“I guess what the doctors say and what the actual information is. Does it matter the name of the interviewer?”

This reads like you said what’s in the video is true. I don’t have a need to keep going on this, but it’s a common thing on the internet for people to get too far over the tips of their skis, and instead of just owning it, they try to say they didn’t say what they really said. 
  • Options
    I own what I say completely the fact you don't understand is totally your problem good night
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679
    edited February 14
    What you have misread is me saying I didn't think it mattered who the interviewer was because if his style was not to people's taste( as I have no idea who the guy is apart from I recently saw he was the guy interview Putin.)  I never once said what was in the video was truth you are very wrong . It was not in context of any video. I said truth is truth not the video is truth ffs read back
    Our problem with Tucker isn't his style.  It's that he's a fucking liar.  

Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,767
    Ahh screw it.   Time will answer all of these questions.  Anybody wanna meet up in the lounge for a drink or whatever?  :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,546
    23scidoo said:
    What is the concrete scientific evidence for you??..because there are doctors and scientists out there who are yelling..
    SOMETHING HAPPENING HERE!!..
    yes, of course there's going to be outliers waving the flags of conspiracy. conjecture and hypothesis are nothing, regardless of profession. you still have to ask what concrete scientific evidence is? research, with indisputable findings that are peer reviewed and published. 

if those findings show that it's the vaccine causing it, I'll 100% believe it. 
    so, a nobel award scientist is an ''outlier waving the flags of conspiracy''..university professors are ''outlier waving the flags of conspiracy''..
    very nice..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    you guys are running way too far with this particular mischaracterization of what rob said. 
    And this is why the same people rattle around in here. Nobody can speak or discuss without being labelled some kind of anti Vax or nut. It's embarrassing 
    What's embarrassing is the lack of critical thinking.  

A Zombie apocalypse is interesting.  I wouldn't think to have a serious debate about it. 
    Of course its embarrasing..you are from this..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Nice Brian..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

Ok, but news about the virus coming from sources like Johns Hopkins University or University of Oxford should carry more weight than news about the virus from say, Alex Jones or John Cleese, no? 
    How about the university of Kioto??..did you forget the japanese scientist??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    LostDog_72LostDog_72 London Posts: 74
    If it is actually the case that the vaccine causes/has caused widespread health issues, then I just cannot see that governments or big pharma would ever admit it.

I don't know anyone who received the covid vaccine and has developed heart complications (or anything else for that matter), so I have no cause to claim there is a conspiracy at play. I just cannot see them putting their hands up and admitting it. The backlash (social and financial) would be beyond measure.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    What is the concrete scientific evidence for you??..because there are doctors and scientists out there who are yelling..
    SOMETHING HAPPENING HERE!!..
    yes, of course there's going to be outliers waving the flags of conspiracy. conjecture and hypothesis are nothing, regardless of profession. you still have to ask what concrete scientific evidence is? research, with indisputable findings that are peer reviewed and published. 

if those findings show that it's the vaccine causing it, I'll 100% believe it. 
    so, a nobel award scientist is an ''outlier waving the flags of conspiracy''..university professors are ''outlier waving the flags of conspiracy''..
    very nice..
    maybe a poor choice of words on my part. all I'm saying is that, in today's day and age of the scientific method, the outlier, regardless of award status or profession, are usually the ones that are incorrect. it's only in disaster movies where the outlier is the smartest one in the room. 

again, if those outliers can use the normal outlets for proving their theories, then have at it. 

"something happening here" is not the preferred scientific approach. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Can't fucking wait
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07