Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    It just seems like a lot of Fauci's opinions at the time are being used against him nearly two years later.

I have a hard time believing that he doesn't have our best interests at heart. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I find it odd that people are only willing to look at the last 2 years of what he's done. I mean, the guy has been dedicating his life's work for 50 years researching and fighting infectious diseases all over the world. unless you think he did all that because his end game was getting to talk to Don Lemon every other day. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,514
    I find it odd that people are only willing to look at the last 2 years of what he's done. I mean, the guy has been dedicating his life's work for 50 years researching and fighting infectious diseases all over the world. unless you think he did all that because his end game was getting to talk to Don Lemon every other day. 
    The right needs a scapegoat. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    edited January 2022
    Yeah I'm big on whataboutisms but it just seems like such an explainable situation (to prevent health care workers from not having proper protection) that it is justified.

But whatever.  Let's discredit Fauci as much as possible because that helps.
    helps what? are helping solve the covid crisis here? I think it's a good discussion to have, because until nick brought it up, I hadn't seen fauci's quote about masking data/theory in the early days vs now. I think honestly it's great for people to see that. Myself included. 
    So do you think his explanation was acceptable?

It's like the Maddow clip I brought up the other day that I keep seeing everywhere. In the early days of the vaccine the reports were that the vaccinated would not carry the virus to pass to others. Now we know that is wrong yet the right is going on and on about how Maddow lied to discredit her.  

Same with Fauci. In the very early response he said something incorrect that he corrected very soon after that. Yet here we are calling him a liar.

Doesn't make sense to me but whatever.  Carry on.

Fuck Fauci! He must be stupid because he says masks don't help!
    I remember listening to Fauci explain that he didn't want N95 masks going to regular people, because they wouldn't get in the hands of people that really need them.  That is definitely true.  I couldn't believe he said that.

People have a hard time believing him now because of something like that.

Nick is right about masks being bought up in droves and sent to China.  I couldn't find ANY for my men.  Got lucky w one vendor and rationed those until a month later when new shipments were coming in.
    But does a comment that Fauci made that was soon backtracked/corrected really have anything to do with N95 masks being sent to China in January 2020? That's what Nick said. Fauci made his statement on March 8, 2020 right?

I'm with you, and astounded by this train of thought. Why would I want decisions made today to be based on realities observed or believed years prior? Learning, and evolving stances based on learning, are not shameful activities worthy of ridicule. If others disagree, maybe we should resume burning witches and reintroducing segregation, while trying to walk to the edge of the world to see what happens when we fall off it.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Yeah I'm big on whataboutisms but it just seems like such an explainable situation (to prevent health care workers from not having proper protection) that it is justified.

But whatever.  Let's discredit Fauci as much as possible because that helps.
    helps what? are helping solve the covid crisis here? I think it's a good discussion to have, because until nick brought it up, I hadn't seen fauci's quote about masking data/theory in the early days vs now. I think honestly it's great for people to see that. Myself included. 
    So do you think his explanation was acceptable?

It's like the Maddow clip I brought up the other day that I keep seeing everywhere. In the early days of the vaccine the reports were that the vaccinated would not carry the virus to pass to others. Now we know that is wrong yet the right is going on and on about how Maddow lied to discredit her.  

Same with Fauci. In the very early response he said something incorrect that he corrected very soon after that. Yet here we are calling him a liar.

Doesn't make sense to me but whatever.  Carry on.

Fuck Fauci! He must be stupid because he says masks don't help!
    I remember listening to Fauci explain that he didn't want N95 masks going to regular people, because they wouldn't get in the hands of people that really need them.  That is definitely true.  I couldn't believe he said that.

People have a hard time believing him now because of something like that.

Nick is right about masks being bought up in droves and sent to China.  I couldn't find ANY for my men.  Got lucky w one vendor and rationed those until a month later when new shipments were coming in.
    But does a comment that Fauci made that was soon backtracked/corrected really have anything to do with N95 masks being sent to China in January 2020? That's what Nick said. Fauci made his statement on March 8, 2020 right?

I'm with you, and astounded by this train of thought. Why would I want decisions made today to be based on realities observed or believed years prior? Learning, and evolving stances based on learning, are not shameful activities worthy of ridicule. If others disagree, maybe we should resume burning witches and reintroducing segregation, while trying to walk to the edge of the world to see what happens when we fall off it.
    Thank you....I thought I was losing my mind

It's the same shit with newspapers retracting stories. The right wants to hang onto the original story and ignore that it was corrected/retracted once other information became available.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Good at LEAST they are trying to ease the backlog…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,514
    "Don't Fauci my Florida" 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,557
    It just seems like a lot of Fauci's opinions at the time are being used against him nearly two years later.

