Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,065
    I would ask mine he has many qualifications and 35 years practice. Probably knows a lot
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,682
    The truth is the truth regardless 
    Wait a minute... you think it's "the truth" that MRNA alters your DNA?  We've had MRNA for over 20 years.  
  • Options
    For example my daughter is in 3rd year uni neuro science and knows a lot about DNA and how it all works they learn it at an early stage
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wait a minute... you think it's "the truth" that MRNA alters your DNA?  We've had MRNA for over 20 years.  
    Mate I haven't told you my opinion. I don't play your dumb games. Find another to play with 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Mate I haven't told you my opinion. I don't play your dumb games. Find another to play with 

That's your quote.  And the video is about MRNA introducing foreign DNA and altering your DNA.  So don't give me any cop-out statement about your opinion.  You said it's the truth.  And that's the dumbest fucking thing I've read today. But it's early.  
  • Options
    I'm objective and don't believe much I keep an open mind and try to learn as much as possible what I think
     You think or any other person here matters not. All I said was there is an interesting interview and the truth is truth in general. None of us know the truth we only have opinion. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That's your quote.  And the video is about MRNA introducing foreign DNA and altering your DNA.  So don't give me any cop-out statement about your opinion.  You said it's the truth.  And that's the dumbest fucking thing I've read today. But it's early.  
    I never once said" it's "the truth read back.  Believe what you want
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,859
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I didn't take his 'truth is the truth" as saying tucker's video was the truth, just a general statement that it doesn't matter who says the truth, if it's true it's true. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I didn't take his 'truth is the truth" as saying tucker's video was the truth, just a general statement that it doesn't matter who says the truth, if it's true it's true. 
    Exactly what I typed some people want a fight. It's ok. I'm a big boy.  I've dealt with many like this. I'm glad you read what I typed and not what you wanted to have someone type to have a fight. Thank you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Exactly what I typed some people want a fight. It's ok. I'm a big boy.  I've dealt with many like this. I'm glad you read what I typed and not what you wanted to have someone type to have a fight. Thank you
    mrussel isn't like that in my experience. I can also see why he interpreted the way he did. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    I'm objective and don't believe much I keep an open mind and try to learn as much as possible what I think
     You think or any other person here matters not. All I said was there is an interesting interview and the truth is truth in general. None of us know the truth we only have opinion. 
    We have more than opinions, we have data and studies, some more reputable than others to give us a basis for the truth. 

For example, it's objectively true that cardiac events were the leading killer of US college age athletes over the last 20 years. 

Some data may emerge in the coming years showing a spike in such events following the vaccine rollout, but until that data arrives, we have no reason to think vaccines are causing something that's been happening our entire lives. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Okay well that's not the truth.  It's bullshit.  No one's DNA is changing.  There is ZERO scientific evidence of that happening and that is empirically provable.  It's not something that's open to debate and NOT opinion.  When MRNA was introduced, all of that was studied.  So some fucknut doctor claiming it to Tucker doesn't make it true.  If it's the TRUTH, then it should be exceptionally easy to prove.  Here is your DNA before the vaccine, and look how it's different after.  WTF.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Okay well that's not the truth.  It's bullshit.  No one's DNA is changing.  There is ZERO scientific evidence of that happening and that is empirically provable.  It's not something that's open to debate and NOT opinion.  When MRNA was introduced, all of that was studied.  So some fucknut doctor claiming it to Tucker doesn't make it true.  If it's the TRUTH, then it should be exceptionally easy to prove.  Here is your DNA before the vaccine, and look how it's different after.  WTF.  
    good. now we know. I didn't watch the video. All he was saying was that IF the video content was true, it didn't matter that it was presented by tucker. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

good. now we know. I didn't watch the video. All he was saying was that IF the video content was true, it didn't matter that it was presented by tucker. 
    Not according to Fox News' own attorneys:

"The "'general tenor' of [tucker carlson's] show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Vyskocil, an appointee of President Trump's, added, "Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as 'exaggeration,' 'non-literal commentary,' or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable."

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

If Fox News own attorneys testified that tucker has no interest in the truth, why should any of us extend the benefit of the doubt to the people he interviews? It's been established he doesn't operate in good faith. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

"The "'general tenor' of [tucker carlson's] show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Vyskocil, an appointee of President Trump's, added, "Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as 'exaggeration,' 'non-literal commentary,' or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable."

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

If Fox News own attorneys testified that tucker has no interest in the truth, why should any of us extend the benefit of the doubt to the people he interviews? It's been established he doesn't operate in good faith. 
    So if Tucker says on his show that the sun sets in the west, we should regard that as false information?

I already stated he's full of shit, we all know that, and he we know he has no interest in truth. what I'm saying is, if he ever does happen to speak the truth, it doesn't make it a lie just because he said it. it's still the truth. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    you guys are running way too far with this particular mischaracterization of what rob said. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    you guys are running way too far with this particular mischaracterization of what rob said. 
    And this is why the same people rattle around in here. Nobody can speak or discuss without being labelled some kind of anti Vax or nut. It's embarrassing 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

So if Tucker says on his show that the sun sets in the west, we should regard that as false information?

I already stated he's full of shit, we all know that, and he we know he has no interest in truth. what I'm saying is, if he ever does happen to speak the truth, it doesn't make it a lie just because he said it. it's still the truth. 
    Sorry I'm skeptical of a person who has proven repeatedly they deserve skepticism. At this point it would be foolish for anyone NOT to be skeptical of what tucker is bringing to the table, all things considered. 

And this is why the same people rattle around in here. Nobody can speak or discuss without being labelled some kind of anti Vax or nut. It's embarrassing 
    It's unfortunate someone misinterpreted your vague comment. Maybe share a link to the video? 
  • Options
    Again I didn't state anything anyone said as truth . I said it was interesting.  You can find what you like interesting. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited February 14
    What's embarrassing is the lack of critical thinking.  

A Zombie apocalypse is interesting.  I wouldn't think to have a serious debate about it. 
  • Options
    Ok mate. Great reply
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Ok mate. Great reply
    You want to discuss whether MRNA changes the nucleus of your DNA because you think it's interesting?  And that truth is truth?  Sorry I don't entertain nonsense.  I don't debate whether Superman can kick Spiderman's ass either.  That's the category in which I put these arguments.  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,767
    There is a ton of hyperbole and drama coming out of the anti-vax camp and most of that should just be ignored.  Any rational person understands the value of good science and solid evidence. 
    But on the other hand, I think there is very good cause to suggest that COVID vaccinations need to be studied very closely and that simply assuming nothing is wrong with them is also not a wise approach.  Because they are so new and were produced so rapidly, we don't know what the long term affects of these vaccines are.  But say something like that, and immediately a lot of people will assume you are a conspiracy laden anti-vaxer.  That's what happened with RFK Jr and yet if you listen to some of his interviews on the topic, you'll see he is not a conspiracy anti-vaxer.  No, he's like me, suggesting that more research needs to be done.
    I will admit, my own hesitation to be skeptical of the latest COVID vaccinations stems from my current rapid decline in health that start immediately with the last vaccination I got in October 2023.  I do KNOW that the vaccination was the cause, but it is suspect. 
    All I'm saying is, lets stop being so one sided here.  It's like everything else these days- all or nothing, black and white, my side or your side.  Jesus, division seems to define our very society these days.  That's neither wise nor helpful.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I missed the comment where you were labeled as anti-vax or a nut. 
  • Options
    Sencible approach Brian. I agree
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Ok mate. Great reply
    You want to discuss whether MRNA changes the nucleus of your DNA because you think it's interesting?  And that truth is truth?  Sorry I don't entertain nonsense.  I don't debate whether Superman can kick Spiderman's ass either.  That's the category in which I put these arguments.  
    Good job I didn't ask for you to entertain me then . Jog on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    brianlux said:
    There is a ton of hyperbole and drama coming out of the anti-vax camp and most of that should just be ignored.  Any rational person understands the value of good science and solid evidence. 
    But on the other hand, I think there is very good cause to suggest that COVID vaccinations need to be studied very closely and that simply assuming nothing is wrong with them is also not a wise approach.  Because they are so new and were produced so rapidly, we don't know what the long term affects of these vaccines are.  But say something like that, and immediately a lot of people will assume you are a conspiracy laden anti-vaxer.  That's what happened with RFK Jr and yet if you listen to some of his interviews on the topic, you'll see he is not a conspiracy anti-vaxer.  No, he's like me, suggesting that more research needs to be done.
    I will admit, my own hesitation to be skeptical of the latest COVID vaccinations stems from my current rapid decline in health that start immediately with the last vaccination I got in October 2023.  I do KNOW that the vaccination was the cause, but it is suspect. 
    All I'm saying is, lets stop being so one sided here.  It's like everything else these days- all or nothing, black and white, my side or your side.  Jesus, division seems to define our very society these days.  That's neither wise nor helpful.
    RFK is kind of anti-vaxxer adjacent. he sows distrust in current vaccines, like jenny mccarthy, about the dangers of child vaccinations and that vaxes cause autism. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/15/politics/robert-kennedy-covid-vaccine-antisemitism/index.html