Dr. Faucis whole career as an epidemiologist has been about "our best interests".
    But because of today's society where everything is politicized and driven by social media he is vilified.

2 years ago the doctors, experts, scientists didn't  know what they didn't know. Today we are exponentially more knowledgeable about Covid.

I was at NIAID in the early 90s under Dr. Fauci when the AIDS epidemic was at it worst. People we knew were dying constantly and nothing was working, yet.
    But because there was no internet as we know it and therefore no social media he and others were able to keep their heads down and get the job done.

AIDS has killed just over 700,000 Americans to this date. Most between 1981 and 1995.
    Covid has killed just over 850,000.
    Think about that.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    presented without comment

Hana Horka: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996

A folk singer from the Czech Republic has died after deliberately catching Covid, her son has told the BBC.

Hana Horka, 57, was unvaccinated and had posted on social media that she was recovering after testing positive, but died two days later.

Her son, Jan Rek, said she got infected on purpose when he and his father had the virus, so she could get a recovery pass to access certain venues.

The Czech Republic reported a record number of Covid-19 cases on Wednesday.

Mr Rek and his father, who are both fully vaccinated, both caught Covid over Christmas. But he said his mother had decided not to stay away from them, preferring instead to expose herself to the virus.

"She should have isolated for a week because we tested positive. But she was with us the whole time," he said.

Proof of vaccination or recent infection from the virus is required in the Czech Republic to gain entry to many social and cultural venues, including cinemas, bars and cafes.

His mother was a member of one of the oldest Czech folk groups, Asonance. She had wanted to catch Covid so there would be fewer restrictions on her movement, Mr Rek explained.

Two days before she died, she wrote on social media that she was recovering: "Now there will be theatre, sauna, a concert".

continues...

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

Dr. Faucis whole career as an epidemiologist has been about "our best interests".
    But because of today's society where everything is politicized and driven by social media he is vilified.

2 years ago the doctors, experts, scientists didn't  know what they didn't know. Today we are exponentially more knowledgeable about Covid.

I was at NIAID in the early 90s under Dr. Fauci when the AIDS epidemic was at it worst. People we knew were dying constantly and nothing was working, yet.
    But because there was no internet as we know it and therefore no social media he and others were able to keep their heads down and get the job done.

AIDS has killed just over 700,000 Americans to this date. Most between 1981 and 1995.
    Think about that.

Imagine if AIDS went airborne?
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Think about that.

There were people back then who thought it was.
    Who thought you could get it from kissing.
    From being in the same room.
    From shaking hands.

That same idiocy plays out today as anti-vax and anti-mask.

What is easier? Getting a guy to wear a condom or get someone to wear a mask?

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,666

Think about that.

From shaking hands.

That she idiocy plays out today as anti-vax and anti-mask.

I'm allergic to laytex, poly and lambskin.  Sucks. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Think about that.

From shaking hands.

so i guess it is wear a mask then?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Think about that.

From shaking hands.

Yeah it's really been a curse not being able to wear a condom. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    mrussel1 said:

Think about that.

From shaking hands.

don't allergic reactions often cause inflammation/swelling? 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Think about that.

From shaking hands.

Yeah it's really been a curse not being able to wear a condom. 
    yeah man that sucks. i am sorry to hear.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Think about that.

From shaking hands.

don't allergic reactions often cause inflammation/swelling? 
    I thought it caused shrinkage 
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Think about that.

From shaking hands.

I live a few miles down the road from where Ryan White moved when he started getting discriminated against at his school. It is amazing to think of it now because that town (who accepted him with open arms in their school) is the most redneck hillbilly anti-mask place in the midwest right now.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Of course now we’re blaming Trump for Fauci lying. Of course. It must be Trumps fault. 
    Do you know for a fact that Dr. Ouchie was lying at the time with what he and others understood of the virus and how it spread (in other words, had the research shown that face diapers would be effective against the spread of this particular virus, he was told such, maybe repeatedly and he chose to lie about it, or he couldn't honestly say that face diapers would have an impact, or, he stayed on message with POOTWH, his corrupt cabinet and all the other operatives that made it a political statement), as opposed to how its confirmed that POOTWH was lying every day when he put himself before the cameras and mics?