he also stated that said Covid-19 was “ethnically targeted” to spare Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese people. 

he says "there is no vaccine that is safe and effective". 

Kennedy rejected the label that he’s “anti-vaccine” despite his long history of spreading misinformation about the efficacy of vaccines. When presented with a prior interview in which he said that “there is no vaccine that is, you know, safe and effective,” Kennedy argued that his comments were meant to advocate greater research of vaccines while conceding that his previous remark was “a bad use of words.”

“I can say right now there is no medicine for cancer that’s safe and effective. It doesn’t mean I’m against all medicines. I’ve been fighting for two years to get mercury out of fish. Nobody calls me anti-fish,” Kennedy said.

Kennedy has been a leading proponent of vaccine misinformation through his organization Children’s Health Defense and has spent years wrongly suggesting that many vaccines are not safe. He falsely said that hepatitis B vaccines are “causing more problems than they’re solving” and stated he would be against schoolchildren being required to be vaccinated “for any vaccines.”

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,767
    brianlux said:
    RFK is kind of anti-vaxxer adjacent. he sows distrust in current vaccines, like jenny mccarthy, about the dangers of child vaccinations and that vaxes cause autism. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/15/politics/robert-kennedy-covid-vaccine-antisemitism/index.html

he also stated that said Covid-19 was “ethnically targeted” to spare Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese people. 

Kennedy rejected the label that he’s “anti-vaccine” despite his long history of spreading misinformation about the efficacy of vaccines. When presented with a prior interview in which he said that “there is no vaccine that is, you know, safe and effective,” Kennedy argued that his comments were meant to advocate greater research of vaccines while conceding that his previous remark was “a bad use of words.”

“I can say right now there is no medicine for cancer that’s safe and effective. It doesn’t mean I’m against all medicines. I’ve been fighting for two years to get mercury out of fish. Nobody calls me anti-fish,” Kennedy said.

Kennedy has been a leading proponent of vaccine misinformation through his organization Children’s Health Defense and has spent years wrongly suggesting that many vaccines are not safe. He falsely said that hepatitis B vaccines are “causing more problems than they’re solving” and stated he would be against schoolchildren being required to be vaccinated “for any vaccines.”

I should have left RFK out of it.  Killed my whole point.  Sorry.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    RFK has a long history of being an actual anti-vaxxer, not just someone saying "hey let's take a pause on Covid vaccine and see what the long term effects are".  No, that's not his historic message on this topic.  Covid just brought his nutty views into the mainstream. 

Second, I think the Covid vaccine, at this point, should be taken by people at high risk for co-morbidities.  I think we can all see that the disease has mutated to the point of not being nearly as deadly as the original virus.

Third, none of that is even in the vicinity of claiming that mRNA alters your DNA.  This technology has been around since the 60's, studied, developed and it is the basis of the Ebola vaccines.  It is not new.  People (like Tucker) that are saying this are a menace and dangerous.  Fuck them.  I'll say it 10x over.  Fuck them and Fuck him.  He's a disgrace.  
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I should have left RFK out of it.  Killed my whole point.  Sorry.
    it didn't. I think you're right, that to some, if you even question something, you get a label. this happens now in many facets of life (I remember being called a Trump supporter here FFS). and I totally understand your line of thinking about it given your current struggles. I guess I just assume that these things are constantly being studied and monitored by the scientific community. I highly doubt that they are just leaving it behind. 

And I don't think most critical thinkers are assuming nothing is wrong with the vaccines. We know that vaccine injuries happen, but they are rare. I will embrace whatever facts come out when they come out. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com