Where should the buck stop?

2 years and still going with a raging pandemic and Dr. Ouchie owns the cons.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Of course now we’re blaming Trump for Fauci lying. Of course. It must be Trumps fault. 
    Do you know for a fact that Dr. Ouchie was lying at the time with what he and others understood of the virus and how it spread (in other words, had the research shown that face diapers would be effective against the spread of this particular virus, he was told such, maybe repeatedly and he chose to lie about it, or he couldn't honestly say that face diapers would have an impact, or, he stayed on message with POOTWH, his corrupt cabinet and all the other operatives that made it a political statement), as opposed to how its confirmed that POOTWH was lying every day when he put himself before the cameras and mics?

birx offered to be on the same page as trump though. her emails became public after trump left office. she betrayed her duties as a physician by doing that. she was going to go along with whatever narrative the administration wanted to put forth rather than advise the president to the best of her abilities. thank god fauci did not do that or we would be where we were in mid 2020.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,245
    mrussel1 said:

Think about that.

From shaking hands.

Your opening line on a blind date?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

birx offered to be on the same page as trump though. her emails became public after trump left office. she betrayed her duties as a physician by doing that. she was going to go along with whatever narrative the administration wanted to put forth rather than advise the president to the best of her abilities. thank god fauci did not do that or we would be where we were in mid 2020.
    I lost all respect for Birx when she made the faces and squirmed after POOTWH looked at her and suggested that we shine a light up our ass or ingest disinfectants and didn't resign. And POOTWH said those things knowing how infectious and deadly covid was, what potential prevention/treatment methods were and for the sole purpose of embarrassing and intimidating a woman way more smarter than he is. And the outrage, 2 years on, due to the sewer of a resurrected Instagram/twitter post regarding "face diapers," is directed at Dr. Ouchie. What was that about critical thinking skills again? Good lord this nation is so fucked.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

Think about that.

From shaking hands.

Nah, I drop that little lie after the point of no return. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

Think about that.

From shaking hands.

Nah, I drop that little lie after the point of no return. 
    A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I lost all respect for Birx when she made the faces and squirmed after POOTWH looked at her and suggested that we shine a light up our ass or ingest disinfectants and didn't resign. And POOTWH said those things knowing how infectious and deadly covid was, what potential prevention/treatment methods were and for the sole purpose of embarrassing and intimidating a woman way more smarter than he is. And the outrage, 2 years on, due to the sewer of a resurrected Instagram/twitter post regarding "face diapers," is directed at Dr. Ouchie. What was that about critical thinking skills again? Good lord this nation is so fucked.
    Same...and now we know that she offered to go on vacation so that she wouldn't be asked to contradict the BS that tRump was spewing.

That was the moment of truth and she fucking failed us horribly.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:

Same...and now we know that she offered to go on vacation so that she wouldn't be asked to contradict the BS that tRump was spewing.

She should have got up, kneed POOTWH in the nuts and vehemently said from the podium, "don't ingest, inject disinfectants or shine a light up your ass. POTUS is vastly uninformed and ignorant on these matters, listen to him at your peril." Then been arrested for assault, been fired, served her six months and been a commie cause celebre.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,806
    nicknyr15 said:

😴😴😴😴

1 year removed and everything with you is still buh buh trump and what about trump. Boring. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2022
    nicknyr15 said:

Two things: She didn't offer to be on the same page. The emails explicitly state that she could not support the bullshit that the administration was spewing and would rather have the option to just not be present when it's happening. 

And what about her work since the 1980s to fight infectious diseases, including AIDS?

Seems like some sexism is at play here.

Fauci outright lied. Full stop. 

Wearing face masks of any kind that cover your nose and mouth help to mitigate spreading infectious respiratory (and other) illnesses. Every medical professional knows that—certainly one who's been in the racket as long as he has—and they’ve known it for centuries. He knew he was lying. Why else add that little nugget about it stopping a droplet?

We can argue about the reasoning and morals behind it—for instance, I understand the why but don't buy his explanation (see: every medical professional has known for centuries that wearing face masks of any kind that cover your nose and mouth help to mitigate spreading infectious respiratory illnesses)—but some folks are bending over backwards to say that he didn't know the facts because of the evolving nature of the disease and science, etc.

That willful ignorance is not a good look.

I still think he's better than nothing.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM